Debate thread. Lexus vs Acura vs Infiniti. Which is the best japanese luxury/sport car and why?

Debate thread. Lexus vs Acura vs Infiniti. Which is the best japanese luxury/sport car and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/79TZyE1fjtY
minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/5916058408.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>sport
Nobody cares about "sport." It's about luxury, and there is only one true luxury car out of those three brands.

/thread

acura is out because no rwd models and the true definition of a blinged econobox

now for lexus and infiniti, they have alternating superiority

for example
ls400/430>q45
g35>is300
q50/60 rs400>is/rc350
ls570>qx80
qx30>nx200t
gs350>q70

>pre refresh ucf20
>one true luxury car

Lexus and Acura are still standing better than Infiniti. According to me, Infiniti is kill.

There's only one true car that can keep its luxury name plate and no other cheap q45 or FWD LOL Legend can keep up with this luxurious beast

Lexus makes nice luxobarges, the other two are pretty meh.

If Acura brought back the RSX with SH-AWD and a 6 speed manual transmission I might be interested, though.

I've owned all three Jap lux brands.

Infiniti G20, bought used with a sr20ve swap
Acura TSX M6 that I bought new
Lexus LS430 that I currently drive.

The Infiniti was a real gem. Rock solid construction for a compact. Not really lux and not very well representative of their modern lineup. It was more like a civic/accord if Mercedes Benz engineers got at everything but the drivetrain and electrical. Handling was brilliant for a fwd car.

Everything about the acura experience was positive. 140k miles since new and not a single dealership visit that wasn't very minimal maintnance. Great motor and s2000-grade shifter made allowed the car to have a nice split personality. Still not quite what I would call luxury. Dealership experience was excellent. It reminded me of Apple computer ownership. Upscale consumerism with high expectations at all points of contact. The japanese built acura like the TSX and the RL / RLX (almost bought one of each over time) are loaded with small , thoughtful, features you don't notice until years pass or someone points them out.

Lexus IS the King though. The LS430 makes all but the most highly optioned MB s class and bmw 7 series of the same era look kind of ragged. Dealer experience is a bit colder than acura, but don't feel it is ever incompetant nor dishonest in the least. It is much better than toyota dealer experience. YY will get more "lux" or "sport" out of a MB, bmw, or Audi, but you will pay for it coming and going. The lexus will just keep running and running. simply beautifully engineered cars. Not that bad to work on either for their lexus specific models.

I am now looking to give my wife my LS430, and buy another jap lux car for my needs. It will most likely be another, newer Lexus like a Ls460, GS350, Gs460, or GX430/460. Possibly a 2012+ ES350 now that they are on the Avalon platform. The only outside contender would be a late acura RL or early RLX hybrid. Infiniti isn't even on my map anymore.

They would need to turbo it.

Sh-awd is awesome, but it would blow with a NA 4 even the k series 2.4l

I do want to add that even houge I kinda like the new lexus "predictor" grills, they need to tone them down and chill the fuck out with them. I don't belive for a second the line that the Chinese market is driving their styling. Thats bullshit. The Chinese will buy based on brand recognition of the logo. If it is even semi true, give the U.S. market a little more laid back front end styling. At least on the cars aimed at a more mature crowd.

>Japanese
>Luxury

Not even a debate. Lexus is the most successful Japanese luxury marque.

They don't care about the Chinese. It's Mercedes and BMW letting Chinese focus groups enlarge every emblem on their cars. Toyota just wanted a more youthful image to help combat the geriatric Alan Partridge connotations of their top luxury brand. Toyoda-san is on record saying he never wants Lexus to be associated with the word "boring" ever again.

And they're succeeding.

The only real Lexus that look good with the predator grille are the IS, RX and LC, precisely because the grilles were part of the original design and not grafted on. The other ones are in a weird transition phase where they thought making every face a predator face was a quick fix to seem more interesting, but this will resolve itself once every Lexus is redesigned.

The newest line-up of Acuras are pretty phenomenal. The TLX with SH-AWD is a good looking card with great features that feels pretty nice to drive. Even the V6 feels little weak compared to it's competition, though. The newest ILX with PAWS and the 8-speed auto/DCT is also a great little car. That being said, Honda is never going to get Acura to be a big competitor in the sport/luxury market until they stop trying to sell "budget" luxury-sport cars. Mercedes, BMW, and Audi are all better because they offer more, and they cost more to show for it.

Lexus is Lexus. If you think they are bad cars, it's either because you're a fanboy or just in denial. They easily compete with their German counterparts, even if they don't quite make the mark, but again they cost a lot less to get in the first place, and maintaining them isn't even a comparison.

Infiniti has a V6 that has 330+hp, and that's kind of it honestly; they aren't aren't as luxurious as either Acura or Lexus anymore, and their design language is god awfully bland. They haven't adjusted to match the times or attack their market like Acura and Lexus recently have.

Accurate.
BUT
2010+ is350 > g37(auto)
At least from what I've encountered

Lexus > Inifiniti
Acura doesn't even enter my mind
t. Former lexus emp current infiniti emp

>No RWD
>Blinged Econobox
What's wrong with having AWD? Isn't that more luxurious because it has better traction?

