/tesg/ ~ The Elder Scrolls General

>Mods, modding guides, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the site!
>The Booru
vgtes.booru.org/
>The Lewd Booru (Use the filter if you find a picture objectionable)
booru.Legacywaste.org/

>/tesg/'s characters
imgur.com/a/YSUMg
>/tesg/ stories
pastebin.com/GG0z8BZU
>/tesg/ tumblrs
pastebin.com/iZJ2DT2a

>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>/tesg/'s sister threads:
- Elder Scrolls Online General
- Veeky Forums's Weekend Lore General
- Lewd General

>Thread was created with incorrect OP or a lot earlier than post?
Ignore and report; Wait for a correct thread to be made.

HEY GUYS WHEN IS SKYRIM SCRIPT EXTENDER COMING TO SPECIAL EDITION??
>Skyrim Special Edition has been released, and the original SKSE will not work with it. We are currently investigating the application to create a SKSE64 build for the Special Edition. This will not be a fast process. The update to 64-bits means a lot of investigation and changes. Much like the work that has gone into F4SE this will take a tremendous amount of effort. We appreciate your patience while this work continues. We have no timeline for a release. - the SKSE team 29 October 2016

Elder Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=od-lb6S_4qQ
imgur.com/a/OP5Ik
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder to janitors: please do your job!

Have you told an Altmer how much you appreciate their presence today?

UMPF
youtube.com/watch?v=od-lb6S_4qQ

Wait, you can't?

SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE ORKS

Surely Altmer don't need validation from others

She can appreciate me when I punch her in the face until she's pretty

You need to take care of the dragon problem in whiterun

Nerevarine vs Champion vs Dragonborn, who wins?

Fuck this place

>Nerevarine
lol weak ass baby tier
>Champion
Daedric prince tier
>Dragonborn
Aka-Oversoul tier

LDB wins

Fucking hell what a mess this game is in term of roleplaying.
I just wish Todd would die and someone with actual talent would take over.

D:

Dragonborn is the single most OP character in TES, so go figure.

Well the thing about RSE is that it doesn't take quests into account last I checked. So even if you complete the entire Civil War questline the Stormcloak RSE faction will continue to chug along and Windhelm (unless conquered previously), will remain a Stormcloak territory. So it'll be a bit immersion breaking but you can fix it easily by leading an assault on the offending regions.

Basically the RSE factions are more or less independent from the vanilla game's storyline/quests/ect. Regardless of what you do, the only way to get their attention is to play by their rules and participate in battles and the like to win territory.

Nerevarine isn't that strong really.
The Champion mantled Sheogorath and Pelinal, iirc.
The Dovahkiin retarded a kapla by himself, killed the most powerful Vampire leader of Tamriel, and Miraak.

If he's in his plan, the Champion wins, if not the Dovahkiin rapes everyone else.

The parent likes to be told by the child, every once in a while, that they are loved.

Dragonborn.
Thu'um is op as fuck.

How can you decomfy a game with a single image?
I hope that the next game won't be in Hammerfell or Elsweyr, or if it's in Hammerfell, have at least High Rock with it.

>those rug textures
>those wine bottle textures
>that cheese texture
>that goblet and platter texture
nigga you need Gamwich in yo life

STOP

So just Madgod vs Dragonborn, since Nerevarine has no powers

I root for Sheogorath

See you in 3 days user.

KEKS NOT ALLOWED

well, that was gone fast..

If only the janitors could act that fast during Diana's chimp-outs

Every time a very specific wolf attacks me my game just closes. Wolves are scary.

I told myself how much I appreciate myself today.

>2016
>Still no nightingale dagger mod

NOTHIN' DOIN'

That's a big banana.

Man that was deleted fast, I couldn't even see it. Put it in aco.

Too fast.
Nigga probably deleted his post before the ban hammer.

Is that a pose or an idle? And have you ever heard of rule of thirds? And what's with the clutter laying around on the ground? Also what's your SSS set at?

Come on senpai step it up

i like the rule of "I don't want to adjust my depth of field so I have to make the subject mostly centered"

that's called bad screenshot-fu m8

Who was the brown girl?

your darn right it is

At least unlike Cumtears you're honest and don't make excuses. What do we call you? Cumtears drinker?

you're

Who the fuck would do this?

It doesn't even look right. Even if you want a tropical setting you can't just half-ass it like that. You can't just leave in the fucking Northern European architecture. It looks like fucking dogshit. It looks, really blatantly, like a cheap half-assed mod.

