/aag/ Archeage General

Archeage is a F2P2W MMORPG with sandbox elements. Your sub can be paid for with in-game gold. Archeage features Open world PvP, naval combat, piracy, player housing, castle building and sieges, massive world bosses korean rng-based crafting and massive queues!

>3.0 Changes!
>2 new races - Dwarves and Warborn!
>3 new zones
>2 Housing zones
>Community centers
>A new world boss
>Abyssal Skills
>Fresh Start Server -- No major P2W Cash Shop items and is closed to "Legacy" accounts.

>Official 4chin guilds
>NA
Not Baka

>EU
DokiDoki

>Archeage 3.0 Returning Players Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1UGu92JgporZ0Y3KdhwCRBRoyFV_tul9mfGrIKQ2kbu4/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zglo2i8wlz8
youtube.com/watch?v=WQin0OgRqxA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

don't forget your daily disconnect

You mean hourly?

Dead game

These waiting times are giving me Blade and Soul flashbacks

>Dead game

I wish it was actually dead. Or just slightly dead so I could get in Reckoning for once. These wait times are ridiculous.

JURYNAUT GIVE JUSTICE FOR ALL

I'm struggling since 15mins, might as well ask you guys's opinions..
>Which one?!
I've seen a lot of people with 3 but I wouldn't mind.

I like 5.

Anyone else getting disconnected literally every time in queue? I thought the game has been out for 6 days. Why haven't they fixed this? Or is it just me?

>Why haven't they fixed this?
They don't have the slightest idea what they're doing and are waiting for more people to quit so that the servers aren't as overloaded.

It has been 6 days... 6 F C K I N G DAYS
Trion, what the hell? I don't mind waiting in a queue. I honestly don't. I'm a patient person. But really? You still haven't fixed the queue and server crash? I wait HOURS... god damn HOURS in queue and near the very end, nearly EVERY GOD DAMN TIME I get "The Gods have disconnected you". Why? Why are you so god damn incompetent? Why are you like this, trion? Can you sell the game to square enix or some ? Useless ing s I hope you all die. I hope that tranny ING DIES.

>woke up at 10am and immediately queued up for archeage
>300 people queue
>think to myself "neat, i'll finally get to play tonight!"
>9 hours later, queue is at 116

i can't believe this is a real game; operated, developed and managed by real, actual thinking human beings.

Truly, this is a real tragedy for this country.

>c@ttes

>almost a week later """"Fresh"""" start is still unplayable for 90% of the playerbase
>meanwhile the people who got lucky and have no problems are already 50+ and on Auroria with full autism gear and getting further and further ahead
>Literally worse than the launch headstart fiasco where all the land was taken up by 150$ pack goys on day 1, instead it is a 6 DAY HEADSTART

I've spent all day every day getting DC'd from queues and maybe get to play for 20 mins a day this is a fucking joke

No difference between FS and legacy at this point why bother

Worst launch of anything in mmo history

Even Legacy servers have their problems. Disconnections for days. Glad I didn't have any serious delusions of trying some competitive start on FS, so now I can simply ignore that completely.

I paid a lot of money for my first account.
Why can't I use it for the new server?

pay up goy

enjoy disconnect

I usually hate grinding or repetitiveness in games but something about this one is calming. I just put on legends of tomorrow and kill mobs in between cigarette breaks

trion hq

I quit when my whole guild would spend weeks farming mobs to get 150 stones to get some weapon you needed to upgrade three times and the only fun to be had was if the enemy wanted those stones too

>log in
>1000th in queue
>wait 5 hours
>finally get in
>click character
>grey screen
>restart
>1000th in queue

No problems on EU, logged in on the Fresh server at 4pm (wasn't any queues) and I'm playing since almost 4hours straight with no d/c.
I guess it's only NA.

Enjoy your empty dead ass server.

>queue starts going fast
>nearing number 1
>gods have disconnected you

> 1 h

I'm 1000+ queued on EU atm there's only one fresh server so it's packed af, it's everything but dead

you just got lucky or accidentally abused some glitch

You guys are lucky, I didn't create a character yet.

Maybe, I used to be stuck in queues the whole week I thought they changed something.
Guess I'm not disconnecting until monday!

How is the game since the patch dropped?

literally unplayable

+1
Wait a week or so and then ask.

THE GODS....
.....HAVE DISCONNECTED YOU

...and tripled your queue! enjoy!

bump

>Hearing about this cool new eastern MMO being published by a reputable company

>Poring over all the classes, trying to pick which combination of skills you wanted

>Making skill builds before the game even launched. Getting hype with your friends

>Building your first trade cart, chilling out as a fantasy trucker

>Getting your first house, decorating the fuck out of it

>Messing about with harpoon clippers

>Ruining those assholes that tried to gank you.

How does it feel to know that Trion ruined all of this game's potential?

