/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #453

''Post-Post-Limit Celebration Thread; /lisg/ STRONK'' Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls (Screw 'em! Make new ones.):
strawpoll.me/11794775
strawpoll.me/11794798

Other urls found in this thread:

instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
youtube.com/watch?v=pUacX3Ik690
twitter.com/AmeliaTyler
youtube.com/watch?v=HSsA36d-BKM
youtube.com/watch?v=F8ijEkH_sVE
fanfiction.net/s/12276606/1/Special-Delivery
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this is nice general

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Reminder that a VA had a slip-up and pretty much confirmed they are working on LiS2 RIGHT NOW.

What will Kate get her little sisters for Christmas?

Jesus don't want Chloe for a sunbeam.

Sunbeams are not made like her.

Sorry, we pretty much know for a fact this won't happen.

I'm glad someone made a thread, I was running out of ideas for new editions.

Max is #1

Who?

>Max and Chloe are #1
FTFY

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

youtube.com/watch?v=pUacX3Ik690

Skip to 10:45.

Still don't know who it is.
How can we make sure that she's working for Dontnod or something?

She says it in that video: twitter.com/AmeliaTyler

She's had two tweets that scream NDA damage control.

Don't think there's a way to make sure she's working for them. Far as I know, UK tax stuff isn't publically available either.

I mean, we already pretty much knew Season 2 was happening and that dontnod is working on a project that just makes no sense to be anything but Season 2. But with them apparently already hiring VAs, it seems they are quite far in development? And with her being a brit, maybe the next season plays in England?

"slip-up"

Sk8er gurl!

Better late than never

Max likes skater boys.

I'm sure skater girls are fine too.

It's good to remember you aren't a script.

It's kind of a Freudian situation, really.

"Now that's the Chloe I remember."

o-oh jeez y-yeah it's me. I don't know, I don't think it's my place to chose which one of the artworks gets enlarged... Should be a vote or something so we can go by priority!

Oh no, I'm not THE kateposter. It's some0ne else that usually posts kate.jpg

Guys, what can I do if I need more of this game but replaying it isn't filling that void inside me anymore?
Is it finally time to kill myself?

It's time to enter fanfiction.

Fanfiction. I'd give you recommendations but I haven't read any myself.

If you die how will you use your imagination:)?

I just want them to be real
By using my imagination I'm only playing Michel's game

>I'm only playing Michel's game
Exactly. :)

750 posts last thread, tons of comfy art, some more hints about S2, and Christmas next week.
Good times we live in.

Hey, guys.

In case you don't have anyone in your life to tell you this, Merry Christmas.

Stay safe, and try to enjoy yourself.

"Sorry we're late. Max wanted me to stop so she could take a photo."

"I'M the one who made us late? That picture took thirty seconds. YOU'RE the one that wanted to stop and fu-"

"Fuel her up! She was low on gas and needed more."

"You've saved yourself this time, Price."

I can't wait for more info on S2, I know I shouldn't get hyped but I can't help it

Merry Christmas to you too, user

Thanks user, merry Christmas

Kind of funny how everything Max points out she likes is something that turns out to be applicable to Chloe.
>Skater
>Geek
>Smart
>Caring
>Not afraid to stand out or go against a crowd
Seems Max's heart knew what she wanted and Max's mind took a little bit to catch up

You are forgiven. "Fueling" takes precedence!

Will do, and you try to, too!

I shall. Luckily I have my parents, grandma and turkey to celebrate it with.

Adorable image.
Chloe wearing a tanktop under her sweater, Max with the mistletoe in her hair, and that great looking tree with funny little ornaments.
Dontnod should have made a Hawt Dawg Man ornament or something from LiS.

>fueling
Pic related.

That sounds great. Christmas time is family time, after all.

Obviously we are always glad to have family, but this time of year gives occasion to really be made aware of that again.

Your editions were good. I really like that we have always had and continue to have people around that care about putting in a bit of an effort.

The steaming-hot cups of tea with the Christmas sticks in them are also a great touch. The only thing that's missing is night instead of day outside the window, with hints of snow - then it would be Maximum Comfy.

That artist is going to give my heart an overload on the lewd/romantic Pricefield stuff. It's so beautifully done.

Also, I think that may be hot chocolate. But it could also just be whatever you want it to be. I agree about the nighttime though, would have made the image just that extra bit comfier. That one posted in the last thread with them and their parents was one of the best Life is Strange images I've seen based alone on its concept.

>candy sticks in hot chocolate
Ew.jpg

But maybe they are just Christmas-stick spoons!

And yes, afterlaughs is putting out quality stuff at an astonishing pace. I don't really like their latest work though: it's tumblr's wet delusion of Chloe. Not yet uploaded on tumblr, so excuse the watermark.

Peppermint in hot chocolate is great!

