Lube caliper pins, is it necessary?

Do I have to Lube caliper guide pins and sliders if I bought them brand new can I get away with it dry?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lU6OKQxSg8U
youtube.com/watch?v=nbdJGCi29nQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Are you retarded?

Nah, also don't bother ever changing the oil or filter on your car ever again - doesn't need it.
...Lube the goddamned guide pins OP.

>"If I bought it new can I get away without lubing something"

Holy

fucking

shit

Hey guys I just bought a new oil filter for my car, can I just drain my old oil and put the new oil filter and get away with it dry?

Someone told me that anti-seize lube eventually dries up, that it's better not to apply any if they are brand new.

I never see anyone use lubricants on DIY brake job videos either.

Buy a tub of axle grease and apply it somewhat to basically any disc brake parts that move or touch something else.

Ford directs that mechanics do not use caliper grease on the caliper slides.

whats that white stuff

Dono just downloaded random pic.

You need to use specific brake lubcricant, and nothing else. They are supposed to be greased.

While you can at a desperation put it in, and hope enough old grease remains, anyone going this far should remove the old grease, and apply new one.

Anti siez only goes on metal surfaces that touch, and may rub. like the corners of the brake pads that touch the shims, or where the caliper presses on the pads. Lugs too, or any other chassis bolt that is exposed to the elements. Anti seize on bolts also changes their torque spec

watch this
youtube.com/watch?v=lU6OKQxSg8U

Shit, well do you think I should use pic related because it's all I got right now, the store is closed now and I need to get to work tomorrow.

Do not mix the lube/grease. They will turn to glue.

What exactly are you changing?

He dosent use Lube in this video youtube.com/watch?v=nbdJGCi29nQ

I bought brand new front brake pads, hardware, rotors and full float guide pins.

>lubing caliper guide pines

Bruh that is totally overkill. I don't know who the fuck taught you that you have to lube those pins but they are a fucking moron. I guess in theory it couldn't hurt but there is literally no reason to do it unless your car has been sitting outside in a winter climate for 10+ years

brand new caliper like that comes pre greased.

Is there anything wrong with your current pins?
How was your brake pad wear? Even? any slants?
Does the caliper slide smoothly, and evenly with the old pins?

I've always used moly grease right on the disk or drum. Works great.

NO! DO not mix the lubricants. It will turn to gunk

One of the full floater guide-pins snapped off from tightening it in with a wrench so I bought a pair of new ones for each front side they weren't even rusty. The previous owner got down to the metal, there was no more pads, the rotors were scratched up so I had to get new ones. The caliper seems to be sliding fine but I haven't really driven it long distance.

Ford wants to sell new calipers

There does not seem to be any other lube on it, I'll just use this stuff then.

Mine does not have a caliper bracket.

dont contaminate it.

scrape the old lube off. just dont mix

No mixing just moly assembly line right on the drums and calipers.

>he's never had pin chatter
I put mine in dry and i I got extreme chatter after two hard days on the touge

OP, just wait for the store to open and get some synthetic brakes will not be kill

I have worked on at least 10 different calipers in my lifetime and it has never even crossed my mind once to lubricate these and I honestly have never even heard of it being done. They should just come lubricated from the factory and they are never even exposed outside of separating the calipers. I don't know why lubrcating these is even a thing. It's like lubricating cables. You literally do it MAYBE once every 15 years after buying it from some degenerate on craigslist who let it sit in a shed for the last decade

or when a boot rips, which is always, and it gets contaminated, and turns to gunk, and the caliper sticks.

I had to once replace my calipers because A, water got into the damn fluid and rusted the piston when it sat, and B, shit got on the slide bolt, and corded it, and the caliper stuck.

fucking rust belt.

me too, the reduced friction definitely helps with mileage and brake wear