Is it really just a rebadged, leathered Honda?

What luxury car should I get then? I like Cadillac but everyone says they're shit except for the Escalade, XTS, and CT6.

The problem with the Acuras is that I don't find their interior styling all that luxury. I want more wood.

>What's wrong with having AWD? Isn't that more luxurious because it has better traction?
you have a better chance of getting around in slippery conditions but my main gripe with awd is that the front wheels are being driven which can cause understeer...even the new audi r8 has that issue

you can correct oversteer if you have enough skill but you're basically fucked if you start understeering and don't have enough room for your car to completely stop

>Is it really just a rebadged, leathered Honda?
yep, except for the nsx and I assume rlx

>What luxury car should I get then?
shoot me your budget and I'll give you a recommendation

a the 3 brands that I would most recommend for new cars at the moment are alfa romeo, lexus, and genesis

>I like Cadillac but everyone says they're shit except for the Escalade, XTS, and CT6.
actually xts is pointless to buy and the ct6 get blasted away by the genesis g90

the good models are escalade, cts, ats v, and elr (although you may want to wait for the next generation if you go for that route)

>/threading your own post
Aside from that, you are right
/thread

"disgusting" is not an improvement over "boring". Make Lexus Bland Again!

>shoot me your budget
Probably $45k-$50k.

>actually xts is pointless to buy and the ct6 get blasted away by the genesis g90
Yeah, I know the XTS is being phased out relatively soon, but the G90 is a Hyundai. Is it that much safer than the non-luxe cars they make? The main thing I like about those Cadillacs is that apparently they're closer to the old Cadillacs and aren't trying to be luxe-sports cars.

I am thinking of waiting until the replacements for the ATS and CTS come out, maybe even to wait until a coupe version comes out since I'm a bachelor and don't need a full-size car most days.

>Probably $45k-$50k

here are my recommendations, the higher up the list of each category, the more I recommend it
sedans
>lincoln continental
>lexus gs200t
>audi s4
>alfa romeo giulia (ti?)
>genesis g80
>chevy ss
>lexus es350

SUVs
>porsche macan
>lexus rx350
>infiniti qx60
>Mercedes glc

sports cars
>alfa romeo 4c [over budget (but well worth it) ]
>audi tt
>mercedes slc

>Is it that much safer than the non-luxe cars they make?
it does relatively well
youtu.be/79TZyE1fjtY

I was consdiering the Lincoln but it's a Lincoln. And I from what I saw it wasn't especially great.

The Lexus sedands are on my short list, but the Audi has me worried about reliability.

Thanks for the advice though, I'll look into the Genesus and Chevy.

Chevy SS is a pile of GM shit, ignore all Lincoln shilling, and you are righto about Audi.

Infiniti has 3.0tt with 300hp or 400hp
Wicked fast for ~50k, Awd available. They've always been the sportier brand akin to bmw, while lexus is maximum comfy
Acura is lolfwd "luxury" like audi

Lexus is the completely obvious answer. It entered the luxury market with such a big bang. Out doing the established European luxury cars with all of their heritage.

Is Lexus just a dumb Veeky Forums meme?

The Continental has a very nicely done interior. It's Jaguar XJ tier. A black one with tinted windows screams mafia boss.

the new version of the grill is absolutely amazing, it has a weird fractal design to it that fits so well, all the new Lexus cars will come with that and i'm glad they finally found their image after all these years.

No
Acura's entire lineup is rebadged FWD Hondas.
Infiniti is largely rebadged Nissans and CVT cancer, but not as bad as Acura because they at least have the G and Q, and M cars.
Lexus has rebadged SUV's but literally their only rebadged car is the ES, which is an Avalon (it used to be a Camry)
They actually produce sport models, as well. (though I'm still wondering where an IS-F to rival the M3 is)

The RC-F does fairly well against the M4, especially considering it's 400lbs heavier than the M4. It's definitely more car for the money with better quality too.

Lexus>Infiniti

Acura designs on practicality not emotion. That's not a characteristic of a luxury brand.

X6, RX, FX - that is luxury. MDX and RDX are not.

The ZDX was the only true form of luxury to come out of the Acura brand in recent years.

So that is my answer.

>Acura's entire lineup is rebadged FWD Hondas.
Pretty sure it's not, unless you're just referring to the wheelbase.

hands down the lexus. when i think jap luxury I don't even consider acura. I barely consider infiniti

>TLX
>RLX
>RDX
These are not badge-engineered.

this.
infiniti makes good cars but nowhere near it's considered luxury, it might advertise like that but the build quality does not express that. Acura is just premium, something like Buick, it's a comfy honda with more features

Care to explain?

>Chevy SS is a pile of GM shit,
Fucking kill yourself

They're brand-new designs for Acura. They're not just sticking a badge on a pre-existing Honda and changing the interior.

f

Lexus>Acura>>>>>>>>>>>>>Infiniti
*At the current gen

Acura may look like shit right now, but they're probably going to release something bold, like what Lexus is doing, by the next generation.

Wait, Acura's look like shit? I think they look pretty good. Like Cadillacs but sleeker.

