What a weird fucking hobby we've got

feels thread

this is your chance to blog my dudes, I'd like to know more about you

my only joy in life comes from doing drugs and moving around in a steel cage fed by exploding dinosaur squeezins

what a fucking wild time to be alive

cars are so fucking cool but just what the fuck man

what does it mean

Getting my life back on track, currently make 70k a year, have a job, place to live, but feel like a total loser/piece of shit on a daily basis time to start working again and getting my life back on track.

petroleum is made from algae, you fucking cretin.

im depressed as fuck and the only way to get my mind off blowing my brains out is with (((lol weed dude))) and just driving really fast

This feel

Fuck driving high though that paranoia

My car is broken, I went to the pull a part, couldn't get the part off and now I'm probably going to have to take it to a body shop. I've been bitching about this a lot on here but I feel really bad about it.
My worst fear is that my car will never be the same.
It's my fault, and I feel so stupid. Hold me Veeky Forums.

The "weird" hobbies are the good ones, as they have not been inundated by normalfags.

mustang?

>My worst fear is that my car will never be the same.
I've posted this before in a very different context, but who cares if the car isn't the same? It's still YOUR car, that's what matters.

good luck man, wish i had some fucking money

currently in community college for reasons unknown, currently fucked up, but starting a job at a garage next week that might be fun

ran my car into a curb but finally pulled the destroyed wheel off and it doesn't look like i fucked anything up, just needs an alignment

your fucking mom faggot

samesies, selling some camera shit tomorrow so I can buy some weed and dissociate
smoke more lol

Im disillusioned to everything I used to love and life in general

Ive fucked up everything Ive touched and attempts at repair only made it worse

2016 will probably be my last year on Veeky Forums was fun shitposting for the past 7 years but its time to go and put this chapter behind me

cars are normalfag af

I seriously dont know what you tards mean by it being weird

Because it won't be as good and as nice to drive.
But thanks, that means a lot actually. I've been really ashamed to drive it since I broke it, but you're right, it's still my car.

shit yeah, I empathize deeply

derealization is a bitch and the drugs aren't helping

2016 has been the worst year of my life

I think there's varying degrees of "liking cars" though

Like damn I fucking love cars, and smoking marijuana for example brings a different dimension into my appreciation of cars, the connection i feel to these mechanical beasts is unexplainable

I hate DXM, this is fucking degeneracy

>smoke more lol
im not a vapefaggot so i quit smoking for a while

>DXM

you make the thread on /mu/ or is this just a coincidence

same actually, at least the past few weeks, it was fucking with my motivation too much

now it's winter break though and it's too comfy not to, if only I wasn't broke...

ive been sober the past 18 months.

first six was hard but now im home free mate.

Besides weed and alcohol fucks up your driving skills so bad

fucking lol hey bud, jesus christ it me, just fucking pathetic

Every time I hit the touge I get high as fuck or drunk, it's just not the same

ayy just wondering
I was the guy who posted the Pavement album

were all pathetic in some way bruh

small fucking world, damn the internet is weird

You guys gonna fuck er what?

Welp have fun misjudging something and crashing

out of curiosity what kind of car do you drive and why?

I've got an old Subaru Leone wagon, it sounds pretty sick and is practical, fun to slide in the snow in 4Hi, comfy 80's aesthetics and some charm

dream car is an FD or more realistically the 86

maybe i will, I've driven high more than I have sober over a period of several years though, as delusional as it may seem I think it does not hinder me and maybe even helps me "feel" the car better

drunk is very rare though, and then it's only buzzed

I used to drive a Probe GT but its fucked and I have no job so both statuses are staying the same

as to why it was one of those cars I always liked and 17 year old me feel in love with the turbo on the test drive

I have a Chinese scooter too but fuck riding it in this weather

I wish I could get cheap ass cars as you amerifats. And have some shit parked outside with the mere end of dismantle it and put it all together again, just so I could understand more how a car works. And if it doesn't, we'll, one day it will... I want to get my hands dirty on this.

