Grand Tour Episode 4

Has anyone watched it yet? Is it shit?

If you haven't seen the show at all yet and are wondering if you should bother, the current consensus on The Grand Tour is:

>Episode 1, passably decent
>Episode 2, unwatchable fucking shit
>Episode 3, shit but not offensively shit
>Episode 4, ?????

it's extracting, watching is soon.

It's an improvement. They definitely do better in Britain instead of flying around.

downloading this shit on public torrents is shit.

Anyone got a link to mega? preferably 1080p

Literally buy amazon prime cheapskate

I enjoyed this one.

rarbg you cunt

its only at 500-600kb/s

better than nuffin

seeding

finished it
it's alright
nothing special
except for samsung product placement

Better than most of their last seasons of Top Gear. Porsche Review was fanstastic. Converstaion Steet was better. The eco car thing... at least it was entertaining because their cars were ridiculous. Still the scripting fucking hurts, it's only missing laughtracks at this point. Nowhere near old Top Gear where they made everyday situations entertaining by just being funny blokes.

>Converstaion Steet
wat

This episode was good. Still think they should drop that stupid "Celebrity Brain Crash" because it is a waste of time. Better do another Car review. Also just hire a proper racing driver for the fast rounds, that is not an forced opposite meme driver of the stig.

true, true

Pretty much, should have just let Clarkson do his alfa romeo rant instead.

In addition, make some "News" content in the Conversation street. I mean the BBC can't have a exclusive right on discussing new cars and stuff.

Found the communist

3 was also shit

It was so fucking boring and forced

I mean none of those "jokes" are even remotely funny, it's so terribly staged and poorly written and OBVIOUSLY staged, that's the worst part

How can anyone consider this quality entertainment

4 was the best yet. I agree with your analysis OP.

I'm really hoping for season 2 they'll realize that what people want is OG top gear, not top gear from the last few seasons.

Too much scripted, too much trying to be funny. Let shit flow naturally, watching these 3 dickheads chat to each other on youtube is entertaining, we don't need a bunch of poorly written jokes when they have natural chemistry

I really don't like the new character they made for Captain Slow. He used to be the sensible one, now they made him full on retard for some reason.

>want is OG top gear
Problem is that would set the lawyers on them.

just watch james may's solo shows to get the bad taste out of your mouth

>sarcasm
do you even know what that is?

just watching the 3rd EP, the show on the whole is ok, not TOP GEAR good (when they were doing it) I do enjoy watching the three of them together, So much bullshit in it now, that fat yank test driver is not funny

I feel like they havent figured the formula out yet. Im giving them time to get back in the groove.

Hope they do challenge and roadtrip episodes

The studio parts were always scripted shit even in the old days. When they're out and doing their challenges, that's when they're being natural idiots with each other.

The only funny thing in the episode is when the ball of wool rolled from the hill.

what is this about may quitting

Literally the same script tho.

Episode 4 is easily the best. the BMW vs Porsche review was great, the eco challenge thing was fun.

I do wonder how long they can keep the celebrity death thing going. surely they cant keep getting celebs only for them to show up for like 2 minutes and then ""die""

Im happy they brought challenges back, that makes the roadtrips much better.

The GT is still a little artificial IMO though. Too much banter that seems like it was written 3 months ago in some studio. I realize TG was always scripted, but the dialogue seemed more natural and spontaneous.

Right, just finished episode 4.

It was the first one I actually quite enjoyed. The conversation was good even if it was a bit overly scripted in parts, the review was great, the challenge was stupid (but quite fun) and even the worse bits like the American and the celebrity part weren't bad this time round.

If all episodes from now on are as good as this one or better, we'll be in for a decent overall series.

they just need to find the rythm again

Absolutely. I hope that this latest episode is a sign that they've started to find it. Episode 3 wasn't bad either.

I liked it. It actually made me laugh at times.

This. If they're struggling, as one of the four said that they were having trouble bringing the show down to a few minutes over the hour (can't remember which interview. Might have been Wilman) to make the show around an hour, then the simple solution is to kill that segment off. I would have liked to hear what Clarkson had to say about Alfa Romeo.

Well I certainly liked this episode the most so far. The eco car adventure was very good from the non-scripted fun they had, except couple escapades with May. The car review I didn't care for, but then I never did. The hiding of Hammond in a car was funny purely out of the unconventionality of the idea. And conversation street was a normal fun exchange of talk. One thing that really pissed me off was another iteration of stupid dead celebrity gag, because this time if was Carr, that guy always had fantastic appearances on the show and trading his presence for a shitty joke that stopped being funny during the first episode was plain insulting.

Funny how carefully written script full of thought out humor falls flat in front of two old men laughing at the woolly ball rolling down the hill.

I imagine quite soon celebrities will simply stop accepting appearance on their show. Old SIARPCs based themselves on a commercial potential to promote celebrity's work, so even in someone like Will Smith didn't want to go and fool around on a British show his producer would tell him to shut up and do the show. In fact I'm pretty sure Tom Cruise and Jay Leno were the only big American stars that actually wanted to appear on TG by themselves. With celebrities being invited to make a small cameo and supposedly die there's no publicity and only takes time out of their schedule.

Its still funniest when its not obviously scripted. The moment where May's ball of string rolls down the ditch back underneath his mud car was one of the delightful moments that just oozed in prime TG.

The South Africa episode is looking just like an abysmal misstep. Hopefully leaving England again wont ruin it.

this.