It really is a shame. The fact that we're all willing to sit in queue for god knows how long and put up with all this shit goes to show how good of a game Archeage is and how much potential is has but Trion has to fuck it all up.

alpha showed how perfect this game could be

What's the source on the Queue music? I kinda like it

youtube.com/watch?v=zglo2i8wlz8

Plate or leather on abolisher?

plate
leatherfags are retarded

anyone using a vpn? not sure which 1 to use

PIA

That costs money reeeeeeeee does it have a trial? I dont see one

>free vpns

please no bully i spent all my money on patron

>he didn't scam to get his apex

>my shekels
62k now

I've been a nicefag all my life, teach me how to scam people out of their shekels.

Dwarf or . . .

Blue demon girl thing. Whatever they're called.

Dwarf but don't make it ugly as fuck like it's from the ring or some shit.

Thanks for the input user.

I assume that some of you have played a fuck ton of regular archeage and can give some insight.

What exactly killed the game and why are people flocking to fresh start servers?

I've mostly played MMOs for the PVE (raiding) scene but have tried PVP here and there. Is the game more focused around PVP?

If you dont wanna spoonfeed, where can I read more about the game that will answer my questions?

Go to the archives, search "fuck trion" you should see results from about august to december 2014

No trix, no traps :^)

Won't even let me play on the Fresh Start servers. Apparently I made an account, and tried their game for like, a week, in its old incarnation, and that means I'm not allowed to play on a Fresh start unless I make a whole new account. Who thought up such a dumb ass system?

>stop old wealth/labor pools/etc from being used on new servers
>tells you this at the login, on the site, etc
>people still act like this is somehow unreasonable/unexpected/anything of note
Why are you so fucking stupid holy shit consider finding a brick and dashing your head open with it you pedantic little fuck

Is Scrapes still around?

youtube.com/watch?v=WQin0OgRqxA

This is entirely in my experience, but the game was pretty good for a couple months after launch. There were a couple problems of course, but personally I could ignore most of them. It started going downhill when there were gameplay items on the cash shop rather than just cosmetics, but it only got really really bad when trion started putting crates on the cash shop that had a random chance of giving rare crafting materials, and then people figured out how to exploit them and remove the randomness, basically picking which item they'd get. Then they added a box that basically could get you a thunderstruck tree, and soon the price on the market for thunderstruck logs tanked, everybody got and their mother could afford a farm cart, shit was fucked. Then everybody just kind of stopped playing.

It's a fresh start server you nit wit. Of course you can't use old wealth pools. But instead they disallow old accounts from logging onto new servers instead of just blocking off their wealth like any other MMO releasing new servers would do.

bots
bugs
p2w

Same thing will happen to new servers. People who forget history will repeat it

So I've never played this game before, if I plan to spend zero money on it how is it compared to say Black Desert?

Need some advice. I've already put down a thatched, 8x8, and a 16x16 cottage. I just got my large scarecrow, there's a spot for it connected to my other stuff. Is it going to be worth it, considering the tax cost, to have all that land placed? I'm tempted to go with just the thatched and a 16x16 scarecrow or just the thatched and a cottage so I'll save on taxes by only having 2 properties.

i give this game 2 months before the whales BTFO casual players and they all leave.

>implying it will even take that long

You can't have more than 2 unfinished buildings out at a time so I would pull the cottage and lay down the 16x16.

I just want people to play with! I can't login in the fresh servers and the legacy servers i used to play Morpheus and Nazar are empty.
km

Can someone help me? Do soulsongs roll cloth or leather armor?

I'd say leather for leveling.

>Using leather
>Ever
Hello reddo

>arrive at halcyona to level after finishing cinderstone
>pick up a couple quests at the hub
>gee there sure are a lot of reds here
>step outside the town border to start a quest
>so far so good
>suddenly the haranyan death squad is upon me
>vaporized in 3 seconds
>been stuck in this town for 20 minutes now

this is truly hell. also the west needs to get their shit together. we get picked off while the east is a fucking wave of death roaming outside the towns.

post legacy screenshots. preferably alpha/beta and release. I miss those days.

>only time I can get in without huge queues is 4:00 am

>20 in queue
>Above 1 hour wait

cant you get banned for that?

back in beta they were banning people. did they back off or just not care anymore?

It blatantly stats that scamming is okay, I think the only gray area is if you are scamming out of game assets like codes.

>tfw have my home and farm there

Remember to treat your little sister by giving her warm clothes to wear in the winter!

Ayy lmao.

Criminals, beware!

>people play this PoS again
Gonna be great seeing the QQ when the inevitable happens and Trion/XL fucks their players again for yet another quick cash grab.

Great post user, fresh and new, you fit in !

>when you're chilling with your Jew-bot

Post sexy dwarf girls.

sexy dwarf girls.

>they fell for the archeage meme
>again

just stop

Damn I see the error of my ways, uninstalling immediately, I was obviously having fake fun this whole time.

Are there any viable 2handed weapon builds?
I want my dwarf to carry huge weapons.

So the "6 characters across all servers" thing is bullshit, right? I had two characters and tried making a third (yes, on a different server) and it wouldn't let me. So then I had to wait 24 fucking hours for one character to delete.

It's up to 6. You get 2 slots off the bat then can get 4 additional ones. Poor translation.