Sentra "Nismo"

>Sentra "Nismo"
>188hp
>177lb-ft
>solid axle
>no LSD

When will Nissan be put out of its misery?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WEBGxujrZfc
drive.com.au/new-car-reviews/nissan-pulsar-sss-new-car-review-20150616-ghp71f.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When Alphonse admit that the gtr suck

Why cant they just make a new Silvia? Is it really so hard making a poorfag sports car?

>solid axle
really?

Nissan cucks will defend this

>solid axle
>fwd

Something isn't adding up here...

It was too hard for Nissan

Requires a new chassis to really do right and they don't give enough of a fuck for an already pretty saturated market and an economy that is absolutely terrible worldwide and likely to get worse within the next 5 years.

F W D
W
D

L M A O

I really wish they (or honda) would make an AWD sedan with AWD, good HP and shit to compete with subaru

Rear torsion beam. Front is independent.

Mind you, the Fiesta ST, Civic FK2 Type R, and Megane RS Cup also have rear torsion beams and nobody complains about the handling on those.

I don't think IRS matters too much for FWD since the rear doesn't really do anything except get dragged around.

f

Honda would just use Haldex, which basically just heavier/more complicated FWD. Subaru is used to making actual, honest to god AWD. Automakers should stick to their strengths.

I'd prefer if they made an AWD sedan with RWD and 2 doors.

>solid axle

My fucking 15 year old Suzuki shitbox has IRS. That's why I don't fuck with Nissan, they're literally a step below Hyundai and Kia.

>SH-AWD

I basically want honda with a honda design to make a WRX variant better than their garbage Si

Honda is dead. They introduced variable valve lift and that made them perform decently for cheap in the 90s but now that is nothing special at all.

They have nothing left.

keep dreaming
Honda is about boring small displacement turbos

>gtr suck
nt GM shill

Rear suspension does matter but having more links doesn't automatically make it better except if you're an alphonse tier """""""enthusiast"""""""

Nissan, Mitsubishi, and Honda are all goners. If Mazda can't put out a single Mazdaspeed or RX by 2020, they deserve to die too.

The age of Japanese superiority is pretty much over. I just wish America would come out with some small sports cars so I don't have to rape my wallet with German engineering.

Honda would probably not use Haldex, but instead something from a Japanese company.

Its really so simple

All they have to do is take the 4 cylinder, 2.4L engine of the 2015 civic Si, put a turbo in it, make it AWD and its perfect contender against the WRX

>have 2.4L that makes 200HP
>add a turbo but then drop the displacement to 1.5L so it still makes 200HP but with less throttle response/RPM/sound

Fuck Honda. Yeah, sure, their screamer engines had no torque, but at least they had character.

>I just wish America would come out with some small sports cars so I don't have to rape my wallet with German engineering.
Please tell me about those small german sports cars. (golf gti is not a sports car)

BMW M2 is small.

Heavy, but small.

Audi TT and Cayman also fit the bill.

You are correct but they are all in a much higher price league. Not really blue collar guy cars.

Exactly. Which is why I'd like Ford or GM to make a sports car is closer to the BRZ and Miata. Closest thing you can get to a cheap, small, well handling sports car is a Camaro V6 1LE, which is still 3400lbs and has fuckall for visibility.

Something like a modern Foxbody Stang would be neat. 3000ish pounds, 300hp or so, RWD. The 370Z exists but that thing is outdated as fuck and has the same visibility/cargo space issue as the Camaro.

I don't think the 2.4L mixed with an AWD diff and a good turbo would be just a screamer. Dropping the displacement to 1.5L makes it a fucking screamer

honda should:
put awd on all accord trim levels
kill 4cyl option
standard engine is the v6,toned down
top trims get boost or a bigger engine borrowed from whatever company
y/n?

actually yea that would be cool

but Acura would have to compensate somehow the RLX and TLX are 4wd sedans like the accord

Chevrolet isn't your only option here, the Mustang is available for about the same price with a slightly more powerful V6.

Or, just buy either one with a turbocharged 4 banger since that's an available option on either one.

I never thought I would see the day when pony cars would be competing with tiny Japanese and Korean mobiles.

Sooo basically an Acura?

Acuras are literally rebadged Hondas you dumb burgercuck.

Also, my inner Mustang fanboy made me lie, the Camaro's V6 is making like 35 more horsepower.

But, that still doesn't change my point.

oh yeah i totally forgot about acura
give them v ates or something i don't know anything about acura

acura is only sold in the US and the rest of the world would like to have dibs on an entry level performance sedan

Not anytime soon if they came out with this.
>take the engine out of a juke
>stick into a sentra
>slap a nismo sticker on it
Fuckin' christ

No, not really. At least, not this time

so things like the maverick and pinto by ford?

>NISMO
>NO LSD

PROVE ME WRONG

Optima Turbo is FWD and still did well when they sent it to the races

With bigger turbo engines and AWD, which is what that guy wanted.

>acura is only sold in the US and the rest of the world would like to have dibs on an entry level performance sedan

Trust us, you're not missing much. They're pretty fucking far from performance.

i mean with an upmarketed accord
i do know that acura is completely useless

>1.4 seconds costs an extra $90,000

think again

The are hurting their nismo brand, they should have just made a SE-R trim.