I bought My Summer Car to try to mock this, and hell... It really sucked to have to find THAT exact position where the checkmark appears or fighting against the physics... God damn those physics suck.

Driving is probably one of the best parts of the day. Traffic sucks but there's always a little bit of room to squeeze a little more out of low gears trying to feel that thing, but not wanting to be a fucking Toretto, just that it works as an extension of yourself. That bond between man and machine.
And I can't even think about what it would be if I had a car I actually wanted, Since I got an Indian made 1.2L city car, that may look cool for someone my age, also being a 2016 model. My dad handed it to me and that's what I got, not that much bitching cause otherwise I would be taking the bus, but I'd like to feel a little bit of joy, and I would like to feel it as mine.
Earning the money I earn is practically impossible. Is not bad money, but prices are high for 3rd world country, not like USA where you can mow some lawns and buy a shitbox out of Craigslist.
God damn I envy you bastards, I always get mad when I browse Veeky Forums and somebody shares Craigslist ads or start talking about prices.
I guess I already left my sadness/anger out for this Saturday night

fucking lol nice, def a curious shitbox

I've been toying with the idea of getting a 50cc scoot for the past few months, seems like it would be fun to go out and fuck around on at night, but yea fuck that in this weather, /colorado/ here

Fender mirrors make me rock hard

I just want a better job, low insurance, and more ways to tinker, is that so hard?
But oh well, you do it for the car.

damn user that sux

I also came from a third world shithole but of the Eastern European variety, so I at least happen to be a decent looking tall white male

America is nice though, at least for cars

Somehow your post ed me to looking at the Tata Nano GenX website and that gave me a nice chuckle

yeah theyre fun

though the headlights on mine are the downright dangerous if you dont go full throttle to brighten them up

which is some shit considering its a 2016 model

Chinese build quality I guess

Been looking at this 280z on craigslist for like 3 weeks
Price even drops 500
Just waiting for bonus to come in
Came in early to day
Called to ask
Sold last night
FUCK!!

Buy Ford Ranger instead, with lift and bigger tyres.
Excite about truck opportunities.
Nagging thought in the back of my mind I lost one the the best chances to buy a dream car.

Absolutely all the feels at the same time.

I just need to win the lottery

>> at least happen to be a decent looking tall white male
Haha yeah I guess I have that one too, even it's a South American shit hole, we got mostly of our ascendancy from Europeans.
>>Somehow your post ed me to looking at the Tata Nano GenX website and that gave me a nice chuckle
Made me Google that one as well! Guess I'm not that bad then, I have a Suzuki Swift haha

yikes, my backup shitbox is a 90's Chrysler New Yorker, the headlights literally do not illuminate beyond 5' in front of the car, driving at night is a fucking game with death

why didn't you get an older Honda or something? I've heard nothing but bad things about Chink scooters. I really want a Ruckus but fuck paying at least $1500 for a decent one

It's incredible how much those circumstances and your choice will affect the path of your life

4 u

I had been planning the s30 life for like 4 months, I was getting so hype for it.

Now I'm on the off road life. Which I enjoy, but I just can't stop thinking what could have been.

These cars make my dick diamonds

>2016 Suzuki Swift
>for free

eh that's not so bad, it's not quite as easy as "mowing a couple of lawns" here either

I got a job the day I turned 15 and i biked to work/school in all seasons to save up $3000 for my first car, bought a really nice Miata for $2800 at the very end of my senior year in high school, 17 at the time

When your parents aren't poorfags it's a different story though

wew ive driven fucking DRUNK and i never crashed.

even driven on opiate pills and been ok.

ironically its sleeping meds and antibiotics that are the worst

> Which I enjoy, but I just can't stop thinking what could have been.

fuckin a man, I think this is why cars are so mind-boggling for me, they're such an extension of oneself and dictate so much of what you do that with each car I get it's literally a different "life"

Z's are neat as fuck btw

driving fucked up is nice, I don't understand how normies can't handle it

the best driving experience I've ever had was chucking the aforementioned Miata down an incredible mountain road on an eighth of mushrooms

psychedelics + driving in general are pretty fun

yeah nah i never touched mushies

I absolutley love my car. I tried picking up another hobby and ive tried a career path to shift my focus, but i can't. No one understands my passion for my car.

