DUDE ALUMINUM BED?? LMAO

>DUDE ALUMINUM BED?? LMAO
>ENJOY UR STEEL BOLTS GETTING SIEZED TO THE BED
>entire engine is aluminum mated with steel fasteners

>DUDE ALUMINUM IS WEAK
>aluminum has the same yield strength as steel
>aluminum is structurally stronger at the same and even at less weight

Are truckfags the dumbest people in the auto-sphere?

toolbox.jpg

truck boxes are aluminum friendo

bump

They are right tho
You should never bolt together dissimilar metals unless you have some sacrificial plating (zinc)

It's not a boat.
Why do you think electrolysis would be an issue?

Damn I guess I better take apart my engine and zinc plate my pistons, rods, head, cams, etc.

>They are right tho
did u fail to read OP

daily reminder anti-seize exists and that ford uses it

>BRO YOU BETTER NOT USE ALUMINUM TOPHAT 2 PIECE ROTORS CAUSE ITS GONNA GET STUCK TO THE HUB
said no one fucking ever.

>not a boat
Might as well be
>electrolysis
And cold welding
And all sorts of problems

What are things constantly bathed in oil?

>Might as well be
What in the world did he mean by this?

>american trucks

>electrolysis
>And cold welding

You have literally no idea what you're talking about, cold welding occurs when two of the same metals come into contact in a vacuum.

>aluminum has the same yield strength as steel
>aluminum is structurally stronger at the same and even at less weight
But the point of aluminum is to make things weigh LESS while occupying the same space. To make an aluminum bed as strong as a steel bed it would have to be significantly thicker which is a shitload more raw materials and more expensive, and they're not gonna fucking do that.

i fuckin hate truck people, i dont want to be associated with them
>LOOK , FACEBOOK MEME ABOUT HOW RIVAL BRAND IS SHIT
>LOOK , MY BRAND IS FOR REAL MEN , BIG MUSCLY OILED UP DUDE IN IMAGE MACRO ,RIVAL BRAND IS FOR GAY GUY ON PHOTOSHOP
>LOOK, MY BRAND ENGINE IS VERY STRONG AND TRANSMISSION, HERE STOCK PHOTO OF MY TRUCK AND PHOTO OF RIVAL BROKEN DOWN HAHA

2bh I'd buy an all aluminum vehicle just so it can't rust. Winter is half the year here, and they salt the fuck out of the roads.

Yeah no

Aluminum still oxidizes. Why is it people fail to realize this?

Aluminum oxidises, but the oxide forms a barrier and prevents further corrosion.

>not using a bedliner
>dropping heavy sharp objects from a height into your bed
>using a quarter ton truck at a worksite

incorrect faggot
unless you live on the ocean
it doesn't matter
you don't metallurgy much i see

uh yeah.. all snap on and matco truck boxes are aluminum. same with the shit on jegs.. they havent been steel since the 80s bro

Mate, come to NZ and see

We had stainless faster in our aluminium joinery, now theirs just a big blob of corrosion where the screws used to be

Ftw 99% humidity bitch

I have an aluminum toolbox on my truck and I gotta say it holds up surprisingly well. Bought it second hand for half it's new price too. If it's just holding tools there is no reason to need a steel box.

It doesn't rot away into nothing. It gets pitted and ugly but usually keeps its integrity