/hbg/ - Hombrew and Hacking General

Spookies edition

Previous thread:-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.01 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0/11.1 downgrading released. Requires 4 specific DSi games. More info here: 3ds.guide/nfirm-downgrade
-If your on 11.0-11.2 and don't have any of the 4 games above you'll need a second 3DS along with any DSiWare game.

>Wii U
-ColdBoot HaxChi looking promising, may want to wait for lower risk implementations
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468
-New DNS that block updates have been released. gbatemp.net/threads/451486 & gbatemp.net/threads/436346
-New tool for dumping images from a Wii U disc has been released gbatemp.net/threads/wudump-dump-raw-images-from-a-wiiu-game-disc.451736/

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/LocalFriendCodeSeed_B/start/2016-12-03/end/2016-12-05/
gbatemp.net/threads/all-3-methods-to-get-unbanned-from-recent-ban-wave.450679/
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/50ovhy/new_3dsxl2ds_firmware_by_serial_september_2016/
3dsiso.com/cia-format-gba-nes-gbc-gb-snes-virtual-console-games/274981-mega-130-gba-games-colors-restored-ghosting-begone.html
twitter.com/theflow0/status/809719557069950976
twitter.com/theflow0/status/809736712486350849
rebug.me/official-rebug-4-81-1-cobra-7-31-toolbox-2-02-11-dec-16th-2016/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Something when?

Haven't been here in a while but did that Pokemon ban really last for 15 days?

I had a 2nd hacked 3DS so once I got that straight I just left the general.

5 hours

So, how the fuck do I convert games for ofw ps3's?
OP's guide is outdated and most guides on internet are convulted and poorly translated from russian.

I successfully installed legit games on my 11.0 ofw but everytime I restart my 3ds it goes back to the giftwrap?

If i installed a game with freeshop, can i download the dlc from the 3ds menu, or do i have to download the cia to install it?

nah it's permanent

But you can unban online in games using the public Localfriendcodeseed_b, but it'll get banned eventually
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/LocalFriendCodeSeed_B/start/2016-12-03/end/2016-12-05/

gbatemp.net/threads/all-3-methods-to-get-unbanned-from-recent-ban-wave.450679/
you could try this too

33c3 might give us better methods

Nah it's okay I just wanted to know if it was perm or not. I unbanned myself with my own friendcodeseed_b from my 2nd 3DS.

after you download the games in free shop click the game controller icon and it will show you games that have DLC/updates to download

do you have menuhax

Yes, that's my primary entrypoint

try uninstalling it and reinstall it, something similar used to happen when 11.0 menuhax released

Can I uninstall on menuhax or do I have to get to browserhax and uninstall it from there

just change your theme and change it back then reinstall it through browserhax or whatever other entrypoint you want

would y'all be interested in a homebrew port of funkii to the wiiu?

the first version would be pretty shitty as a proof of concept sort of thing
that just downloads and a given titlekey from a config file to the sd in the right folder for the wup installer and generates/downloads a ticket.

next would be caching the titlekeys database locally and using that to give you a text list to select from.

then searching/filtering the list

then an actual UI based off of HBL/homebrew app store's UI code

depending on how hard it ends up being, I'd like to integrate the WUP installer

another thing I can try to look into is qr code stuff like with FBI and seeing if I can get titlekeys to add qr codes for the wiiu section. this seems like a stretch though.

so ps4 when? just got one but cant play online because id need to update but guide says not to

Maybe before new years or in 3-6 months. Or a year.

Anyone knows if it's ok to just eject a cart used as homebrew access point once you are in homebrew? Just ejecting the cart won't cause it to corrupt or have any damage in the long term?

I need to insert another cart so I can extract the savefile from that cart, so I have to eject the homebrew access cart.

Great everything is working fine now.

Next question:
I installed legit mh4u via waithax ofw 11.0 and the game says it needs an update, can I update the game? Will it update my firmware too?

