/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Clerk Beast Edition

The nameless old thread beckoned by Laurence and his associates: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

HONOR TO CAINHURST.

FIRST FOR PURGE FILTH

Ahhhhhh

PUT THE BLOOD ADDLED HUNTERS TO REST, LEST THEY SUCCUMB TO THEIR OWN MADNESS

BLOWN THE FUCK OUT, church wiener.

Binding jump, roll and sprint to the same button was a mistake...

>One time out of literally dozens of threads

Be happy with your small victory while I report your avatarfagging ass.

Hi /bbg/

I have to be more trophy before platinum, already beat DLC with main character, but I am wondering if it is faster to beat the game with a new character or continue through with NG+3? I remember how everything had massive health spikes in NG+ and that slowed me down a bit until I leveled up further

You have to what more trophy before platinum?
Might be easier, and more fun, to just do NG, that way you can try out a different build while you're at it.

thanks for the advice guys, starting this build out now, looking forward to zipping around with Old Hunter Bone and BoM

Last couple questions then i swear i'll stop
What rune setup do you use for BoM/Rakuyo on a pure skill build? Weapon and Personal Runes
And is there a way to cheese the rapetrain hunter early so i can get my BoM?

Then purge yourself.

Sorry, one more ending trophy.

fuckin kek'd

I kinda wanna make a gunslinger build that uses nothing but Reiterpallash R2's, Evelyn, and repeating pistol.
Is there anyway to do with without being a scummy shitter fuck? Maybe a co-op twink only build.

I'd just rush NG in that case, since it's fast enough and will likely give you the least amount of trouble. You could probably do it all in one day.

>some lonely, fat faggot has meticulously saved and named a bunch of anime reaction pictures to "strengthen" his opinions on the videogame discussing part of an mongolian falconeering chatroom.

I'm only a little mad, I swear

I have an arc build that could've used this

I use the reiter, loch shield, hunter's torch and burial blade, with 15% HP, 10% HP, +3 bullets on VAs. For BoM or Rakuyo you might use guidance instead of oedon's writhe.

I guess you could use poison knives and keep avoiding his attacks with the chikage that will also drain his life, and finish him off when he is low on life (possibly on the stairs to make it easier to dodge).

>One Abortion covers the entire arena in sticky cum
>no escape
>die in 3 ticks

What the fuck?

In most cases, the best rune setup is Clockwise 3, Clockwise 2 and Anti-Clockwise 3, though in your case you could probably afford to replace the Anti-Clockwise with something to get benefits out of viscerals.

>All urns in yharnam are made of solid concrete and bolted to the ground, thus proving impossible to topple or simply run through, however, they are imbued with an enchantment causing them to break from the slighest hit, just as long as that hit isn't from running into it.

BRILLIANT GAME DESIGN!

This happened to me for the first time the other day, (third time through the game), is there any way to avoid it?

>Don't hate vilefags
>Realise only weebs like them
>Hate vilefags now
Woah…so this is the power of bbg

There is no way you won't get fucked into a higher plane by crowsteel if you're new. Gitgud

You can roll into them bro.

Iknow, but the times when you run into them and they just stop you dead in your tracks ticks my autism. It looks so fucking stupid.

I first tried Crowsteel on my first playthrough, albeit a bit overleveld and with a strength build.
Crowsteel ain't shit, just gotta watch out for that fucking gun of his.

Looking stupid is not the worst thing, I'm pretty sure you can't break things by backstepping into them, so you can get stuck when trying to dodge and get fucked.

Sometimes it's better to just tank one of his gunshots, if he roll catches you it's an instakill.

Empty chalice full of fun here.

Explore it and attain vast treasures.

Any tips for Father Gascoigne when he goes beast mode?

God I fucking hate Chikage so damn much
>Yeah lets make it so it's transformed state constantly drains your health, but not with any noticeable damage increase over other weapons at the same upgrade/attribute levels.

Use the music box for a free visceral. You can also parry him easily or watch him melt to molotovs.

Chikage is honestly not very good. The only thing it has going for it is the unzip, which does actually impressive damage, but it's the actual only move worth using. Doesn't help that it hits like a noodle untricked even with high skill.

>WOW, A TRADEOFF FOR INCREDIBLE UNZIPS OF 9K DAMAGE

Do you get mad when the enemies deal damage to you aswell?

>Hit him a lot of times real fast
>Dodge his attacks

How can a weapon be so perfect?
>that delicious damage
>STRONK
>fast blade that isn't edgy for those few occasions
>smash
>that ridicolous tricked R1L1L1L1 combo, it even has humor
>isn't gay meme weapon for edgy faggots
>isn't top tier mlg weapon that attracts self proclaimed "pro's" that just get flattened by kirk anyways

Fuck, I love Kirk so much.

Unzip only works if you're fighting an enemy that doesn't move around a lot and it's damage is sub par otherwise.
But guess what has a lot of health and moves around a lot? Any difficult boss.

Agreed. It's absolutely amazing

If you see him starting to vomit, fucking leg it for the the sides of the arena, it only covers the floor, get inside the arches

It's pretty spoopy to explore, seven enemies in total, that one vast dark area freaked me out, second layer I think.

Kos or Kosm, bbg?

