/ovg/ - Accidentally making threads on the wrong board Edition

FUCK, I'm retarded
Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

Skinning guide with rF2-specific help:
>mega.nz/#!ygMSASyZ!ai1NXzFwq174ZmQYi3V_48eeEOCr_z4YOo9g8txxlDU

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5xw8DJY7aZQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for spork juct's rollercoaster of fun

>tfw /ovgt3/ used to be listed in the motor/sp/ort thread

now /ovgt3/ is listed in feel threads

I'm not fucking playing a game that's only available on the Windows Store.

>I refuse to play a game regardless of how much I want to play it simply because it's only available form a seller that it's popular to hate on
Lmao, your fucking loss m8

It's also Shitfest 10 exclusive.

Gran Turismo is Playstation exclusive big fucking deal.

The point is something like Gran Turismo that can be played on Windows 7, you idiot.

Emulators don't count.

OVG VS THE WORLD

ROUND 4

SPA

OUR GUYS:
Black Falcon SLS
Gran Turismo GTR

Apart from Horizon 3, perhaps some NFS games. Not that many games manage to feel like car collecting games, something that GT does very well.

Shift 2 is probably your best bet, you get quite a large and somewhat varied car list and a decent amount of tuning. ProStreet isn't too bad either, but it has a different tone.

Honestly you're better off buying a used PS3 and GT6 for scraps, or a used 360 and FM4.

is it worth throwing away cash on pic related thrustmaster setup or should I just get a g29 + shifter?

please help its my first wheel, I mostly wanna play dirt rally, GT games and forza horizon, and yes I know neither are xbox compatible but I bet there's work arounds for both or at the very least I could go full retard and throw even more cash on xbox compatible base for the TM. open to any other suggestions too

The base in your screenshot has an Xbox button, you're sure it's not actually compatible?

Honestly it's a good setup, but maybe if you want to play casually you don't need it and will do fine with a G29/G920.

yeah I selected the TX by accident, meant to go with the T300 base

for what its worth I saw this video youtube.com/watch?v=5xw8DJY7aZQ and its what made me want a wheel, but the thrustmaster is pretty fucking expensive by comparison of the g29 so not sure what do

>listening to music while rallying
what is wrong with you

used DFGT

b-but muh clutch

What game?

Assetto corsa?

Once you've got a track memorized, it can't hurt. Wouldn't do it on a new track though.

this coud've been us, /ovg/

this is us, /ovg/

>automodellista with an awful GT3 mod
im glad it wasnt

Used DFGT with G27 pedals, as recommended by James himself

Enjoy the terrible mod and racing nerd.

epik
no wonder this place died

remember fun is bad, and if we had a good series with a particular mod, we won't ever run that mod again because reasons!

And one make series are banned

You're a fucking moron if you think 40+ people would want to go through the trouble of pirating a bloated worse version of rFactor 1 that's the size of a modern AAA game.

We did NASCAR this year.

yes
except for that one time we ran gt3 in GSCE, that was an exception

8gb compared to 25gb i dunno man you tell me

get fucked idiot

>25gb
congrats user
you have autism

Oh sorry it was 23.6gb :)

I don't see the problem, 25gb is nothing

>implying anyone will buy the game
>implying you can't rip the stock content and make it less than 5gb

imagine being this dumb

ñ

No my man its a room where people gather to race

I guess you can call it... A RaceRoom

imagine rather arguing about having nothing to race rather than doing something about it

Mind blown

but this was us

t

Hold on. So you're telling to settle with questionable physics, in order to partake in a league with a possible good turnout, when it doesn't cater to my specific autism, and also when it doesn't have the mumblr "we can use this mod" seal of approval?

GET OUT OF HERE

>possible good turnout

Well, not like that's gonna happen again. Most of the people who raced with us throughout the first couple series aren't around anymore or simply have no interesting deal with ovg series anymore.

There's better GT mods for rFactor 1, and nobody needs approval from users of a slightly related mumble server you dolt.

That was before we've driven away half of that field.

Name one(1) good mod for rfactor.
For example, simtek, enduracers and DRM are shit, so don't bother bringing them up.

Lemons

>memes xD

As expected

As long as the mod provides fun, close racing, does the simulation value really matter?

This retarded """sarcastic""" behavior is what drags /ovg/ down. It's not funny and turns people away. People can't have a conversation here without you faggots posting le epic memey posts like this.

The problem is people bitching about this ironically instead of doing anything about it. You're just as much to blame as the shitposters here.

