>New Mailbu has a 90 cubic inch engine

What the fuck were they thinking

Other urls found in this thread:

jdpower.com/cars/articles/tips-advice/engine-cylinder-deactivation-saves-fuel
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variable_displacement
youtube.com/watch?v=xtxd27jlZ_g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>ford fusion has a 61 cubic inch engine
What on earth was the reasoning behind this blunder?

t. assmad GM fangirl

t. assmad Ford Fangirl

>Fiat 500 has a 53 cubic inch engine

why do you guys even have an interest in the new car market, when it's all automatic brakes, and lane assist bullshit.

I'll stick to my carb'd v8 RWD

>tfw no 30 CID straight twin powering a 7,000 lb crossover with 2 touch screens per seat for 10 touchscreens total, a 1-foot thick a pillar, 5 gallon fuel tank, 23 speed automatic transmission, selfie-camera built into the review mirror, and internet connectivity antenna that lets my friends and the government know when and where I am driving

>Develop a high strung 1.5L engine to make the car super efficient (and disposible engine).
>Right when Trump rescinds CAFE requirements and the EPA rescinds CARB / EPA emissions.

Great. At least it's not the obligatory 2.0T that EVERYBODY and their brother is standardizing on now....

not everyone is a boomer gramps

They already have a perfectly standard 2.0T four-banger.

I'm 24.

but if all you're going to do is bitch about how small engines are these days, why not buy something with a bigger engine?

>owning anything less than a V8

some people all they do is bitch and moan

I dont care about the engine size that much because Im not stuck in 1970

>Crown Vic

no one cares about your anemic shitbox its just as slow as a 1.5L Malibu lmao

>New People's Car has a 60 cubic inch engine

What the fuck was Hitler thinking

sounds comfy at, sign me up

>but if all you're going to do is bitch about how small engines are these days, why not buy something with a bigger engine?

Some of those people can't help but bitch and moan. In fact, some cars already have automatic displacement reduction. Those drivers should moan about that reducing their effective engine size even further. Once cruising speed is reached, some cylinders can take turns being shut off and turned back on relative to the other cylinders. There's no need to have the full engine displacement to maintain cruising speed with overdrive on.

>There's no need to have the full engine displacement to maintain cruising speed with overdrive on.
When I had a 1.5L, full displacement was needed to maintain cruising speed even though there was no overdrive.

Variable Engine Displacement:
How your 8-cylinder engine actually only has 4 cylinders active so your 4.8 liter engine is actually a 2.4 liter engine on the highway.
jdpower.com/cars/articles/tips-advice/engine-cylinder-deactivation-saves-fuel

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variable_displacement

>Getting this cucked

All cylinders running at all times is the only way to go.

>"hey dude can you hold my keys for me for a moment?
>you spaz both your arms in his direction
>USING ALL ARMS AT ALL TIMES IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO

the Pontiac Fiero got 50 mpg no one got it fuck that artist

>All cylinders running at all times is the only way to go.

You'll fail to meet EPA mileage performance requirements.

Oh wait. Trump recently selected one of the EPA's greatest enemies to be the new Head of the EPA. It looks like the EPA is going to have a lot of mass firings of environmentalists after January 20th 2017 when god emperor Trump takes up the Mace and Mantle of office.

We can be like China after the superagency EPA is dismantled and defunded.

Trump is going to be the worst president ever

cant wait

T. Assmad hillary supporter

What's a cubic inch in real-world units?

No more EPA admitting Global Warming exists.

The section of NASA that collects global temperature data supporting global warming gets defunded.

Any government group that supports the global warming agenda will become unfunded and probably its leader fired. The god emperor is on the move after he takes office in January. Let the Spice flow!

Can't wait.

