Whyamievenlife

It failed its compression test...

Hold me, Veeky Forums

quickly buy an LS7 crate engine. Or 2JZ. Or SR20. Build it to last, get more power, never think again about that high revving, torqueless rotary magic.

just rebuild it you fag

why would you buy a car with a known problematic engine if you cant fix or maintain it yourself

Why make a car known to have a problematic engine

Get the fuck out of here. I was going to buy an 8 with the full intent of being able to maintain it. The 8 I've been looking at for a month now just failed its test, and I'm not willing to buy a timebomb that's nearly exploded.

The RENESIS isn't that bad. The premix meme actually works, as does the Mazda-zoom engine cleaner. It's just people didn't know that.

SOHN adapters are magic too. There are plenty of people in 8's over 150k miles, but they've maintained them incredibly well.

maybe they didn't know when they were building it :^)

If it's not your car then it's not a big deal. Jesus

atleast some old bitch didnt decide to want to smash into you

It's kind of a big deal when you've had your heart set on something.

There are not many of these cars in my area that are even in decent condition aesthetically. Most are smashed up, riced out, or just plain not running. So excuse me for being disappointed. I'm going to drink now.

Ok fag

You whine like a woman who's considering as many 'what if's' as possible

You'll get there user! Why not the 7? That ass is to die for.

Well then keep looking. No point getting hung up on a car that wasn't yours, that's how bad purchases are made. Pick yourself up and keep looking. I've spent 6 months searching for semi decent cars and it always pays off

>mommy didn't hug me

Jesus Christ, the projection.

I wanted to import a '97 FD a few years back but you just can't do it that here in the US until the 25 year law takes effect. The EPA won't allow it because we are secretly commies.

>everything i don't like is communism
when will the cold war era end in america

>being on Veeky Forums
>defending the EPA

wew lad

That sucks man. Did insurance help you out?

25 year ban was never because of the EPA. It had a large part to with dealerships, and their markups on imported vehicles being so high that it was actually worth it to purchase foreign and have it imported.
>Da joos

Except that played their part and are one of the largest factors as to why you can't import vehicles under 25 years old to this day.

>being this factually illiterate

where else but Veeky Forums

>2JZ
Worst option by far. Too heavy.

Mercedes Benz USA literally was the org that lobbied for that law. The EPA is one of the organizations that controls the mechanisms of federalization, but they are not the only organization that does so, and they are not the organization that enforces the import ban or the organization that wrote the import ban rules.

Congress did it, not the EPA, and the USDOT controls more of the bureaucracy that makes federalization not something that citizens can do with their own resources.

Blaming the EPA is like blaming the bag boy at the grocery store for the cost of your groceries. He contributes very little to the problem.

Rotary rebuilds are like $1k? People say theyre easy as making a lego castle.

>It failed its compression test...
we warned you

Renesis a sHIT

literally the ugliest rotary mazda ever produced (shittiest one too)

google rx-5

Wow I thought you had already purchased this car. Quit complaining user there's more RX-8's out there. Hop back on the horse. I'll never find a decent condition RX-7 but I'm not crying about it.

A 2JZ is going to cost you anywhere from 2.5k - 4k. That is without the turbos. It would be cheaper to get a rebuild on the rotary.

Lolwut. Non turbo 2jz cheap af, TT 2jz can be had for under 4500, but don't think you're gonna find a well modified one for those prices

Good job, OP. You avoided buying a super-shitty one.

Now, you can take your time and get one that won't die on you instantly.

You're dumb as shit. This is the perfect opportunity. Find out where the closest rotary mechanic is and find out what he charges for a rebuild. Probably around $1000 or less. Use that to bargain the guy down over $500.

You end up with a nice car and basically a brand new apex seals that you know has only ever been under your proper care.

I'm considering an RX8 purchase and specifically looking for a clean one that has compression issues or is smoking.

This, use the fucked engine to bring the price down and just rebuild the engine or have it done for you. It's not like youre buying this as your new dd right?

He can absolutely use it as a dd. AFTER he has the engine rebuilt.

Hopefully he's not looking for a DD because his former just ate shit. In that case, buy an old corolla or civic. Any car guy with the space should have a beater corolla or civic that he can depend on in times of need.

How to find rotary Mechanic?

wtf did you expect? Yes that's a loaded hypothetical question because wtf man. There's a reason used RX8s are a dime a dozen

>worst option

rotates are easy to rebuild
the only hard bit is getting the shit apart and the timing or what ever the fuck its called

>i never owned a rotary but intend to buy one one day

Literally everyone on the internet claims something cost a quarter to a fifth of the actual cost to fix something or mod when it comes to their automotive bias. A reputable shop wont do it at that price. Maybe if you did it all by yourself and you already own the tools and garage space to do it.

The irony is palpable

a rebuild kit is 1k minimum
the average shop experienced with rotaries will probably charge 2k for the parts and at least 2k for labor

u wot?

>They're easy to rebuild!
>I never owned a rotary
All right you might be trying to help but fuck right off. Don't regurgitate things you've heard unless you have firsthand experience.

>It's kind of a big deal when you've had your heart set on something.

That is the worst possible way to go about buying a disposable mass-produced consumer product.

It's fine to have toys, but NEVER go shopping hungry. It's just a car. They make hundreds of millions of cars.

Don't worry. They will never make it again :)