When the fuck are they going to do a special?

That not-Stig is so forced, practically unwatchable. Honestly it is the worst part of the show. The Stig is such a great concept, say nothing and be involved in gags like riding trains and dumb music on the radio, shame they couldn't carry it over

You would think that the premise of setting a tent in a different country would have made it a TG Special: the series, but nope.

i have a feeling the boys are getting too old especially james may

The show feels too staged. I liked the first episode the most because they were just racing each other and in a way, reviewing the cars which is where the show really shines.

globetrotting like they do fucks your shit up fast. they should shelve the concept and just do it from a shed in sheffield and channel the fuck out of ljk setright

or they could give creative control to james may and we can finally have another series of james & oz

>james & oz
yeah nah
yeah their shtick has become boring

>he didn't like james & oz drink to britain
quite shit taste you have there m8

Back to the watching chris harris.

>yeah nah
Get out.

I'm just hoping that they're just being deliberately different from old new top gear to avoid getting sued into oblivion, and that they'll slowly work the old stuff back in. We already know Ben Collins shows up in a future episode,so anything is possible. That being said,the show would benefit from being less elaborate, they could just do cheap car challenges for eternity and I'd be happy.

They need to fucking stop trying to appeal to the American audience, it's killing the show.

it feels like a poor ripoff like TG US and AU.

They need to ease up on the scripting

it would've been really cool if they'd started with a concept of rebuilding from nothing in that shitty garage and setting track times with whatever garbage they find for 500 quid

they could've called it top lemon

I think it's forced on them, the show was obscenely expensive to produce and they probably had to make sacrifices to the god demography. I wouldn't mind if they went all of next season without leaving the Eurosphere, I'm a big boy and can enjoy things that aren't directly aimed at me.

god damnnit that would have been 1000x better

They couldn't use Top or Gear in any title. I read an interview with James May where he mentions the working title of Gear Knobs getting shot down for such a reason.

call it Lop Temon

Damn, should tell this to Wilman and the gang.

I don't know but 4 seemed quite funny

What you're talking about. I feel like May is getting into his second youth. He felt really tired in the last few seasons of TG.

The problem with challenges is that 80s cars rusted away and those who didn't are classics now, 90s cars in europe were indestructible, which would be no fun and 00s cars feel too modern for a challenge
80s shitboxes were the best for challenges because everything was going wrong with them.

Jesus christ guys, who put all that sand in your vaginas?

While they got off to a slow start, ironically enough, the show is really picking up and getting funny. TG has always been scripted. Take off those nostalgia goggles, you look like a herd of boomers right now.

You can't expect the show to be the same old jokes with new cars over and over again.

TG USA actually came together in the later seasons once the presenters had developed some chemistry. It's worth a watch

>"""Celebrity""" ""dies"" in an awkward way
>Old man asks "Does that mean he's not coming on then?"
>Young man with whitened teeth yells "Awh come on!"
>Fat man says "literally nothing we could do."

Is this the famous british bantz?

what i dont understand right is how the fuck GT managed to lose chemistry because of the terrible producers and over scripting.

It just sucked the life out of the show and made i feel no better than the Worst TGUK episodes

Boggles the mind.

when jewtube budget shows like motortrends roadkill, ignition and head2head blow GT out of the water on what actually counts
THE FUCKING CARS
then we have a problem

i miss the cheeky british sense of humor and producer challanges

As much as i fucking hate the BBC they used to turn almost everything they touch into gold.

instead of liquid shit

>CARS
Who the hell watches TG/GT for cars?

I don't get the fat american stig type character. Is he some nascar driver we are meant to know to make it funnier?
Why would anyone want to hear him butcher some one liners while driving?
We already have 2/3 hosts with useless opinions, no need for another.

Stig was perfect, but im afraid they cant do a funny silent driver man because lawsuits and shit

So they put an unfunny loud mouth in there instead, that way people will just mute it at that part and they get the same effect. Genius.

yeah, im not defending it, I think the choice is awfull

Who the hell watches it for unfunny scripted banter than ran its course years ago.

>i have no taste and will watch whatever you put in front of me
>cant wait for the new avengers 7!

Stream where?

The internet

it was funny it had little to do with cars though

It was the best yet because of the eco-challenge.

Jeremy's car was absolutely disgusting.

On Amazon Prime video

They won't drop the celebrity bit because they got all those big names to come on board and the bitter ass BBC threatened legal action saying it was too similar to TG. They're just flexing star power they unfortunately can't use

Episode 4 was a great 8/10
so far the best episode save for the pilot

>I feel like they havent figured the formula out yet. Im giving them time to get back in the groove.
I think this is a big part of it.

>That not-Stig is so forced, practically unwatchable. Honestly it is the worst part of the show.
I think they had to force it at first to establish the character. By Ep4 he only makes like two comments the whole segment.

People love to forget how many weak or barely average episodes of Top Gear there were. When you can go back and stream the best episodes of TG, the shitty episodes just go away. Comparing the greatest hits of TG to the first four episodes of a new show is never gonna make the new show look good.

It seems like they're following a formula to establish things TG had done for a long time
>Ep1: Hypercar comparison
>Ep2: ???
>Ep3: lol Hammond is an obnoxious faux-American
>Ep4: lol environmentalism is stupid

I think we're gonna have to wait for season 2 to see if it's gonna be good in the long run.