Yes. Look at legends and similar mods we've ran.
Somewhat "fun" to drive, but relatively shit anyway.

They never pulled +30 drivers

Yes, ovg should just die already, and start from scratch with new blessings.

This is Veeky Forums you dumb bitch. Go to Reddit or kys

This Tbh

Nice meme
Half those faggots are still around

>"kys"
>thinks he has the right to tell anyone to go to reddit other than himself

git gud barney

Sitting in mumblr and talking about anything apart from racing, and not joining leagues, is not considered "still around".

And they're not around anyway.

How boring must your life be to manufacture drama on a fucking Veeky Forums thread jfc

so you're too scared to come on mumble and actually suggest things and try to set things up because you obviously don't know who still comes on. shit nigga who bummed you, why you so scared? i bet u don't even turn up to races fag

Ok, then. Screenshot me the people in mumble right now. At least 3 of them will be muted and deafened constantly, and will only pop out for memes.

>so you're too scared to come on mumble and actually suggest things
Actually lel'd at this. You're genuinely implying kahimeme and co. will not shitpost any idea, and just run a shitty endurance race with 5 other people around, because "dude it's fun who cares!"

>Ok, then. Screenshot me the people in mumble right now.

you talk a lot of shit for someone too scared of internet people. anyone who tries to improve this place is damned if they do or damned if they dont.

>people complain there's no series
>start a series and people complain saying they won't show up because it's not what they want
>people that have fun driving in the series get told they're not really having fun
good job, good effort

>so you're too scared to come on mumble and actually suggest things
Reminder that the last person to do this was banned from the mumble and ran out of /ovg/.

Surely you could come on and take a look yourself :^)

Half of /ovg/ has been banned from the mumble, that's why it's empty.

>I take my Veeky Forums sim racing identity VERY seriously

>Proven wrong
>Moves goalposts

Case in point.

name more than 3 people who have been banned

Valrys
Manrys
Trannyrys
MIKEY

People mute to listen to videos or do other things whats wrong with that? do you want people talking at you all the time or what? I don't see the problem here

Spork
Juct
SporkJuct
Mosaegir

1/4

There are like 2 leagues right now, 3 if you count that shitty SJ league, so why should people suggest things?

SJ
SJ
SJfari

classic ranwec and ranwec are once a month so it leaves some weekends free for people to do other stuff

Hank likes to watch 23 hour long videos?

sjfari got unbanned and comes on like once every two months

>or do other things
nice reading comprehension m8, you still ain't answered why its an issue :^)

SJ and his goons
Mikey
James
STiguy once was banned too for a while
Valrys will probably get harrased too if xe joins(And I hope I won't miss it) and get banned eventually

RIP cosmo

SJ, Mikey and James are the 3 congrats you named them all

What if I don't want to talk to retards

FWD LYFE

So when is PCARS2 coming out? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

next week in games magazines....

OVG VS THE WORLD

ROUND 5

NURBURGRING

pure fwd fuckery edition

OUR GUYS:

Black Honda
Citroen that looks like a Honda

>memorizing stages
>calling stages 'tracks'

Any rFactor mods I should try that ain't in the wiki

DRM
series soon :)

Why do you think it concerns us that some random twat was in a random twat race

>us
>we

Because he's not some random twat, he is elite

>cuck evans

>he doesn't respect the chosen few in the elite mumble shadow government

I don't understand why you're so upset that some people who like to talk with like minded people via voice chat in fact do that, user.

It seems to me all you really want to do is just continuously shitpost. Boredom of neet life getting you down? It doesn't mean you have to lash out at others friend.

The main thing that puts me and several others off posting in the thread is your continued beating of of the "but muh mumble circlejerk" drum.

I look forward to what I'm sure will be an enlightened response (that I probably wont read).

>projecting
rotflmao

>I don't understand why you're so upset that some people who like to talk with like minded people via voice chat in fact do that, user.
just got into this thread, but the problems with mumble have never ever been about
it was welcomed with open arms by everyone because voip is a fucking great tool for racing

but it spawned fucking cancer with tripfag circlejerking, le secret clubs and literal faggot memes, not to mention massive influx of irrelevant name and avatarfags who treat /ovg/ as a social media site and contribute nothing to this community

unfortunately communities (especially small ones) cant really avoid this shit and we would reached the same point without mumble, just not as fast

so stay in your voice chat and don't post here if you don't like it here.

well i dont see you contributing either. if anything you made this community worse over the past few threads. excellent job!