For $6,000

For $6,000

Name a better car you can buy than a C4 LT1/4 Corvette?
atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/5879826495.html
Talk me out of buying this o, because I can't find a reason.

Other urls found in this thread:

japaneseclassics.com/vehicle/1991-skyline-gts-t-sedan-rb20det/
losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/5863224807.html
corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-tech-performance/3253599-stock-lt1-dyno-results.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Miata, civic, mazda3, Mustang, camaro, mr-s list goes on and on

Stock those are all slower

Mustang and Camaro both have solid rear axles

/thread

Repairs.

this

>contact Jorge
There's one for starters

US is flooded with Corvettes and parts are numerous. They're actually cheaper to fix than an equivalent Japanese import.
Better how?

This. Older Corvettes aren't even all that fast without dumping money into them. Repairs can be costly and everyone will think that you're a horny old man slipping through his mid-life crisis with no 401K because you couldn't afford a Z06.

>C4
>LT engine
>fun fast or cheap
LOL. Have fun getting 200 HP without needing full rebuild with new pistons and stuff.

would be a pretty fun project car I would think

>aren't even all that fast
LT4 makes 330 hp stock and LT1 300. That's before dumping a few hundred dollars for a bump to 350-380. They regularly beat 350/370Z's on drag and track.
>Repairs can be costly
Diy in the US they are extremely cheap.
>everyone will think that you're a horny old man
This isn't even a valid reason, who cares.

LT's make 300-330 hp stock. A few hundred dollars pushes you into 350-380 with just head work.
Reliable and easy to work on too.

Yeah well if we are dumping money into the cars, lets see a corvette ever beat a miata with the same money dumped into either

cheaper more reliable cheaper to mod and much better starting platforms

6000 bucks for a vette?

Litreally every single one of these posters is a found on road dead fan girl.

Buy it OP.

lol ok senpai, you've already redpilled yourself so have fun wasting money on an antique engine that's absolute garbage compared to any LS or jap engine.

>full rebuild with new pistons and stuff.

Ask me how I know you're retarded.

Like most GM cucks hes never worked on a car ever which is why he cant appreciate the list of cheap platforms

its a C4 theyre always that cheap when its the base model

theyve fallen to that trailer park tier

what you mean is, we are not ford fan girls and are found on the road constantly fixing our rusting piece of shit faulting dented aluminum ford vehicles

The c4 is probably one of the worst sportcars to ever exist at a high cost

>same money dumped

A decent stock Miata is $2K. $4K in parts (and your own labor with no tune) will not make you faster than 300 hp stock C4. Hate to break it to you.

Paying someone else to tune a Miata with parts would cost more than $4,000.

>much better starting platforms
>fwd
>solid rear axle
>wet floppy noodle chassis convertibles on par with bendy 180sx's

kys

>people legitimately think, in their heads that a stock mazda miata making 155 HP is somehow faster then a stock C4 making 300+ HP

huh, gee really made me think, huh.

I originally wanted an S2000 or Silvia to turbo. Cost to cost they are just not worth it over a C4 with equal performance at a third of the cost.

Lt was pretty decent, good heads and made over 300 but was just pig heavy as iron blocks tend to be

Are you shitting me? 4K flat out buys the fm kit or if you are piecing it together you will be able to even swap the transmission and be over 300 whp with high grade parts for 4k. This isnt counting the fact that the miata is around 2200 lbs and the c4 is around 3300 lol

In essence that corvette is worthless to anyone other than those who lack any mechanical aptitude

And tuning the miata wont even be that hard

>at a high cost

At a low cost now they are one of the best. Short wheelbase, all independent suspension, and 300 hp for $6K is a steal.

>over 300 whp

If you diy with no tune, it won't. You might want to price out your parts and supporting mods, lol.

Just slapping a turbo kit on a BP will not make 300 whp. You are delusional.

>he thinks hes going to be doing 300+ HP in a miata with minimal work
>easily 10k in work, just for the work, not even the car itself

enjoy living in that delusional fantasy

R32 gtst

>tuning the miata wont even be that hard

You are legitimately functionally retarded. Do you even know how much it costs for an ECU or to use a dyno PER HOUR?

oh one of those "car guys" who dont know anything about cars

go figure youd like this piece of shit

>average cost imported
>11-14K

japaneseclassics.com/vehicle/1991-skyline-gts-t-sedan-rb20det/

Even the Sedans cost that much

>he thinks a Miata has the same torsional rigidity as a C4

Sorry if I don't feel like putting a roll cage in one of the noodles you mentioned.

