/nosg/ - Nostalrius general

Mention Reddit and everyone looses their shit edition

>What's happening?
Everyone is waiting for nost2.0 which will be hosted by Valkyrie and run by the original Nost team. We're currently waiting on server release.

>When is the release?
December 17th, (18:00 GMT+1/12PM EST) for the OLD server. 3-4 weeks after the NEW server will be released which we will be playing on.

>OLD NOST PvP and PvE(Name: Nostalrius PvP/Nostalrius PvP)
These will have all your old level 60 chars for nostalgia's sake. Will be released on Dec 17. (No one will roll here)

>NEW NOST PvP (Name: Elysium PvP)
Brand new server, will be released 3-4 weeks after old nost. (We will be rolling here.)

>What faction are we rolling?

Horde discord: discord.gg/WPF7uMP

Alliance discord: discord.gg/TvDzTmX

----------------------------------------

>Server homepage
elysium-project.org/
>Vanilla WoW database
db.vanillagaming.org
>Leveling Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit
>Nos Pre-Bis
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j81TgG0p_HrYKajiUiQfYIoSUx1culzy2u_Fc4wtiS8/edit#gid=329725463
>Leveling Specs
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0
>Big Addon Pack
wow-one.com/forum/topic/3573-vanilla-112-addons-download/

tags: wpsg vag wowg world of warcraft

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11589399/r
webm.land/w/LjUw/
wow-one.com/forum/topic/7106-awesome-mage-macros/
github.com/shirsig/cooldowns
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what are some things that unironically need to be changed about vanilla?

I know it's an epic meme to say "vanilla would be so much better with dungeon finder"

but what are some serious shit that needed changing that would affect the game is a large way

>hunters idle showing bows instead of melee weapon

first for troll master race

Who /RecentlyUnsubbedtoRetail/ here?

What server are we rolling?

Check out this strawpoll

strawpoll.me/11589399/r

webm.land/w/LjUw/

undead cucks please kys

wouldn't affect the game in a large way i mean**

this drives me fucking insane and i wouldn't mind should this actually be changed

Will we get +25 agi with old nost returning?

Or will we remain cucked?

>Tank status: BTFO

who aesthetics > everything else here?

TROLLS ARE LITERALLY UNEVOLVED ELVES
WHEN DID YOU BECOME A RACIAL REALIST?
GAS ALL TROLLS

Hunter ammo needs to be reworked imo. Instead of shooting requiring ammo it just adds some kind of passive effect to your shots. Also, the ammo isn't consumed when you shoot. You equip ammo kind of like a paladin equips a relic.

Why is Elysium changing Nostalrius??? We want to play Nostalrius not Elysium

Same, why I refuse to play trolls

B L I Z Z L I K E

5 S U N D E R S

You mean elves are just impure trolls?

trenbolone

disagree

going engineering to craft your own ammo and needing to restock it is a fun part of the game and doesn't require much effort

not in the same tier as literally not being able to see your bow while not shooting it and holding your massive retarded sword instead

its more blizzlike fuck off
go play retail if you want the game to be less tedious. changing retarded shit like hunter sheating is different

get out troll apologist shill

>Players can no longer reach Onyxia with melee auto-attacks in Phase 2.
>The Rhok’delar epic quest chain has received a major rewrite.

????????????

>Alliance
"I play Alliance because Horde looks ugly and I don't want to look ugly. I can't level Horde because the starting zone aren't pretty and Orcs looks stupid. Having Fear Ward and Paladin buffs totally doesn't makes raiding easy mode.I chose Alliance because the music is better in some areas. I play Alliance because of the lore. Female Humans, Gnomes with Pink hair, Night Elfs, Muh Holy Light and Righteous Justice"

Alliance attract all the Normies, Baby first MMO'ers, Waifu fags and roleplaying paladins. The entire faction is played by superficial people.

Prove me wrong. You can't

That QT NE on the far right doe

I play Alliance because I'm playing a Paladin.

You can kill players of the same faction. Someone can loot some if not all of your gear when you die.

Carebears can fuck off.

>SoC fixed for Paladins
Into the trash leveling a Paladin goes

Old servers are fucking dead the moment of the new servers are released.

RIP, have fun raidlogging

WoW should have had leagues like PoE.

The game should have been designed around the entire PoE league system actually. Occasionally there would be leagues that enable what you describe, or a permanent league for it, like that ironman challenge shit.

>Fixed a bug that was causing the chance for Fear to break on damage to be lower than intended.

>fear buffed

AAAAAAAAA

Night elves and their zones are pretty fucking immersive. Dwarves are cool too. Other two races are for faggots though.

cease this meme

Gnome Mage or Gnome Warlock for my first vanilla character?

I'm leaning warlock because apparently they get a tanking pet and a free mount so I feel like it would be much less painful to level than a mage

b8

undead rogues report in

>Warlocks will defend this

OF COURSE LIKE YOU AREN'T ALREADY OP ENOUGH

play a mage if you're new

warlock is a pretty technical class and if this is your first time playing vanilla you're best off with mage

being able to fucking teleport to cities makes up for that free mount bullshit

and the fact that you're one of the fastest levelers and gold farming classes in the game, get free food, and are incredibly powerful in raids, dungeons, and PvP

*teleports behind you*
WASH YER BACK
*drunkenly stumbles away*

Dorf rogue here

gnome mage man, warlocks will suck, ill try fear on my old warlock from nostalrius and repost my findings here. you would also have to take into account that the largest of horde population has will of the forsaken racial which allows them to break fear effects and seduce !!! so be careful when making this choice.

>dot 1
>dot 2
>dot 3
>spam shadow bolt

Pretty technical yes.

