>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War News
Total War: WARHAMMER - Behind The Wood Elves
youtube.com/watch?v=f8_Z2Bm0CjE

Time Commanders is back and it's pretty good
youtube.com/watch?v=F0tOb_bFj70

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
Recent DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n730FWycrTY
youtube.com/watch?v=jxBKgOyMzSc
youtube.com/watch?v=KP6oWExnoRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=cq17ZVh15UU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for history

> Tomb Kings still not announced

youtube.com/watch?v=n730FWycrTY
Which game is best for fucking the british army?

Day 207
Warhammer is still shit.

>tfw can't give captains demigryphs
And you can't even give toddy a griffon...

>You will never have a perfect waifu like Isabella von Carstein

Why live, lads?

>tfw british
>tfw just stole this pepe
lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=jxBKgOyMzSc

G O B L I N S

Rollan!

MEAN AND GREEN!

Whoa whoa WHOA!
Why the fuck aren't my fort towers in Marienburg firing?
I was already fucked off that they can reach the whole map when I siege the enemy but now that the fucking assholes have like a dozen siege towers, they're not firing at all.

This shit is unplayable

WE are stronger than every faction in the Northern half of the map combined AND they're allied with Angrund

the actual fuck

im spazzing the fuck out

Oh, the problem extended to Marienburg now? Before Wood Elves, Akendorf or whatever it's called also had non-working towers.

>Why the fuck aren't my fort towers in Marienburg firing?
Are there units positioned on the walls where the towers are?
You need to 'capture' them before they can fire

Are they bugged?
Well then forget what I said there then (could've been that you're a beginner and didn't know)

Oh fuck. I was really relying on those.
Shit. 2 crossbowmen aren't going to be able to kill anybody.
Yep, on the wall and on the ground around it inside the city.

>Gobbo Archers

weekend rolli polli

Why must savage orcs be so shit?

Why can't they get walls right? What's so fucking difficult?

>mongol stack heading to constantinople
>if i move my army i'll get triple teamed by heavy cavalry/HAs on the defensive

sieges in general are pretty dogshit

h-here we go
roma invicta

you got walls?

I don't think I would really call them walls.

well keep your men close to the walls, near the gates

you can't out-missile them, even on the walls

the cav's worthless to them unless they can get them in, so don't let the gates open. as soon as they're open the battle is over

What's going on here, when do mongols invade in this game? Or are they always there?
I ask because I know in M2 you can conquer all of the old world before they invade, and if you really wanted you could just focus, you can get the pope to crusade and build a huge free crusader army and get Antioch by turn 10 or so.

Where do I expand to as the Empire after taking the Reikland? I'm not exactly a fan of conquering other humans.

those are pretty much the only regions you can take

GREENSKIN SCUM

PREPARE FOR WE

You can always confederate.

Or you go and liberate Bretonia

Take Marienburg for it's port, and then take the lands of whoever fucks with you. Especially the Vampire Counts.

Isn't the point of "about face" to about fucking face and not do this retarded shit?

Where can I go to see some really high-level, tryhard battles?

>expecting brits to know anything about basic military drill
youtube.com/watch?v=KP6oWExnoRQ

So, is the Wood Elves campaign the easiest now after the hotfix? Your most basic troops become terminators around 40 turns into game (pic related), and you only have to capture easily defensible territory (Bretonnia and nearby mountains) to complete the victory conditions.

Just won a VH/VH campaign in less than 100 turns, and it was my first run as Welves so didn't know what to expect. I'm pretty sure that if you plan out everything correctly you could win the campaign in ~60 turns on legendary. I only had to fight 3 or so battles manually (not counting quest ones), because after you level up your lords the game gives you ridiculous autoresolve strength.
Gotta say though, the final quest battle is fun as fuck.

>Calls himself "Roman"
>Doesn't even control Roma

Look at this greek boy.

Too late for that. The enemies can knock down the shitty palisades without any sort of siege equipment.

There's 3 start dates to choose from in MTW + Viking Invasion expansion.

Every time I push back one unit of heavy cavalry they send in another.

What's the point of being THE von Carstein without Isabella?

It's hopeless but my Varangian guard fight to the last man.

Why is this a thing?

Also, is there any trick to refreshing your available heroes? Wanna try out the grey wizard but I never seem to be able to get one.

Pinned against the wall but they still keep fighting

The absolute madman won't give up.

;_;7
youtube.com/watch?v=cq17ZVh15UU

legendoftotalwar

What's the longest game you've played, /twg/?

Thank you incompetent AI.
I just murdered Vlad with 4 volleys from 3 free company.

define long

More than 100 turns is a long game I guess.

>tfw TW: Age of Mythology NEVER ever

Thank G-d

just play dominions 4 and get a better mythology experience than TW will ever provide

Just installed Europa Barbarorum 2 lads, which faction should I play?

Total war and dominions are different enough that you can play dominions and still want a mythological total war

Wood Elves

who /kingofdarkness!/ here?

Dominions 4 isn't fun in singleplayer that's what me mum told me

Goblins...

◦ the Total War entry you're playing currently
◦ factions you've finished campaigns with
◦ factions you could have finished campaigns with but you didn't FUCKING want to
◦ factions you've not played

Anyone who has played multiplayer will tell you that

Warhammer.