Lt4s were underrated. They made about 350bhp. A little more than the early year LS1s. All LT1s made 311bhp.

Only problem with the LT1 right now is that the original Mitsubishi sensors for the Optispark have dried up. Even the Delphi/AC Delco remans use a Chinese sensor. LTCC is a bandaid and the 24x is still really expensive.

Youll have enough to run a speeduino and jam in bigger injectors bruh, its not like the miata cant take a insane amount of abuse while you tune it using the infinite amount of reference materials

Also you could just dremel your piston end ring gap bigger too, forgot bout dat

>while you tune it

>he still thinks this will all cost less than $4K
>he thinks he can tune
Delusional

You need to stop reading all your little forums and ask for real $$$ numbers on builds.

I think it's just the time this thread was posted

Eurocucks tend to want to cuck everyone around them

>absolute garbage
>engine was designed alongside the help of Lotus

lol

Doesn't the C4 weight like 3100-3200lbs? Isn't the weight distribution 51/49 too?

no it wasnt

this is a base model shitbox

yes but its still a understeering piece of shit

>understeering piece of shit

Nothing a little suspension and alignment work can't fix right

>original Mitsubishi sensors for the Optispark have dried up. Even the Delphi/AC Delco remans use a Chinese sensor. LTCC is a bandaid and the 24x is still really expensive.

So buying an LT1 car is basically a money pit and futile or?

lt1 block weighs 30lbs more than a ls1 block

Not really a money pit since the better Optis (Petris, AIP, Delphi) come with warranties. Just super annoying to replace. If the C4 is your only project car than go the extra mile and convert it over to coil packs. It will be easier to tune it and allow the engine to rev better.

The 88-91s are great if you don't want to deal with the Opti. They need heads and an intake to rev high, but gen 1 parts are dirt cheap.

these are 6 grand?

>convert it over to coil packs.
You're referring to the LT1? How easy is the conversion?
>88-91s are great if you don't want to deal with the Opti. They need heads and an intake to rev high, but gen 1 parts are dirt cheap.
Would gains equal that of the LT? I thought the general consensus was to avoid the pre-93 models unless you plan to procharge?

yep, really good ones are 7k max

Do it, cunt. Those are sick as.

There was a RHD C4 down here at one point going for $10k. I'm still kicking myself for not jumping on it soon enough.

Check out EFI 24x. I haven't done the conversion myself since my LT1 is stock with a new Opti. May do it eventually.

The downfall of the L98 is the intake. The long runners are great for torque, but the engine dies after 4500. They need an aftermarket intake and ported heads just to get to stock LT1 levels. But they don't have Optispark which is nice.

shame Alfa doesn't move more product into burgerland

i own a 93 c4. it's bretty good, i like it. mine has been pretty reliable, i bought it for $5k a year ago. the interior is fucking horrible though, looks like shit and everything falls apart easily. that's really my only complaint though. also the c4 has the sexiest popups i've ever seen.

350Z is newer and more common, similar power and weight too.

K-Series swapped 1990s Hondas can be had for that much if I wanted purely a track car.

Could find a 08-10 Cobalt SS Turbo for that amount too if you look hard enough

>what is corvette tax

why do people think because it has the engine out of a truck that'll magically make parts for the rest of the car cost the same as a 1994 chevy s10

theres a good example parked right next to it

>RHD C4

How and why?

I'm just waiting for all the boomers to finally give up thier C5s.

>leaf spring loose chassis 300hp shitbox

>beating 370z

????

This. The day C5s will be 5-6k will be glorious.

>350Z is newer and more common, similar power and weight too.
'06-'08 350Z's weigh more, have less hp/torque, and a longer wheelbase than the C4 meaning less cornering performance (especially transitional).

>Hondas
>Cobalt
front wheel drive

>C4 is faster
>shorter wheelbase than a 370Z

pathetic

You can't get a C5 for $6K
Old Corvette parts are very, very, cheap man

So much leftover aftermarket for Corvettes in the US it hurts

I really like the interior in my 92. Seats are great and nothing rattles. My only complaint is the thin plastic they used around the radio but that was the 90s.