Let the Spice flow!

what's a liter in real world units

61.5-ish ci

>Variable Engine Displacement:
Various 4 cylinder GM cars have this feature (if you allow tongue in cheek humor). Instead of halving the number of cylinders turned off, it turns ALL of the cylinders off. ha ha

GM's Ecotec stop/start engine turns off the engine when the driver is at stop lights, stop signs, etc. This saves the gas spent while idling. When the brake pedal is let go, the engine automatically starts up again but without the long cranking of a full cold start. Whether or not the large number of start/stop cycles causes decreased engine life is still undocumented.

yeah its nice to see you optimistic for the destruction of the planet

thats the level of retardation Trump supporters have

>real units

but it already is, europoor

every unit of the imperial system is defined only by the metric system since the 1930 or smth
it's just useless

thats so europoors understand it

>GM's Ecotec stop/start engine turns off the engine when the driver is at stop lights, stop signs, etc.

Pretty sure other makes do that too, I seem to remember a BMW suddenly starting up when they took off from a stop light.

Weirdest thing to see/hear in traffic. You think the car next to you is just quietly idling along, only to hear the starter kick in once the light turns green.

Glad I don't have a car that does that. The little bit of delay would be annoying as hell.

That's why they put it on automatics since the drivers are already trained to expect nothing to happen for a few seconds after mashing the pedal onto the floor. In practice it's no different from having to wait for traction control to stop it from peglegging.

.00433 gallons

malibu's have been shit since the late 60's
why is it a big deal now

You know what's helpful is that on many urinals they put a reminder on it that 1 gallon flush means the same thing as one of those ubiquitous 3.8L V6s.

Start/stop is pretty much in every modern car and can be turned off.

it's an easy way to wear out an engine after 80k, and burn through 20 starters on the way.

2L Turbo is the best tho

>tfw 455ci engine

>why is it a big deal now
It's about EPA goals. The smaller engine weighs less and that improves MPG. Running it harder with a turbo gives it enough horsepower and also has a MPG benefit. The malibus even got rid of their spare tire and jack to save weight and improve the MPG.

>Start/stop is pretty much in every modern car and can be turned off.
The greatest amount of engine wear occurs during the start/stop process. The oil isn't really flowing and has settled down with the engine stopped.

Each time there is a stop/start cycle, I bet there is also an oil pressure spike across the oil filter. Over time, that might cause a hole to appear in the filter media of the cheaper filters or filters that aren't reinforced with a metal mesh in the pleats.

>no spare
>no jack
What the actual fuck. That weighs like nothing anyway.

I even carry a full size spare in the trunk most of the time just because fuck limping on a donut in the middle of nowhere (plus it makes a nice basket for your groceries or whatever so they don't fly around while you're getting hektic)

Global warming can't affect America, we've got God on our side.

gm and ford are stupid just stupid fucking retards. no one wants a fucking 4 cylinder family car, if they did they'd buy a damn accord a camry. stupid domestics trying to act like they make good cars and good engines like the engines. it just will never happen

but-but-but user, muh ford inline 6/300/4.9

you didn't understand

I have an Olds 455

at least theres a 2.0t

im partial to malibus because ive grown up in many, and i own one now

but one thing you learn with these cars: never get the base engine.

Friend of mine has a Hyundai Veloster, same deal on his car. No spare, no jack. If you break down, you're supposed to use the roadside assistance included in the warranty. After the warranty is up, you're on your own though.

My 2016 car came with a spare and a jack. And a funnel to help pour fuel in for whatever reason.

>they'd buy a damn accord or a camry.

Maybe they're like, trying to compete for that market or something? Like, maybe they want people to buy a Ford or GM version of a Camry or Accord instead?

>and good engines like the engines.

Well ok then.

tfw first car was a '70 Rallye 350 with dat stanky little smallblock that your dad and you fixed up. Oldsmobile master race.

then they should make good engines first, toyota and honda accomplished that first, then built a good car around the engine. domestics just spec shit out and cobble shit together and then pay everyone to say wow this is the american car that will finally compete with the camry and accord wow check it out america is number 1 again!

