Final Fantasy XV

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11889102/r
youtube.com/watch?v=gl1YmecbvBY
uk.ign.com/articles/2015/08/31/pax-2015-versus-13-was-20-25-done-before-it-became-final-fantasy-15
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I love Ignis!

2nd for prompto!

Whats the deal with airplane food am I right? I mean COME ON!

best fantasy

2.8 has DDD and a tech demo.
XV will always be superior.

There's the best girl! Look at that smile.

Checked

Beautiful, hugable, sweet little Iris~

best boss

strawpoll.me/11889102/r

Keep those votes rolling in.

Think she and Luna used to have "lessons" before? Gentiana probably taught her how to please a man on their first wedding night.

WAKE UP AMERICA

>tfw this game sparked a giantess fetish in me

mostly because I got blueballed for a giant shiva but this statue does fine too

>a boy has more votes than her

ca-caw

Apologise

there needs to be a XIII-2 like arena where you can repeat boss fights

>Finally made it through the bullshit that was Costlemark
>Jabberwock is piss easy

The fuck. At least the sword is choice. Also, are there any models or artwork of the cast out yet? I want to get a closer look at the Astrals' designs. And Shiva.

don't tell me what to do

>no loli luna option

>variety of moves
>reacts to your hits
>can have an awesome air battle with her

She set the bar too high honestly and the rest of the game's story bosses ended up disappointing.

>/v/ Hate Lighting
>but /v/ loves Aranea aka Lighting with Platinum Blonde hair

Here is best waifu fighting Ifrit to celebrate the strawpoll.

youtube.com/watch?v=gl1YmecbvBY

friendly reminder for "muh tabata" fags

>the only meaningful progress versus 13 ever made was cg trailers and the one tech demo; that was it
>the project was repeatedly shelved not just because of ff13/14, but also due to pervasive tech limitations with the last-gen consoles
>the ff15 reveal trailer was just a target render of what they wanted the game to look like. there wasn't actually any game yet, as they'd only just begun to restart the project
>you know how kh's plot ran away with itself? the ff15 of 2013 had 7 years to grow out of control, into a massively overambitious concept that the team was beginning to pitch as a trilogy
>meanwhile, squeenix management wasn't convinced that even the one game was worth the cost, especially with kh3 and ff7 remake in development
>when tabata was promoted, he and his team were given only 3 years to build an entire engine and game out of ^this clustershit, under threat that it might be the last big-budget final fantasy ever made if it doesn't perform

i don't like several of the decisions they made with sidequests and navigation, but i genuinely can't blame them for putting the resources they had into the road trip - which turned out to be the best part of the game - instead of making a kh clone or another corridor ff to service the story

i don't like that their solution to budget/time issues was invariably "it happened offscreen," but i genuinely can't blame them for wanting to ship a complete story no matter the cost, in case the game didn't perform to management's expectations and they'd never get the chance to follow up with a sequel

no amount of artistic genius could satisfy 10 years of steadily-accumulating fanboy headcanon. that doesn't mean ignoring 15's problems, but it also doesn't warrant scapegoating one guy, or even the team, for trying to salvage what they could under impossible restrictions

>nobutt.jpg
square really hate butts

besto garl

I know /v/'s lack of taste in waifu's would make them pick Aranea but least she should be able to beat Luna
C'mon guys!

Irisqueeris are coming back

>Aaaaaaaaallll that flair just to be blocked
>Still undeterred
Figure when. I'd buy a PAK of her

Completely different personality

Dats pretty cool.

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIII KAWAIISHIKAO

Is there something to getting Aranea to appear or do I really just have to get lucky while running in and out of a daemon fight

>Iris now in second place
Yes!

Irisfags just overtook the Gentifags! Absolute fucking savagery!

>>the only meaningful progress versus 13 ever made was cg trailers and the one tech demo; that was it
It had a finished script, lots of music, and numerous concept areas, which could have been the bulk of the planning finished.
uk.ign.com/articles/2015/08/31/pax-2015-versus-13-was-20-25-done-before-it-became-final-fantasy-15
>>the project was repeatedly shelved not just because of ff13/14, but also due to pervasive tech limitations with the last-gen consoles
Mmm
>>the ff15 reveal trailer was just a target render of what they wanted the game to look like. there wasn't actually any game yet, as they'd only just begun to restart the project
Untrue
>>you know how kh's plot ran away with itself? the ff15 of 2013 had 7 years to grow out of control, into a massively overambitious concept that the team was beginning to pitch as a trilogy
I don't see how that excuses Tabata making a shit game
>>meanwhile, squeenix management wasn't convinced that even the one game was worth the cost, especially with kh3 and ff7 remake in development
FF7R hadn't even begun its planning stages when FFXV was halfway through development
>>when tabata was promoted, he and his team were given only 3 years to build an entire engine and game out of ^this clustershit, under threat that it might be the last big-budget final fantasy ever made if it doesn't perform
They were given 3.5, a huge budget, a shitload of concept pieces, a finished script, assets, a soundtrack, and then decided to make something else anyway. FFV13 was 25% finished when it was changed to FFXV, and FFXV uses a lot of those assets.