>Warlock is high skill play Mage instead

trying to hard my mom

maybe someone will bite on reddit

Warlock's threat problems in PvE can be a nightmare for new players. You should give mage a try.

i'm not ur mum m8

Do I need to downrank as a mage? I don't want my bars to be full of bullshit like priests.

>We're currently waiting on server release
Wasn't it supposed to be up by now? I knew that the fucking patreon was a mistake

H O R D E
O
R
D
E

WW@
W
@

relative to a mage? yes, it's technical you illiterate retard

>Veeky Forums teenagers will never understand the basic concept of relativity

>fastest levelers and gold farming classes

How do I do both of these, exactly? I got the impression that mage leveling was slow due to having to stop to drink/eat every couple of mobs, and I have no idea why/how mages make good gold farmers. Tell me your secrets user.

Warlock probably for the void tanking and welfare horse. Mage is still a pretty easy class to level though

What kind of post is this?

should i play orc mage or orc hunter?

You want to have r1 fireball to put nice dot on rogues and r1 frostbolt to slow down enemies. also r1 arcane nova and r1 blizzard to check for rogues
read this to make it easier
wow-one.com/forum/topic/7106-awesome-mage-macros/

Mage obviously. Mage can aoe grind anything for leveling and money, gets free money just for existing in cities, and isn't shit in pvp.

Not an argument. Warlocks are not technical.

Holy Priest is technical because of downranking. Watching KTM is not difficult on the other hand.

For me it is mainly UI stuff, like not being able to see debuff timers, cast bars and health numbers. Also maybe some item stacking should be bumped to TBC levels, like ore.

Wrong thread faggot

Yes if you don't want to suck at PvP having rank 1 Frostbolt/Blizzard/Fireball is a must

Just use this macro here

/run local x = IsShiftKeyDown(); if x == nil then CastSpellByName("INSERT SPELL NAME(Rank 1)") else CastSpellByName("INSERT SPELL NAME(Rank 5)"); end;

>Don't want to use shift?
Replace isShiftKeyDown(); with isAltKeyDown(); or isCtrlKeyDown();

aoe grinding is incredibly powerful on them at end-game because of arctic reach, blizzard, frost nova, and being able to rest some abilities cool downs with some other ability I forgot the name of

they are not by any means slow levelers, locks are probably faster but if you're new it's not going to make a difference

Girl tauren are cool. I'm gonna make a hunter!

This means fear is nerfed retard.

r1 frost nova, which you never don't downrank

r1 blizzard for rogues/when you only want the slow

r1 frostbolt/fireball to get a quick slow/dot on someone

r1 cone of cold for when you need an immediate slow (eg a group of whelps is running towards a healer but you don't want them to turn and hit you instead)

r1 arcane explosion to destealth rogues

lower ranks of conjure for when you help out lowbies :3

>/nosg/ - Nostalrius general
No faggot seems like I'm in the right place.

t. Noob who's never raided Naxx as Warlock

Nost source code will be out by summer so you will be able to play on an literally exact copy of Nost if you wish.

>make clarification
>ignore it and add a tally to your internet """"arguments"""" won board

nice one retard, stop responding to me

>you will never milk a tauren lass

POST UI
O
S
T

U
I

The red border around the screen is a combat indicator, it flashes slowly when i'm in combat.

ODDS ORC, EVENS HUNTER

Nice I'll check it out.

I'd rather add more keybinds than use macros desu.

Thanks.

What addon is it that show enemy cooldowns like this?

Well faggot, explain why you think orcs can be mages then.

Using ad hominems against anonymous people over the Internet is a clear sign you've lost the argument.

Warlocks are not technical, end of discussion.

>add a tally to your internet """"arguments"""" won board

Not if I get the last word in, retard.

mine is pretty basic but i think it serves me well

It allows you to have the max rank and lowest rank on the same button all you have to do is press a modifier key to switch between. I highly recommend useing it.

Warlocks are simply mages who cut corners.

So, even though the old servers are coming out for oldfags, any noobs that want to start rolling new characters will have to wait until AFTER the holidays are over?

Fuck

I don't know what you are getting at faggot, maybe you should try explaining why in your headcannon they can't.

new vanilla guy here.

what are the alternatives to getting racial mounts at 40? what other mounts can I buy/obtain in some way?

if I'm going to be blowing all them g's on something I at least want to get something special instead of a generic horse or whatever

Chinese players actually have UIs like this

I have the link for that addon saved on my desktop, but I'm not on it right now.

a classic

>fresh pvp is going to be dominated by a ragtag group of pvpers from k2

really makes you think

They can't?

Uh tomorrow what time server opens in the uk?

I already have keybinds and shift/ctrl modifiers for everything near wasd. I meant I'd rather have the different ranks on my bars so I know what's there or not, if that makes sense...

still, I always played melee so this will be hard to adapt to.

Hunter

25% stun resist is too good and can really ruin a rogues day. Also helps vs warriors and bash druids.

github.com/shirsig/cooldowns

here you go senpai

Around prayer time. Praise Allah

6PM GMT I think

thanks senpai

I'm not muslim, besides, they have 3 prayers days.

Do you know what time the server opens tomorrow in the uk or not?

Dwd are shit desu

>crabu
nice one

staysafeTV has guides for exactly that

look him up on youtube

fucking catalonia

>will have to wait until AFTER the holidays are over?

That goes for everybody since they're not releasing AQ and everyone has had BWL on farm for a year now.

shit pic but it's all i have on hand

wait is this actually the case though? if so its bullshit, right now would be the time when I could play it a shitton before I'm busy as hell again

literally the best players to ever play the game