/pso2g/ - Phantasy Star Online 2 General #1199

■ Current Update (12/7):「幻創の母なる月光」 Part 2
bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-merry-christmas-collection-introduces-all-class-takt/

■ Weekly Boost & Events Schedule
pso2.jp/players/news/?charid=i_boostevent
├ Google: google.com/calendar/[email protected]
├ Random EQ Hourly Advance Notice (JP): twitter.com/pso2_emg_hour
└ Regular Maintenance: Wednesday @ 11:00 ~ 17:00 JST

■ Scratches: pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/
├ Brilliant Winter (until 12/21)
├ Gurhal Collection 2 (until 12/21)
├ Sacred Star Keeper (until 1/11)
├ 2016 Year End Support Item Collection (until 12/21)
└ [SG] Bright Dark Heroine (until ???)

■ Next Update (12/21):「幻創の母なる月光」 Part 3
bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-esca-falz-mother-bursts-into-action-on-december-21st/

□ FAQs, Guides (READ THESE BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS)
├ General Information: bumped.org/psublog/
pastebin.com/CxBP1mEA
docs.google.com/document/d/1Ml9MGiN2Ich09mDtR82N1zn62oa1Mp6x6yzRjHrEf8c/ (Last Updated: 7/25/2015)
├ Basic English Patch: psumods.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=206
├ Buy ARKS Cash using PSO2es: pastebin.com/raDBtSpa
bumped.org/psublog/pso2es-guide-chip-database/

□ Database/Wiki
pso2.swiki.jp/index.php (JP)
pso2wiki.net/ (JP)
pso2.arks-visiphone.com/ (EN)
pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Main_Page (EN)

□ Simulators
├ Skill Tree: arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php
├ Affix: pso2affix.seilent.net/
└ Damage: 4rt.info/psod/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M2_6ucB85LM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>lilith can join night arks
>pso2g cant
Cant make this shit up.

But I'm on ship4.

wait what the fuck, he's in NA?
fuck i'm out

>sofa salty because lilith is in NA but not him

pottery

>not the first post from this IP
Suspicious.

>listing the arks visiphone wiki twice
I thought someone fixed that fuckup threads back?

i made the thread, lilith

So fix this

i can't edit the OP, i don't have my Veeky Forums gold account yet

delete this post first

Your turn.

HAHA SUCKER I AIN'T DOIN SHIT LMAOOOOOO

I'll change it in the next thread.

MFW.
As an ex-Ignition member, I have to say that NA isn't that good. (Especially now, yikes! I guess their reqs really are too low w) I mean, they're above average, I guess; but they're way overrated due to gaijins having low standards. I can see why you guys who struggle to keep up with Firesword would hold them in high esteem, but that team is way past their glory days.

from which period are you an ex player? Curious since basically no ignition members ever posted here.

>being in the same team and mpa as lilith
Wouldn't be a fair parse

I was in the team for most of 2015, left for Quasar in early 2016 after a friend asked me to join (rip in pieces). I'm in a more casual team now because the game's casualized as fuck these days, it's nothing like back in the td/magatsu era.

>Magatsu was hardcore
ayy

Still good in terms of English teams.

A year ago, you could run Magatsu 20 times if you managed to kill him fast enough within 30 minutes. Now you can only run 4 times regardless of how strong your mpa is. Run limits mean there's almost no incentive to optimize anymore, because you are in the end you get the same shit as everyone else. And because of collection files, 13*s aren't special anymore, nor do they take effort to obtain. Everything gets handed to you these days and you don't even need to try. This is what i meant by the game being casualized.

You aren't ex-ignition

The problem was the optimization was loads of shit and wasn't about how much effort you put or how good you are.

You basically had minor changes in actual strats and strict class composition, but besides there was nothing really hard about it. This applies to most of tryhard content run in MPAs actually. 95% of the work is class composition and generally managing boss downtimes with DPS bursts.

