/hbg/ - Hombrew and Hacking General

Previous thread:-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>General
-33c3 presentations on December 27th. One for 3DS and Wii U, one for PS4. Both will probably be livestreamed.
fahrplan.events.ccc.de/congress/2016/Fahrplan/events/8344.html
fahrplan.events.ccc.de/congress/2016/Fahrplan/events/7946.html

>3DS
-11.0/11.1 downgrading released. Requires 4 specific DSi games that are no longer available. More info here: 3ds.guide/nfirm-downgrade
-If you're on 11.0-11.2 and don't have any of the 4 games above you'll need a second 3DS along with any DSiWare game.

>Wii U
-ColdBoot HaxChi looking promising, may want to wait for lower risk implementations
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468
-New DNS that block updates have been released. gbatemp.net/threads/451486 & gbatemp.net/threads/436346
-New tool for dumping images from a Wii U disc has been released gbatemp.net/threads/wudump-dump-raw-images-from-a-wiiu-game-disc.451736/

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds.guide/decrypt9-(homebrew-launcher),
smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/starter.zip
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/LocalFriendCodeSeed_B/start/2016-12-03/end/2016-12-05/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is Pikachu, say something nice to him and the PS4 will get blown open!

Remember that DS rom loading from SD is not worth waiting for

I-I like your tail Pikachu

Coldboot Haxchi seems pretty stable now. And it boots you into mini CFW so you don't need the region-free hack either.

Fingers crossed for bootrom

>hombrew

>No DS games via SD

(reposting in the new thread) had cakes on my 3ds since the start, about to go through the a9lh guide and switch to luma. I figured I just start from step 5, 3ds.guide/decrypt9-(homebrew-launcher), but it's been so long since I've done anything to this ds I'm not sure where I'm at.

"follow all instructions from within or applying to SysNAND" - so I boot into sysnand and access the homebrew launcher from there (through the browser? can't even remember if that's possible)

sorry for the stupid questions - if anyone has any other guidance to offer, it would be much appreciated.

Why would that be at 33c3?

Yes, you should be on 9.2 sysnand, so you do everything from there.

Falls under 3DS bootroms my guy

It's completely unrelated, what gave you that idea?

Because you want the 3DS to boot roms.

lol

>If you're on 11.0-11.2 and don't have any of the 4 games above you'll need a second 3DS along with any DSiWare game.

Does anyone have a link to a guide on how to do this? The page on 3ds.guide only lists the methods that require one of those four games.

>Use this link to downgrade your NFIRM with DSiWare and a second 3DS (which already has CFW)

Fuck I'm stupid.

>NUSgrabbing Wii U titles
What should I watch while waiting?

hmm, launching browserhax via the qr code sends me to my (emnand?) boot menu (cakescfw, pastacfw, homebrew) - is this right? do I select homebrew launcher from here? unsure if I'm still in sysnand or not

K-ON

Oh you'll need to get rid of boot.3dsx and get a new one from smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/starter.zip (just copy everything in here to your SD card)

You can backup the 3ds folder/boot.3dsx first if you want to for whatever reason, but you almost definitely won't use it again after installing a9lh

ahh I see, thanks for the help. do I need an updated version of menuhax or anything or am I good to just leave everything as is?

I have one small question on Wii
I have hacked Wii from some time. After installing most .wads and launching them I've got black screen and console seems to freeze.
What's the deal here?
Not the biggest complain, I play Wii and Gamecube games only on this

Azunyan a best!

You should be fine, you're not going to be using HBL for long

Have any of you played that digimon cyber sleuth game?

How does multiplayer work for it, is local multiplayer possible or online only?

