How tough is it to afford a GTR?

I'm currently a police officer in Canada and I'm making my up to a 100k in earnings per year in my career.

I'm wonder how tough is it to afford a 100k+ vehicle. Just wondering.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Wb55teb1gJ0
gtr.co.uk/forum/343058-100-000-miles.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Depends on your other expenses.

If you live frugally and don't blow through tons of money every month on non-essentials, you can easily afford a 100k car on 100kCDN.

If you live right to within the bleeding edge of your means like most Cuckmericans do, you'll have a very rough run of things.

That's fair to say.

I currently live with my girlfriend and make around 90k per year. We split certain things like rent and groceries.

Would anyone know how much car payments (as I would finance), gas and insurance would be approximately per month?

>rent
Before trying to buy a 100k car, you should be looking at buying a house.

> buying in canada
lol no, youre better off renting right now, canadian market is a shit show

This.

you can make $100k being a police officer???

Rather finance the car right now. The other user is right, the Canadian market is way too high to buy a house right now.

desu that would be an ass-horrible idea. it sounds way way better as a fantasy than it would be irl. 6 months in when youre paying the super high bills and the new car high has worn off you'll kick yourself and be thinking about dropping it in a lake.

please trust and believe this:

if $1000-$1200 in JUST car payment related expenses each month sounds like a lot to you cars like this arnt for you

look north of $1500-$2000 in monthly costs if you own multiple vehicles and be able to drive them whenever

>100k a year
>cant afford a house

Yea you can, just takes about 4-5 years. Plus there is overtime, pay duties and court duties. I have a friend who is a second year police officer and they are making about 100k. But that person does a lot of overtime though.

It also depends on the city and service.

Well I currently own a '15 mustang and I pay around $900 a month for it.

I'm assuming the GTR would cost $1500-1800.

>girlfriend

Are you still going to be able to afford it when you eventually break up? Loosing your girl is going to be bad enough, then you have to loose your car too.

Well I plan on marrying her but not just yet.

I wouldn't let her pay my car payments for me, I believe that's an individual thing.

But he never had his car

Value of homes are high or stupid interest rates?

Obviously both are high but I'd rather take the interest/finance rates for the car.

The Canadian housing market is way too much right now especially with the new laws they passed (having have more than 5% to put down on a house/condo).

idk how you faggots do it, i make $65k per year, financed a $28,000 car at 0% interest and still think my payments are too high

A fucking leaf calling Americans cucks. O I'm laffin

youtu.be/Wb55teb1gJ0

What fucking rate are you on? Are you living in Canada? Fuck sake sorry about your loss.

>the Canadian market is way too high to buy a house right now.
>right now
If you are actually interested in buying a house eventually, then what are you "waiting" for? People said the same shit years ago even through the recession, the housing market isn't going to magically crash down conveniently for you. You'll just end up regretting it later on if you're already paying a shit ton on rent.

If you just don't want the hassle of maintaining a house and being cucked out of doing anything with "your" property, then okay that's a different story.

Did you not read the original post, it says I work in Canada.

Well my girlfriend and I are actually thinking of a condo. We hate houses.

>falling for 0% financing
holy shit dude what?

On top of the payments and insurance, factor in steep cost to maintain it. Oil changes are north of a $1k here in America.

>if you just don't want the hassle of maintaining a house and being cucked out of doing anything with "your" property, then okay that's a different story.

Then you buy a condo and pay condo fees. At least you're not paying your landlords mortgages.

Well it depends on your other payments I guess. Do you live on your own?

When I first started out in the police force I was making about 50k a year and I got a brand new V6 mustang for about 26k.

In due time. We live in a nice apartment right now, it's good. Was just wondering about the GTR in the next 3-5 years.

If you plan on buying a property in the next 3-5, the last thing you want on your credit is a large car payment fucking your DTI.

>not accepting free money

look more towards 1200$ for the car payment and 300-400 a month for full coverage if you intend to daily it otherwise it should be under $200 a month to insure also dont forget increased gas usage and cost of fluids i know the dual clutch trans fuild is expensive as fuck

Buy used. You can get them for 50-60k. 50% of your annual pay isnt bad, espcially when youre paying if for a 60-72month period. Decemt daily cars, but I'd suggest a second car as a daily, so if something does happen work wise, car wise, etc, you dont have a ton of miles depreciating the value, so you can sell it and get out from under the loan.

Get off my board you fucking OPP

Remember that's Canadian dollars. Probably close to minimum wage in freedombux

>then what are you "waiting" for

Demographics. The landslide of real estate coming to market over the next two decades as the baby boomers retire, downsize and die will absolutely put a dent in and probable downward trend on real estate valuations. The millenials aren't large enough or capitalized enough to absorb the inventory coming to market. I don't even think Trudeau's most liberal immigration plan will overcome it. Hence the recent changes to mortgage insurance, qualifying and several national banks exiting the mortgage market (offered to brokers) altogether.

I can see it making a big impact on areas farther away from the city, but not in metropolitan areas where immigration will be most significant. Brampton is practically India now in all the new housing, and there's a ton of families in apartments that would be ready to upgrade to a house. At best, the market would probably just stagnate instead of continually increasing.

It would probably make it more affordable to buy a McMansion as far as Peterborough if one was willing to commute that far to Toronto.

>1.2 mil for a 1 bed 2 bath 1200 sqft meth shack

gtr.co.uk/forum/343058-100-000-miles.html

5 thousand britbucks just for tires? Jesus christo

Altogether that is somewhat reasonable though.

Idk if USA has comparable tire prices, but they're stupid expensive here.

A set of cheap 15" Toyos or Yokohamas go for roughly £200 if you include having them put on.

GT-R has 20 inch wheels also so like £50 more per tire in comparison to your average whatever car.