>RNG is skill

>not having an organized MPA with multiple characters to get past the 4 runs limit

I don't really like the way it's now, but those old days weren't good either. In my opinion they should design content that you actually have to be good to clear and have the best gear drop from it. Not a retarded 0.000000000000000001% drop, but a fair chance to get it if you keep farming it for a prolonged amount of time.
The solo XQs were already a good step in the right direction, we need content for groups (4mans) that not everyone can easily clear on the first attempt.
Obviously that will never happen though, the sad truth is is that Sega both can't tune their fights for shit and that they don't want solo/console players that pug everything to be left behind since they'd make less money that way.

Nah. Organization is necessary, but that's not all there is to getting the fastest runs.

youtube.com/watch?v=M2_6ucB85LM

Do you think these guys would have been able to down PD in 3m25 if they weren't good? It's one thing to know how something like this is done in theory, but to put it into practice you really do need to be highly skilled.

I think you need to reread that post.

Still nets you less cubes than pre-nerf Maggy.

>In my opinion they should design content that you actually have to be good to clear and have the best gear drop from it. Not a retarded 0.000000000000000001% drop, but a fair chance to get it if you keep farming it for a prolonged amount of time.

Would love his, but it will never happen. feelsbadman

>Do you think these guys would have been able to down PD in 3m25 if they weren't good? It's one thing to know how something like this is done in theory, but to put it into practice you really do need to be highly skilled.
Yes. Considering all competitive MPAs are highly controlled environment, and the whole fight lasts 3 minutes. Generally it's boiled down to getting good class combo in good position and then unleashing your strongest DPS moves.

Raining down a satcannon isn't especially hard neither is End Attract especially with halfline.

jap wiki says that lvl17 zaverse drops from rare blundarls, but if you are bouncer you can get it from any enemy. is that true?
the fuck bouncers have such privilege.

I think I got mine when I was fucking FI/HU.

It's almost Christmas.
Post Santa Rappies.

>12 people that are geared and know what they're doing to instagib shit
wish I can even muster 4/4 for TA/XQs (´・ω・`)

But it doesn't really matter, does it? The tech doesn't change regardless of the level.
And it's not just Bouncers. Summoners can also get the same.
In addition to that, this is true not only for Zanverse, but also the other support techs.

Ra obviously have the easiest job, but you have actually never tried playing something like Br/Gu on PD if you think that's all there is to it.

nope

Do as I say.

post your character in swimwear

>shitlith in NA
FUCKING WHY? THEY DONT EVEN MANAGE OR AFFIX THEIR GEAR

Learning to put chain in one or two situations in the MPA isn't rocket science. Your comment about Ra also pretty much shows how the MPAs work, lots of the roles there could be manned by a monkey or a mediocre bot.

>noko on suicide watch

>all these ppl butthurt they could never make it into night arks

Im not noko

>being butthurt about some shitter whos too lazy to upkeep his fucking gear being able to join a team that has turned to shit throughout the years in addition to their low as fuck requirements which in turn allowed any shitter refugee in

Go do it then and post your sub 4 minutes run here. Since you only need bots and monkeys finding 11 other people should be easy.

I forgot how I did it. I'm the bot-monkey btw

>joining a team with a terrible leader
If I was on my pc I would post a parse of there oh so great team leader and haxmega from sees

>implying I can find 11 other monkeys with proper class combos/skill trees/gear

Just write a few mediocre bots then, it's not rocket science...

where do you draw the line between actual skill and cheese

Sega will ban me then. Of course writing a working bot is hard.

Sometime cheese is easier or best method to do something. Parse wise I ignore su/gu and br/gu

What did you affix since the start of the boost week, pso2g?

>nearly 2017
>caring about what team some rando is in

Post here only if Lilith isn't in your team.

To rods even have a purpose?
Talis just seems a lot better for FO with the extra 20% dmg

None, I sold all my affix stuff cause all my units are 4s 120/6 which is good enough for me.

what if lilith really is an actual meme?

Stronger compounds. Compounds don't get the talis tech bonus.

