Smaller muscle?

Sometime soon I plan on selling my current vehicle (73 pinto), and I wanted to keep the trend going with something old and on the smaller side, i don't think I'm ready for something too much bigger yet. I'm mainly looking at Javelins and 240zs anything else that is early 70's and kinda the same style and size? Thanks in advance

I'm having a hard time figuring out what characteristic you're specifically after that Javelin and 240z have in common but the most tempting platform afaic is the 60s Plymouth Fury they're still pretty cheap with good stock configuration and large aftermarket. If you actually learned anything about your Pinto and want to stick with Ford you might want to look at Mavericks they're cheap and have a more similar body style yo maybe what you're looking for.

celica fastback

They just both seemed on the smaller side, I've looked at mavericks, bit they just don't do it for me for some reason

Year?

I do like dusters though for some reason I can't put my finger on

Coupe looks better imo
1973-1977 ish

dusters are awesome just because.

Fugg

It's cool but it is definitely not small. Compare the 60s Fury I was referring to. Pretty damn light for a body on frame car of course a good decade earlier aesthetically.

Neat, I'll look into it

Crop duster has the best exhaust note ever

Bump

what the fuck

why do you keep acting like Furys are small

a Duster is much smaller

Corvair with a V8.

Pretty, what year?

This, idk what that fag is on about but the fury/savoy/etc is still cool

If you want veeate: duster,demon, AMX rather than Javelin, first gen Camaro, maverick, even 64-67 mustang

If jap 4/6 cyl is fine, 1st gen Celica, 240z, Datsun 510, are your only options in the US if you want truly "classic" styling, though I'm probably forgetting some

Exactly the sort of list I was wanting, thanks

Why AMX over javelin?

Bump

Thats gotta be a 65 and up

Yess man buy a 240z. I love mine and you can make them wicked fast for very little money.

put a 302 in the pinto

I Gen considered that, but I'd need to massage(hammer the shit out if) the bell housing to make everything fit

*Genuinely

Apperantly the link is spam So here's a screenshot

My old man have a 64 corvair back in the 70s. He got tired of the motor fucking up so he "stole" his friends 327. Made his own motor mounts. A falcon rear end went under it, and the falcon fuel tank fit right in the ass where the motor was. Bent some steel to make a driveshaft tunnel. The 327 was pushing 450 horsepower, duel carbs, flat tops, 13:1 pop ups, homade headers, leaded fuel and shit. He challenged some faggot with a 396 nova to a drag race (lol look at the guy with the corvair I'll beat him for sure). The first pass dad couldn't quite get it off the line without the wheels just spinning. Next pass he started in 2nd gear and beat the nova by 3 car lengths. That corvair is still in the woods somewhere in east Texas.

Maybe a chevy monza is the little muscle your looking for. They came with the 305 and 350 engine in some models

That story is too magical not to be true

Is a cute

My dads friends have confirmed it

Any idea where in East TX? Finding that would be a story for your grandkids.

>Kyusha-era jap cars
>muscle
>V8

How about no

If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck

>flat tops, 13:1 pop ups
>450hp 327
>on the street
>in the 70s

boomer stories are hilarious

What about the Nova? I haven't looked at prices but they can't be nearly as bad as similar Mustangs or Camaros. They still look pretty good and I'm sure you could drop whatever tree-fiddy in there.

I always forget about those things. They look gud.

3rd gen Novas are bigger than Mustangs or Camaros. The 1st gens are pretty small but not too muscular. I think Monza/Vega is the way to go for OP

Neat

smaller

Neat, didn't know that

Have to agree since monza/vega are in your posts. Hope OP can find one tho, there hard to find in some areas

I have a better time finding a vega cosworth on cl in solcal than some based model monza. They all seemed to have rusted like alfas

Near Tyler. I don't remember where dad said it was, I wanna say madisonville

>haha yeah every car made before my 12 year old kraut machine sucked and was slow and had 120 horsepower there's no way cars were fast before 2000 you retard

Go get it man

Why is it in the woods anyway?

I'd like to but 30+ years in the woods in humid ass east Texas will have rusted it to shit. Corvairs are cheap here so I could make one myself

He let a family member buy it (he had his second daughter and needed money) and it got passed around like a 10 dollar whore. You can prolly guess what happened

This saddens me very deeply

Don't forget the camel hump heads.
1000 cc double pumper dual carbs
Posi trac rear
All on bias ply tires.

