/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

The Meme Exterminator edition

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this!)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Year 2 has been confirmed. New CTU's will be Spain, Hong Kong, Poland, and South Korea.
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-275000-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
Season 4 - Operation Red Crow is out. Patch 5.2 - Mid Season Reinforcements Live.
youtube.com/watch?v=12hNVzz4CYY
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/updates/redcrow/index.aspx
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/updates/redcrow/reinforcements.aspx
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1535236-Patch-Notes-Update-5-2-Red-Crow-Mid-Season-Reinforcements
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-11-21-2016

Friendly Mission Successful:

First for THUNK

Did they introduce a hard freeze in this patch?
Three times already I've frozen for 5+ seconds and once on OP select my game legitimately hard locked.

Oh, and apparently after it froze it replaced me with some rando in a ranked match giving me an abandon penalty.

Yes but he needs to while planting it. A whole 2 seconds of being target practice for the enemy team.

I had this yesterday and updating my drivers fixed it for me.

repostin for draw fags

What's your hardware? I've seen a few people say this but nothing has happened to me.

GTX 770 i3770k with 8gb of ram. I figure the ram might be too low but it's never been an issue until now. It mostly happens on Kanal which I assume is because it's a large map.

>8gb ram
>low
lol no
You're fine.

That's strange, I have a GTX 760 and an i5 4440 and I have no issues after the patch

>Play with 2007
>He picks Tachanka every time
>Dies instantly every time

M8, I use a three and a half years old middle range comp with 4gb and I do fine.

So what do you guys think of Glaz after his change?

Is he worth playing now or just for fucking around?

Fucking around still

wow i played this game the other day

the games a shit clone/mixup of cod and csgo

i refunded immediately

woooooooow

wew lad

Barely noticing an increase in his firerate but the penetration seems alright.

just got echo
no idea how to use echo

Are Fuze's hostage treats actually effective at clearing out rooms with the increased injury damage range? Or is he still meh?

Communicate
Don't just spam his ability on sight like a retard
Use him like a mobile Valkyrie relaying information on key angles for your team
Only use his ability when an engagement is about to happen, they are about to push, when they are planting a defuser/breach charge or one of your teammates is going to flank them
Don't roam with him for fuck's sake, he's a 3 armor fattie. He's meant for holding the objective with someone else
Make sure you don't just get stuck on your drone the whole match when they're pushing the room you're in and kill you

Which they can only do if they see you, if you plant on a busted window or in front of a cam and get killed it was not a weakness of the op it was your own stupidity. Fuze did not need a buff and neither did glaz. Fuze was already good and glaz actually required you to be good, or at least lucky with hip fire spam.

by spam his ability you mean the sanic boom and not the drone itself right?
I've had trouble with that where even when they're lined up in the crosshair and the circle is red it just harmlessly whiffs them

It seems you need to headshot with it to get the effect

oh, that's surprisingly logical

Got some new skins for Smoke and Pulse incoming.

Hello.

This was probably talked about a million times, but do you think Sam Fisher could fit as an operator in R6S?

If so, what would he be like?

Yeah, don't spam the sonic boom on sight, be smart about it. After all, you don't want them hunting down your drone, and when you use it correctly in a key moment, they likely won't have time to look for it, and/or you can quickly displace it

The aiming is kind of clunky. I'm not sure if this is true but I find that if they're moving, leading the target slightly helps.

You can hear him plant from across the room. Remember that the developers spent insane amounts of resources on the sound design.

Special gadget: Third person camera.

Nah. Different skill set. Team Rainbow is about tacticool breaches. Sam is about sneaking. Also please don't use the nu-Sam as the picture, jesus christ.

Definitely.

Maybe his googles would have heat vision to make operator stick out like sore thumbs.

how about you keep teamspeak names out of this general you fucking dickhead

user
Are you a hacker?

just... how the fuck do I play this?
I played like 8 games and only got a single kill this entire time, I have no idea what the heck is going on and people kill me before I even get a chance to see them.
Everyone just sits in the same room and waits until someone comes into their crosshair or gets shot from a different angle, I haven't seen any teamwork get involved ever.
Moving even an inch from the objective room gets me killed as a defender everytime, I haven't been able to even enter the building once as an attacker.
There's no way to learn the maps in-game, there's no minimap or just a show map button. I play a map once and have no idea where I am and the next game it's a different map already and it never gets better.

what's he talking about?

have you tried using logic and critical thinking?

Play the situations to get some renown and learn the maps.
Then play some T-Hunt and keep learning the maps.
Then stop playing with idiots who never communicate.
Then you can start getting kills.

>Replying
user you haven't learned, have you?

Read the OP guide, my friend

Kindly redirect all newfriends to OP FAQ, please

oh shit I thought I read 8 months and I was being a dick, just read the guide in the OP.

8 months, lol like that's even possible.

Map memory makes a HUGE difference in this game. That way you'll know what you're heading into instead of blindly running around with a vague idea of what's where.

Just keep on playing and you'll git gud hopefully

hahahaha what the fuck are they doing.

