youtube.com/watch?v=Fv--vfLJSD0
youtube.com/watch?v=9yZlRqk5_6U
youtube.com/watch?v=HF4hJ_2aNg8
bela.itch.io/blob
gamecenter.nyu.edu/games/
smu.edu/Guildhall/Academics/Student-Work/Team-Game-Projects
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There will be no winter jam this year

I wanted to do a web build originally but holy shit, the game ran at like 5 fps with web gl
I am too lazy to load the project and do the osx build (i already rared everything up and deleted the rest) and then reupload it, but if you are bored, you can easily compile the osx build yourself, since i included the whole unity project folder in the game download and i assume you have unity installed, so all you would have to do is open the project in unity and do a build it for osx

Not rly a video game but its gonna be a virtual IRC space where u can talk about dev or whatever.

sorry was sleeping
im not a fan of the eyes but the overall shape is better and the teeth look better. when i have a minute ill make those changes. i suppose i could add two extra colors and claim its the megaman sprite trick but i dunno. thank you user.

also my original plan was to have the enemy be half exposed skull and half torn native american head since the level theme is kinda the native american's land equivalent in hell so if im still gonna persue that idea i guess im only half done. thats gonna take some work though. ignore how extremely shitty the drawing is. i cant draw for shit

thanks again user

change it to witches

no

>there are people who can't lead or even be part of a group

They should bring back conscription

1ma > all

>militaryposter
Don't listen to this ""man"". He's just trying to eliminate his competition by having them all sent to Iraq.

This. If you see anything mentioning the military, you should probably just ignore it. It's L.I.S. trying to destroy the thread and everyone in it. Literally.

CHANGE IT NOW

That some Runescape shit boy

This is you. This is literally your """work""". How's it feel? Still scared of your own reflection? Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. :o)

reposting progress for hookshot

gonna work on air mechanics and the suit hp probably

make sure you can follow other people and that the game fucks up if A follows B follows A

At least it has gameplay

Where is your gameplay

:~)

that's no gameplay

Where is the game, L.I.S.? Do you think that's a game?

What the fuck is this. This looks neat as hell.

What the fuck even is that

I thought you were dead. Good to see this again.

Glad you're working on this again

Is there still Michael Jackson?

That's some thalassophobia right there.

Glad to see you have given up your meme game

You're the AGDG #1 dropper of projects. Congratulations.

yeah were gonna give ppl some tools like that so they can do weird/funny things w/ each other. Trying not to be too referential of any specific MMO tho, I may have already gone overboard desu

Wasn't this in space at some point?
Anyways, looks pretty good, whatever the fuck it is.

dont think he ever was in the deep sea game. MJ was in the necro game's earliest moments lel. Thanks for remembering.

it feels good yes although I'd have kept working on it had I gotten some momentum with the greenlight. Deep sea I feel could be some instant success if I can do it right. At least the webms will hopefully sell the idea better and now I can do as many greenlight projects as I want.

thanks

hes going to combine all of his projects one day and create the greatest game in the universe

So if I wanted to learn how to game balance and calculate status parameters, do I just need to search up math lessons on Functions and Formulas?
Is there anything else I need?

Nah m8, MJ is also in The Deep demo you uploaded at some point.

>tfw have gone through the mandatory military service recently
It perfectly conditions one to enter a team where the team members are a bunch of lazy ass faggots who will do anything to do as little work as possible. It also teaches how one should handle higher ups who are faggots in the exact same way your team members are.

Once you have gone through military service, you are ready to work as a grunt in Ubisoft or EA.

>You're the AGDG #1 dropper of projects. Congratulations.

you haven't met me

>mfw LOD models

I don't understand why someone would go and post that. Are they gay?

Post your current dev music
youtube.com/watch?v=j3Kgf_dEWjE

Exactly, you learn how to get something useful out of normally useless people (or at least where to put them so they do the least damage)

youtube.com/watch?v=zxXfHxceMg4

The progress on election day was the best progress

I haven't come down since.

youtube.com/watch?v=nLEOwgm7OUQ

This is beginning to come together!

Fuck, environments are almost fun now!

