/msc/ My Summer Car General

>[New Update Soon]
suomistriimit.com/visto/changelog.txt
Old Thread : >What is this game?
Build a car, drink some peer, do some mundane work for good pay, and live like a Finn.

>In-depth Guide
my-summer-car.wikia.com/wiki/MY_SUMMER_CAR_GUIDE_2:_ELECTRIC_BOOGALOO

>Where can I get it?
store.steampowered.com/app/516750/

>Skins and images
satsuma.booru.org

>Tunes
Vice City Vrock broken into chunks with clean cuts.
my.mixtape.moe/qhgwsl.7z

>F-f-flash FM, music for the ME generation!
my.mixtape.moe/reptzo.7z

>Softwares
CheckMyBolts.exe
mega.nz/#!jRcHkD5b!Z7dzqdsKT4KM10PiypTC2vCJGauib_DDVu3Kzb9_7xA
MySummerCarSaveEditor.exe
mega.nz/#!mdVmmDpA!hqaof_wYbpRhuNy33X42zJdQiQIJn69PsML8l4AkaT0

Other urls found in this thread:

leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=188
youtu.be/mrSEhzwGohU
youtube.com/watch?v=mOPzO7GHKf4
mega.nz/#!h9JQTApA!zB_ot-5WktZVcF-Ck22Rt0f1EmfrFOow9pLYGYOhXIY
youtu.be/IxXEJRcey08
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

hello i play my summer car post msc pls

might as well post these for people that may have missed them in the last thread.

1/2

2/2

PERRRRKELE

What manner of sorcery is this?

I watched the stream and didn't see the rollcage anywhere in the book i think you might have to go to the mechanic to get it installed

I'm cool with that. I just hope it's part of the next update.
new udpate stuff.

It is in the change log so i think it will be

excellent.
also, diy-kun needs to keep us updated if he goes to the junk yard.

I'm sure he will tomorrow give him time

these threads are like the satsuma. have to make sure they don't stall.

xD NICE MEME xD

Can one of the texture modder bros extract the rust?

I could do it but you'd have to wait till tomorrow because i'm about to go to sleep

I hope more beta streaming coming within the hour.

thanks.

wtf why is the muscle slide so much its like I'm driving on ice? I thought it would be a good replacement for the van...

also turning the wheel feels too slow at higher speeds. using keyboard & mouse

can adjust steering in the settings, but I still found it performed like shit. not as bad as before, but it's still a messy piece of crap to drive.

if I could give the muscle the same handle as the van, that would be awesome.

New footage where?

>see this
>think I'll just get it and buy the wheel and pedals later once I get paid
>"only works with these two wheels"
man, wtf. I thought shit like this didn't matter. I thought you could use any wheel, with any shifter, and any pedal.

leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=188

But yea, hate for new Logitech is real. G25/27 Master Race

How shit is the Xbox 360 FFB wheel? They seem to go for cheap and im American so i dont care about that 3rd pedal.

thanks, but I think I'll just bite the bullet and get a g29 setup. just sucks that I'd have to buy an adapter for something that should just work the way you expect to work.

I seriously thought each component was its own usb device, allowing me to just use whatever.

Why would he get rid of the Eurobeat Menace

you have to find some old 2" water pipes, cut them to size and weld them in. (or agree to become the gimp when Fleetari and Tiemo are having some fun during the weekend, then Fleetari promise he'll install the cage when they are ready to let you go)

A good wheel and stick is nice, I just think you need a proper setup for best immersion:

youtu.be/mrSEhzwGohU

good question, I don't understand this, he's killed me so many times, but I still love good old techno viking.

>he's killed me so many times
how?

that's way overkill. I feel like you're better off just buying a rally car and doing the shit yourself.

you can't convince me this setup is less than $50,000.

at first when the police would always stop you on your way to the shop, if you didn't park to the right of the officer, techno viking would kill you whenever he got a chance.

But also just going slowly on the highway in the pedo van, he would ram you right in the ass until you are dead.

yeah, I think a real Datsun cockpit and some hydraulics would be better, it would be doable to turn all the real parts into a controller with a few switches and potentiometers, a micro controller and some usb magic.

For extra realism, attach shaped charges pointing inwards on all sides to simulate mortality.

sure if anyone thinks real perma death is cool, we could add that feature.

If you wanted to realistically simulate mortality and hospitalization it would probably be easiest to build your sim pit inside a roadworthy datsun, so when you go off the road or hit someone in-game that would happen in real life as well.

or you would just get raped by an elephant sized dick whenever you die in game.