Bump

I came here to post this. Get one with a 318 or 340 if you can. Glorious things. More likely to find a 318 than anything else. 340 models are extremely rare now, but you can build up a very nice 318 given the right parts.

or I actually know a little about the sbc and 450hp in a street 327 now requires modern heads and cam

it wouldnt sound stock in the slightest and Mr. Nova would certainly know something was up

13:1 would require a mix of pump and race gas to run well

I can give you a bunch of bs stories from the boomers in my family too

Let's here 'em

Part of me just wants to be that fag that puts an EFI LS in it, but idk yet

Manta?

alrighty then

my aunt was the badass when it came to cars in my family

she had a 66, 67, 69, and 70 Chevelle SSs during the 70s

Ill start with a bullshit story first

the '67 was a 396 and allegedly built to high hell was set up so well that the front end would nearly come off the ground on the street and after a gear change it would catch so hard the front license plate fell off once

on a local bridge (its about 1000ft long thereabouts) it could get up to 110 mph

(this part is actually true)

the car was totaled when she was running from the law close to home she tried to go around a roadblock she flipped 3 times and took out a power line

when the cops dragged her out they said if they knew she was a woman they wouldnt have chased her or set up the roadblock

Oh shit, what is this

Preddy gud/10

Opel Manta A, it's like an EU-market half-a-Camaro.

Similarly, the Opel GT which is like half a C3.

and heres another one even if he wasnt exactly a boomer

my grandad and his best friend in the 60s had a '57 Chevy with a 327, dual quads and all that jazz

used to hustle around town and kick eveyrbodies ass

eventually they spread out to the next county kept on winning eventually they kept on going further and further out and still doing good

some guy in Florida called them out

by this time they had big head and put the car on the line

way he told it they got their ass kicked worse than they ever beat anybody else they got a bus back home and never messed with building up cars again

They're fantastic

That one is semi plausible

>not one mention of the falcon sprint
>small size (about as big as a modern hot hatch)
>302 vee eight
>classic early 60's styling
I'm disappointed Veeky Forums

And its rival, the Ford Capri. First gen was sold in the US as the Mercury Capri (pictured here).
Some madmen have managed to fit a 302 Windsor in these.

yeah

honestly I can somewhat believe it

maybe thats just cuz my grandad was one of those ultra honest types tho

I remember when he took me around in his Ram (he still liked to drive fast in it he got the nickname Hemi Henry) and showed off all the old street racing spots

RIP in peace you old madman

I was going to mention the Falcon but it doesnt exactly have a muscle look

I love them and the Chevy II tho

Rip in peace old man

>70's Opel never ever again

then it may also be a goose

You do know that leaded gas is much more powerful than the shit we get nowadays. Besides my dad raced cars on dirt tracks back in the day, he had access to race fuel. And his corvair wasn't a daily driver. It was built for fun. You're some kinda special if you think 450 HP wasn't possible out of a 327.

youre some kind of special if you think that leaded gas was "much more powerful" (lmao)

I didnt say it wasnt possible

and nice job ignoring some obvious flaws in the story such as theres no way a 450hp 327 would sound like anything you wouldnt think as fast and good luck on making it on 70s tech

even if he had a 327 Corvair it had nowhere near 450hp

A 327 was ~350+ stock. It didn't take rocket science to squeeze another 100hp out of it. There were many performance part shops back then and 110+ octane leaded fuel was readily available. I bet you think Mazda is the greatest thing ever and a technological marvel because they're running high compression, well we had that 30+ years ago, yawn.

You're thinking of the 1970's with stock smogged 500ci's putting out 170hp.

200 shot of nos?

>A 327 was ~350+ stock

gross hp

even the hottest 327 makes maybe 300 tops most made 220 or less

heres a graph with a 365hp 327 with a modern cam, headers, and other modern equipment

it doesnt even make 350hp
>race fuel

yeah ok thanks for proving my point

btw the octane was rated differently back then and when converted its about the same as today

>that butthurt over modern engines

lmao

if you want smaller muscle V8 the pinto. been done many times. if you still want to keep the car.

Why not one of the late model magnum 5.2L (318) or 5.9L (360) from the 1990's Dodge Ram and Dodge Dakota? You got your EFI mopar V8 and it literally bolts right into place.

Shit, good idea