Just a quick warning (posted this last night, but I figure more eyes will see it today): make sure that you remove your internet settings from your PS4 entirely. I had my connection disabled, and last night despite that my PS4 randomly started trying to resume the update in the middle of playing The Last Guardian. I'm lucky that I happened to be awake and on the console at 3AM, or else it probably would have succeeded. If you want to keep your PS4 safe, delete your internet settings and, to be extra careful, change your wifi password.

or just turn on mac filtering LIKE YOU SHOULD IF YOU WANT REASONABLE SECURITY

Where can I find the 3ds public friend code seed?

no free entrypoint for 11.1+ ;_;

OP should probably be updated for Rebug 4.81 came out for PS3.

Also
>ColdBoot HaxChi looking promising, may want to wait for lower risk implementations
Coldboot Haxchi isn't even dangerous if you aren't a complete retard. And I think the new version has safeguards to prevent people from moving it to USB or deleting it anyway.

>he updated past 4.5
>he updated past 9.2
>he updated past 9.9
>he updated past 10.3
>he updated paste 10.7

5 chances and you manage to be a fuck up. Your father should've shot you on a wall.

kek

This, so glad Rebug came out

Who /10.3/ here? I remember dicking around with the smug pasta man, cakes and whatever the third option was.

I don't miss it, I love my A9LH!

Remove 9.9 because it was a meme. Add 11.1 because 11.2 patched slowhax and the race condition on the title checking that may be used in the future.

Third option was Reinand, if you had N3DS.

>tfw still waiting for pingo to deliver

Are the .wads the same region as your console, or are they region-free?

Do you have the correct IOSes installed?

No one told me getting PS1 emulation on a N3DSXL would be so easy. Shit I'm surprised it's not mentioned more in >literally no excuse bait threads.

is there a way to get all the badges on nintendo badge arcade?

Following the A9LH guide, previously using CakesCFW. On the step where it's asking me to clear the Home Menu's extdata by navigating to a certain folder [/Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)] but I have 3 of these folders - how do I know which corresponds to sysNAND? The biggest one? Or should I just do it for all 3

Biggest would probably be emunand
All 3 is fine, but you can check dates on the smaller 2 if you want

I used those freethewads programs and same thing.
But damn i remember that some ntsc wads worked on my pal console
>Do you have the correct IOSes installed?
this is a mystery. I bought my wii homebrewed.

Is it safe to update the 3ds? I have luma installed. Failing that where can I find this information?

Farming Simulator '16 vita dump never

Nobody knows?

Are you installing the .wads directly to the Wii itself, or are you trying to set up an emunand?

Also, is this an actual Wii or a Wii U's vWii?

Wii itself
Physical Wii - red, mario one
I've done it like 2years ago, just asking what's the cause
oh you crazy Germans

I think it's an IOS issue. You might have to reinstall each IOS with a clean, official, untouched version. (Except, obviously, the custom homebrew ones like IOS 249, 250, etc)

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. If you do decide to reinstall the IOSes, make sure you get the versions meant for actual Wii's, not Wii U's vWii.

If you install a vWii IOS on a real Wii, or vice versa, you WILL brick.

Convince me not to buy a ps2.

>get World of Final Fantasy
>successfully import save
>download and install update
>voiced dialogue still doesn't work
Ooookay. Also, does anyone have a set of instructions as to how to get amphetamin working with taihen? I'm not sure what to add to the config.txt for games.

Can't you just emulate it?

his friend delivered in the end though

forgot to quote

thanks bro, gladly Ogre Battle 64 works

Doesn't feel right.

After hacking my new 3ds it looks like my screen is fluctuating in brightness. What the fuck is going on?

I'm not an expert, but if you get a PS2, I've heard that fats are preferred over slims.

The fats have the HD Loader if you install a hard drive to it, and it runs well. Slims, to my knowledge, don't have the HDD expansion, so they're only limited to the USB ports. Which normally wouldn't be a problem, except they're USB 1.1. So they're slow as shit. You'd be better off burning discs instead of using the USB loader for PS2.

So, if you're cool with just burning discs, you can get a slim. But if you prefer hard drive storage for your isos, get a fat.