(Most of the gray blocks are still just WIP filler texture)

OH yeah the MJ music is still there with NWA and Sims 1 buy music. Ultimately I want to have a custom music folder you can drop mp3s in to have your own music in the ship but I failed after trying to do it once. Probably just me being retarded as it doesn't look that hard.

youtube.com/watch?v=q0z08OpmEPc

youtube.com/watch?v=Fv--vfLJSD0

That's lookin real nice, I like it.

youtube.com/watch?v=9yZlRqk5_6U

Thanks!

Still using Spyro textures, but draw my own custom textures once I manage to complete this.

is the ps1-style warping intentional or just because of the placeholder textures? looks kinda neat either way

So each quad is on a square texture, right? How did unwrap the quads to be square?

youtube.com/watch?v=HF4hJ_2aNg8

Thanks.
It's intentional. Have been studying Spyro maps and now I'm trying to create my own.

Simply U -> Reset to a square texture map.
Then you downscale it all to tilesize (and use Snap -> Snap selected to pixels to make sure it's all aligned). That way, all UVs become equally sized squares, which you can move around. You still have to use Snap to pixels every time you move a square, but it's a pretty okay system to work with.

>be deving and eating bread for dinner
>suddenly this insane crippling pain in several teeth
>lasted for about 5 minutes
>still feel about 5% of it now
holy shit what the fuck, that scared the crap out of me, i had no idea that teeth even could produce pain this insane, i hope to god it won't came back because i have no money for the dentist so i would have suffer literally maddening torturous pain on top of my already crappy life
i just wanna dev games in peace ;_;

bela.itch.io/blob

my prototype hobby project! please give feedback

Thanks, I didn't know about the "reset" unwrap. By the way you can make it so the vertices always snap to pixels. UVs -> Snap to pixels check box. This way when you move the UV it will still snap to pixels

Brush your teeth and take an advil

Go to a dentist asap. It's better (and cheaper) to do it now when they can just throw in a filling rather than later when they'll have to pull some teeth.

Are there any programming languages which can be turned into .exe files as reliably as one can do this in Visual Studio with C++?

I don't want Python since I don't want to risk devving a month and then finding out that the script freezer won't work for me for totally esoteric reasons.

I also don't want to use C++ and its game making API's, since C++ is not a software development language, its machine coding language which tries to stay relevant by being an unholy duct taped together blob of a monster. I don't care about "muh performance", I care about not having to worry about trivial shit like types and other pre 2000 AD hardware caused redundancies.

So far C++ in Visual Studio has been the most reliable thing I have found and used. But surely, there should be other reliable alternatives out there, right?

>UVs -> Snap to pixels check box
Oh, wow, I'm a blind retard. Thanks!

Use an engine. Use Godot.

it's too expensive, i looked it up and i also have a dentist phobia (i was traumatized by them as a child because in this shitholed of a country when you were a kid and you had you teeth drilled the did it without giving you anything for the pain)

>mfw i lived all my life with a condition called "proctalgia fugax" since i was born (stand-alone due to muscle problems, not cancer or illness related)
Short summary: sharp shock in the rectum. It lasts about 5 seconds and I get it once or twice a day.

box2d debug view/10

>turn into exe files
is there any reason you really need this? it sounds like you want an interpreted language that does the hard stuff for you

It's a nice toy, but without tutorial or objective I feel very little motivation to keep going.
And holy fuck do zergs grind shit to a halt.

>turn into exe files
>is there any reason you really need this?
how else do I distribute the game I make so that it runs on other people's computers without them not having to install third party shit separately?
are there other ways besides compiling a script/program into an .exe?

>it sounds like you want an interpreted language that does the hard stuff for you
interpreted? sure - whatever. It can even be a god damned visual flow mapping for all I care as long as I can actually make a (2D)game on it and as long as I can actually reliably convert the project it into something that can run on other people's computers without having to contract a Nigerian Price to go on an astral channeling journey to dispel evil spirits and forces from my code.

Why not just keep a vibrator in you ass which will massage the muscles constantly to prevent the pain?
Or even better, why not have the large intestine mostly removed and you can poop in a fannypack you wear like some people do

why is the one girl holding a game controller that's plugged into a George Foreman grill? And why is it right in front of the TV? Seems like a weird place & way to cook.