I dont want to modify it, and i dont want to restore it. I want to only drive it everyday. Im a driving enthusiast first

if you're the type to not give a fuck, I'd highly recommend it

The beauty of living in >current year is how incredibly accessible drugs are

You can go to bclsupply.com, and order 4-aco-DMT with a credit card for like $30 USD

It's a completely safe and proven chemical that metabolizes into Psilocin (active ingredient of mushrooms)

You can also order LSD perfectly legally over the internet if you're so inclined, shit's kinda nice

I feel you upside-down friend, I'm pursuing an unrelated career just because I want to make money someday. But hey, noting matters so I still live in hedonism and do whatever the fuck I want and somehow get away with it. I guess it's all about balance or something

Always loved seeing your car on here, there's something very beautiful about it

What motor's in it?

I just checked what is more similar to Craigslist in our country, and for 2800 (which is exactly 5 salaries if I don't even buy a single bubblegum) and what the world has to offer me are 80s fiats, with more rust than paint, or cars from a really questionable precedence. Otherwise, there are cars for that price that could cost 5k (those same fiats, but less rusty) but the difference between those 2.8k and those 5k, are money that the seller already assumes as lost, since it owes those 2.2k to the government from road taxes since early 2000s. So if I but that car, I would have to spend 2.2k to regularize it.

A miata for that money? Holy mother of God, car culture would be so different if we had those cars at those prices.
For reference, my Swift GA (the most basic between basics, not even powered windows) costs 16500

sauce on webm?

lol that sucks I guess, the availability of cars is certainly a damper

>tfw as your life has become way better and more stable, your ca ress reflect it

Doing really shit at school, probably have to retake, major fucking operation coming up in a few months which will leave me unable to drive or walk for a long time, no GF or even any girls in ANY of my classes. No job or money. At least I have my family and friends, and a house and food. Recently got a Mk2 Golf to work on to forget about all of this tho :)

>major fucking operation coming up in a few months which will leave me unable to drive or walk for a long time

What is the operation?

Spinal fusion surgery. $50,000 of titanium being drilled into my fucking spine. I don't even get to keep it :(

fuuug dude, I just got done dealing with a herniated disc and I thought that was bad. Did you hurt it in an accident or something?

Holy fuck user, what did you do?

Hope you have a nice recovery at least.

Just shut up and buy an s30

I'm 21 and I haven't got my life straight I still live with my parents and trying to keep a shit box the way I want it with minimum wage is leaving a sour taste in my mouth. I'm to the point in my life where I don't know what to go for in life.

You and me and every other 21 year old are in the same boat man... Just get the car you want now because life doesn't wait.

Cars are like th number one normalfag hobby

Technically I didn't do anything, I have pretty severe scoliosis. Pretty much nothing I can / could've done about it :(

That sucks m8. Here's to hoping you feel all nice and straight after everything is over and done with.

I have also lost contact with my old friends ever since I got a gf.... I just wish I had a friend that had the same interests and work on each other's cars with a few beers.

I have a 2.3 gpa in community college, working a new job for amazon pulling 50+ hours a week, and highly stressed. Can't get laid. I miss doing drugs and getting fucked up but the paranioa of my Generalize Anxiety Disorder fucks me over all the time, I feel like I'm inches away from dying all the time from some kind of heart related illness.

My truck is out of commission cause some spic fuck rear ended it and the drive shaft later ended up chewing itself apart cause the center support bearing failed.