If you are that poor I guess you could just go race a real car instead.

will there be an update this weekend?

prolly

I hope so, I'm now spending more time talking about the game than actually playing it.

-place 1st, 2nd and 3rd in rally
-tow all vehicles
-work on your custom skin

>page 10
don't you die on me

it's really hard to get 2nd and 3rd once you are fast enough to take 1st every time.

What's rough is that there's like a 45 second difference between 1st place between races, so if you dog it a bit for an acheivo there's a decent chance you get 8th with what would have been a second place time in the last rally you did.

(pls no bully this was in the shit-truck)

see you guys in the morning.
update a-comin'

Hopefully he'll make the times a little more consistent and a little more spread out in the future, like 1st normally gets 5:20-5:35, 2nd normally gets 5:35-5:50, and third gets 5:50-6:05, with the rest coming in wherever. It's crazy right now that there's often only a couple seconds between first and fourth. Maybe "realistic", but not fun.

there should be like regional champions joining in every 2nd-3rd weekend, then you'd need below 5:10 to win.

Or something like once you win you become the local champion and people will travel to challenge and race you from all over finland, then you can make a bet before racing every weekend. and if you don't race them, fleetari will call you and call you a faggot.

>5:10
I don't think I've ever seen anyone beat that time.

I saw someone posting a 4:58 or somewhere around that time, don't know if it was fake, but I think it was probably real.

Never been below 5:30 myself.

>Never been below 5:30 myself.
Yeah I've hit 5:32 more than once. I've been getting a lot better from driving around, I'll post some screenshots later and maybe a super fast time. I want to get some rallies in before the game updates so I don't have to miss a week because I wouldn't be able to pass inspection.

>below 5:10 to win
seems a little excessive, I suspect running sub-5 is possible but I've never even seen anybody post below 5:15.

>Never been below 5:30 myself
youtube.com/watch?v=mOPzO7GHKf4
This isn't even a very good run, and I didn't have any of the aero upgrades. I'd like to knuckle-down and record a sub-5:00 but I've lost some motivation with the upcoming patch. I still think expecting somebody to go much below 5:20-5:30 on a semi-repeatable basis is a bit much.

Try turning the high speed steering rate to a really low value (1 or 0) if on KB. If it's still shit try using a controller if you have one

Yea, fuck that noise. If I had to get a new setup it'd either be some cheapo shit or wait and save up for thrustmaster shifter and other shit
Basically real cheap or too expensive to justify the price

Might give me something to do while waiting for the update

Looks like you caught page 10 again.

Who else has been in /mscg/ since it was a reoccurring thread on /v/?
Hard mode: who else has read every single post?

>accidentally buy too many items at the store
>can't afford them

Is there a way to put items back?

I have a G920 and my g27 pedals and shifter work with it.
I would have thought it would work the other way around.

Hot damn this was a fast one. I even went off the course once.

Someone had better Finnish the rally in the ferndale before it gets patched out.

I could probably finish it, but I won't guarantee a better time than the shit truck.

>Who else has been in /mscg/ since it was a reoccurring thread on /v/?
I have
>Hard mode: who else has read every single post?
I think I missed one thread.

Now to find out if this will bump the thread since I was the last person to post.

Said page 9 before this

Been here since the start of last general or 2.
We need some more shit in the OP.
MO when you read this is it ok if I give out a link with your exhaust model with a retexture?
The mod installer is credited and everything

>mfw got a full g27 open box from logitech years ago for 150 bucks
>mfw used ones are selling for 500

>We need some more shit in the OP.
i've been saying that for two threads now. we need people to create a list of links we missed.

Yeah anyone can post them wherever as long as its got my credit in the installer

mega.nz/#!h9JQTApA!zB_ot-5WktZVcF-Ck22Rt0f1EmfrFOow9pLYGYOhXIY

Here's the Muffler Mod. The retexture is kinda shit IMO, I just made it in half a min, but it's better than the red to me

It's the whole shabang. Model, textures. Virus scanner will prolly set it off, due to it being made by UABE, so giving you guys warning now.

Adding turbo to satsuma when???

That would be a carb tuning nightmare. Maybe if we can adjust the AFR for both racing carbs so one is low rpm/pre turbo and one high rpm/during turbo boost

Group B rally when?
Also, i saw some post about different rally classes browsing dev post history. That would be hilarious.