Or, get a PS3 and hack it.

Or, just emulate if you have a strong enough PC.

Why not? You can use dual shock 3 with your PC.

Turn off auto-brightness.

>OoT at 260 No. times played on the activity log when oothax finally works again
>want to back up some saves before I launch waithax, just in case something goes wrong
>save manager freezes on the yellow screen
This is so fucking stupid, and so am I

Back to mashing A, I guess.

>so they're only limited to the USB ports
bout thats wrong user-kun
Ethernet port is there, But it's kinda hassle to setup it, judging from in this threads there are lots of people that can't install cfw on 3DS with a fucking guide.
Anyway. Is there a easy way to install games on fat ps2 HDD without connecting it to pc with IDE controller?

I have both a ps3(almost dead) and strong PC but I'm going to buy a ps2 anyway.
Thanks I'll go buy a fat one. Funny how the older version of consoles is always better?
If you don't understand, I can't make you. Just call it autism I guess.

>Anyway. Is there a easy way to install games on fat ps2 HDD without connecting it to pc with IDE controller?
There's hdl_dumb but it's fucking shit

For taiHEN, do you still have to reinstall it every time you restart the Vita? Still on R6 and haven't bothered updating to taiHen yet, but I heard it's gonna become standard soon.

So it's kinda pointless to buy FAT in my opinion.
Home Server or shared partition on pc is the way to go then

>Funny how the older version of consoles is always better?
Except in case of PSP.

If I buy the DSiWare needed to downgrade a 3DS, do I have to buy it everytime for every console I want to downgrade or just once?

and a fucking 360
slim models are usually way yo go

3DS auto brightness is fucking garbage. Phones do it perfectly but Nintendo can't do shit right

No, you just need a legit copy of one of the games that works on your Nintendo account.

I do recommend keeping it saved on your SD and backing it up and not deleting it, in case Nintendo removes the DSiware games.

Reactivate rather than reinstall, but yes. Just use sleep mode rather than turning off.

check the 3dshacks subleddit for info
but yes, unless nintendo finds out how to override the a9lh lock, updating is fine

Anyone else mod their BF N3DS only for the thrill of it but have since not picked it up to pirate and play games?

I don't have a boy friend so I wouldn't know

Is it safe to update games that i got from legit cias? (on 11.0 with waithax and no downgrade)

yes

We can play the new Shantae in Taihen r-right? ;__;

Can you go online with Huehax games or will you get banned?

Give it 5 hours.

Why does my N3DS hate Nintendogs? I've been trying to play it since last night, and each time an error occurs when I boot it up, forcing the software to close and re-start.

I just want to pet some doggos to distract from the depression.

are you on a9lh?

sorry user

I am.

hm. is luma updated?

is there any way to delete things from the "choose your favorite title" list on 3DS? im autistic and hate it being all cluttered with games i only played for 5 minutes

Did I do something wrong? Grabbed the fatal frame game and DLC from NUS but it's just the free-to-start thing. Is there a way to make this the full version without buying it?

Apparently not, but I just updated it. Cheers for the heads-up, gonna try this again.

good luck, hope you can pet doggos or cattes

is it safe to play mario maker online

thanks a lot user

What are the chances of Nintendo getting rid of the DSi games?

I bought that DSi game Sudoku just in case since I plan on buying a n3DS XL.

Question, since for some reason this can't go on /vr/ - is there anywhere you can buy a USB stick for modding an original Xbox that isn't in a lot of 200 from some random guy on eBay? Do any modern sticks work?

Anything should work senpai

You can just use a random flash drive you have lying around.

Just buy one of those cheap USB adapter cords that plugs into the controller port.

If I use Sysupdater on Emunand is there any chance it could brick my system? or will it simply not work? I want to install 2.1.0 version of emunand to mess around with.

boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/LocalFriendCodeSeed_B/start/2016-12-03/end/2016-12-05/

0%