I was denied for a 14k loan to buy a FD

Even if my truck was fixed I would probably go back to hating to Daily it cause its just so boring. I want a fun car in my life cause I feel thats all I have besides gaming which is feeling numb lately.

>tfw got into cars, got a gf, got a job, and got friends
>tfw I can never put any of them together, or shit storms will happen
I don't even know why none of my friends care about cars, People at my job are all assholes, my friends are super conservative, and my gf is liberal. I might as well start over with everything.

I would but I don't have enough ruples.
And I don't get paid nearly nearly enough for the bullshit I put up with.

I feel this one.
Bought a truck yesterday, and got some things today to work on it.
It's not particularly fun to drive, but I've found you can hoon almost anything
And fuck, those vidya feels. I've bought like 15 games in the past 6 months, but I just can't seem to get into them. What happened to the me that played for hours on end.

>work 50+ hours a week at amazon, I'm guessing somewhere close to $15 an hour
>still ask for $14k loan

I don't get it. Surely you could just afford it?

I wouldn't start over trying to find another girlfriend (unless you're unhappy being with her)but the friends thing I would.
>mfw gf says she likes to help me when I work on my cars but the moment when it comes to something specific and she doesn't understand me she gets ass mad. kill me.

I JUST started making 12.75/hr but I haven't got a check yet. I was converted to a permanent employee. Before I was making 11.75. But honestly I'm bad with money and have only been working there for 3 months now. I only have 500 bucks in my bank account. Also living in Cali I get taxed up the ass, I make less money working overtime hours.

seriously this, I can't play anything for more than a hour or so.

Where you from friend?

I only work around 18 hours a week and just take the money i get from working my shitty job and buy and sell car parts to fund my project car...Just gotta find a side hustle my man.

I too only derive pleasure from driving . I think it's because going fast is the way my subconscious is helping me kill myself without those moments of dread if i did it consciously

Freshly unemployed, looking to do some more translating in the coming months and not report it to the IRS. Motorcycle is in winter storage (dying inside a little every day) and car not bought. I almost pulled the trigger on a twingo, then for some reason backed out. Fear it might be seasonal depression.

God I want it to be spring already

Im the same way. Drugs cars and my motorcycle. Which is incredible dangerous to ride while using drugs (heroin)

It means life is fucking meaningless and stupid and you should try and exit reality as fast as you can in the coolest way possible

Commiefornia

Hobbyists are plebs

It's a way of life.

Yikes, that is a great place to buy cars from but a terrible place to own them. I do envy the endless mountain roads you have.

Really want a project car but it seems like life doesn't want me to have one at the moment. I finally have the mechanical ability as well as the tools to do some fun projects but now I have to live in an apartment for a while. I'm just ready to get settled into my career and start receiving some steady income.

Maybe after living in this apartment I can find some friends to rent a house with together, haggard garage style lol.

>I cant Drive
>never got a license because no money(license is like 400$ here, more than 1 month of min wage)
>used to enjoy cars casually from games and tv shows like top gear
>start watching youtube car videos
>cars just make me comfy
>cars reduce stress
>cars are the combination of very technical engineering and very primal sensations
>just really suits me
>come here to learn things about cars and read posts and get comfy
>hope to get a car soon after I graduate and start making money
>hope I do not miss out on the fun shitbox days where I get an attachment to a crappy car
>I will never be stupid and young with a car and go on adventures around my city

oh wow this is a sick edit.

just buy an actual car and not a Honda civic and you will be well respected in the car community.

But there is a very ironic appeal of getting a civic. What about other Hondas and Acuras?

you make me sad, and I'm a virgin driving a fiesta

Civics aren't so bad, its the owners doing stupid shit. I personaly think they are very boring cars.

Don't listen to that guy, buy whatever you want. Who gives a fuck what other people think, it's your car.

well i am a virgin driving nothing

...but my life down a cliff. HAH

this man

"He who makes himself a beast gets rid of the pain of being a man"

It means that the reason why you seek adrenaline is because of your animal instincts which make you wanna go back to the time where you didn't have time to contemplate the meaning of life and didn't care about your emotions.