I think N2O would fit the game better. It's the cheapest way to make power and it's also easy to destroy your car with.

Any chance this will increase the rev limiter?

Best Buy had them on black friday closeout 2014 for $150 NIB.
This, or a supercharger kit. It could replace the whole carb assembly and have different pulleys. Fits more with the time period, too. Non-ecu turbos are satana.

No it's literally just a gauge

It's a gauge and has a shift light. So you can put the clock back in the Satsuma, and not need to stare at the tach while driving.

>trying to rally in the Ferndale
youtu.be/IxXEJRcey08

I've experimented with setting the gear box ratio to very low numbers using the editor. Usually ends with me having the windshield explode in my face. Anyone tried setting the ratio to an absurdly high value to accelerate like sanic?

What was with that last car? Did the dude forget the parking brake was set or something?

Also there's something satisfying about watching idiots try to show off with an expensive vehicle that they don't know how to properly drive

I have. Set it to 5 and 8 before. The satsuma took off like no other but top speed was pathetic.
That's the trade off for a high final drive

Maybe he was holding in the clutch, had it in the wrong gear or something?
sure looks like he might have busted the engine

I think that last guy destroyed his clutch.

The highest value ratio is great, imo. It's just a bit more top speed than I need for the rally.

Presumably he was holding the e-brake (too hard) and didn't realize that the tires weren't spinning; whether it was him on the clutch or an automatic probably isn't super important.

I was thinking clutch at first as well, but reasoned even a dumbass would've either dumped it and stalled/ran off the road or tried something else rather than just holding it there

I admit I stalled quite a few times when I first drove stick but I was never dumb enough to just hold the pedal there and burn shit

Maybe he destroyed the engine from constant overreving, kind of like throwing a rod from doing the same?

good stuff. I literally had to pause during the narrow road scene. I knew dude was about to hit a tree, and sure enough he did.

>have a lot of money
>buy a powerful as fuck car
>don't bother to learn how to drive it properly
reminds me of a comment from one of the gtag threads about a year ago, when they were talking about super cars having a special drive mode that's disabled by default, to avoid having idiots like this killing themselves.

totally makes sense with all these celebrities buying lambos and shit, when they can barely drive to begin with.

I think this now that I'm rewatching it. I think that he thought the smoke was from the tires, and not the clutch/engine

Funny how a lot of them are Corvettes.

>>don't bother to learn how to drive it properly

I think some maybe just accidents, shit happens. You fuck up and learn from it.

memes

>Funny how a lot of them are Corvettes
It's funny because it's a corvette crash compilation video.

Are you talking about the ridiculous traction control in gta?
or a real life aspect to supers which gimp them so people won't kill themselves?

real life. can't think of the drive mode, but I think it's to limit the amount of power the user has. you can enable it to take full advantage of the engine. wish I could remember the name of it..

Real life super cars frequently have a "safe mode" that's on by default. You can enable "sport mode" to go fast (I assume it's some sort of electronic limiter, names obviously differ by car). GTA just had casualized physics and a global 140mph top speed for the same reason.

Smart people don't buy Corvettes

Well i saw that the reason why a lot of them suddenly yanked to the side was that the rear wheels were spinning too much and lost traction
So i understand why that is a necessary feature

>Real life super cars frequently have a "safe mode" that's on by default.
Most, if not all cars have a speed governor/limiter and have to be mod/chipped to "unlock" full speed/performance. I think its there to protect engine from damage.

>GTA just had casualized physics and a global 140mph top speed for the same reason.
GTA online has reduced speed for netcode reasons i do believe. The game can be moded to have realistic speeds

>Smart people don't buy Corvettes
Whats wrong with corvettes? Aren't they the poor mans supercar?

new corvettes have something for 1st gear which helps keep traction, i suppose it probably locks the diff and limits power so you can [STEP ON THE GAS] without losing control; once in second gear they go into the ditch because these people are just holding their foot down without thinking (and probably mashing the brake once it starts sliding out).

Traction control?

I guess it's game over now.

these people can't even control their rpm baka
i'm not much of a car genius but even i understand thats a shitty idea

Get the kekmet.

I flipped the shittruck and was never able to flip it back up

Holy shit, I never thought I'd see you again.

Guys why the fuck is my reverse not working i am holding s and im not going backwards
i downloaded a save with a prebuilt pretuned car
i also am not going forward either, and the car dies raelly quickly when i try and start it
even if i hold the brake

This better be bait

i love it