>implying the owners of these cars can come even remotely close to those times of any of those cars.

Except the SE-R is faster

>2007 Sentra SE-R Spec V
>200HP and 180lb-ft
>also huge brakes, LSD, more bracing
>natural aspiration instead of meme compressors

Nismo is just an sr turbo with a bodykit sadly. Se-r would need bigger engine or more boost.
>tfw no sentra se-r
>tfw no new altima se-r with 6 speed
>tfw no manual option on maxima
Nii-san pls

TT isn't a sportcar. Cayman was legit though. Ironically Porsche, a luxury brand, is like the only Euro company that actually makes performance cars and not just luxury.
Although, in new Caymans they replaced big flat-6 engines with 2.0L 4 cylinder turbos if I'm not mistaken, guess because they don't want to market them as luxury cars (which displacement tax was putting them into). Plus they don't want internal competition with 911.

How is this car for a daily driver? I was looking at it as an alternative to the Civic Si.

looks like a futuristic e30 gone wrong

Seconded, how's their long term reliability? They depreciated like rocks. Looking at a 2008 Spec V with 100k miles for $4100 and a 2005 Matrix XRS with 112k miles and a recently done clutch for $4000. Either would purely be a daily.

I'd go with a 05/06 Corolla XRS, if you could find one.

XRS is best. (or vibe gt)

Engine is pretty anemic from what I can see. Is the Sentra really that bad? IIRC, they continue to use the same engine in their new cars to this day.

That's less hp than last generation's Civic Si and this year it's supposed to have even more power.

The Corolla could use more torque but 170hp is not too bad. Keep in mind the Corolla weighs over 300 pounds less than the sentra.

Corolla tax on a car that they only made 500-1000 or so of.

I like the Matrix more anyways, more practical and a little more common (2800 made from 03-06). I'm just looking for "XRS" anyways so if one pops up i'll get it too.

The Sentra is newer and has a HLSD though. They're pretty spacious inside too.

but that would imply competing with the type r and the cobalt ss turbo

youtu.be/WEBGxujrZfc
youtu.be/WEBGxujrZfc
youtu.be/WEBGxujrZfc

Well you can't go wrong with either XRS, you might also want to look at the Pontiac vibe GT.
They all have the 2zz which has been very reliable for me.

how the fuck can anyone defend this

It's supposed to be a Datsun 510

>1.6l engine
>no 2.0l
>not a better engine period
why do i keep putting faith in these fucks

Average reliability.

A bit heavy but engine is much more torque-y than the Si's. Lots of interior space, actually classified as a midsize because of it.

You can't fold down the rear seats due to the cross-bracing though.

>TT isn't a sportcar

Fucking awesome meme, dude.

I'll probably still end up going with a Civic Si or RSX type s. I like a few things about the Sentra but ultimately it just can't compete.

How the fuck is Porsche a Luxury brand? They make a few luxurious vehicles sure, but they are first and foremost a sports car manufacturer. Their racing pedigree and superb sports cars are what made their name, not shit like the Panama and Cayenne and whatever the fuck. Those just make them money to fund their sports car design.

Nissan have fucking lost it

drive.com.au/new-car-reviews/nissan-pulsar-sss-new-car-review-20150616-ghp71f.html

I drove the non turbo version of that car as a rental years back and it was fucking horrid.

>Could not turn a corner to save its life
>Horrible ride quality
>Nothing worked right, Bluetooth wouldnt pair
Only good thing was fuel econ and the stereo

lay the foundation pupper

>Fiesta ST, Civic FK2 Type R, and Megane RS Cup also have rear torsion beams and nobody complains about the handling on those.
Bullshit, the Fiesta is a fucking golf cart.

fiesta rides like a fucking dream cunt

Fuck off you tasteless cunt, that looks class.

>Audi TT
He said the Golf GTI was excluded, can you not read?

They already did this car better
>maxima SE - the "sporty" trim
>190hp
>205lb-ft
>solid rear
>lsd optional but rare
>doesnt sound like hot farts

Nissan just canned the patrol.

Jdm is fucked.

I'll laugh so hard if the r36 is some suv

I feel bad for the nismo engineers, 15 years ago they were going all out and now...

>looks like a Camry clone

basically all nissan did in the 90s was try to directly compete with toyota, so

>How the fuck is Porsche a Luxury brand?
Comfortable, obligatory leather interior with embedded phones before they became widespread and other comfort features. The cars are meant to appreciate and become classics, I guess that's why they're not dissolving after 60000 like typical VAG products. The price. Muh heritage. And you're somewhat discouraged from working on them by yourself (although that may just be public opinion and not the company's actual stance, I don't know).

Kys faam

corolla team here, whats good nigga.

For women; Price tag.

..nissan wanted to make money, like, the actual purpose of a car company.

>bought sentra
>10k out the door
>lasted 5 years
>blew rods at 150k

nissan is seriously shite

Their best selling product by a long shot is now a SUV, and has been a long time

Wax nostalgic about 356s and 911s all day, but it won't make the Cayenne anything but a luxo barge for trophy wives.

Nm. What corolla do you drive?

Sith Lord Darth Ghosn says, "Good, good. Let the butthurt flow through you."