Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-QqApF6W544
darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Summon Range Calculator
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just saying
(downscaled from 4k)
Next?

first for first

So if the Fire Longsword is DS2's Drake Sword, what's the preferred weapon to use at that point in the game?

Xth for the Rock is too powerful.

Watch until the end for keks

Rapier
Mace for armored bosses
RIT lategame
Just watch a speedrun you dink

>Worst
60 Fth DMB says hi
Also, the R1 Windmill machine

>So if the Fire Longsword is DS2's Drake Sword
The difference is that it never loses its effectiveness unlike drake sword
>preferred weapon to use at that point in the game
Either it, rapier or some blunt weapon like mace
DS2's great weapons are actually pretty shit as far as actual dps or stun goes compared to lighter blunt or thrusting weapons.

>implying there are not better greatswords for dmb buff

>not posting the dark souls 1 webm
Fuck off faggot

>the dark souls 1 webm

That was probably the most vague thing I've heard all day.

Could you name them then, honestly curious as to what you consider better for DMB

Anything that doesn't split it's damage 3 times?

Would turtling and poking with a spear + leo ring be a viable PvP strategy in DaS1 or will I still get utterly fucked by my inability to do enough damage to stagger anyone?

You'll just get deadangled by anyone who isn't complete shit. You could probably really torment some Parish babbies with such a setup though.

Dude thats the beauty of it
>innate Magic damage
>Extra DMB on top
Why do you think Resin DSA is popular, that shit can deal good damage if you stack the right element

This user is correct in saying drakeblood is the best GS for DMB (and when buffed, the best GS peroid) because it has so much base magic and lightning damage added to it. Even with the split damage, when using DMB it has the highest AR and damage of all of the greatswords even passing GSoJ.

>highest AR
since when this matters when you have split damage?

>highest AR
>AND
>damage

I tested it on some guy one day wearing firelink set. GSoJ did (if I can recall properly) did 432 damage per R1 and the Drakeblood did 502

I was about to ask you for stats but
>if I can recall properly
you're just pulling it out of your ass

Allow me to go and test it for you then. Give me about 5 minutes.

>he still plays Arena

>he still plays Souls games

>he still plays games

>he studied has an internet connection

>he studied unironically phoneposts

>He studied requires oxygen

>he didn't go to college to learn how to shitpost with a mobile device

>he studied has requirements

>he needs a device to shitpost

Tested on millwood dudes

GSoJ build:
29/40/40 STR/Dex/Int
AR 2h Unbuffed: 601
Damage: 530
AR 2h Buffed: 681
Damage: 642

DrakeBlade Refined build:
18/16/9/60 STR/Dex/Int/Fth
AR 2h Unbuffed: 519
Damage: 360
AR 2h Buffed: 754
Damage: 617

I did my testing back before the int buff so I was wrong there. GSoJ my weaponfu still reins supreme. Good thing I hate the drake greatsword

>int build with greatsword of judgment
>can use cool spells
>fth build with drakeblood
>locks yourself with shitty spells because miracles are trash

>tfw you dont know how to make a faith character and jojoposter wont stop platonically bullying you

when will this ride ever end

also post faith weapons besides

>Raw Dragonslayer's Axe
>Lightning-infused Anything
>Raw Astora SS
>Wolnir's Greatsword
>Homoprinces Staightsword
>Any ultras becuase lmao25end
>flail thing

You could always try kys

What about the SS i see a lot of people use that can shoot this white, straight beam?

I haven't gotten far enough to get it myself yet, but it looks faith based and pretty cool imo.

>>Homoprinces Staightsword
>faith weapon
It has E faith scaling at +5. It's a DEX weapon with a FTH requirement
Saint Bident buffed with DMB

this and any CCS, gotthards or sabre with DMB

>not putting "he d/c's at the end" in the filename
30 seconds of my life wasted

>not putting "all I do is R1 dark sword and I STILL die" in the filename
30 seconds of my life wasted

it's not my fault ugs are inconsistently memey with rollcatches

Did someone say tactical retreat?

I LOVE disconnect webms.

What's better: warpick or mace? I want to try to make that sort of build work with enough poise to poise through medium weapons at SL35 +4.

is wanderer armor in ds3?

Nope

>this much poise at SL 35

Not possible

>bloodlusted profaned gs
why

iunno, memes

25.85 poise isn't hard to attain with prisoner's chain and knight's ring adding 20 levels on to your person, on top of havel's ring if necessary.

Was this sheet updated with 1.22 regulation changes?
because it's fucking wrong

When will you return to OUR game? The game with the best online play, Dark Souls 2?

Latest changes only updated ultra weapons (not including CGS's) and halberds to basically need some amount lower than these poise stats.

Everything else should still be the same. They just updated ultras and halberds.

>dark sword
>fighting a solo fatrolling UGS user
>shitload of mobs and another player on your side
>still dies
fucking lol

Tbqhfam I find all Souls PvP equally shit, all in their own way. I just occasionally play the one that is most active, which is 3

I'd never leave if not for SM. Literally impossible to find players now that the player count is low.

Buffed the Drakeblood with Sunlight Blade or DMB?

The "AR 2h Buffed" was done with DMB. And DMB and Lightning blade have the same stat increase but because "lololol players have more lightning resistance" DMB does more damage and there is no reason to use lightning blade.

I really wish I could PvP on my PS4, but I'm stuck with NAT3, and no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to get the port forwarding trick to work, so I constantly disconnect. It's driving me nuts. I put so many hours into Dark Souls 1 and Demon's Souls PvP, and I want to do the same with Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3, but I can't.

turn on upnp?

