Good evening, gentlemen

Good evening, gentlemen.

Let's talk about tires.

In your opinion, who makes the best and longest lasting tires when it comes to all around grand touring and performance feel?

My car came with Dunlop runflats, they ruined my spine.
Uniroyal Rainsport 3s are pretty decent- slightly cheaper than the likes of Pilot Sport 2s or Sport contact 5s, but they're really grippy and displace shitloads of water in the wet. Seem to be holding up to spirited driving really well, too

the guy who posts them to craigslist for 50 a set

Anyone have experience with Pirelli Cinturato P7 All seasons?

Michelin

They are also the most expensive, but you get what you pay for

t. worked in tire sales for 4 years

My personal favorite is michelin always make good quality stuff and have never let me down

How noisy are BFG Rivals for daily driving?

Deciding whether to get Indy 500's (not the shitty Wide Oval version) or stepping up to extreme perf tires.

Michelin. They don't make them in my size so I have S.Drives and really like their performance, didn't want to go with a 200tw for street.

>longest lasting tires
The more friction on the road, the less the tread life.

As for the best, some tread patterns work best on certain tire profiles and tire sizes but can be surpassed by other brands for different profiles and tire sizes. And it's clear that some people include road noise while others don't care about road noise in their evaluation of "best".

So when you ask what the best ones are, you need to define what "best" means. I say the top 9 criteria out of 10 for best tire is that it MUST be made in china and the 10th criteria is price. Therefore, only china tires can be the best in the world. That is my truthful statement. And if I had those criteria for "best", then I actually could post in this thread without lying to you. So, you really need to define what "best" means when you ask.

For now, all chinese-made tires are better than every michelin tire. Guaranteed. All chinese tires are better than Continental tires - GUARANTEED. Absolutely true. Not lying. All Pirelli tires are worse than any chinese-made tire. Guaranteed and I am not lying. Chinese tires are the BEST tires compared to all other brands in the world. This is absolutely true. There are no exceptions.

im fucking sick of cheap tyres what the best budget aussie tire to get in 255 r18?

T. Sum ting Wong President of made in china

/thread

Toyo R888

or Pilot Sport Cups

You can't go wrong with a Michelin or a Conti.

Dunlops and Pirelli are "good" but for me the Dunlops have too much bounce and Pirellis are way too stiff.

Contis only last half as long

Should just get S001s

>In your opinion, who makes the best and longest lasting tires when it comes to all around grand touring and performance feel?
I know everyone is going to shit on all seasons because they are figurative shit in all seasons, but I have had decent tread wear from my Michelin Pilot Sport AS/3. 40k miles and I still have half the tread left. Michelins balance the best out of any tires I have ever had.

I'm putting Michelin Pilot Sport 3 on my car tomorrow

Hope they're good

Yeah, but the ride is just as good, if not better than the Michelin; and sometimes at half the price. For what you pay Contis are the best value tire.

What youre looking for doesn't exist. You can't have a grippy tire last 80,000 miles.

Michelin, but they're pricey. You pay for performance.

"Believe me. Guaranteed."

1st choice: Michelin Pilot Sport for summer, Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 for winter
2nd choice: Pirelli P Zero for summer, Pirelli Winter Sottozero Serie II for winter

Your car, wheel alignment, and driving style have a bigger impact on wear than tread wear ratings. A tread wear of 200 is perfectly acceptable for daily driving on some cars. A tire on a Porsche Boxster will outlast the same tire on a Nissan 370Z. Some cars (especially BMW) have suspension geometries that dial in excessive tow during cornering, which wears tires faster. Also, tires generally last longer on lighter weight cars.

This guy doesn't lie. He's right.
Believe me, I am not him but he is not wrong.

BFGoodrich

They're in the damned trees!

Fuckin' Charlies....

Why are the Wide Ovals so shitty? I got a set on closeout and cant really complain thus far

>who makes the best and longest lasting tires when it comes to all around grand touring and performance feel?

OP's question has only one absolute requirement - grand touring tire. After that, the tire must have performance feel and longest lasting which both have equal weight. The grouping category of "best" is satisfied when the top choice of tire is selected. Finally, the question only requires that one manufacturer name be provided in order to satisfy the request.

ANSWER to the question as asked by OP:
Michelin.

I guess they'd be fine for modest driving. But for hard driving, they really lack grip. The new Indy 500 is best-in-class though, even better than the Sport Comp 2.

>tfw people actually think Michelin is a good brand

Name tires that are better than Pilot Super Sports at being both daily driving and track driving tires.

>Dunlop sport maxx
>Pirreli p zero Nero or scorpions.
>Bf goodrich g force sport comp-w

Next question.

>Pirelli Scorpions
>Good
So you're telling me that a brazil made, all season, hard as shit, tire with this tread pattern is better on a track that an ultra high performance summer tire? You are fucking retarded mate.

The dunlops are good tires, as are the bf goodrich, but they simply don't compare performance wise to the michelins.