In order of completion: Dwarfs, Crooked Moon, Vampire Counts, Greenskins, Empire

Durthu/Elves (Elves and tree spirits are kinda boring)

Beastmen (don't own it), Clan Angrund (Skarsnik > Beggar Nohammer)

That feelio when a peasant's life was better even in ye olden Sylvania than in Bretonnia at nearly any time

>Put up with your local guardsmen being screeching skeletons or maybe some dead men that stumble around, but at least they're gonna come to your defense at no care for personal risk or reward
>The taxes are a hell of a lot lower, barring your local lord or governor getting the village to go on blood drives or pick out troublemakers to come to a -special- party every now and again
>No elves sperging the fuck out and wild hunting on you while nobles laugh at the idea of helping
>No beastmen coming out of the woods to stomp on you some more afterwards

In order of completion
Vampire Counts, Crooked Moon, NEET elves.

Finished beastmen minicampaign and fiddled with dwarfs a bit. No interest in finishing a campaign with either.

Never touched chaos or empire

Warhammer
Dwarfs, Angrund, Mememen meme campaign, Empire
Vampire counts. Something about them just elicits a strong feeling of eh from me, same with Chaos and their dogshitness.
Factions I haven't seriously played are the Greenskin factions and NEET elves. I should pick one of the two.

>the Total War entry you're playing currently
Warhams

>factions you've finished campaigns with
Empire (VH), Chaos (VH), Greenskins, VC, Beastmen (mini-campaign legendary, GC VH), Dwarfs, Wood Elves mini-campaign.

>factions you could have finished campaigns with but you didn't FUCKING want to
Clan Aggrund, fuck them.
Dwarfs were nearly the same, but I eventually finished it though I fucking hate playing Dwarfs

>factions you've not played
None, played them all

*Clan Angrund, silly me.
Still fuck them though!

nobody fucking cares about or will ever discuss your shitty idea with you, you fucking autist

>the Total War entry you're playing currently
Total War: Warhammer

>factions you've finished campaigns with
All of them.

>factions you could have finished campaigns with but you didn't FUCKING want to
Not sure if this counts, but I briefly installed the Bretonnia Grand Campaign mod, and play it for a few turns. But then I decided that I just wanted to wait for the official version, and that I probably had enough patience for it.

Note that this was before the Old World Edition and delay was announced. Still haven't touched it though.

>factions you've not played

The only ones I haven't touched were the Middenland and Mousillon factions in MP. Just because I don't really play multiplayer in Total War these days.

>Wissenland now based mostly in Stirland
>Stirland now mostly based in Wissenland

Well, at least I can avoid Stirland's defensive alliance with the Empire and take their province now.

You moved much quicker than I did.

I miss this campaign. The whole eastern half is owned by the Seleucids and I had just stared my final war of annihilation against them. But all the mods I had running corrupted the save and it crashes every time I try and load it now. I'll never continue my Operation Barbarossa.

Yeah Macedon's kinda really fucking good. Any pike faction is. Just get 8 pikes, 5 archers and fill the rest with cav and no one can stop you.

Jesus...

I don't even wanna finish this anymore.

>turn 254
>no k8p
>dwarfs probably wiped out greenskims and have all of badlands and mountains
You have MUCKED up

What the FUCK have you been doing for 250 turns? You should have claimed Eight Peaks by turn 50 at the latest.

WHAT!

How the fuck do you get there so soon?

I've been fighting off welfs, humans and 1000 dwarf doomstacks nonstop all at once from that little mountain at the beginning.

I only managed to move out when chaos spawned.

Oh right, elves. Yeah, elves didn't exist when I was fighting my way toward the Eight Peaks. I should see how fast/slow it would take me to get to Eight Peaks again. What difficulty you playing at?

well this should be fun

>Playing chaos campaign for the first time on Vh/h (very hard campaign, hard battles)

I thought people said it was shit. I'm having some fun and its not that bad.

Chaos is a bit boring since their tactics are essentially rush. but the first few battles against the dwarves were pant shitting but they were satisfying to win despite the odds.

King and the Warlord trailer is the best Warhammer trailer.

Ghost dads are the key to all of this

VH.

The dwarfs do have everything down south under their control and chaos are still coming directly for me.

Even the VC offered me a defensive alliance against the dwarfs now.

Good, VH/VH is what I usually play, so I'll start first thing tomorrow.

>1/4 of his army isn't siege

>Eben

I play VH/H

In all other TW's i used to play VH/VH but I just can't seem to get to that VH battle level. That said I've just recently started playing hard after playing normal for so long and I'm enjoying it more.

nevermind

>Belegar is so pathetic, he needed Skarsnik to be away from Eight Peaks before he could ever retake it

This is why Belegar dies in End Times, and Skarsnik is completely forgotten by the writers because they like Grimgor more

how did he die?

What's that character portrait?

Yep.

When he wasn't reskinned, Boris could take a Griffon.

Better they make him a LL and Middenheim a sub-faction.

Killed by Queek Headtaker.

read that as queef headtaker

pretty surprised about that, UK government actually thinking about stricter legislation regarding racism/abuse towards gingers since they tend to go full Isis.

>racism/abuse towards gingers

Remember the time Mannfred killed the Warhammer setting.