>PS4 Piracy

do not use the prompt that pops up when you launch it instead you will have to use httpwn to access the eshop without updating and update the game that way, note that httpwn doesn't work with menuhax because you need to return to the home menu without rebooting and menuhax causes a freeze if you try that when it's installed, you can like i said change theme to uninstall menuhax use browserhax launch httpwn launch eshop and update the game after that you can reinstall menuhax

When does Walmart ship something that they say will be shipped on a certain day: exactly when it strikes 12:00 or is there some specific time in the day? I preordered the Black Friday N3DS from forever ago and it says itll ship on the 16th

I'm about to get the NEW NINTENDO 3DS + MONSTER HUNTER 4 ULTIMATE PACK, the firmware on this is old enough for hacking, right?
I just want to be sure before I spend money on it

psn spoofing fix when

So anyone have any guides or shit about ios hacking?

I have an ipad with 7.1.2 I jailbroke forever ago, but I haven't touched it in years and I don't know that the fuck I'm doing now and googling this shit gets me nothing but clickbait and scam sites.

yes I want to pirate super mario run

How do I set it so that my Vita doesn't go into sleep mode when I try to FTP with it? Is there something else I can do to make sure that FTP goes uninterrupted?

Is it unopened? If so it definitely should be.

super mario run apk when

this belongs in /g/ iirc

Yup its unopened and brand new
Now soon I can see if the literally no excuse was a meme or not

There's a reddit for this but pretty much afaik you're fucked until someone makes a new exploit because you can't manually update to an exploitable firmware.

Havent fiddled with 3DS games in a long time, just had a doublecheck something
When updating something with multiple updates like Smash or Hyrule Warriors, do I need a download for every single previous update or will the most recent patch cover everything?

recent

any reason why prompt would give problems? my freeshop titles can update from them

he's on 11.0 with no cfw if you read above, shouldn't fuck with any of that just to be safe

As soon as you're on the homebrew menu you are safe to remove the cart, done it many times in the past!

Alright thanks!

Check the serial

reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/50ovhy/new_3dsxl2ds_firmware_by_serial_september_2016/

Why are there always a bunch of stupid doom and gloom shitposts in these threads?

Always some shit like "H-hey guys, what if Nintendo does this incredibly unlikely thing and kills piracy for us! Man we'd be so screwed, haha! Radical!"

You'd think someone with homebrew would have something better to do than shitposting a general. Like playing all the free games available on homebrew.

selfishness and unnecessary narcissism

ig. "yeah im a pro hacker because i can read plailects guide! all you normie >latefags are stupid and dumb!"

How do these VC injects on 3DS work? Can I play any GBA game?

pretty much

yes, but use these
3dsiso.com/cia-format-gba-nes-gbc-gb-snes-virtual-console-games/274981-mega-130-gba-games-colors-restored-ghosting-begone.html

I bought a pre-owned 3DS and apparently it already has Homebrew.
How do I find the input to launch once I boot up the console?

Thanks. What about a fan translated game like Magical Vacation?

try holding L on boot, it doesn't have cfw though so it's not hacked it just has homebrew what's the firmware version when you go to system settings

Yeah, I know it's only HB. It's on 11.0.0-33.
And it didn't work holding L at boot.

damn that sucks
also try R or each dpad direction

Does anyone know what the required firmware is for The Last Guardian? Googling only turned up people asking and not getting any answers. I really want to pick it up and play it in the meantime (I'm on 4.05), but I'm terrified of fucking up my one chance at piracy/maybe a halfway decent emulation machine.

Will continure trying different inputs.
But, can it be resetted or can I perform a reinstall of Homebrew on top of the current one?

if you're on n3ds you can use browserhax if not then you'll need one of the game exploits like cubic oot freakyhax etc

Is SNES emulation on o3DS any good? It has a nice button layout like the SNES controller.

Well, tried every button so far but with no luck and I'm on a O3DS.
So I guess a reinstall, is out of the question. What about the QR code, is it possible to access it using that?

snes9x and blarg are ok, won't be playing games like smrpg though
doesn't work in general because the bypass doesn't work on o3ds only n3ds so you'll need to use a game instead, also it could be the previous owner just changed his theme to remove menuhax before selling it

what do i need to do to format an sd card for a 3ds? can anyone recc a program for linux to do it

3DS

>GAMES

WHEN?!?!

