Strengthen my conviction!

suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=232973499&ambitCountry=DE&scopeId=C&isSearchRequest=true&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&zipcode=86161&zipcodeRadius=100&makeModelVariant1.makeId=20100&makeModelVariant1.modelId=12&pageNumber=1&action=eyeCatcher

Should I pull the trigger on this badboy, I will be back in my hometown for christmas and plan on getting my transaxle fix.
I've fallen in love with the 944 designwise, have read good stuff about their buildquality and reliability if taken proper care of.
I'm planning to contact a porsche mechanic recommended by a friend to have it looked at before buying.

any anons with experience in 944s? I really want one, sadly the S2 models exploded in price.

Anything I should look out for? Do all 944s have powersteering and ABS?

Other urls found in this thread:

ww3.autoscout24.de/classified/293347492?fl_cs=1&asrc=st|as
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bumperino

>have read good stuff about their buildquality and reliability

Just buying one on it's own? In the US generally 944s are purchased in lots of 3, because that's about how many you need to keep one running with 2 parts donors

Assuming Europe, at least parts should be a bit cheaper and more easily available.
Also apparently the transaxle from a B5 Passat/A4 fits and works.

nomen est omen eh?

it can't be THAT bad can it? I'll see what the mechanic has to say about common issues, I know the timing belts have to be changed religiously every 20-25k km but other than that the engines are quite sturdy.

The engine isn't usually the problem, iirc. It's everything else (except the body, which was rust-proofed really well).

ls swap it

engine and body are the key parts aren't they, i don't give too much of a shit if the dashboard cracks a bit or other smaller shit, it's a 30 year old car after all. those minor problems wouldn't break me financially

There's lots of stuff besides the engine, and especially the 30 year old electronics are a fucking pain.

>Power steering and abs
Manual rack is hard to find on the later cars. Abs is the last years and s/s2 models

>lots of 3
Lol'd but not totally fair. Usually people see one for cheap but don't know how to look for why it's so cheap and buy heaps of shit.

The issues (if water pump and belts are maintained) are the electrical systems being old and beaten up, and the early Bosch motronic EFI. I'm pretty certain after my experiences that most of the issues that get people stuck with 944s are related to the ecu.

If you've got the cash OP don't buy a car without records. The interiors do go to shit. I ripped mine out because track car.

Thanks for the helpful info, I'll check the car out before christmas, will report back.

OP here, let's assume my budget gets a good spike due to a cash-out on a company-based lifeinsurance.

what about the 968, they keep the aesthetic of the 944(flipups, chassis, etc.) but deliver much more of the modern comforts.

I'm in my mid 20s, not a rookie driver but would a 968 offer a more comfortable experience, are there less issues with repairs, i was planning to make this next car i buy the first one I'll do my own jobs on(within certain limits), so far all I did was change tires and fill up fluids(cooling and windshieldwipers).

ww3.autoscout24.de/classified/293347492?fl_cs=1&asrc=st|as

grateful for any input.

968's are very cool but I have no direct experience other than riding in and driving a couple so I can't speak for repairs etc.

Being that you're shopping in Germany I'd say that's a solid idea. Over here they are pricey because they are rare. The rules remain the same, get an inspection and buy a car with service history.

I
Good luck!

ugly
heavy
slow

literally why. if you want a porsche, but are a poorfag just save for a 996.

>opinion stated as fact

Go shit up somewhere else

>996
>not buying a 986 Boxster with a blown engine for next to nothing and dropping in a Carrera engine

It's not an opinion. They are objectively shit. underpowered, needlessly complicated, heavy. They are also looked down on. (rightfully)

Sure, anything but a heavy old shitbox.

>opinion stated as fact

Keep proving my point.

Do you think if you keep saying that over and over it changes reality?
Save for a real porsche you cringy redditor.

Actually no, I am pointing out the fault in your shitposting.

>tells me to save up for a real Porsche
This is how I know you have no knowledge of p cars. I am certain you have never driven one.
I'm a member of the biggest chapter of pca in the country. Nobody looks down on transaxles.

I also (spoiler) own a 997S.

So tell me again why I should listen to a 400lb neckbeard busrider about what an "objective" argument about porsches?

faggot porsche "elitists" are the worst

no reply for almost 3 hours
i'd call that btfo kek

nice porsche user

>Nobody looks down on transaxles.

What the fuck are you blabbering about you absolute fucktard. All porsche have transaxles.

kys normie

also your car is a shit grocery getter

lol while you are technically correct, most Porsche guys refer to the 80s/90s FR cars as the transaxles.

>Your new is showing

Also

>he mad