I mean, maybe if they changed the architecture. Maybe if they replaced the fucking Northern European windmill with something like a Middle-Eastern windmill like pic related, and made even some attempt to give the buildings in the background more of a tropical/subtropical non-European feel, then it could maybe work. But even then it still wouldn't because most of the NPCs would still be Nords wearing fur and/or vaguely Germanic armor.

I like tropical/subtropical settings but I just don't see the point of things like Tropical Skyrim. If you don't go total conversion then it just looks like shit.

:^)

tfw no Elsywer

hello here is card thing it will be later in the day not sure when have to sleep now dead tired up for 32 hours so far, ill try to get up before too late though and if too late itll be tomorrow at the regular time

Vahl vs Haar
Brutus vs Nordguard (Title)
Nim and Wezaleff vs Vinilx Corps
Meara vs Zawadi
Valdimir vs Bonapart
Vidanya vs Arurun
Faust vs Chases-Shadows
Mordessa vs Suzette
The Glorious Crusade vs Summerset Stormbringers (Title)

>trying out different perk reworks
>try ordinator
>wanna be a necromancer
>use the skellington perk tree
>like it
>wanna be inconspicuous
>giant army of obnoxious skeletons following me around in the middle of the city, pushing past people and making a ruckus makes this impossible
is this what having kids feels like?

It's an idle actually. As far as rule of thirds goes, the top and bottom of the image are oriented perfectly. Not by my own doing either, as the free camera actually can't tilt on the x axis. Well, it can I think, but not with the mouse, and I never use it. The clutter is from a battle, and I'm not sure about SSS. I think I have it turned off ATM.

Also please consider that these rules of photography/painting are simply guidelines for appealing to certain aesthetics. Art made this way is great, and produces obviously aesthetically-pleasing images, but aesthetically pleasing to some might not be to others.
Also consider minor chords, and atonal music. It is not a universally pleasing way to create music, but it is still valid, and enjoyable to some people.

READY FOR THIS

>Valdimir vs Bonapart
Will there be more mad bants?

if there is remember to post on social media about how shitty vampires are

How the hell do I balance out the leveling in Skyrim with the uncapper?
There's all this business about changing how fast the leveling works, but I don't want to have to put in 60+ hours of trial and error just to prevent myself being a demi-god before I've finished the College of Winterhold quests.

That's a long winded way of saying that previous screenshot was shit.

This one's much better though.

Canon wise? LDB, no question.

From my characters in-game? Nerevarine, hands down the most powerful character I've ever made. Though that's more to do with game mechanics.

A little storytime for those who might be interested.

imgur.com/a/OP5Ik

Oh boy, another BEEG BOI.

>still no Kaarina vs Ermalda
REEEEEEEEE

>buy skyrim special edition because I liked the game when it came out
>hang out on Veeky Forums threads a lot for other games so naturally check out the skyrim/elder scrolls general now that I'm playing through the game again
>it's some weird circle jerk among people who know each other that is probably better suited for a chat room or something
unlucky.

who /achievingCHIM/ here?
I keep screaming that I'm a God, and it'll work.

Streaming

vaguerant on twitch

We've had a million of these

>a million

I know what you were trying to say, but it's simply "shit to you". Not all screenshots should be taken with the intention of it being a fully-prepared artistic shot that compares to professional photography or something that could be used as a wallpaper. You gotta think outside the box. It's like when The Blair Witch Project hit the theaters in 1999. People mainly thought movies were supposed to be shot with the "epic cinematography" style of things like The Martian, but when people think outside the mox, new perspectives are attained, and new styles are explored.

I know you don't like it and I won't try to justify it to you any more, but I find a lot of value in screenshots like this, something that just looks like HUDless gameplay. Granted I did adjust the FoV, but still.

the trick is to ignore and filter about 50% of the general

in back-to-back weeks no less

Way ahead of you.

jesus christ you really have no idea what you're talking about

You sadly do have to ignore a lot of the thread. Generally, if someone is posting with a picture of an in game character I just skip it and move on down the line. There is some pretty interesting conversation to be had and even the waifu fags aren't that bad overall, you just get a few huge asshats every now and again.

This, I just want a comfy TES general, and to talk about the lore.

Who's stopping you?

