Best languages for Veeky Forums other than English?

Best languages for Veeky Forums other than English?

Other urls found in this thread:

economist.com/blogs/prospero/2014/03/language-study
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There are none. If u dont speak English u sux dix.

Japanese would be hard af to learn but their culture and repect level is pretty cool. If u into tech they do oretty well for being an island. Used to go to junior college wich for some reason had a pretty legit foreign exchange program where they would trade american students for Japanese. It's interesting to be in a town full of retarded gangbangers and meet the most polite and reapectful group of people of my life. 2 hours into a party once i realised i was the only one with shoes on. Fml. I started drinking before that and assumed someone was into ballet or something. Everyone had on goofy shoes and here i am in beat uo cat boots. Shaft. I tried to play it cool and act like i was drunk. Then kick my boots off like an ass tard to find booties. What. Surprise they have no size 13s... fuck. Even better yet i had 1 wool sock on with my big toe hanging out and no sock on the other foot. Got up late for class on thin ice and threw all the fucks out the window. I'm wearing boots and nobody will see anyway right

R

Depends on where you live, Spanish, Mandarin, maybe French.

Mandarin Chinese, of course, but I assume you aren't a fat cat and that you live in the US, so go for Spanish instead.

>mandarin
No. The Chinese will not magically do deals with you because you can half speak their language in a broken accent. All Chinese businesses speak English, you do not earn brownie points with them.

Consider this: A Chinese investor comes to speak with you in broken English, or a Chinese investor comes to speak with you with a translator. Whom do you take more seriously?

German and Russian are your languages.

Literally everything you said applies to German and Russian as well. You don't learn a language besides English to do a deal in that language, let's be honest you will never be that fluent, You learn the language because maybe sometime in the future it will present an employment opportunity to you.

You don't learn mandarin to speak it, you learn it to understand it.

Incorrect, Europeans learn English willingly, Asians do not.

Fortunately most of the west is sensible enough to not waste a single moment on a poorly designed archaic language.

really not spanish?
1/4 of the countries in the world speak spanish, tons of land coverage, not many people

and it's an essential language to get hired in 25% of the USA, and 100% of kitchen, hotel managers, janitors, construction, shipping, farming, etc....

You may want to re-read the OP. Working as a fry cook or on a dock is hardly Veeky Forums

I've turned off learning chinese because once you have it on your resume EVERYWHERE you work you will be required to work with shitty chinese

imagine the quality of chinese products but applied to your business dealings in every aspect. that's how shit it'l be if you learn chinese. they're shitty people on top of that.

I'm learning German, but it depends on what sort of fields you want to be Veeky Forums in

/thread

English is king, English makes the world turn.

Learning anything else is just for kicks.

poorly designed language
>implying languages were all designed

Economist will show you where the money's at:
>economist.com/blogs/prospero/2014/03/language-study

So better learn german for an extra $150k.

>In American context, the more important factor is probably supply, not demand, of speakers of a given language. Non-Latino Americans might study Spanish because they hear and see so much of it spoken in their country. But that might be the best reason not to study the language, from a purely economic point of view. A non-native learner of Spanish will have a hard time competing with a fluent native bilingual for a job requiring both languages. Indeed, Mr Saiz found worse returns for Spanish study in states with a larger share of Hispanics. Better to learn a language in high demand, but short supply—one reason.

>already fluent in German and Spanish
>French is fag language
Where do I go from here?

kys

french and spanish are both fag languages