byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Veeky Forumsstation forum and logs
ss13.moe/forum/
game.ss13.moe/logs

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>Cryo Autism
pastebin.com/raw/YmAyagUa

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/u40ABfJz

Other urls found in this thread:

aberrantkenosis.bandcamp.com/album/the-bike-horn-collection-honk-yourself-a-merry-little-bikehorn
goonhub.com/maps/cogmap2#l=157,137,1;z=0.2
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/12854
decompressed-comic.tumblr.com/post/154394229892/s-assail
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/12853
youtube.com/watch?v=E_1-oylPHjs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1st for waifus

xnth for xmas time
aberrantkenosis.bandcamp.com/album/the-bike-horn-collection-honk-yourself-a-merry-little-bikehorn

for the mechanic last round:
using that 3-way valve you excluded the freezer from cryocells pipes, therefore they weren't cooled anymore.

No

Go ahead and tell me that this isn't the most impressive-looking station

>goonhub.com/maps/cogmap2#l=157,137,1;z=0.2

No

So you agree then?

No

>goonhub.com/maps/cogmap2#l=157,137,1;z=0.2
>overdesigned clusterfuck
>impressive-looking

If you convert this into sheet music, you'll soon be able to play it in-game.
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/12854

I mean some of the stuff is pretty neat, like the owlery or how the consoles look.

But that's a station for a 100 player pop so sadly it's completely useless.

Oh man that range is limited as HECK
People are going to be upset about not being able to play some things

Turn that frown upside down

>Want to clone the wizard and monkey him so I can have company in Medbay as the lonely CMO
>Zasandra The Toxic (died as monkey (241))

>every time I cloned them they instantly died due to the coding

Rip in pip monkey-wizard. I was excited to have you but I never got to.

Also thank you Nero, your assistance was invaluable and we would not have made it through the shift without you. Medbay was almost perfect that round.

artist?

It's every note that was in the soundfont distributed with aberrantkenosis's first album.
If other people can find more horn notes somewhere else, they're welcome to add them.

idk. try a reverse image search

That was a letdown

Russell.

The guy with the really nice floor drawings

Mmm, that floor is so sexy~

decompressed-comic.tumblr.com/post/154394229892/s-assail

It's back.

Is the music original?

>this plugin is not supported

>>overdesigned clusterfuck
Eh? I think it's pretty simplistic and easy to get around
the map alone probably leaves an impression like that, playing it doesn't feel like that at all

>But that's a station for a 100 player pop so sadly it's completely useless.
100 is way too much but it feels really dead on lowpop yeah

By the way, the map has another tab

I never played it so you might be right

Man, I really dig this guys work, if only he hadn't waste a fuckton of time with stupid shit like the loot roulette and the morgue segment.
Ive played there, somewhat of a clusterfuck desu, huge as shit, and not exactly the most fun to explore with goon code. Players are also shitty as fuck, so eh.

>fun to explore with goon code
That's what the debris field and telesci is for

Never did that, I only explored a lil bit as a asistant, and Ive heard telesci is a shitfest, so not really in the mood to try again, sorry pal.

someone fucking explain this shit already

a list of viruses is passed into a function that's supposed to only accept one virus, and it actually works in-game somehow, so I want to know what the code logic is here

I haven't done much of it myself

Only observed how experienced telesci people did their thing, it's pretty entertaining on its own

deff is unfair to humans as a milf

just walk away

it was coded 3+ years ago. it's probably awful and only works because nobody touches it.

I've actually read through the entire virus2 module and am planning on submitting some PRs for basic changes, but these lines of code absolutely stump me

seriously, that pic is all that stands between me and a virology overhaul

>virology overhaul
>one lines throwing you off

I mean lets be real you're gonna add more symptoms or something superficial you're not overhauling it.

I'm going to be removing symptoms and cutting down the fat and repeated code. shouldn't have used the word overhaul but the point is that I'm going to get virology to a fixable state

Mite wanna make an issue like I recommended before you put time into a PR. It doesn't feel good to hear people say "I don't want this" because you felt strongly about something and spent a ton of time but never asked if anyone else agreed.

Sure, I'll do that. I have a text file of bugs and inefficiencies in the virology code; should I make one issue for the whole thing, one issue per specific change, or something in between?

If it's a bug report then make one for each but what you're really saying is you want to have a discussion over what you want to do.

So lump it in.

github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/12853

Oh boy, just what we fucking needed again, the attack animation bullshit.

>b-but the majority wants it
pomf chikun overrules everything else
if the bawk lord says no to animations you don't try and push it in again goddamnit

Pomf is not a tyrany and fuck you for trying to use him like a tool.

how dare you accuse me like this
I just want to do what pomf wants, that's all

>i just want what the host who hasn't played a round since 2014 wants
sure

>i'll just politely ignore him saying that he doesn't have a stake in this

Not him, but the whole carshalah incident, for better or worse, we accepted what he did.

Pomf is the emperor of the server, he isn't a tyrant, but what he says IS law. He said already not to do the attack animations, people keep trying and it wont result in a better server when this is merged.

pomf said no several years ago. now every server but us have it and pomf says i dont play anymore do whatever but i didn't like it

pomf unbanned carsh because (he's out of touch sometimes and sometimes no one challenges it) carsh was banned and unbanned at the time, and then an admin went back and rebanned him months later. these are not the same things

WHY THE FUCK DO MECHANICS ALWAYS DO THIS SHIT.
EVERY SINGLE TIME THEY TOUCH CRYO. EVERY SINGLE TIME THEY FUCK IT UP.
I'M RUNNING OUT OF PATIENCE. I'M CLUTCHING MY AUTOINJECTOR HARDER.

holy hell that trinary valve

to be fair it is a very easy trap to fall into. "I'll just build some more cryo oh god pipes"

JUST DON'T BUILD MORE CRYO CELLS, JUST DON'T.
I HAVE NEVER SEEN THE THIRD ONE USED.