C6 and C7 corvettes with cylinder deactivation get better highway mileage than my ford escape ecoboost

its also what makes the 5.3L v8 in their trucks a better engine than the old 4.8

Pretty neato technology now that it seems to be working better. Bigass V8 and good mileage in a fun car? Fuck year; That's what the American Way means to me.

>im partial to malibus because ive grown up in many, and i own one now
I was buying a new car and thought between the choice of the 2016 Malibu Limited 2.5L N/A or the 2016 Malibu 2.0L turbo. The 1.4L turbo had no appeal. I chose the 2.5L N/A even though it was one generation down in interiors and weight reduction.

>C6 and C7 corvettes with cylinder deactivation get better highway mileage than my ford escape ecoboost

Yeah, my city mileage sucks. But once on the highway, the MPG change is dramatic. It's better than the EPA sticker since I drive with the same careful acceleration / decel approach I use in the city. It's too bad the city MPG is well below the EPA sticker. I was wondering if GM had managed to fool the EPA like volkswagon and audi.

>Not getting that extra 5ci for a 460
>Even in liters the number is nice: 7.5L
Or get a 420, aka 6.9

>posts worst v8

>owning a baby displacement modular
FAIL

350ci ls1 forever!

r u fuckin dumb

and still makes more power than the v8so f the smog era :^)

My motorcycle has a bigger engine, lmao

and makes less power, and is less reliable, roflmao harley cuck!

It's 346 you double nigger

>2016
>163 hp
22 thousand dollars

>1972
>Chrysler 400
>260 hp
>5 thousand dollars
twice as much car too and rwd too cuck

lol no

>2016
>163 hp
>22 thousand dollars
>safe
>good mpg
>modern luxuries

>1972
>Chrysler 400
>265 hp
>29 thousand dollars adjusted
>worse mpg
>slower
>cant turn
>uglier
>worse interior
>no luxuries
>no safety

old cars a shit 1972 isnt even smog either

>let me cherry pick this year instead!
yea lets forget the 120hp v8s :^), i said smog era btw stupid faggot

also this just to trigger delsuional muhv8 faggets roflmao

2020 pls go and stay go.

Take the 2016 car and the 1972 Chrysler 400 and drive them towards each other at 5MPH each. Delta speed 10MPH.

Results:
>2016
>0 HP
>unsafe
>no mpg
>some modern luxuries if run off battery charger

>1972
>Chrysler 400
>265HP
>some scratches in front
>infinitely more MPG than the 2016 now
>can turn much better than the 2016 now
>prettier than the 2016 which has crushed front
>able to drive circles around the 2016 now

err if the ice caps melt a lot of you are going to be swimming. But God hates California and New York anyways.

Well, call me Noah, 'cuz it looks like God hates Florida, too.

>muh crash!!!
retard

youtube.com/watch?v=xtxd27jlZ_g

>Not wanting a pristine waterside underwater property with a comfy dome home to watch the sea life around you including dolphins and manatees

What are you, some kinda cuck or something?

I'm in Wisconsin. Not only will my backyard be a dolphin preserve by the time the good LORD gets around to putting Florida under water and drowning your swamp ass, but all those missing elderly will also save Social Security

It's a win/win.

25 mpg but in real life suburbans are more economical because turbos are technically displacement on demand.

>he doesn't like transverse v8s
The type r won't come to america because we are going get v8s on fucking everything.

Jelly poorfag is mad that my bike is worth more than his car (assuming not a busrider)

I'm pretty sure the only people jealous of motorcyclists are other motorcyclists.

>If you break down, you're supposed to use the roadside assistance included in the warranty.
Even my shitbox which doesn't have a spare or jack has an electric pump and some goo you put in

i don't think they're jealous of the motorcycle, but that someone else is spending more money on a toy than they can for their primary transportation.

it's money.... jealous of money

>Made by spoiled faggot teenagers who's parents bought them a car so that they wouldnt have to buy an old cheap fun car for themselves. a car without airbags because "too dangerous" and bought them a kia for 5 x the cost. I don''t even like those mustangs but if you honestly believe it's more fun to drive a kia than a smog era v8 car, just because they are faster and handle better, you are truly a new testament to the Numale Community.