I do see what you mean about that recent one though. It doesn't even look that much like Chloe to me, something about the face just doesn't seem very Chloe-like.
And it is indeed very tryhard and making Chloe look like something she is definitely not (Though I could just believe it was a joke and she and Max decided to take a photo where she looks as "badass" as possible.
Chloe had a vest in some of her concept art, would have been neat to have seen in game. Maybe she wears one sometimes in the summer.

What is that wet delusion?

That she's overtly obscene, violent, and in your face with her sexuality.

It makes tumblr wet?

It gives some fans on Tumblr a "strong independent queer character" (or some bullshit) to force their own ideal into. Like those who have crazy headcanons like "Everybody is trans and has some mental/physical disability" .

I don't mind seeing a silly little thing of Chloe being cute or impulsive, but mostly I just want to see Chloe be Chloe. Not some caricature or mouthpiece for the artist.

That vest is actually based on the photo we can find in her room. Would have indeed been nice to see her in it - or just another outfit at all - at some point (although, her original outfit is still the greatest and I didn't mind she wears it all game - in general the characters having one defining outfit they wear most of the time makes for great aesthetic recognition and association value).

However appealing afterlaugh's art is, her stuff does lack a certain sentimentality and fragility of the game. It's all playful and nice, mischievous and sexy. That's not bad, especially since she's doing it very tastefully, but it is not too grounded in the spirit of the game, doesn't summon upon that spirit.

Basically .

Wet dream, but delusion because more than dreaming of her like that, some actually see her along those lines. To an extent she certainly has some of those sides, but not only do people often get the extent extremely wrong (she's not only relatively tame even in her expression of those sides, her expression of those sides is most often in a joking, sarcastic, playful or otherwise self-aware manner), they also don't see that those sides are not what defines her at her core.

This piece seems an obvious exaggeration with artistic intent, but the "mean, filthy, asshole punk slut trash queen, lesbian Elvis Presley gunslinger ashtray greaser girl" type is what not few people think of Chloe as, or at least like to think of her as - delusionally so, making her bland, vulgar, filthy, macho, oversexualized, off-character schlick material.

Often, I can't help but feel these are "lesbians" that really want a man, but still want to be sexually "diverse", and so they take women and make them as "manly" as possible without actually going there (hence the macho thing). Whether a conscious phenomenon or not, it just screams "sexually confused teen girls" to me, and often just has nothing much to do with the actual character anymore.

Chloe is more flirtatious than she is openly sexual. She likes making Max flustered but can also hint to things. Things she wants, like Max.
Little comments that get her point across and that have a playfulness, but were never vulgar.

Word limit prevented me from adding: afterlaughs' first two pieces come closer to that spirit/to summoning it.

It's all still great art and I like it. It's really only this butch Chloe thing I don't.

Yeah, that's also a thing. Using the characters as mouthpieces for their agendas or ideologies, giving them this and that lifestyle, various mental disorders, sexual/gender identifications and views and so on. Some of it has a valid purpose, but a lot of it I'd just rather avoid altogether.

I suppose they lack significant spearheads figures for those modern, new-wave ideas and so they use whatever is popular? Kind of ironic if you think about it. Like for example, one thing "LGBT" LiS does so very right is that it is not making commentary at all - political, societal or otherwise. It's just love between two people, it's normal, no one has problems with that or any gendered quality of their relationship. Especially not themselves. That's what I think should be how media strives to touch and cultivate that subject: portraying the connection and relationship first and foremost, in an athentic, character-centric fashion; gender and everything else a circumstantiality. ...And so when "tumblr" uses it as a "LGBT" game (which it is just not) and the characters as mouthpieces for "LGBT", sexually or otherwise, that's often just shooting themselves in the foot (however much "LGBT" they really are themselves, that is).

But I have no authority or experience to go deeper into that topic. It just seems a little... interesting, psychologically.

Yeah, she's not sexually dirty or vulgar at all. The audience are teenagers, right? In commonspeak teenage everyday reality, I'm certain they say more vulgar or sexually "offensive" things in one conversation than Chloe does over the course of that entire week. Teens are lewd as fuck, how can they understand Chloe as a particularly vulgar-spoken person.

They should just make their own characters if they want someone to be a champion, or whatever, for those issues. Maybe if they write a good story it could be an interesting written piece or even game.
Though I have my doubts since everything would be politicized and I just want to stay away from that.

As for Chloe, what did she do that's "bad"?
Getting expelled from Blackwell was because of arguing with teachers, graffiti, and maybe drinking on school grounds. That stuff is usually just worth a suspension (Though Blackwell is a private school so they have their own standards). The real problem was she gave up and stopped caring about her work, which made her grades plummet.
She did some stupid stuff and probably regrets it. Maybe she even wants to redo school and finish (I think she would). But what it boils down to is Chloe is not a bad girl like some picture her to be. She made mistakes that she owns up to and tries to move on.