HOLY SHIT OUT FOR 12 YEARS AND STILL NO GAMES WORTH PLAYING YET

Get some taste then you fucking pleb. Fucking console warring on Veeky Forums, holy shit are you underage?

>have to get your own usb male to male cable

Nobody told me about this. Fucking Sony jews.

what games does it have on it that isnt a remake, sequal, port or part of an already exsisting franchise
>youkai watch
>
>
>
uhh?

Yeah, well name a single Vita game that I won't arbitrarily decide doesn't count

Checkmate atheists

Isnt a9lh supposed to have 100% work ratio? I just tried launching hourglass9 and it went to a black screen . Then it booted correctly again.....

there are two yokai watch games on 3ds now, dumbass.

Are the title keys that freeshop downloads from 3ds.titlekeys stored anywhere in particular? are they stored seperatly to the official ones?

>-If your on 11.0-11.2
>-ColdBoot HaxChi looking promising

Who's writing these, Gateway?

actually 5 you retard, but 4 are sequels

when i install a title from qr code what does "install ticket titles from CDN" mean?

Wrong, you had to double check something.

You didn't 'had a doublecheck' anything aside from your grammar.

does the n3ds have an extended mode?

Flow teasing as usual
twitter.com/theflow0/status/809719557069950976

Is there no kickass ftp server for Vita that can run on the background while playing games?

Nice

With taihen you can probably have rinCheat running in the background if you add it to
*ALL

I still have my old PSP1000, which seems to work as well as always.
What am I missing out on that 2000/3000/Go owners enjoy?

>exfat
Say whaaaaat?

5 hours men

Half decent emulation

im curious about 3ds, why cant we run ftpd with ntr?

Higher clock speeds I think so everything runs better overall. They're lighter too. That's pretty much it.

The 1000 supports 333MHz clockspeeds though.

It just has a pathetic battery life so it can't maintain it for long.

hourglass9=/a9lh, it's just another payload.

How does one install Retroarch for a hacked 3DS? Run the QR scanner through FBI?

just install the cia of the core you want

Kek, what you get with kiss-asses twitter.com/theflow0/status/809736712486350849

does the vita update blocker still work

rebug.me/official-rebug-4-81-1-cobra-7-31-toolbox-2-02-11-dec-16th-2016/
Rebug 4.81 finally out.
Yes it's real.

About time!

It was worth the wait though.

>3.63 NEVER EVER
>PSN NEVER EVER
>mSD ADAPTER NEVER EVER

Do you need/want said idea to be realised?
If you have the ability to do exactly that, why not just do it then?
Just program stuff for yourself and if others can profit from it, that's great. And if they don't, well, you still got your problem solved regardless.
And if you do start to program on that, make it free software so others (like me) can contribute to this.

>post psp chan as reaction to that post
>flow follows me

????

Why is the vita shit in almost every regard

can i transfer files between two hacked 3dses? transfering saves slow as fuck

Is it possible to decrypt Vita DLC without having the game legitimately on it?
Thing is, I just bought some DLC to dump but the game is a self dumped one and I don't really want to redownload it on my PS3 again, just to delete it shortly after.
If there's no possibility to accomplish that, I guess I will have to redownload.

Does AntiBlacklist get uninstalled when using TEMA?

>Windows
>using any language pack that isn't English
Verfickte Schwuchtel.

I'm trying to use stickerhax but I get "Failed to select the exploit. Error code : 00000002 The title this sploit_installer is running under is not supported."
does anyone know what does it mean? and how do I fix it?

How do you get past the 7 day wait between system transfers? Accidentally transferred without the modified dsiware game.

Fucking faggots!

>buy black friday new 3ds 11.033
>need eshop game to hack it
>need to upgrade to access eshop

Am I fucked?

I also have an old 3ds on 9.3 firmware but no DSIWare games... (unless free demos count)