Going where the money is, of course. Think about how many shekels they're gonna get from ebin memers.

do not diss chanka
chanka best

Reddit doesnt like them either

Go back and complain with them there then, you clearly enjoy browsing it

>Another season pass hacker

(You)

Well lets see

1. actual discussions dont get upboated

2. Epi is always right even if hes a complete fucking joke and tells us "Your submissions are sent to the art team but how about them memes :^)"

3. if my posts arent funny glitches or dank gameplay reels no posters

As much as we shit on this place its kinda the only proper way to talk about Siege

>playing against people spouting the honor meme all game
>it's a stack

You gotta go back.

I read the FAQ and all watched all the videos but it doesn't explain what exactly I'm supposed to be doing, it's just "aim for the head" and "knowing the map helps you a lot" stuff that I already know from counter strike. For example, I pick the guy with the hammer but I have no idea which wall I'm supposed to break. As a defender, I pick the guy that destroys grenades but have no idea where to put my gadget or I just put it in the objective room though I haven't seen a single grenade being thrown in this game.
Last game my teammates barricaded me off the objective room and I had to hide in a corner in a random room nearby and had no idea where to expect enemies from and what I was supposed to do from then on. Then people tell me that I'm shit and start bitching at the entire team and leave.

For starters, if you walk up to a barricade, you can destroy it as a defender.

>it doesn't explain what exactly I'm supposed to be doing

But it does.

If you want more in depth information, read the ranked section. That should give you a mild idea on what you should be doing at any given point, along with just playing the game and getting experience.

Knowing the map allows you to know which flank routes are convenient to open up with Sledge. There are no "right walls" that you should be doing all the time - it just depends on what you're doing right now, where the objective is, what your plan of approach is...

In the guide it says also where to put Jager. You put him behind cover by the objective, by windows where attackers usually come from and usually throw nades by, etc.

I'm sorry that you've seen a nasty side of the community. Randos used to be really friendly, but since the game has gotten more popular and cheaper, more kids are present.

Jump on the teamspeak sometime and we can help you out a bit. Just say that you're new, and people will always be nice and help you out in Casual mode.

r6g is dying, friend

If you love Siege, reddit's about the only place we can do actual discussion anymore. The Veeky Forums cancer finally creeped in

You made a post with actual arguments and look and the low effort meme responses you're receiving.

Unfortunately for everyone, they're right. We have to start going to reddit now if Siege is to continue.

While I don't think current Sam himself would mix with Rainbow (at best I think he would send a Fourth Echelon recruit) personally I wouldn't mind that much.
I think those stick cams/noise makers would be the best gadget for gameplay purposes, or idk a noise indicator that accurately shows where the noise comes from.

Also it really seems like you haven't played enough against the AI or ran around the maps by yourself to get to know them, and your sample size of multiplayer games is rather low so of course you need a bit more time to learn where enemies come from and all that.

>/r6g/
>dying
You wish.

This might seem "obvious" but watch all the tutorial vids and do all the situations. They help introduce certain mechanics to the game. They also give a somewhat tour of the maps.

You two should go to reddit! It would make you happier, and it would make everyone here happier too. Think of all the amazing discussions you will be able to have there! Please go have them. Please go.

I think he means by "Veeky Forums cancer" is that game is becoming popular

That could be interesting

No, it's not that. It's him wanting to leave really really badly, and desiring a final nudge to throw himself off the cliff and go to reddit.

It doesnt really seem different to me

>Reddit-posting

>playing against people spouting honor meme
>it's a stack
>they never stop talking
>keep spouting r6g memes in chat
>mad that I peek as jäger on favela (???)
>complain about me playing ash too because le 3speed meem
>complain about my ping which is between 60-80

If you're one of these people I hope you're just lurkers from reddit or something, take this as a pseudo-(you) telling you to fuck off of R6G.
Reddit shitters spouting tachanka memes and picking him 100% of the time is bad enough.

Take screenshots or fuck off with your false flagging

Anons, I need an opinion for which attack operator I should get:

Hibana, Buck, or Blackbeard?

blackberd :^)

Can year 3 be based around single-player and Co-op? I feel like we already have so many operators and are going to have plenty of maps to play on after this year and I'd really love a classic R6 campaign with this level of destruction. It would give them a reason to fix up their AI too, and the year after that they could turn the co-op maps into vs maps like Bartlet University.

>MULTIPLAYER FOCUS REEEEE
Fuck that. Even CSGO has official co-op campaigns now via timed DLC.

SCHOOL'S OUT

Hibana for Thermite+Ash combo
Buck for flanking, floorbanging, and wallbanging funtimes
Blackbeard if you're a good shot and can actually take advantage of his low health shield to win trades

Lol no. Their AI is clinically braindead and it's going to stay that way.
They're not going to forego the focus of the game that far into things. It would take too much work.

CSGO bots are actually somewhat competent in comparison to White Masks. That's why they can do it there.

>singeplayer Siege
>co-op
>even CS:GO has offic-
Don't ever compare this game with CS:GO. Take your Offline/Cooperative dicking somewhere else.

