/indie/ - Indie and Misc. Games General

Dying edition

>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy,Cookie Clicker, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indies, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/395520/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_3
store.steampowered.com/app/215530/
youtube.com/watch?v=62OhKYZzfB0&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=SRr_32Gru70
youtu.be/xdfWqiCzCbw
adultswim.com/games/web/westerado
remar.se/daniel/pitch.php
pastebin.com/JnGYReQj
karbonicart.tumblr.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for dead on arrival

Second for managing to win three rounds of Russian Roulette in a row without dying.

Third for page eight, what the fuck did I make this thread for?

[shitposts about indies]

>tfw I missed Welp

>162888587
By finished, do you mean finished PLAYING or finished MAKING Oneshot?

Fuck, I don't know how to message archived posts that are still archived on Veeky Forums.

So what's indie playing?

Why on earth would you think it's not just the normal quote syntax?

I think I forgot to add an arrow.

Subnautica

anyone played orwell?
worth the time?

started pathologic classic HD but that shit freaks me out too hard somehow. I think I'll just watch a playthrough and get the remake.

What's Orwell?

man we ded

Game based on OrWelles War of the Worlds

I tried reading that book once but it's so boring from what I remember.

[GAME OF THE THREAD]
Missing Translation

store.steampowered.com/app/395520/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_3

I'm coming back, I'm working on the first sprite haha

What kinda spirte?

A nude and embarrassed monoko from Yume Nikki

Didn't you say you worked on Oneshot or were you just playing it before hand?

Oh I was just playing it haha, I haven't worked on any games unfortunately

Is it much different than the free game?

I didn't play the original, I kinda forgot about it till I saw the steam version was coming out, but apparently closing the game doesn't end it forever but will have some negative consequences to the story or something
I was a good boy and had Niko sleep in beds tho so I'm not 100% sure, do plan to go back through it tho

That's a big suitcase.

Sleeping over half the day because this lack of sun is killing me.
Oh also van hellsing and Guilty gear revelator

Getting slowly better.

What's Van Hellsing? they made a game about that series?

store.steampowered.com/app/215530/
Diablolike.

Bump

>/indie/ is THIS dead
Did our residents switch to ff15 or something?

It's the middle of school/work day is why. Generally the best time to make the threads is like if I had to guess 2 or so pm.

Also the middle of exam week for many colleges,
so many people are probably getting home and just going to sleep.

youtube.com/watch?v=62OhKYZzfB0&feature=youtu.be
:)

Well that's one way to get a halloween costume.

Thank god honestly, I finally can work on my art again.

I'm using this break to do a whole bunch of updates.

youtube.com/watch?v=SRr_32Gru70
Changed up the M&J building quite a bit, I think it has a lot more personality now.

Who drew these comics by the way.

I don't really remember,
they made a bunch.
There's a chance they were made by randoration though.

Guess I'll post the other ones I have

I remember seeing this one on /v/.

Another portrait wip for yet another villain

Who's the qt patooti.

She's reminding me of this in the first panel.

Salty alien scientist responsible for building robots used in their army.
You see her in the cutscene before the demo ends.

Time for a rest

>tfw that was a ref image I used when I designed milly

What game?

youtu.be/xdfWqiCzCbw

So what ever happened to Stardew Valley? Last time I played it and heard any news, the dev was going to rework marriages and stuff, and I know that there were people in /sdvg/ who wanted to make /h/ related stuff for it outside of nude sprite portraits.

I think it got ported to consoles.

So basically fuckall then? It really was just FotM stuff that got abandoned?

bump

So anyone making a game?

Something about heart isease.

All but that. It got way more updates than the dev ever had to do. All the new content could have easiyl served for a sequel.

Is there a way to change camera angles in Under-Rail? the default one is a wee bit shite at showing me everything i need to see.

Tried mousescroll?

We need more meme games.

oh, thank you.
Fuck man, LISA was so great, made me laugh, made me cry, got really weird in the funny way, and then really weird in the dark and strange way. Tore a hole through me.
I did my first run with no arms, all allies, no deaths. The ending hit me like a fucking truck.

That actually worked? If yes then you need to level up your basic vidya skills.

I was saying thanks in advance, I went to try it and it didn't do anything, i'll try to figure out how to rotate the camera later.

Hold tab to highlight interactive things.

Hey Karbonic do you have an art blog?

Anyone here westerado fans?

What all is new? Did he rework marriages? Can you finally save Caroline from Pierre's shitty grasp?

Is that a drink?

Is that a western movie for the mentally-handicapped?