>" ... GDScript features strict typing of variables ... "
instantly dropped

literally lifelong butthurt, I must have griefed you in high school FPS, you killed yourself, and reincarnated with past-life assblastings. I'm sorry, the wheel of karma is not kind until you l2p scrub

why does his face look like a badly drawn anime face?

where is YOUR face?

this is a bit closes to my original design. might need to either tone down the blood dripping or remove it because it might be distracting

half the sprite is a lot busier now but thanks to the fact that the skull side is still simple, the contrast to the background is still fine.

>how else do I distribute my game without players having to install third party shit?

sometimes it's unavoidable. people will give me shit for this but I'm gonna suggest for you flash if you don't want to use something like gamemaker.

kissing you butt lmao

You're literally stupid, maybe write your own language cause it seems you're going to hate something about everything language out there.

Are game design degrees a meme? Case in point: gamecenter.nyu.edu/games/

Most of these games look like hot garbage. And these people spend all day working on them while we shitpost 24/7 and do much better. Sad

But where is YOURS?

I knew it, you don't have one?

looks worse, the closed eye socket isn't believable on a skull. Why isn't the skull taking damage, have to destroy all satellites first?

I'm not complaining about anybody's face, so I don't have to show mine.
CHECKMATE PERSON WITH FACE

>had a friend go to 3d modeling school
>mock him for it as I go to university for CS
>he has a 50k/year job at some big cgi studio and I'm working at mcdonalds

Yeah, programmer graphics...

>tutorial
If there would be a whitepaper-like pdf to read about the opcodes (like TIS-100) would you read it? Or sould I inlude a hand-holding in-game tutorial?
>halt
It's a problem of Box2d. I really should write my own physics engine with only circle-circle collisions and optimization. This is some advanced lvl programming but will be a killer feature.

Thanks for the feedback!

4 fps, very nostalgic.

>looks worse, the closed eye socket isn't believable on a skull.
sorry but what do you mean closed eye socket? if you mean the right side of the face that's the side with ripped flesh
>Why isn't the skull taking damage, have to destroy all satellites first?
yeah when they're all destroyed he's open for attacks for a few seconds before respawning them

Made my first rock in blender

aaaaaaa

10/10 rock

>I care about not having to worry about trivial shit like types

>would you read it?
I personally love the stuff the guy does with manuals (like Shenzen I/O, TIS-100), however those rely on a certain style and aren't just Times New Roman size 12 black on white. My recommendation would be to include a menu, from where you can select between sandbox and a tutorial that limits the building blocks you have for a few "levels". Like, first tutorial only has "go" available and you are told to get the circle move somewhere specific. Whenever you introduce a new block this way, give a short explanation of what it does, then let the player figure it out. First few levels of TIS-100 did the same iirc.

>Are game design degrees a meme?
if you're on a scholarship and can opt into it, it's a potentially pleasant way to spend your time getting a worthless piece of paper from a college. I mean, they're all worthless, but in theory an engineering or Cisco cert is slightly less worthless, but the idea is they give you skills and you get the chance to mingle with or get introduced to people in the field to get a job after graduation.

It's up to how you rationalize it, whether they're worth it or not. But you're right in that you could make game just fine without college degree; my dad did his lifetime of computer career work from a business degree that just kind of segued into computers as he went, your favorite games haven't been made by degree game makers... yet

you can give up now

>that's the side with ripped flesh
doesn't look like it to me. I don't like the design. Either patch the gaping hole or add colors, but it's unaesthetic as is.
>when they're all destroyed he's open for attacks for a few seconds before respawning them
this does not seem fun, with how many there are, how fast they move, how many attacks are slung at you. I'd recommend spawning less each wave until he's permanently open, in a soft enrage in favor of the player.

badblood is pretty fun actually, good art 2

no thanks

actually not bad for a first rock. Is it meant for ground clutter or embedding in 3D walls like mining nodes? It seems pretty WoW-tier right now.

Some are memes. Others will fucking blow your shit out of the water.

smu.edu/Guildhall/Academics/Student-Work/Team-Game-Projects