>that's my greentext

no it's mine

Solars are fun

Oh I've been grateful there was a third once or twice. But it's not worth the work if you don't know how to do it

n i c e

That was a really neat to find

>HoS screaming its anarchy and such
>patrolling for nuke ops and finding circumstantial confirmation

>find this

Boy, I sure could for an ice cold Nuka Cola right about now.

Just pray to jesus christ for a supply crate of the stuff, or pray to Quartermaster Ivan for it.

thanks, now i know its tators

What are some good words to use in place of the word zas for ic use?

maybe >air pressure?

THIS PRESSURE, IS IT CHAR?

Swoosh

>think of (another) decently-worded, somewhat not-cringy appeal
>consider posting it now instead of in march like i said
>go to forums
>permabanned from forums
>no hope of coming back
>banned from discord (twice)
>caught ban evading because i was a dipshit and didnt think to mask my ip

well
back to bay i guess

I feel sorry for bay

If you've been forumbanned and Discord banned and banned for ban evading, maybe it's time you stay gone.
If you don't want to do that, PM an admin on BYOND

im pretty much ready to give up but i love this serb, and i remember dragswrd saying something along the lines of "play on some other server for a few months and if an admin says you aren't a shitter then maybe we'll unban you" and that small glimmer of hope is what keeps me fueled

back to gay bay jail

QM should have a fax machine that he can use in his office. However, it should be ONLY for requesting exclusive supplies from Centcomm. Repeated messages about non-supply needs should be met with Bluespace artillery.

I have never played SS13 but I think I'll like it. I enjoy Dwarf Fortress and many roguelikes/dungeon crawlers, also emulation.

What's the best way to start? Do I need to form a group or something? I would prefer if someone would help me get started...

Literally just read the rules

Read the rules, then play assistant.
Or
Read the rules, then read the controls, then play assistant.

The best way is to read the rules and try not to kill anyone without being randomly selected or tagged in to become an antagonist. Play something easy like assistant or cargo or even janitor to help learn the rules.
People typically do not trust assistants though, as a fair warning.
Expect to die a lot.

read the rules, read the wiki, there is also a test server with sandbox enabled to test all the stuff you want.

hop in, attempt to get over the learning curve, ignore advice saying to start with x job and do whatever the fuck you think might be fun. Dont be afraid of fucking up, and dont be afraid of dieing. Also spectating is really fun once youyr dead so dont log when it happens if you can find the action. admins helpful and very forgiving to newbies. also READ THE RULES. Dont talk about the game in session over thread/OOC chat channels until the round is finished is the easiest rule to break.

DO NOT PLAY ASSISTANT
THIS IS THE WORST ADVICE ANYONE CAN GIVE YOU
People hate assistants, nobody will let you assist them, and you may get bored in a hallway because you have no idea how to do anything so you can't follow a guide or find your own fun

Just READ THE RULES, READ THE STARTER'S GUIDE, then dive in as botanist or cargo technician or janitor.

ah another thing: don't use OOC to ask things when in game, most of times is better to use ahelp

this desu
assistants, de facto, aren't there to assist anyone, they are there to find their own fun
if you don't know how to find your own fun, it's gonna be shit

AIRFLOW

to be honest i like the joke that ZAS is the God of atmospherics

>Do I need to form a group or something?
Take a wild guess as to what this thread is all about

>You are the AI
>While looking around the station you see a rune

How do you proceed?

Report the bug on github because AIs can't see runes.

Easy.
Ai's can't see runes, so they just tell the janitor to clean up the mess.

you don't see runes as ai

DO NOT PLAY JANITOR
THIS IS THE WORST ADVICE ANYONE CAN GIVE YOU
Janitor is secretly the best job and there's only one slot.

Just PLAY CARGO TECH

:s Security, I have detected non authorized usage of eldritch practices, please deal with the zealots non harmfully

That is, if the AI could even see runes.

t. Validhunting shitter

if the AI could see runes the best thing to do is to do nothing

Assuming I'm on asimov.
Report over comms that an abduction is happening with a person looking incapacitated, only to provide more info upon request. If there is blood trailing where the person is taken, it could be a source of harm and ask a borg to investigate it for harmful acts or a non human, putting a human at risk of harm is not allowed.

>Virtual Machine
>Mask IP
>New Byond Account
>???????????????

To be honest, it sounds like your a shitter, and will probably get banned again anyways even with all that work,

Forgot to say that I wouldn't do anything until someone is doing something with it. You can't see the rune directly, but dragging someone to a bloody area and seeing a human with blood on and under them is harm from a visual standpoint.

People hate Cargo Techs just as much.
>How do move crate Work? I send all crates in disposal? I put different tag on crate??!???! Why it all go 2 Chapel?!?!? LOLOLOL. guns!! HEHEEHEHE GUNS LOLOLOL!!!

Janitor is still relatively hated.
>MUH SLIPS XD

youtube.com/watch?v=E_1-oylPHjs

Damn, the remix they are using for Ghost in the Shell is GOOCHI.

Janitor is the silent guardian you mongrel