If I remember correctly, "Love is Strange" surprised me with how unpolitical/unidealized it turned out, considering. (Obviously you first have to accept the premise that All Girls Are Gay.)

But I agree: I don't like if the characters get (ab)used for these things - often they use them mostly because they want the attention they get through that fandom association. Not to make too all-encompassing an argument though; again, there's valid reasons for some of it, it is not really all that bad most of the time with LiS, and the primary reason why I don't like it is simply because I cannot always avoid it in my search for art and fiction.

And yes, Chloe is not that "badgurl" type. Her "bad stuff" is relatively tame (for one crucial thing: she does not seek to harm anyone, certainly not for harm's sake), and primarily expression of understandable biographical and emotional problems; her personality however - that we see come through instantly, and then more and more, with Max back in her life - is something very different. If anything, it's surprisingly, endearingly non-corrupted, non-lewd, non-filthy, and so on, considering her past and place she's in, emotionally and otherwise. How hopeful and optimistic she's stayed despite it all, not just moping about, doing hard drugs or drinking herself stupid, or let alone being suicidal, but actually still working towards things that are important to her, still having things she likes, humour, energy, liveliness. And once Max is back, so very eager to be happy again, taking her in, opening up, helping, smiling, playing, confiding and listening - all that, on day one already. There's an edge to her, playing into her behaviour especially at the beginning of course, and also one in her personality. But it's not at all a "bad" edge, or extreme.

I'm seriously amazed by how chill Chloe was after meeting Max again. Meeting in such a hectic situation really helped them patch things up quickly and move on to work together to try to find Rachel.
I'm sure if they saw each other in Two Whales or something after five years they may have argued a little bit, but still would have talked and forgiven each other.
In all timelines Max and Chloe end up together.

She can't help but open up to and fall into Max. She wants it, needs it, dreamed of it, longed for it. Her walls crumble right down. As you say, it's just mean to be, they complement each other and fit together, make each other whole again like two pieces of a broken-apart one thing that they are.

An especially adorable detail in this was that Chloe's worked on researching time travel from Monday to Tuesday. Not only did she believe Max, she wanted to help her, work with her, for her, do things together. Being resourceful and eager to build bridges, and more. And she doesn't even mention it.

Max also says how cute Chloe is when she sees the research she's done.

"Do you know how awesome this is? I get my best friend back, and she's also supersized?!" - sums it up really. Chloe was so excited and full of eager joy practically the instant Max came back with her to her house, and after learning that she'd saved her, of the powers, and of the fact that Max will be there for her now, wants to be... - that night must have been one of the best of Chloe's life. Getting all amped up for Tuesday to play with Max. No wonder she wanted to see her right for breakfast. I can see her waking up full of hype, a more energetic morning than she's had in a long time. She was probably late to the Diner because she had driven off without her pants on and had to drive back, that's how excited she was (and then acting all cool when she enters the Diner - cannot be making it too easy on Max! ...Which she then does as she melts away in the booth with her, all stupid "You could make a move on me haha!"). The Chlo-puppy stuff is so apt for much of this.

Life is strange anime when?
Closest I can think of is steins gate

I forgot Chloe did research as well. She's the one to first bring up "Chaos Theory" in regards to Max's powers. She's a smart girl to read through all theoretical stuff and make realty out of it to try to help her friend.
Chloe looks hesitant when she enters the diner. She saw Joyce and Max talking and I wonder if she was worried what Joyce was saying. Trying to play it off as her not caring what her mother thought, but deep down being worried.
Even though Joyce was pretty fair with her words. Chloe in that time was in a troubled spot and Joyce was hoping Max could help her.
Which is exactly what Max did and much more.

An OVA could be cool. As long as it ends with Max and Chloe leaving together like the game did.
Maybe do a timeskip to show how everyone is doing a few weeks/months after everything.

Life is Strange anime now!

youtube.com/watch?v=HSsA36d-BKM

A troubled and sad spot, but things are looking up so heart-capturingly. Even with where things led, Rachel, the drama, the storm... I can't help but see such a great optimism in it, overcoming all of it, growing through and beyond it all. Finding themselves and each other. It's so powerfully beautiful.

youtube.com/watch?v=F8ijEkH_sVE

\lisg/ thinks the Chloe ending is canon.
Michel said it so himself,it isn't.
There are two ending depending on your choice, and it's 50/50 what people chose, so there are no clear obvious choice

"We" do not think the Chloe ending is canon - that would be delusional because the fact is that neither is canon.

The Chloe ending is however our canon, our clear and obvious choice. And that's just as much of a fact. What do I ("we") care about what other people can do or do do?

If someone has their reasons or convictions behind their ending choice (pertaining their choice, not the respective opposite, and mostly more personal reasons), I have no desire to convince them otherwise. This is not "one truth", it's a video game after all. But it's my ("our") truth.