Powerstanced rapiers is vastly superior in all ways to fire longsword, just requires more stat investment. Counter modifiers are king in DS2.

no thanks
I have let it die right now so I can wait for ni-oh/nier automata/das3 DLC

Warpick is only good if your opponent is stupid enough to walk straight into your attacks
Mace gives you a lot more options, especially against people who can tank you with HA WAs or etc

really fires up the ol' neurons

>ni-oh
are you seriously hyped for this souls clone?

How amazing would the dlc have to be to save it?

>tfw got paid
>tfw getting a PS4 along with Bloodborne tomorrow
I'm not gonna get conned into buying a Pro but what are the noob traps I should avoid in terms of the PS4 purchase?

Also for BB I pretty much have to get the GOTY edition to get the DLC without using a credit card, right?

I checked that, and the router firewall. No dice

A mistake is buying it from somewhere like gamestop or walmart. If you look hard enough you'll probably be able to find someone nearby that doesn't want theirs anymore that you could buy for $100 easy. ($100 is how much gamestop will pay for their PS4)

Also bloodborne online is dead. You'll be able to summon people sometimes but invasions are non-existent.

whats the minimum SL to make warden blades shine?

gameplay wise it's much better and the story looks ok

Okay I've checked and nobody selling their ps4s at a reasonable price. I'll take the dive and hope it'll be worth it new.
Was just checking if there are specific models that I should avoid.
Thanks anyway.

And I probably won't be playing online.

XD

u guys ready to praise that sun :)?

the one that let's you get 40 in luck while not compromising on other stats too much

Also, when building your PvP profile, don't use soul items, upgrade only minimum equipment and back up your saves regularly at each of the benchmarks. That way you can hop onto an older save and use soul items and upgrade materials whenever you want to make a pvp build.

If you do it right, it's way easier to make multiple builds than with DS1's system because of the soul vessel.

Also back up your favorite builds so you can PvP without wearing agape ring.

>no designated SL
Cool so I can be SL 802 right?

I'm running through Duke's Archives for the first time ever
When do I stop getting shot from behind while getting magic cast at me from above while three crystal hollows jump at me from the front?

high SM duels are the best

DS1 is a masterpiece, fuck off.

100% chance of being a gank squad

literally trash event idea
do you want fights that last a full five minutes or something?

Lure the crystal hollows and get gud.

Honestly my favorite duels are below 2m because battles have less leeway to them. You can still 3-4 hit combo people to death. At high level duels it's the same strategy but it takes 2-3x longer to kill someone, so they catch onto tricks and combos a lot faster. Less risk, less reward.

It's fine, the guy shooting magic from above is just an annoying cunt
Also, I'm not sure why the bow guys deal more damage than some bosses

if its so trash then why is bandai namco sponsoring it :) ?
youtube.com/watch?v=-QqApF6W544

praise that sun! :))

>invade a guy
>blue gets summoned
>summoning a phantom
>summoning another phantom
>I don't just rush in but wait to ambush them in the level near some good mobs
>blue has returned home
>phantom has returned home
>phantom has returned home
>wait longer just to see what happens, laughing
>eventually "phantom has returned home" x2
>some more time passes, summons another phantom
>he eventually tries progressing through the level with 1 phantom
>I delete them once they trigger the mob I'm hanging out next to

God, that's gotta be one of my favorite invasions of all time right there. The key is patience, children. I wish I could upload this over 15 minute shitfest.

Once you leave

Does Looking Glass Knight only summon on NG+?
And roughly what sm should I be to get summoned?

That's what I do every time a host is camping a bonfire for phantom summon refresh.

Eventually he either kills himself, or he runs out and I ambush them when they fight the kettlethrowers

i stopped doing low SM PvP after i ran into 5 twinks in a row. fuck those guys

>it's a scott jund thing

oh, i didn't know, i thought you made it yourself.
y-you're not actually subscribed to him on youtube right? Right?

>no tricks
>can't take off your pants for a quick tactical distraction

Shit event desu

What? You're not subscribed to Scott "our guy" Jund?
He left reddit for us friend!

this is bandai namco's brainchild, scott was dragged in later i think

SL?
Area?
What do they mean "No Tricks"?

fug

For co-op, add up all the total boss soul rewards (like I did in the previous post) for each area, then at ~10% for enemies. Plug that number into this and that shows you the range where you can be for white sign to work:

darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Summon Range Calculator

Looking glass summons in NG, you have to invade in Drangleic castle though.

Bandai will "sponsor" anything that gets enough likes on facebook. By that all it means is that maybe they put it on their facebook or twitter page.

There's nothing 'official' about it. This is a crock of shit made by someone who desperately wants to be taken seriously.

Bandai will offer prizes for Armored Core tournaments as long as you have a decent number of facebook followers. If they aren't doing the same for this guy, then that means it's even less of a legit thing.

In the cathedral I'm a big fan of either camping out at the grave warden or if they go downstairs, near the macaroni monsters. If any of them get bled out by the winblades or the leeches it's game over, I love that shit. I've had people be trying to run away and just drop dead from leech procs.

These days I've gotten to the point mentally where I never run in if I see the summon phantom thing, or I peak in while I have obscuring ring on and there's at least 1 phantom there. I feel like if I attack them at the bonfire they get it in their head that they can stay forever, yet for some reason if they never see me they'll eventually just start playing the level normally and when they finally run into me during an ambush, it's too late and they're too far away from the bonfire by that point.

Seeing this stuff (sorry for shit quality, 3MB limit is suffering) just made me laugh so hard, I literally didn't even care about the invasion at that point, I honestly just wanted to see how many people he'd summon and how many times they'd crystal out. I mean this shit had to have happened at least 5 or 6 times before he finally got a single sunbro to come with him it was hilarious.