Now the interior in my C5 is trash.

A lot of those aren't better though

They perform worse, and are more expensive to insure.

153,000 miles is a lot for a c4, you aren't going to find a decent one for 6,000, try closer to 9

88 fiero might be a solid choice for 6,000, they can be had in good condition for dirt cheap.

buy it now before someone else does

if its a manual C4 oh my god i aught to smack you for not already buying it

Surprising amount of C4 hate in this thread, is it just one guy or has Veeky Forums gotten worse than I thought?

pretty much any German will wreck this burger shit

Well that's funny, I seem to recall it kicking the porsche 944's ass

Post a $6K German car you can buy in the US that is faster?

I found a C5 for under 10k losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/5863224807.html

because fords are shitloads better. flexes and warps because fibreglass body on steel frame, cant put LS1 in because new frame first new frame is expensive. crossfire injected v8 complete shit (even corvette guys wont touch those cars) electricals were never wired properly so bulbs burn out real fast if they work at all. dash pad warps in hot sun...

>fords are shitloads better

>solid rear axle
>good

pick one

>nitrous

you tried

Just how good C5 is?

I'm pretty sure this is bait, but just about any given year a Corvette has out performed a Porsche 356/911 of the same year for decades.

The goes at least as far back as April 1959 when Motortrend tested a Corvette against a Porsche Convertible D.

You have to start getting into super expensive turbo models and GT2/GT3s for Porsche to outperform vettes. Even then halo model vettes like ZR1s and Z06s still usually outperform them from a strictly on-track performance standpoint.

you're proud it beat a bottom feeder porsche that has a shit engine, the 944 would still wreck it in a circuit race because that shit cant turn to save its life.
Hurr my v8 durr, you muritards only know how to fit the biggest engine into a shitbox that was created by a 5 year old.

An early 2000 C class with a v6 will make this shitbox get BTFO

>C 280 2.8 18V M112 V6
>197 PS (145 kW; 194 hp)

>he thinks this is faster

you really can't make this shit up

uhh nope. IRS now.

see the c4. same problems just new shell and mechanicals

ANYTHING out performs a corvette. rick allen(drummer for def leppard) lost a arm because driving a corvette and it damn near killed him

you are comparing a corvette to a failed audi? the 924/944 was/is shit. it is the worst porsche ever made. good try though dick. the 914 was a lot better than the 924/944 the problems with the 924/944 werent fixed till the 964.

>IRS now.

Show me a $6000 Ford with an IRS faster than a C4?

>taking the bait
But a manual Merc would still shit over that burger king shitbox

your american homeboi made the comparison, any manual

>Weigh more

>1994 Corvette Hatchback: 3309lbs
>2006 350Z Track: 3370lbs

>Less Power
>LT1 dynos at 240whp, same as a 03-05 Z

>Longer Wheelbase
>Zs have instead far more rigidity from being a newer car

And the newer car will have suffered less from age (rubber going to shit, more common parts, plastic cracking in interiors etc)

>Front Wheel Drive
>1000lbs lighter (2300lbs for a full interior K-swapped Civic with A/C and PS)

ok lol

E36 M3 drives better if you can find one that isn't a pos for that much. Isn't much slower either.

If you're just going for sheer speed you're better off getting a different car entirely, like a 1990s Civic/Miata and the difference into mods.

oh god this

>fiberglass panels crack and are a bitch to repair
>thinnest gauge wiring and crappiest relays possible because GM had to save money somewhere

they're cheap for a reason and i'd rather just save up for a $10k C5 or a $15k C5 Z06.

>LT1 dynos at 240whp, same as a 03-05 Z

Incorrect
corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-tech-performance/3253599-stock-lt1-dyno-results.html
>278 hp

>Zs have instead far more rigidity
C4 has higher torsional rigidity numbers than a 350Z

>ever buying FWD over RWD
No

>USDM E36 M3
>240 hp

>average price for non-dogshit one is $6K before any tinkering

nah

>1990s Civic/Miata and the difference into mods.
see

C4:
-Coupe (top on) 13 Hz and the torsional strength is 214 KN/rad
-convertible: (??) and the torsional strength is 140 KN/rad

Guess you wouldn't want a convertible or targa