Then why is lisg so biased

>no obvious choice
There is, but mostly because dontnod are poor storytellers and didn't show what they intended to.

What do you mean? Why do people have opinions?

Nobody here is saying the Bay ending does not exist. That would be delusional. (At best we say Max would go back again after sacrificing Chloe. Which is not something we truly have to believe, because we wouldn't pick that ending anyway.) You may pick whatever you want. Doesn't mean people have to agree with you or your reasons behind it.

When people had their reasons, /lisg/ has always acknowledged that ending. For example when it is used as a reverse-realization or reverse-"emotionalization". Or when there were personal reasons, like with Ashly. Even when people brought up the idea that it's metaphorically about acceptance and overcoming the death of a loved one. Most here do not see it as that, cannot, will not. But they can see how other people can see that in it. They will give their side of it, that they see something very different in it, and elaborate on how their choice feels right to them and their understanding of the narrative and characters.

But nobody here says there is an objectively "right" choice, only choice for everyone. If anything, /lisg/ has always said that both endings are not "right" for the story.

Because the only ending that makes sense in one where (At the least) Max and Chloe are alive and together.
Because going back and letting Chloe die fixes nothing. I'm not even talking about the storm (Which can still come at any time), I'm talking about the personal issues Max, Chloe, and everyone else got through that week. It's all undone and nobody grow up or thrives in that ending.
Most other places see it as a utilitarian thing of "Well more people are alive so it's the better choice". /lisg/ uses their brain to see that being alive does not necessarily mean being well.
Call us biased if you want- there's plenty of other places to go if you want to act like the ending was good.

Do you guys think Max would have decided to stick with William's timeline if Chloe's condition wasn't so bad and she wasn't actually going to die?

No. Chloe being immobilized it not fair.
As much as losing her father sucked for all of them, they got through it and know they can be happy despite what happened in the past. If William knew what his survival that day meant, he would gladly walk out that door to save his family.

That sounds almost exactly like the idea behind the bay ending. Why shouldn't William be able to walk out the door and dedicate his life to ensuring that Chloe is safe?

Nice!
I see the artist used a different hair texture, but at least there it doesn't look too realistic from the parts I can see.

I guess that means Chloe snuck into the dorms, or was let in, and left Max a message. I wonder if she left anything for anyone else. A drawing of a bunny on Kate's board, a little doodle of a reindeer for Dana, a sack of coal on Victoria's board and perhaps a little jab at her.
Chloe should hang a mistletoe from Max's door frame and then knock.

There are some big differences.
Because he is a father and his priority is his daughter and family.
Chloe's priority is Max, and vice versa. The whole reason Chloe even offered herself was because she didn't want Max to feel any guilt and she didn't want her mother to potentially get killed and leave David alone. And as mature as that is, Max, Joyce, and David would not be able to go on after losing Chloe like that.

Chloe is priceless and must be protected

>Because he is a father and his priority is his daughter and family.
And it's in the interests of his family that he should stay alive, provide them with a comfortable livelihood and be a loving father to Chloe.

In the scenario we saw, Chloe was dying and the family was going to face massive debt.
Not saying William should have died or had to, but Max and Chloe both understand that as shitty as thing were, they could have been worse. Max decided that her power created a timeline she was not comfortable with and that Chloe was not going to be able to enjoy, so she changed things back.
Chloe survived those five years despite how rough they were, and by the end of it all she is given closure and a new chance to have a better relationship with Joyce and David.

Kate learning to be a smart ass would be adorable. The more she hangs out with Victoria, and Max and Chloe, the more quips she learns.

I thought that was Warren crossdressing when I first saw it

R-rude.

The author that wrote that Thanksgiving story with Max and Chloe competing to make a turkey is writing a Christmas one. Chloe becoming a jewelry maker is an interesting idea I haven't seen yet.
fanfiction.net/s/12276606/1/Special-Delivery

>Max unwrapped her present, opened the box within, took out a small loop of colorful, braided cord. "It's… a rope?"
>"It's a necklace, dork! I made us each one, they match, see?" Chloe pulled back the collar of her sweater, revealing an identical braid hanging from her own neck.

Adorkable/10

>We will never get to see an older Maxine and Chloe Price and them enjoying Christmas with their children

Lesbians can't have babies.

It's called adoption. Or Magic.

I'm sure Chloe will insist on trying though. A lot. Just to make sure ;)

I'm sure something in the fairly near future would allow two women to have their own child. Would probably be expensive, though a trip or two to Vegas with some luck (And rewind powers) could fix that.

Warren can be their donor.
:^)

No. He cannot.
We just established that two vaginas cannot create a child.

>but what if warryn offers to give them oral sex
b-because he's a dickhead, get it?