You need to admit that you a bitch and that you need a strong independent woman in yo life.

Iris>Gentiana>Aranea>Promopto>Cidney>Shit>Luna

>This game is indeed a Final Fantasy
>Sakaguchi finally got his wished fulfilled
>Mainline FF is now officially DED
Feels good, man.

>Aranea is a glitch away from being a full time party member
>we won't actually ever get her as one because muh faggot roadtrip feeling or because it would be too much fucking work even though they're willing to add new fucking cutscenes

I can't wait until XV comes out on PC and we get Cor and Aranea mods in the first month.

lightning
>bitter cunt
>incapable of speaking in anything but insults, faux-operatic platitudes, and power-of-friendship glurge
>relentlessly forced down our throats, along with her mediocre-to-shitty games
>physics-defying void in place of an ass

aranea
>outwardly tough, but with a cute and playful side
>effortless banter with the party
>always a welcome surprise when she shows up to help
>amazing body

Alright dicklords, I just rented this PoS, I'm about an hour in.

When does it pick up? We have another
>lol just wait 20 hours
Like 13 or what?

>Nobody likes Luna

The polls don't like bitch nigga. Take your shit tastes elsewhere.

I do, but I admit they did a pretty shit job on handling her character. Hopefully the new cutscenes in the future make it up for it.

I don't blame Tabata or Nomura.
I blame the higher ups for keeping the game at lowest priority up until they desperately needed money.

I cared more about Ignis losing his sight than Luna dying

Why would they?
Iris is cute, Gentiana is ara-ara and Aranea is awsome.

There is no point to Luna.

that ugly character design

>I blame the higher ups for keeping the game at lowest priority up until they desperately needed money.
I don't think they believe in the project, personally. The way that last year they dropped the FF7R bomb, and the way that there's been a lot of low budget spin offs/ports in the last few years makes me believe they were expecting XV to bomb and needed to supplement their income.

>Gentifags come back for an upset
Pure madness!

Why is there multiple? Is there a lore reason?

Denim is pretty thick user.

>she died a virgin

The cutest!

Just how she is. Like in XIII

>one Shiva / Gentiana
>seven Shiva / Gentiana

We don't need no lore here.

Harem fantasies, duh

Why would anyone give a shit about her when only has 2 seconds of screen time and looks like a potato

>FFXV has been out for just over 2 weeks
>Threads already regressed back to waifu shitposting instead of actual discussion

it's a xenogears situation

the first half is very good and seems like it's setting up an amazing game, but then they ran out of time/budget and it turns to shit until the ending

don't leave the open world in chapter 8 until you're completely done with it; you can go back any time, but story events make it difficult to get back into the camping-and-questing mindset

They were probably the messengers that spoke to humanity on behalf of the gods, an in-game book states there were 24.

Somewhere along the development they just dropped the whole thing and kept seven shivas an that was that

>virgin

I guess chapter 3 and onwards?

She's boring desu
Noct should have chosen Iris

If you don't enjoy it after 5 hours, just turn it off. It doesn't get better, it gets worse.

Well, this game has nothing to discuss other than Waifus and Husbando, user.

Noctis did, too. I guess they could at least enjoy themselves as much as they want in the afterlife.

Who justice monsters five here?

>>Threads already regressed back to waifu shitposting instead of actual discussion
You must be new here

no it's not, you've never seen good looking asses before do you?

WHEN?
WHERE?
HOW?
Does Gladdy approve?

Just saying, usually we get at least a solid month of discussing games before the Veeky Forums waifu fags completely derail threads.

It started with waifuposting with some light discussion, to a bunch of days of legit discussion with minimal waifuposting, then to shitpost central of how much XV sucks, and then back to waifuposting.

What would you discuss? Don't say something dumb like "gameplay". You just play the game, you don't have to discuss gameplay unless you're having trouble with a part of the game or it's a multiplayer game.

They gave us zero reasons to. She has barely any screen time and when she does its boring. She is barely a character. She's just tuff every scene. I can barely describe her because I have nothing to work with.

Nah.

> no ass

Can we make poll for worst waifufags? My vote for irispedos.

gladio is the who makes him pick the flowers and give them to her

It's his fucking idea.
And Noctis keeps botching it.

Iris and Gentiana are tied up. No one can even touch Aranea.

It's just the usual irisfags who like to self insert themselves into Noctis to justify their lust for her even though Noctis has zero interest in Iris.

So it's clear that, in terms of strength, it starts out

1. Lightning (by way of being a goddess or some shit)
2. Noctis

Where do the other FF protags fall?

>Cidneyfag faces
The whole two of them.