Nice! Really impressed by the screenshots here. I loved the shrinking bit.

hol y shit nice trollpost, you sure got him now
he could have been talking about the lore of the game this whole time but didn't, you go t h im br o

hey he might have been rude to me but don't be rude to HIM OK

I hope the Empire eventually gets its shit together and everyone (or at least all the humans, maybe the orcs if the Empire can get them to ever forgive their lack of protection) manages to band to together, reconquer Western Tamriel, reconquer Summurset Isle, and then just kill every single Altmer. Bind every single Thalmor official in chains enchanted with powerful anti-magic effects, gag them with gags enchanted the same way, and make them watch as every settlement in the Summurset Isles is burned to the ground and salted so that nothing can ever grow there again, and every single Altmer man, woman, and child found is executed, and, each time, explain to the Thalmor exactly why they caused this; why they should have just lived and let live, instead of doing what they did. Explain exactly what they did wrong, how and why it was not only unforgivable but stupid, and exactly why they deserve it. Then rape and crucify all of the Thalmor officials.

Then they should systematically destroy the ecosystem of the Summurset Isles - burn and salt the forests, turn the grasslands into deserts, poison the water - so that nothing can ever grow there again. Build mountains of Altmer skulls at the site of every former important city. Mummify as many other Altmer corpses as you can, mount them on tall pikes like flagpoles, carve the Akaviri Red Dragon, the symbol of the Empire, into their chests and foreheads, then make flags bearing the same symbol out of Altmer skin and nail them to the mummies' thighs and genitals. Then officially change the name of the Summurset Isles to "Islands of Insolent Dead Animals," and in general make sure that everyone realizes full well what happened and why.

That's what should happen. If it were up to me, that's exactly what would happen. Literally no Altmer deserves to live. Not even one.

He wasn't being rude though. Either talk about lore or don't bitch about the lack of lore talk.

The waifu illuminati, of course. They gather in their shady secret Discord channels and decide what people are allowed to talk about, and lore is forbidden.

Lack of new lore.

C0DA kept lorechat alive for a but, but until TES6 we're gonna have no loregasm.

6 hours later and I finished taking all the screenshots for a storyime, wew. Now the fun part of writing it. I dont know if ill post it here or just link the imgur honestly.

I despise the Thalmor like everyone with a lick of sense, but wanting to kill every Altmer? That's a bit extreme.

I know you got banned during the last one but you should try posting it in the thread again. Just make sure you don't do it while Diana is running rampant.

If this is the lore discussion then let's continue ignoring it in favor of waifus

When you have a bunch of roach coming into your house, you kill the whole nest.

Maybe, but 90% of Altmer are cunts. Even if every single Thalmor official were killed, the Thalmor would just reform and do the exact same shit the moment the opportunity arises. The Thalmor have reformed and would do so again. Sure, there are some decent Altmer who genuinely don't hate all non-Altmer, don't think they're lesser beings on the level of animals, and don't want to rewrite reality so that non-Altmer never existed, but they're arguably a minority. Overall, literally the only long-term solution to the Thalmor problem is a Final Solution.

Unless the Empire has a new-Tiber figure at its head, it can't do that. Every Empire are doomed to have an end, and this is the Imperial Empire's.

You spent six actual hours in skyrim? That's dedication.

Did I miss something? I don't recall snek posting lewd here.

6 hours of posing, posing Snakestone and his family. Posing NPCs, placing items around rooms and stalls.

I guess ill try again, it may get cringy though. Just want to warn the thread of that.

Well the LDB seems to have a lot of deliberate similarities to Tiber Septim, that are even brought up in Skyrim. And it's not too implausible that the LDB could achieve CHIM.

>6 hours

Wew, that's gotta be a long storytime.

No, it was just the usual episode of Diana shitting up the thread, meanwhile shitposters were railing on Snake for posting a story. It was just a fucking mess and Snake ended up unjustly banned for "offtopic." It was 5% his fault for posting it during prime autism time.

Doesn't matter, mass reporting bans people, that or a mod that doesn't think storytimes are valid contributions to the board.

It wasn't lewd; he posted a storytime, some shitter mass reported him and the mod who saw the reports didn't bother to check what was in them, he just banned Snake.

>cringy
Cringe is relative. It boils down to; if the shitposter hates you, they'll call it cringey. Everyone else appreciates a good storytime.

Why would someone do that? Snake is one of the best posters in these threads. What could someone possibly have against Snake?

>killing a tribe's worth of these creatures landed me 3-4 levels
I've been wondering about something. I used Alternative Start to be a bandit as that was close to what I had going for her. Am I actually part of the bandit faction or something? I was cool with the ones I started in a cave with and a few civilians, but then some stormcloak guards attacked me as well as a quest npc I was trying to deliver something to.

Who knows how the mind of a fatass basement dwelling shitposter operates?