>he posts a light truck tire/ passenger vehicle tire
>thinks I mean that tire for track use
>calls me retarded
>pirelli p zero (Nero?) summer tire
>pirelli cinturado

Oh god you had me going there .

Michelin is pure shit. Enjoy your tread sipe separation. And cracking sidewalls fucking nerd.

wheels look familiar
Toyos are shit

I got whatever slightly dry-rotten Bridgestones were on the car when I got it. They had "like new" tread depth so I left them on.

Deine Ehefrau ist sehr schön

Hakkapeliitta master race

Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8's are the best studded tyres there are.

*for on-road use

I have never tried any really good expensive tires yet, but this winter I just put on the Michelin X-Ice Xi3's on my 2015 Camry, and today's first snow, the tires performed amazingly well, super quiet ride, great in braking, and lots of control, also tried to do some spins in the empty lot, and tires stuck like glue.

For the Summer I'm going to look at the Pirelli Cinturato's P7 All Seasons, unless I can find something like a dedicated Summer tire that's around the same price.

The Michelin's for Winter costed me $1k for the set, installed with tax. The Pirelli's for the Summer should be around that ball park too I think. (Canada).

I don't mind going to $1200 or $1500 even with tax/install all included, so about $300 a tire.

It is after all only a Camry, but I am getting into experimenting with cars, just changed the headlights, and been doing some research on exhausts, and other stuff, so tryna get my feet wet into more Veeky Forumstist stuff.

>$1000 for a set of XI3's
Shit, what size?

>Wanting to spend 300$ a tire on a fucking Camry
>wanting to put summer tires on a fucking Camry
>wants to modify a fucking Camry
>exhausts and other stuff on a
FUCKING CAMRY WITH A CVT HOLY SHIT GUYS

>just changed the headlights
Man your modifying is getting pretty serious huh?

Michelin Super Sports. There is no other argument. The only exception is if you don't need Summer tires and feel the need to buy all seasons, the Michelin A/S 3 are also an option.

215/55/R17

Senpai, it's a learning experience, that type of thing is priceless.

Camry also doesn't have CVT, its one of the reasons I bought it over the Accord.

> When someone doesn't know their Camry's but wants to shit talk

Yeah, my modifying is getting pretty serious. Looking into getting the Borla exhaust on it, but trying to figure out if its possible to put it on the 4 cylinder or not since it's only got a single exhaust. It probably is, but it will be some work figuring it out since the undercarriages are different between the 4 cyl and 6 cyl.

Also, pic related, my Camry

>modding an automatic
>ever
>laughinggirls.jpg

>when someone doesn't know their Camry's but wants to shit talk

What a cuckold come back. The word Camry is so cringy

Imagine trying to get a girl in bed and she asks you what car you drive.

>C...C..camry it's a 2015 and it's a PZEV so it's good for the environment
>manual? No I got the A..Automatic because I commute 5 minutes to work and I can't drive stick

Fuck good luck kid.

And you're retarded. Any exhaust can be modified to fit any application vehicle.
Fucking borla on a Camry holly fuck I'm dying

Actually, I commute 40 minutes to school each way.

Also, my Camry is hella spacious, white cloth interior, fake wood accents, and a banging upgraded HD radio system. I'm also going to change all the orange lights to white LED's, and get some of those interior lighting strips for under the dash and seats that dance to the music, as well as some underglow, and an LED light strip in the grill that also dances to music.

I want it to look as stock as possible for now, but with all the little upgrades so people are surprised when they see what it can do.

I know any exhaust can be modified, however, I don't want to do too much modifying, so I am doing research to find a solution that is as close to plug and play as possible.

>Also, my Camry is hella spacious, white cloth interior, fake wood accents, and a banging upgraded HD radio system. I'm also going to change all the orange lights to white LED's, and get some of those interior lighting strips for under the dash and seats that dance to the music, as well as some underglow, and an LED light strip in the grill that also dances to music.

Do not do ANY OF THIS

Do you not know what a bolt on exhaust is?

Nope, what's this o_O?

danke

>Implying a random chinkaboo has the same knowledgebase as President Elect

>implying the same phrase carries the same weight when compared to someone who won the craziest election cycle in modern history

Garbage going by the P7's that came on my car when I bought it.
I've still got two on the rear and they slide in the wet constantly despite my car being FWD.

Nokian makes some damn good tires in my opinion. I'm on my 5th winter with my Hakks and they still have over 50% tread left. I've had zLines, entyres, entyre 2.0s, HT SUVs, and WRG3s as well. They've all outperformed the Michelins, Bridgestones, and Continentals I had before them.

Sport comp 2 are pretty great. I have never been disappointed with a bf Goodrich tire. Same goes for Michelin, although they are more expensive.

I have never been impressed with goodyears. I am currently running kumho on my beater. Not bad.

Continental hits the best mark in terms of Michelin like performance but at a modest price.

Also, I shopped Pirelli P7 and saw the reviews about the wet performance. Went straight to Continental PureContacts on sale and they've been just fine.