/ORG/ - almost snow climb time edition

Welcome to Off Road General where everyone who is not on a road is welcome.

>except jeepfags
(jk even you guys too

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gVmN7YSXF0E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

posting sick 80s

...soon

you do the rubicon?

Bring it on winter

>tfw no winter yet

more details pls! looks exciting

>tfw no snow to cruise in yet

>tfw no snow
>tfw scared of rust tho

Rust is fun though

Swapping a 400 big block from a 78 power wagon into my 93 w150

it doesn't snow in the south

>mfw it hasn't snowed where I'm from since the 80s and what did fall immediately melted
>mfw I've seen snow probably 5 or 6 times
>mfw I'm a 2003 Tacoma

quads of trooth

WHAT HAPPENED WHEN RESIZING THE PICTURE. That's enough posting for one night.

Test.
>snow picc
>first to stop the trail

>since the 80s
>2003 tacoma
Heh. Also, what did you eat before you bought the taco?

Before the taquito I was on a strict diet of walking/hiking

Missing a couple cylinders user

I only count five
haha
inline five
haha
twenty five teen plus one
haha
faggot

I didn't know busriders and legcucks could evolve in only the span of two decades.

Anyone here offroad a full size bronco before? I used to be a jeep tj fag now I own a 87 bronco for work and kinda got the itch to take her off road

Toyota-fag checking in

Reporting in. Pic taken from a couple days ago. Snowing like a banshee outside ATM though, wish I wasn't busy this weekend :-(

I wish these were still up here! Most of them went the way of by now. They don't call it the rust belt for nothing

I bought a '93 Pajero GLX V6 NH with 128,000kms for 3000 Kangaroo dollars.

Apart from roof racks and bash plates it is pretty much stock.

Was it worth it? And what are some good off road upgrades I should be looking at first?

DELETE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

>those tattered jeans
>that dirty white shirt
>doing an engine swap
you are living the dream user

Rust is Love
Rust is Life

Agreed

spun bearing
hasnt left the garage in 2 years.

im going to rebuild the engine soon
id rather sell it after but my dad wants to keep it for some reason.

I'm too busy to use it much. dont like driving all the way to alpine to ocotillo.

It's a magnificent process, it truly showcases the mystery and beauty of nature

That's actually my brother but my attire was very similar

How much would you ask for it?

No idea. Idk what they are worth.
Less than what's in it that's for sure. Plus the sentimental value.
But, I'm probably never going to spend the $5k to make it what I want it to be, so it's kind of a pointless waste of garage space you know.

My friend from /n/ called me "cager filth"
I frankly welcome this term since after-market roll cages and how we welcome filth on our vehicles.

Also filthy:

bumping, where u guys at

view of ocean from the same trail

youtube.com/watch?v=gVmN7YSXF0E

just watched that, ronney is a homie

yes

The resident Toyotaphiles have scared away all other posters from posting content. Now /org/ is the same few fags posting the same shit every thread.

Working on some final projects today for school

Is this by Julian?

How's the conversion on the Wahmbulance going?

Washing salt and snow from my winch. Going up north this time of year is surreal since it's already winter condition North of Barrie and when you get down south into Toronto, it's like Autumn again with the dry, salt-less roads.

10 cm of snow for Toronto on Monday though which means 15-20 cm up north. Wew! can't wait to hear the crunch of the tyres against deep snow again.

What happens if you stall your car when in engine exhaust deep water?

I stalled when it hit a rock that I didn't see underwater but immediately restarted the engine and it was fine. I think the water level just reached the door seals and I was blowing bubbles from the exhaust. It drives fine right now but has some random engine lug moments.

no.

i'd love a completely over-the-top modified land cruiser like this, it's just so unnecessary for where i live

Not unnecessary since if you only have little pebbles and shallow water, you'll be able to rush through that paths going 40 where everyone else in their stock Jeeps will be trying navigate it at 15-20. Quick rollies.

Looks like you pushed it back out before it did any damage. Remember to crawl.
S L O W R O L L I N G

Sounds like you might have a cylinder misfire occasionally. That's otay. OBD read it and change the spark plug or two.