Shhhh! This is a house of the Lord!

adultswim.com/games/web/westerado

Westerado is a game that has great replay value. It's made so that when you're looking for your family's killer the killer is lways different and you're given the rights to find out any way that you wish. You can kill any character and choose what people you ally with and which ones your become enemies with in order to find the unknown killer of your family. You can be a bringer of justice, a monster who murders all in his way, a man only looking out for himself who makes allies only when convinient, and so much more. Along with this there's a nifty feature you can do where during ANY confversation at any point you're able to put someone at gunpoint and choose to put it back or shoot. You can use this to do things such as intimidate, cause people to repect your balls, become eneimes with you, rob the bank and cause the town to try and kill you, or just kill someone mid conversation. Your revenge story is completely up to you to decide. It's a great game and has a special edition verison on steam for I think 10 bucks, with this version being a free browser game. It's a definately worth a try. Also don't shoot anyone in town, even pulling your gun out causes everyone else to do so, so you'll have a hell of a time if you're not good at the combat.

Heads up there's I think a glitch that's a bit annoying at the beginning of the game. If you wake up after talking to your uncle and talk to the horse before him you can't exit the travel map for some reason, that or I'm jsut stupid. Also fun fact, you can kill your uncle.

>Vendor
>A bandit who got stuck in one of the vending machines. Joins the mutants after they cut him some arm holes
>Active:
>Vend: Turns on the vending machine, dispensing one random weapon.
>Unfortunately for the bandit, the gears of the machine tear him up pretty badly when he does this, so he loses half his current health.
>(Guns dispensed this way will be of a rarity one level lower than your current level. Like a reverse version of Robot’s passive)
>Passive:
>Armored:Takes 1 less damage from all sources (Minimum 1 damage)
>Throne Butt
>Premium Stock: Guns dispensed from the vending machine will now be one level HIGHER than your current level (like Robot's passive)
>Ultras
>A: Anti-theft Measures: Reinforces the vending machine’s plating, reducing all incoming damage by 3 (Minimum 1 damage)
>B: Jackpot: Vending machine now has a chance to drop a big weapon chest when used.

/ntg/ vagabonds, please give me the following sprites for this character and I will make it happen

>spr_idle
>spr_walk
>spr_hurt (3 frames)
>spr_dead (Basically three or more additional frames added to spr_hurt)
>spr_chrg -- Charge sprite, for when you use his active
>spr_fire -- Firing sprite, a continuation of spr_charge for spitting the weapon out

I have taken a liking to this character, and while I could make the sprites myself, my time is short -- produce these sprites for me, and I will give you your vendy bandit.

Pic tangentially related, I've been working on building Hyper Princess Pitch for Christmas.

While I'm on the tangent

> Hyper Princess Pitch
> HP: 8
> Starting Wep: Brick Cannon

> Passive
> - Pickups drop randomly from enemies, which can be used to modify your weapon (Power/Speed/Triple/Hyper/Hyper(X/Y/Z))
> - Can only use Brick Cannon
> --(Brick/Ice/Rainbow/G.Brick/Tempest/Cyclone/Deluge, the latter four being temporary powerups)
> - Can suplex enemies (Press WASD, or RMB when Hyper)

Active
> - Swap weapons

It's basically an attempt to do a 1:1 conversion for Pitch from Hyper Princess Pitch. Speaking of,

remar.se/daniel/pitch.php

Christmas is coming up. Go play it.

we ded

Thank you for your service.

I posted a game of the thread, surprised no one played it.

people are still working on mods. I've seen some good progress on their apis, but not a terribly large amount of direct content.

everybody's either waiting for Farmhand API or just gone.

pastebin.com/JnGYReQj

If any of you are interested, I'm also working on building the Crow Man for NTT as we speak. Vendor comes when I get the sprites for him.

Currently making text boxes. Don't know how to switch line height

I've hit a snag with the crow man. Otherwise, it's functional.

karbonicart.tumblr.com
Here you go.
It's mainly my pixel art.

what's your game?

TopDown

What are you writing it in?

Anyone played haydee?
Is it worth the price?

from what I've heard no unless you really want some of that robo ass and jiggle physics. If I remember corectly the prototype demo controls about the same so play that if you wanna get a good idea on the game.

What is the best anime character art mod for stardew?

I'm on my first playhrough and can't stand these uggo women any more.

Godot Engine

Stay alive, /indie/!

It's dead.

Just as I start playing Underrail, the general is dead...

Reading pic related and it's amazing how many your/you're errors there are.

I'm also not sure if I should go for the "oddity" XP system.

I think you should go oddity, just for a change of pace from normal XP gaining systems. Plus, it encourages exploration, since they're spread out in both cities, dungeons, and among routes and with various enemies.

Decided to be a sniper.

I don't get it.
I didn't do anything to any camera.

Maybe your EMP also hit a camera when you disabled the bots?

>it'll be out next year

>NITW
National Institute of Technology, Warangal?

Next year 2017
Or
Next year 2018?