>affixing
artificial progression

Are there more compounds than just the wind/lightning one?
I remember people saying it was relatively worthless

No reason to affix units right now but going to do weapons atleast or make fodders

Light/Ice and Fire/Dark, both of which are very strong, for bossing and mobbing respectively

There are three
Zandion (Lightning + Wind)
Fomelgion (Fire + Dark)
Barantsion (Ice + Light)

Rods have a lot higher T.Atk so they are a lot better whenever you don't want to set up by throwing your Talis. I use rods for mobbing and talis for bosses, generally speaking

Fuck, does that mean for FO/TE you always want to pair Fire with Dark and Ice with Light? I went Fire, Wind, Light Mastery on mine.
Do I have to reset this or is it still okay?

>he fell for the single tree meme
kek

>screenshot with a cursor
ok lilith

I took a break from the game a while ago and came back and I have this AIS rifle sitting at +31.

Am I screwed out of ever completing it barring lucky drops, or can I use other 13* rifles to finish the attribute and raise the grind cap?

At this point dont even bother just wait for next week

There's other astras that I'd want before rifle so I figure if I can finish this last +4 with the shittons of stones I have sitting around that'd be fine by me.

Also I'm curious too, since it seems awfully shortsighted to have it this way vs the old system where you could still at least complete the weapon with a lot of farming of weapons of the same rarity.

You have to get the same weapon to increase the Grind Cap. Don't bother though, that weapon isn't even worth using.
We'll get the Astra weapon CFs next week so wait a couple days and get one of those, or start working on Gix now.

Fire / Light is fine for general purpose. You aren't going to break any records but whatever. You have Fire for great mobbing and Light to be able to fuck bosses up with Ragrants, nothing wrong with it.

this is going to get a revise

post who you want added

me

muh waifu you killed

Better question is who to remove since majority are dead

new year, new chart

this

lewdkini picture plz

I know there is not exactly a right answer other than
>get both for everything
but if i had to get rod/talis per element this would be ok right?
>light rod
>dark rod
>fire rod
>lighting talis
>ice talis
>wind talis

dark talis
wind rod

Not arguing since i am not sure myself but dont people mainly turret gimegid hence the need for rod?

All you "really" need is a Fire Rod, and a Light and/or Ice Talis.
Light and Ice are your boss killers and benefit greatly from the Talis bonus. Fire is your AoE Element and benefits more from the quick execution Rods provide, Fomelgion every now and then is a nice bonus too.

I was in a few ult amdu mpas with lilith a little while back and he died like 5 times every run.
This is the power of night arks?

4 man garbage gave rise to all the fucking cliques (a few that are still survived to this day, who basically just leech the team tree and never interact/talk with anyone else at all)

solo xqs is the only thing i'd expect to be so hard you cant even expect to clear on first try (necky got close)

also while the new way has problems with giving out everything, the old way was just awful honestly. its an improvement at least, and it looks like having 14*s being drop only will add some "incentive" still, but fucking rarer than austere is not how you do it on a scheduled only. sega still hasnt learned fucking ANYTHING.

honestly this just needs to be cleaned completely and then a new one made (again). I was on the first iteration, not on this one (due to huge break) and need a third sheet.

Nothing wrong with cliques unless you are a complete shitter that nobody wants to play with. This is an MMO, you shouldn't be able to get the best possible gear on your own.
Cliques exist with or without 4mans being a thing anyways. If 4mans came back in a big way they'd just actually have things to do with each other instead of only hanging out and chatting.

The problem with MPAs is that they are nearly impossible to tune properly, the more variables you add the less every individual has to be competent and you can get away with carrying. Look at raids in literally any conventional MMO, exact same principle.

why make a new one? why not just add to the old one?

Add me please

so you just want faceroll MPAs you can afk through like the UQs?

new chart new year

now add oh, edf, hyperion and sees members

>4 man garbage gave rise to all the fucking cliques
If someone forms a clique and is willing to play only with people from inside the group the he was never going to mesh well with the team. Those are the people who constantly bitch about who joins the MPA.

>some random slut on right side
Why?

Winter Migu too

some people are dead on the old list
added
go creepshot their characters to be added you lazy shitter
why not?