>now its this
>it used to be that
>man cant we just go back to the old days !!11!!!!221!!!!!

fuck off faggot this thread has existed for like 3 weeks. were still working the kinks out. kys.

Best ORG stickers?
I ordered four of these and they said they'd arrive 6 days ago.

>angre

>classy waifu sticker without the cancer
Fuck I didn't even know that was possible. Good job, tay.

Only ragheads drive Land Cruisers

m e r c e d e s 6 x 6 g w a g e n
no rich saudi king would be caught dead in a "toyota" plebian mobile.

Also, I really like your huge fucking winch clamp. Is that IFS I see?

Which version of a 400 was a big block, presuming it's a Chev? I know of the Small block, but that's it.

Ah Scratch That. Just Realised Its A First Gen Ram

Not my truck unfortunately, not ifs but portal axles

Selling cars is hard. Nice guy yj guy is too nice and honest and that turns people off.

>that smile
you're putting the brakes on my heart, user
does it look like the yj is gon' go on monday? things looking up?

no, but the guy selling the truck is a real nice guy and might give me more time, I don't want to ask him for it though, it wouldn't necessarily be a respectful thing to do seeing he already gave me about one and a half weeks.

It wouldn't but you gotta deal with those people somehow.
Remember that there will always be better deals but also that you will never talk to these people again so you don't really have to be ueber nice to them. Pretend they're NPCs or something. If they give you something, then take it.

true, I feel what you mean, but if i'm disrespectful I think my chances lower and this is a very specific truck that I for a variety of reasons. So in short, yes but no haha. I'm torn

plus extended cabs are super rare and i'm 6'3, I don't fit in single cab trucks, it just doesn't work.

My mud terrains were pretty shit in the snow last year, so I'm thinking about buying dedicated snow tires. Is there anything that will work well in the snow, but still be decent off road? I won't be doing a ton of off roading over the winter, and when I do, I imagine the trails will be pretty snowy anyway, so I think they'd perform pretty well in both situations.

Right now I'm thinking 265/75/R15 Firestone Winterforce UV on my old 15x7 D windows.

Fuck. That was you who posted that query on how not to offroad with 40 year old blumpkins...
And their kids. (best double post I've ever seen, btw. That fucking face)

Anyway, don't be rude to them, lmao. But if they give you something (like time or energy), then fucking take it and reciprocate and keep them happy.

You clearly would be very happy with the trucc. So I say this with the nicest way possible, please don't self cucc. Get the YJ out the door and make yourself happy.

I'm 6'4" and have loads of room in my single cab with lots of room. Or is this like a Ranger/S10 we are talking about

Nice lucky tripoli.

I run 32 Duratracs on my Ranger that are meant to be "truck snow" tyres but are also amazing offroad tyres without spending over $250 each. Works very well in my trucc and good gas mileage (unlike some of the coopers I was looking into)

its not a big truck its an 85 toyota pick up 4x4 extended cab.

yeah that was me
also yeah not down to be rude to a bro.

I couldn't imagine not having an extended cab. It's already a small truck and not being able to move the seat or lean back would make me go insane

This thing's my beater, so I'm looking to keep the price pretty low. The Firestones I mentioned are only $88 a piece, which is why I was thinking of picking them up. Not super concerned about the lifespan, mpg, etc. Only really worried about their performance in snowy and icy conditions.

This guy gets it, even though I bought the jeep from a migit who put in new seats 2 feet from the dash, I like a snug fit, but not tight.

look at this, that's with both seats all the way back. They're out of an xj if you're wondering.

The 400 was a bored out, decompressed 383. No clue why he's proud of swapping that in but whatever.