Can someone help me kill ludwig? Getting real tired of his phase 2. Phase 1 is easy for me at this point, but his "HA this attack was actually delayed! Now this one was quick!" is getting on my nerves.
Pass: bbg
I'll be at the fog gate.

KOSM
O
S
MSOK

that's some tough shit, dude.

>kill micolash aggresivly because I can't be assed to play like a PUSSYYYYYYY
>get stabbed by skelly while micolash whines about waking up
>have to kill him all over again

MAJESTIC!

Surely it's Kos.

I'm on my way, user, ldmmd boot up

ringle dingle outside rom

potayto, potato

Kos.

The nightmare swirls and churns unending!

>killed gascoine first time on my first playthrough
>have now died 6 times to him, running out of vials

what the fuck am i doing

I got killed... again
This time he had a empty life bar, but I assume he had like 2 hp left, I thought he was dead, he got up and tentacled me while I was scratching my balls in victory...
This is sad.

missing parries

>first time fighting gascoigne
>fight him like i'm playing dark souls, struggle valiantly
>use literally all of my vials but get him first time
>second time fighting gascoigne
>parry him a couple times
>he's dead
>takes literally a minute
let go of your dark souls

i'll suck a dick for some help with rom

Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow, yet insidious killer.

I'm there user, I'm ringing.

i'll suck a dick for Sony to unban me so I can sign in to PSN and help you

What did you do?

How did you get banned?

how did you get banned user

I sent dickpics to underage CoD kids.

Not entirely sure since I did a couple days ago but I think there are 3 runes in my cursed ihyll chalice, 2 guaranteed and some great one coldblood.

Bosses are watchers, beast-possessed soul, and bloodletting beast

Glyph: yme9sw2h

that'll get you every time

How can one weapon be so incredibly good at literally everything?

pretty much yeah
yeah i always forget just how agressive he is

i'm guessing that everyone else thinks rom is a boring, shitty fight as well since absolutely nobody is picking up the bell

RIP grigori
Thanks though, we got him. Your sacrifice was not in vain.

>dodge small spiders
>hit big spider

Yeah she's pretty shit

>Modem stops working
>Comcast sends me a new modem
>Comcast ties IPs to the modem you have, so I get a new IP
>This new IP is banned from PSN
>Getting a new modem would cost money and might not fix the problem

From the research I did, apparently Comcast will hand out duplicate IP addresses to loads of people. Like a single IP address might have a couple thousand different users. And the most likely explanation for why I'm IP banned is that some fuckass with the same IP as me got botnetted and used in a DDoS against SONY.

tl;dr bullshit

god i fucking hate the shit out of rom. what a garbage fucking fight

What are the brain patients weak to?

That's absolute bullshit. Sorry to hear, user. I'm guessing Sony customer support wasn't convinced, though?

>Lady Maria, I'm a robin!
>Will I ever curl up and become an egg?
that qt as fuck

At least I got to see him die

Yeah, that was a bad way to go. He'll be remembered.

desu I haven't been playing that much PS4 lately, so I haven't bothered calling them. I'll probably call them over the weekend, since I'm getting back into Bloodborne and would like to be able to play online. From what I've heard from other people with this problem, it can take a week or more for it to get fixed even after contacting support, and then you'll just randomly get banned again later.

You need to gitgud m8. Lrn2unzip like a pro

Test

You failed.
See me after class.

Valtr is a beast eater. What do beasts taste like? Beef?

Is it me or is DaS3 way harder than BB? Maybe because BB was my first souls game but god damn, I cannot get used to this combat system at all. Fighting is slow as fuck, enemies hit really hard and at strange intervals, blocking seems forced... Ugh. Not enjoying.

With all their muscle-mass, I bet they taste like tough jerky. Kin on the other hand might taste like blueberry jelly.

Speeds of enemies and the p;layer seem a bit wonky, some enemies flail around like absolute madmen while you feel slow as fuck. Dogs,as ever, are the worst fucking thing.

i think BB is the hardest souls game ironically. switching between the two franchises is really hard for me due to the differences between quickstep and roll. feels like the iframes kick in way sooner in BB, and the overall animation length is much shorter. maybe it's not all that different, but it fucks with me

Post femboy sliders OwO

BB is an ACTIONrpg. Dark Souls is an actionRPG

How fem do you want your boys?

Anything from twink to full blown trap is fine

Dodges are invulnerable on the first frame in every Souls game, just total number of i-frames and recovery time changes.

BB has 11 i-frames IIRC, whereas DkS3 has like 16 or some stupid shit. Basic fast roll in DkS3 is better than ninja flip from DkS1.

I find DkS3 to be the second-easiest Souls game after DeS, but it clicks with my playstyle a lot. Same thing with Bloodborne. DkS2, on the other hand, fucks me up so hard. Crowd control and positioning don't matter because everything has tons of poise and huge hitboxes with perfect tracking. Roll timing is really all that matters, and everything in DkS2 has awkward delays meant to throw off your dodge timing.

That, and attacks in DkS2 have shittons more recovery than in every other game in the series, which is really hard to adjust to if you come to it from another game.

Does item discovery only increase that chance of something dropping or does it also effect the rarity of what drops too?

Just the chance of it dropping, not rarity