Opinions on Supra II? What should you check when buying one?

Opinions on Supra II? What should you check when buying one?

slow, way heavy for what it is, handles like shit, head gasket

very pretty, but should modify it to make it fun.

>head gasket

And now you outed yourself as the bus rider who only parrots Veeky Forums memes.

>I know nothing about toyota's M engines: the post
cry harder

7mge isnt a bad motor, but dont bother trying to modify a n/a for performance, it is less cost effective than a 7mgte swap

>I can't tell Supra gens apart: The Post

They are very pretty. You can turbo the 5M with a 7MGTE manifold. I know nothing else.

a fucking old heavy piece of shit

I wouldn't buy one for more than 1k

this for the most part

didnt it have a 5m?

Not a bad car, pretty slick looking, not really a fantastic car either. If you like 'em, get one.

The only answer is 2J or 1J swap. I'd rather do a 1J but that's just me.

Mk2 supras came with the 5m. The 7m is the one that suffers from head gasket issues.
Personally, the mk2 is my favorite gen of supra; yes, even over the mk4.
You'll find the aftermarket to be a tad bit sparce so options will be limited. Definitely not a beginner tuner car but still a cool project

the 5m-ge LOVES to blow headgaskits your just talking out your ass

>ur just bullshitting bla bla
nigger ive had 3 fucking 5m-ge's blow up on me.

I love the styling and interior of mid 80's toyota but their i6 engines are dogshit paperweights that make no power and have no aftermarket or easy bolt ons and 0 tuning.

Plus they DRINK fuel and you'll maybe soo 100hp at the wheels if your extremely lucky.

nope both do.

the 5m is ironically the more reliable of the two but the 7mge also has cooling issues on top of head gaskit woes and both engines love to warp heads.

Easily the worst toyota i6's ever made

>Personally, I've never owned any of these vehicles and know nothing about them

5 and 7 both had head gasket issues tho

It's slow as shit and parts can be kind of hard to come by, but it's an 80's meme car so if you know what you're doing they can be a cool project

Absolutely this

i got rid of my 5mge cressida in 2010 and parts where impossible to find new or used even back then, even bits off the equivalent supra/crown where impossible to track down as well.

And the 7mge 91 grande i had until 2013 was also impossible to find bits for

saw this fantastically beautiful car at the local wrecking yard the other day, thought I would contribute