PVP Multiplayer full force.
6/10 got mad.

Hibana is a common pick (probably more so than Blackbeard now), so you might not be able to choose her when you want. Buck is seriously underappreciated and a solid operator, and you're more likely to play him.

Anyone have that Frost screenshot with the close up of her squinting eyes?

Why don't they get some Division devs to cross over and work on their AI?

Because this far ahead into things, none gives a fuck about that sort of thing for Siege.

If you want single player, go play Ravenshield 2.0, SWAT 4, etc.

Seriously think about it. Any semblance of a campaign in Siege would be incredibly stupid. Bartlett worked as a tutorial ending, and that was that. There was nothing particularly interesting about it - just another T-Hunt with braindead AI. Of course the setting and videos were neat and all, but peeling the cover off that's what you're left with - just hordes of braindead White Masks to kill. And you already have that in THunt.

The game is balanced and thought out with PvP in mind. Defocusing it for single player content would make no sense, because really the only form of single player it should have is hordes of braindead AI and/or bot matches - but good fucking luck getting a bot match that can actually use the operators efficiently instead of just generic white masks that are not even competent.

They wont do it

Does someone comparing your ubishit triple A with barely a playerbase to speak of title to an actually successful game trigger you, or what?

>stop comparing this obvious CS inspired game with the latest iteration of CS
>how dare you ask for industry standard features from a major AAA publisher
>who cares if all previous entries in the series had single player/co-op
>6/10 triggered my autistic rage over common complaints of my favorite game

Not that user, but you're comparing a game engine that comes with average AI prepackaged and a fucklarger budget to a game with a skeleton crew, tight budget and literal braindead AI.
This game isn't CS:GO and the PvE is so god awful I don't blame a single person for not wanting them to focus on it. Personally I wsh they'd have an option to disable T hunt challenges because I honest to god do not know how people have fun in that.

That's why I want them to expand on the co-op. They can do more than "THunt but with cutscenes", there's some big potential.

They could do huge pre-made maps with multiple objectives or even random/triggered events. The white mask story isn't really that good, but I feel like they should actually do something with it. The multiplayer VS is supposed to be training anyway, so why not let the training be put to work?

And saying no one gives a fuck about SP/co-op for siege is just flat out wrong, since that was its #1 complaint at launch. Plus it'd be nice to have a place to play this as a true tactical shooter, at high ranks the VS in this game is more like a twitch shooter with low TTK than a tactical shooter.

More Situations after Article 5 with more White Mask development would be nice.

>tfw I only played Rainbow 6 for multiplayer

Im sorry I was a consolecuck for the longest time

Lockdown and Vegas were my shit

Ain't gonna happen sadly. They're already spread so thin as is I doubt they could even muster enough support to warrant showing it to their bosses. No one plays the game for THunt so why would they focus that many resources on it? I really wouldn't mind having a not awful campaign.

user.

THunt is uninteresting.
THunt with bells and whistles (cutscenes) is also uninteresting.

The #1 complaint at launch comes from people who wanted a Rainbow Six like the classic ones. This is not that.

The people who have bought it and have kept playing it only care about the multiplayer, that's why they keep playing it. That's why THunt is dead as fuck.

The VR training being put to work in the game would never work aside from the shallow as hell THunt we already have. The White Mask AI is dumb as rocks, and would provide zero challenge to Rainbow Team in any way to make it compelling.

You should redeem yourself and go play Ravenshield 2.0 right now

>tfw you can't listen to music or podcasts because audio is so important in this game

I hate this.

Siege is essentially Lockdown 4.0

Then go play something else user.
Wow holy shit I think I just solved your problem. It turns out we don't HAVE to play things that we HATE! Wow!

As unlikely as it is. Maybe there'll be more in the future story-wise for Rainbow Six.

Maybe a different team that takes on the White Masks or something

>>>/csgog/

But you're having fun so whats it matter m8
At best you'll get a comic I think; they said the cutscenes cost a shitload to make and even the SAT operators didn't even get that basic mini intro cutscenes.

user.

The White Masks are the blandest, Ubisoft-tier villain in existance.

They amount to nothing. There's nothing there. It's just "le watch le world burn" tier.

Even in the classic games the story was never the point - it was simply a backdrop for the Planning+Executing dynamic. In Siege you don't direct teams of AI's, so this is completely different.

Understandable but still disappointed that the DLC Ops don't get any intro vids.

Yeah, I know they are and I know that Siege is a multiplayer focused game but I would like a co-op story-driven Rainbow game.

The old ones are good but don't we all want something new? At least there's Wildlands I guess.

Obviously gameplay/multiplayer is just fine or we both wouldn't be here

But having some story or just generic situations with a little narrative would go far. No one's asking for The Siege of Us. Just more fleshed out Situations.

I mean fuck, having simple missions with each CTU where we see Thermite and Ash dealing with a bank heist or Bandit and Jager defending Kanal against invaders would be really great.

Maybe if Ubisoft didn't spend the entire Tom Clancy budget on The Division which was dead after a month we wouldn't be having these problems