>hit a rock
>forehead smashes against the steering wheel

It's like you're in a sardine can. Mad props for putting up with this

Ah I see. I definitely am cramped in older small trucks. I had a pretty decent amount of space in my old 98 Ranger though

basically its this. but comfy.

that is actual arm position btw

chains. depending on where you live, this is the cheapest option to dig into the snow and ice. you can even get used ones depending on where you live. just make sure you check for metal fatigue and obvious rust.

the worst part of upgrading to 33s without a lift kit is i can no longer toss chains around my ranger's tyres since it'd absolutely obliterate my wheelwell

ah, (wheel) well

alternatively:
>hits bigger rock
>steering wheel hits your solar plexus
>dies

holy bears! you did that edit with my picc. how comfy with minimum pain possible.

My basic offroader and daily driver, but surprisingly capable. 2002 retired law enforcement Durango.

I like snug fits because comfy, but the most inconvenient thing it after driving a while at part throttle my ankle hurts because i'm so close to the pedals

>have to replace front axle seals on my XJ
Looks worse than swapping the trans desu
I still haven't even wheeled the thing yet, and I can't get it road legal until everything is fixed and road worthy

XJust
J
u
s
t

>pic unrelated, no recent pics of my Heep

Awww man that sucks. I feel this thing has sat too more than It's been driving over my course of ownership. There's a reason I named it Murphy...

Hey! Awesome trail you got there! How's the repair/Taco sale coming along?

Meh... I love the Yotas too. If I had the garage space I'd have an XJ, YJ, and a LC alongside my truck

You're good unless an open cylinder is under the water level. If the motor runs you're good. I've done this a few times in my old quads doing stupid shit. If it wouldn't start or turn over I'd be worried...

Hang in there! You'll get through it. Whatever you do don't lose your honesty!

Damn, you answered my question... At least he's patient! If not I've learned that they'll always be others.

Feel your pain. Seeing as I spend a lot of time on the roads, I feel I'm wasting money by burning up my Mud Tires. Thinking of dropping down to an AT tire for my usage...

>Dat spotlight
Awesome!
Retired Ambulance here

>How's the conversion on the Wahmbulance going?

It's a marathon not a sprint haha. Still trying to plan it out in detail. I'm at the stage where I can't do much until I completely gut the interior and redo the electrical system to my liking. And I'm projecting at least 2k on the conservative side to do that...

In the meantime I'm throwing small stuff at it. For instance I bolted up a pair of tail light brush guards to compliment the one up front.

Been snowing like a bitch the last few days. Got 6" already and we're supposed to get another 7-10" by tomorrow morning. If I didn't work 3rd shift all weekend I'd be up in the woods camping haha.

Here
Forgot to ask. Anything you're not supposed to have still hooked up? Just curious...

I throw my daily driver ZX2 through the dirt just for the hell of it.

someone pls come up with a cool sticker design for us

wouldbuy/10

I'd rock an official /org/ sticker

>rock
Heh, because it's off-road

>tfw no 40s
why live

It beginzzz
Will continue until Monday morning which means ripping shit up tonight.

Gas mileage senpai. It's otay to feel bad sometiemzz.

Wow that looks bloated and front heavily retarded. Guess learn2 fotograf

when you wake up with the flue and throw up, god damnit. This fucking fiasco never ends my dudes, now I can't even go out and try to fix the fucking jeep. Is it a sign?

Also I fucking hate that all the good craigslist deals for 4x4's are with cars that have an automatic. Just want muh sweet sweet MANual.

I too need to replace my driver axle seal. I have another axle to swap in because that's easier.

When would it be an advantage to use a manual over automatic and vice versa?

(I've never been off-roading, please include lots of detail)

These boys are constantly jerking it to manuals but anything that is more than just slinging mud or over landing an automatic is way more convenient. Crawling and anything on the mountains a auto is comfy.

everyone on here wants manuel because of retarded maymays
automatic is better in every way off road

But manuals are more fun an skill intesive. And with little 4 bangers you don't lose 50% of you power.

WOULD WANT.
Couldn't we ask WAT racing to make a few given we buy at least ~10?

I am actually so sorry, user.
I know that feel all too well getting cucked by bacteriophage bigger than my femtopenis

Hush, you gois. Don't ruin this thread with this.

Probably, make a design and send it to inb4 or notori and they'll print it and put it on their store.