But neither of those had a 255?

>I USED to have money, but then I spent it on something nobody cares about
Nobody's jealous of that, either.

>review mirror
>>/n/

>90 cubic inch engine
What's that in real money?

>Thinking,
>Using retarded units like cubic inches
pick one

what's that in human units?

>green canada and arctica
the territories that will be lost are less than the ones gained. Vast areas of syberia woudl be regained too.
All you need to do is to invade canada. There probably is gonna be a war over arctica with russia.

>cubic inch

>cubic inches
USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

Go buy an intake you triple nigger.

Being this poor...

GM hate thread?
GM hate thread.

Hi my name is Control Arm and this is my buddy Ball Joint. We work together to keep your car riding smooth. But Ball Joint unfortunately wont live forever and because GM made me and Ball Joint into one part it means it means that when Ball Joint dies I will have to go with him. I wish I knew why GM hates me and my control arm brothers so much. :( #ControlArrmsLivesMatter

Hi my name is Exhaust Headers and this is my buddy Catalytic Converter. We work together to keep keep those nasty exhaust fumes under control. But Catalytic Converter unfortunately wont live forever and because GM made me and Catalytic Converter into one part it means it means that when Catalytic Converter dies I will have to go with him. I wish I knew why GM hates me and my exhaust header brothers so much. :( #Exhaust HeaderLivesMatter

I'm just a bill.
Yes, I'm only a bill. And I'm sitting here on Capitol Hill. Well, it's a long, long journey To the capital city. It's a long, long wait While I'm sitting in committee, But I know I'll be a law someday At least I hope and pray that I will, But today I am still just a bill.

>I wish I knew why GM hates me and my exhaust header brothers so much.
Because a to meet new regulations, you want a cat as close as possible to the exhaust manifold, and making them into two pieces wouldn't flow as nice.

Also everyone does this, fuck, some E46s have 3 separate cats in the header.

>We can be like China after the superagency EPA is dismantled and defunded.

you mean we can have a robust manufacturing base and therefore regain the place in the world that we lost when we freely gave away the backbone of our economy?

You mean we can attempt to enter a second golden age of automobiles that aren't all crushed into soulless by the numbers safety bubbles and actually return to having different cars for different segments of the market instead of trying to force one size fits all regulations?

cool!

I'd rather go out with a bang than with a whimper.

Nobody lives forever, and nothing lasts forever.

people will say, "B-BUH THE CHILDREN, WHAT WILL YOU LEAVE YOUR CHILDREN?"

and I say to that, what would you rather leave your children:

A country where the economy is garbage and everyone is poor, constantly having to work several low end jobs at a time to barely break even, unless you are able to pay the outstanding price of college and then MAYBE have a small chance at entering a slightly higher tier wageslave job, (and forget entrepreneurship unless you have tons of money to start with and enjoy regulations fucking you in the ass and micromanaging what you can and cant do) and every little small joy in life you could think of taking solace in is also overregulated and taxed to the point where it is no longer enjoyable,

or, a strong economy where you can make a living off of an industrial sector job, and the rules are loose to allow for people to take a risk on a business, or where an auto company can take a risk and make something interesting without fearing uncle sam's dildo because they didn't include enough spots where pedestrians can sleep on the hood, and the government in general, stays out of your life as long as you follow the laws and the economy keeps chugging along.

"muh trees" will never be an argument because places like China and india pollute far more and worse than we ever did, and will continue to do so because there is absolutely no way of countering the fact that they are classified as "developing nations" and are therefore exempt from rules. And every other third world shithole is sure to eventually follow suit and follow their model. So all our environmental policy, accomplishes is contribute to our gimping ourselves and giving everyone else an advantage.

you can have environmental protection AND loosen the noose on things like cars and factories

Came here to post this.

Theres always one assmad kid.