Driving fucking fullfils me and makes me forget all the stressful and in the end meaningless shit from my stupid uninteresting pathethic everyday life.

Too bad I will probably never have the money to start a career as a racing driver, so I can only die as an unknown street racing hero.

Lel you don't street race you faggot, you walk subarus driven by moms in your hoonmobile

It's not your fault, motors are expensive as fuck. I have a car and I a motorbike and those help me forget my woes, but will never erase them. I just live with sadness, it's like an old friend. Like enjoying the cold. I have no interest in life since a long time, I would just like to let it go but can't because I love my family too much. Also, I have expectations and goals in life that are way beyond my capabilities and I am incredibly stubborn and want to achieve them at all costs, but I can't and therefore life has no meaning. Moreover, I am still a kissless virgin. I accept the fact no one wants me as more than just a friend, with immense sadness and desperation, but I accept it because when I'm on two wheels, good and bad have no meaning anymore, it's just speed, and it takes away thoughts, it gives me a new purpose, as long as there's fuel in it.

>some guy on the internet tells me I don't street race even though he doesn't even know if I'm even old enough to drive

ok.

Well I am and I attack corners at a nearby mountain pass with a couple of friends and IT IS FUCKING EXCITING

why would you even fucking argue you will never meet me anyway

man all that sucks. i hope for myself i dont go to shit like u explain. i really hope my life turns around after i graduate. being broke is really a shitty thing.

its nice u still got drive and still have hope you can change things. that is more than most.

t. 16 year old

>why would you even fucking argue you will never meet me
That goes both ways you retard, you wouldn't argue if a nerve wasn't struck. Faggot.

I have no hope, I just stay in this shitty life trying to enjoy the enjoyable. I don't even know what's "enjoyable" anymore, tho. Sometimes I go to the disco and do drugs, it's not actually "fun" but it's something that occupies time. I could even stare at a wall for hours, I am losing the sense of "good" and "bad". I still have some good friends that I actually like as people, I regard most of the other ones as worthless but I still go out with them to listen to their bullshit, only because I like to observe their behaviours and throw in some shitty jokes to laugh and distract myself from the usual thoughts. In a certain way, my lack of will to live allows me not to worry about things, which is good.

almost none of you faggots even paid for your own car, your parents did you internet dwelling losers.

Ausfag so i highly doubt it but

>order LSD legally

>LSD being a schedule I drug with the sentence for trafficking generally being life in prison

Something seems fishy

Bro, don't give up. We all have hard times, you just have to tough it out and do what you can about your situation. I'm in a similar one to you, you just gotta see the good in things - you have your bike and car at least. I know this probably doesn't mean much to you, but you have to keep trying; surely it's only up from here. Go to car meets, get Tinder or something, meet up with old classmates - if you truly have nothing to lose by trying to meet/get in touch with people, then do it. I hope you find peace.

xD

>HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERES JOHNNY

More of a lurker but I feel compeled to respond since I was in a shitty life situation too.

This describes me a few years ago after highschool

>Didnt have friends
>Social Reject
>was fat
>never had gf
>shitbox car
>no real career prospect
>working shitty part time retail job
>going to college but not really learning shit or socializing

basically just wasting my time

Got fed up with it all, quit college, and focused on getting a better job and fixing myself up

Lost 30 pounds of weight via hardcore calorie restrictions

Put effort into meeting girls, in person, tinder etc. Actually worked out and managed to get a few girlfriends that I had a lot fun with.

Managed to get better full time job via working on resume, interview skills, and applying like crazy.

After a year at second job I managed to get an even better job which im currently at and was able to afford nice 30,000 car.

Its all about effort and making calculated decisions. Even the lowest of losers can make it if they have enough will power and tact.

Seriously just make a plan for yourself, in what career you want to pursue and what social life you desire. Once you have a plan in place do everything in your power to make it happen.