LS/SC/IS/GS/RX/NX> end of thread

I can agree with this. Regardless of whether you ultimately like or hate the new "L-Finesse" design language it definitely makes you turn your head. The NX200t will definitely make you take a closer look, for example. From some angles it still looks like any old boring CUV, but from certain other ones it looks pretty good.

They look decent, the main thing they have going for them are the headlights.

Be honest, though. You can barely distinguish an ILX from a TLX to an RLX besides their size. That might work with a brand that has more cachet like Audi, but with Acura you're already like "Oh, it's an Acura" you really don't want to make it worse by making every vehicle so similar.

Also lexus/toyota is infinitely more reliable than their infiniti/nissan counterparts

you already know whatsup
>luxury sedan
>low price
>reliability
>cheap toyota parts available when shit happens(basically never)
>v8 with decent milage
>good power too for a 4000 pound bbw
>smooth-ass ride

didnt even mention everything
>great nakamichi audio
>leather everything
>sexy as fuck

literally the only con is sometimes niggers take them and donk em

>literally the only con is sometimes niggers take them and donk em
gotta agree with this
i want an a ls400 pretty bad, but living outside of baltimore they're literally all owned by niggers

Lexus for most luxurious
Infiniti for sportiest
Acura for reliable used purchase

implying lexus is less reliable than acura
where the million mile acura at

I actually like them most for that grille. I love the arrow, which is why I like Cadillacs.

But yeah, it's really hard to distinguish their sedans.

Right now, Infiniti is making the most interesting cars to me. This is a reversal from Infiniti's entire previous existence when I never would have given them a second thought.

>lexus grills

what the fuck are they thinking? they are absolutely disgusting

They're not boring.

I've owed/driven both Infiniti and Lexus cars. Here's my take.

They both make pretty good entry level luxury cars, but Lexus has stepped up their game a bit recently. I would say up until 3-4 years ago it would have been hard to pick for me, but I'd say as the owner G37 sedan, it has been one of the best driving experiences I've ever had. I will say the coupe has the better look though. That's really the only leg up Infiniti had at the time.

Acura has lost its appeal to me years ago.

I like it on the RC too

minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/5916058408.html Should I? Just outside of my budget, but a couple of weeks of saving up paychecks would put it in. Looking to buy in the next few weeks anyways.

dont, its salvage and infinitis have quite alot of issues+good luck with insurance

Was always a fan of ye ol' TL Type S but haven't been for quite some time.

I guess I'd say Lexus > Acura > Infiniti

>tfw no lifted turbodiesel NX on knobbies

lexus>acura=infinity

for acura and inifiniti honestly it depends on the model. I dislike the lack of RWD acuras, but i also dislike the unreliability of infinitis, Lexus is a win win though cause theyre lux and reliable+sleek and classy

The Q50 was a disaster if I recall, the drivetrain is purely preference.

Objectively, Acura > Infiniti as Honda > Nissan

agreed.
regardless I would never choose a honda/nissan/acura/infiniti over any lexus equivalent unless its the 4th gen es300

still waiting for a nissanfag to talk about how "reliable" there car is

Acuras for a large parts are literally rebadges of European/global Honda models. For example the TL/TLX is Europe's Accord. At least Lexus and Infiniti have evolved past their base brands, or are at the very least rebadges of actual premium cars and not another market's middle class econosedans.

That said I would gladly drive a Honda Accord with a Mitsuoka Nouera front end and fake wood trim.

What would be a better alternative? My budget is preferably under 8k, and I'm looking for something sporty, auto (bc im a pleb and cant drive stick), can handle snow (minnesota), and won't fuck me over in mechanic bills. WRX/Evo's are overpriced around me and I can barely find a bugeye for that price

Only decent thin about the nissan I drive is the heat. But it is a 21 year old car, so.

i would have to reccomend a lexus/toyota, as they are low+cheap maintence.
LS-not as sporty, still decently fast
SC/GS/IS sportier variants
these all come in auto, and have a snow mode that starts in a higher gear, also have traction control(atleast on my LS)
celica-fwd unless you get the rare ass alltrac

if I were you and looking at your criteria,
Id choose a well maintained low mileage IS300 sportcross or a is250/350 if i could find one in that range. One of the newer Gs's would be nice too, i personally dont like how the 2nd gen GS's look. sorry for this jumble of text, studying for finals and brain is 3/4's dead

If i was in your postion though,
Id still get the LS400 and spend the rest of the money keeping it pristine, upgrading the suspension as well.

Get the SportCross :3

Lexus by far. Infiniti is just really bad. The Q70 has no reason to exist, it is just really bad.

I'll definitely look into the SC/GS/IS models, a few in my area within the price range.
There are some ls400's in my area on CL, but they're high mileage or not in good condition.
None in my area, even out of budget.

sportross's are kinda rare, but if you get a sc/gs/Is dont rush it, make sure you get a well maintained one, prefereably through dealer, and with proper(low) maintenence it should last you a long time. You wont regret it if youre looking for a non shitty, sporty, daily driver.

That kit would only work if the RX 350 had a V8 model.

bump