Skinny front tires

>skinny front tires
>front wheel drive
>lightweight
>more torque than most mid-size trucks

Why did Ford think this was a good combination?

>he considers mid size trucks as truck

my gf drives one, its a really fun little car

>He needs a truck the size of a bus

It is, I fucking love mine.

Plenty of power but not so much that you will get in huge trouble by pushing the limits.

Because it's got a well balanced chassis and computer system. We're not talking about some crude, clunky shitbarge or truck here.

t; any thread that uses a toyota or ford stock photo gets immediately hidden without question, regardless of pretense.

It's how we do it. It's how we
>MAKE Veeky Forums GREAT AGAIN

>he doesn't daily drive an F650

Why did Ford think making constipated Twingo knockoffs was a good thing?

Wider tires and offset rims, whats the problem?

mad skids cunt

That thing is so lost in Japan...

As an actual FiST owner, tire/wheel sizes is an issue.

>4x108 bolt pattern is rare, especially if you want an 8" wide wheel
>215/45/17 (and similarly sized tires) or larger will cause rubbing and big speedo error, finding good gripping tires in smaller sizes is a bit difficult

The Direzza ZII Star Spec comes in some nice sizes we can use like 225/45/16, but fuck if they aren't screaming loud for a DD. RE71R's are even worse as DD tires.

Yea the FiST in general isn't great for modifications.

>4x108
AYY LMAO
>tfw 4x98

The shittiness of owning a Ford is only beginning to reveal itself to you. Ford has fucked you over in so many ways, you'll be discovering those ways with each passing day for decades to come.

Please tell me all about it

Wat.

The aftermarket for them is already almost the size of mustang.

Yea but its FWD so whats the point?

I think the FiST is best with an intercooler, RMM, lower charge pipe, and moderately aggressive tune for 205-215WHP/250-270WTRQ.

Intakes/exhausts/chassis bracing have zero benefit, and power modding it with a bigger turbo is stupid because it kills the appeal of this car. Buy an MS3/Focus ST/Cobalt SS if you want BOOOOOOOOOOOST.

>tfw need a class 1 drivers license to drive one of these in Canada

>15 year old girls can drive them in America with next to no training
God bless the USA

That's in china

Yeah, but only the weird weeaboo-like bus riding denizens of this board care.

Thats a fiat

FiST is basically a turbah car for poorfaggots

Poorfags can't afford new cars

the turbo is just there to fool the epa

This.
MS3 is pretty heavy, but those engines can handle a fuckton of boost. 14 psi stock, and the forged internals can prolly handle another 5 psi. The suspension layout on those handle amazingly and they come with a geared LSD.

Cobalt SS and the Neon SRT4 are also good choices, both are really lightweight. The Neon is ugly but those engines are godly.

Don't know much about Focus ST's, desu.

So why not use blank rims and drill holes to suit?

I dunno man, I slapped some strut braces and a trunk brace on and it feels like a different animal in the turns.

For the same reason no one anywhere does that to any car.

Not even close actually.

Yeah but does it actually handle better?

It's a small, stiff car that can three-wheel out of the box, don't make it even more of a rollover hazard.

I have a FoST running a safe 'stage 1' tune from stratified with 21 PSI

IIRC stock is like 17 with overboost to 20. Both ST cars stock clutch is good up until 300hp/300tq I believe.

I find that the initial turn-in is even more sharp and bites hard. I'll admit it's more unforgiving if you nose it a bit too much, but I can confidently say that, in a track scenario at least, it's shaved margins off my times.

Side note: high speed S-turns that lift that rear outside wheel are about a thousand times scarier.

hey how does the turbo kick in the FoST? I have a wrx and its linear asf. Sometimes doesn't even feel like a turbo. Do you get a big satisfying kick when you're in the rev range?

I dunno about the FoST, but the FiST definitely has an old school turbo kick. I've heard the same thing said about the Focus RS.

>decide to replace my front tires because they had huge chunks of them spooned out
>put the sticky back tires in front and put shitty grip tires in back
>snap oversteer very easily on turns
>end up taking a corner too fast
>ridiculous amount of snap oversteer
>almost over correct into sidewalk

shit was fun and scary as hell
never again

pretty linear feeling stock. Depending on how hard you put foot down. It has 'stages of boost' if you will. I've driven a new sedan wrx and it only feels linear in 3rd + 4th. Stock tune for those seems like it's quick to 2.5k, boost, hits 4.5k and dies off.

with a tune it's a lot more linear feeling through rev range and gears. Without boost limiting as bad you definitely get a kick tho.

Shame, happens alot in the custom scene. Jus sayin