XCOM General - /xcg/

Doorn Edition

Previous Mission: News:
1) XCOM2 has released for consolefriends

2) Long War Studios has released the Long War Alien Pack:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=577474474

3) Julian Gollop is FUCKING STILL working on his new game Phoenix Point. It's a turn-based tactical game with strategy elements, destructible terrain, geoscape and character progression. He was recently nterviewed by Eurogamer about it.
>phoenixpoint.info/
>eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-29-watch-we-ask-the-creator-of-xcom-about-his-next-game-phoenix-point

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

XCOM2 modlist, updated as of this thread!
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist!
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Modlist Steam Collection - Contains 99% of the mods in the modlist:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756115171

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN (embed)
Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Hero Music:
>youtube.com/watch?v=IrFs2hO1bLc
>youtube.com/watch?v=Xsl01e4hkbY
>youtube.com/watch?v=50E-QwEdl5Y

Other urls found in this thread:

sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/1240/
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Veeky
pastebin.com/B047QXKr
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=819693464
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are the mods compatible with Repackaged versions of XCOM2?

I don't see why they wouldn't be

IF I don't have Shen's Last Gift will they work?

newfag reporting in, post beagle videos where he gets the most dickish luck and pod generation

You can probably see about that on mods' steam pages. Again I don't see why they wouldn't work if they don't change anything related to Shen's Last Gift.

Also aren't you pirating the game? Why the hell aren't you downloading the DLC then?

I want to cuddle with Vahlen!

Can't find a patch for the freaking DLC either I download 30gb or a repackaged version with 19gb when I already download a version without the damn last DLC

But thanks!

Reminder that Jake hates fun and will never remake TFTD

Even in late Pistols are still Useful.

>missclick dash past a door into lowground
>active three pods
goodbye team

pistols are useful

>ironman

lmao 3 pods!

3 pods!

Is this an evolution of 2cat? I love it.

As nobody answered my question in the previous thread, I'll repost again:

I have a question for people using ReShade: Is there a preset you have to use?
sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/1240/
Which one should I pic? I'm not super nifty with computers, but I want to try and install ReShade, because the changes look amazing.

I answered your question in the previous thread and i don't want to do it again.

>Not Annette
Shit taste

>not Julian

>game gets stuck on alien activity
what do i do
i felt pretty good about this mission

Does anybody have the link to the .ini fixes for XCOM 2? I just bought a high end PC and I still get stutters and drops in FPS constantly.

pray probably

So in Piratez has the toxigun research and gemstones for endgame armor both been fixed/patched out?

Just beat the game for the first time on veteran, what do I need to know before starting commander?

Not much really. Basic troopers will now have 4 health, so you can't just nade them. Plan accordingly.

grenades don't one shot early game grunts because they have 4 hp instead of 3. advent tech up much earlier, 3/4 of mind spins on your troops will MC them.

It's much harder. medium cover is no cover, break los.

/xcg/ will be playing /gsg/ in the RO16 of the VGL7 after this match.

implyingrigged.info/wiki/Veeky Forums_League_7
stream : pastebin.com/B047QXKr

Toxigun looks like it's still required for chemistry... ugh. Hopefully they turned up the spawn rate on those fucking guys.

Looking in the files, bio suits still require gems, destructor outfit still requires gems...

Sigh.

I didn't find the jump from veteran to commander to be very hard, from commander to legend is insane though

I talked with the devs on their discord and they confirmed the Toxigun is more common and gems show up in more missions.

Fucking good

Is it just me or do Retaliation missions not really matter much in the scheme of things?

Unless you're riding the line on the doom ticker and it's in a region blocking facility access or it's the first one and you don't want to miss out on meme beacons can't really see a reason to do them sometime.

Think they need some kind if rework to make them do or die like Terror missions were. Maybe locking out the region for a long period or something.

Here we go

Region locking can easily wreck a Legendary campaign
>t. user who got rekt on legendary due to region locking

Where the fuck do life support systems come from? I'm almost to the end of year two and i still have no fucking interceptors

They don't have a big noticeable effect, but it does cost a lot of time. You lose out on the time you spent discovering the region originally, and the time you need to discover the region again.
But I do agree, they need to have an immediate noticeable effect like old terror missions.

Game is starting soon

Oh snap boys, we up against grand strategy general

>Sectopod head model
top kek

i have never wished for a picture of central with a beer cap and a foam finger that reads: /xcg/ so much

Yeah I'm not saying they can't fuck you just that it's possible that they won't.

As it is rhe're about equal to a bad Dark Event Guerilla OP.

BEAGS

Double Beags

By the numbers

>Andromedon hiding behind cover
>Have my Psi-Op use fuse to blow up his grenade so I can melt him with the rest of my squad
>Grenade goes off, cover is destroyed
>0 Damage: Miss

With this win we are going to the final day of this VGL. And Beagle shows that he hasn't lost his touch on football yet.

Tomorrow we can go on a multiple missions if the teams wins the first match. Whatever happens tomorrow I will make it count

>Only the Best!

Bravo Delta.

Keep trucking Detla

Good shit.

should i use battle scanners or is that cheating
>ew long war

shoot i missed the game what was the final score?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=819693464

more maps my dudes

/xcg/ 3-1 /gsg/

Does anyone still have that PatcherGUI file for long war that removes the limitations on augmented psi troopers? Lost mine and cant find it on google.

>should i use battle scanners or is that cheating
What? Good item m8

*augmenting

maybe removing psi xp would work in the console commands

why do sparks take so long to fix

mine hasn't repaired a single bar throught the whole campaign

Hold on commander!!

I think some mods mess it up

>stuck on alien activity forever, have to restart
>game suddenly closes, have to restart
aaaaaaaaaaa

I hate aliens

fucking phoneposters allowing ayys access to this board when they die like tards

always battlescanners. every time I move my last dude with actions a square forward it pops like 3 pods at once if no scanners.

implying this is my phone and not the shitty dead advent troopers phone

>Playing EW
>Lost an elite sniper, assault, and heavy, a MEC, Zhang, and most of the base security during the XCOM base assault mission.
>2/3rds of my A-team gone
>Still barely scrape by with the victory
>take a look at their names on the memorial afterwards, along with the various other soldiers I lost before this mission
>Remembering all of their names, and how badass some of them were
>But now they're gone, and I must rebuild with a bunch of squaddies, and the few vets I still have
I need a drink

ayy lmao

look at what this xcom dude dropped guys its some nerd ass imageboard

hello nerds ayyyy

Xenonauts or all orignal x-coms?

original x-coms, not even close.

It's time to mechanize XCOM

Dank. Map mods are my favorit, can't ever have enough variation.

are you using mods

Ayys are gays

only for you commander :^)

So, any of you had any badass SPARKs yet?

I feel like sparks are trash
>no weapon upgrades
>no pcus
>their stats arent good enough to offset the loss

They definitely are harder to keep alive than a regular Rookie at first level. They need a slight rework, I feel.

fucking amazing cheers

I have one about halfway up the upgrade tree right now in fully upgraded gear but the only time the thing ever pulls any weight is on overdrive turns or when he gets to fire his blaster launcher

it's sad because MECs were fucking amazing and sparks seem so lackluster in comparison

>not drinking meld

how do i tech

wut gaem?

Did anyone run into the EW-esque kill animation delay (where damage and subsequent death animation plays around ~sec after the firing animation)? I'm wondering if it's the game chugging under all the mods or the mods themselves. It's rather annoying since it breaks physics and makes bodies just slump to the ground instead of flying away.

On that note, is Edited Ragdoll Physics any good?

I'm on my first I/L run with a spark, it's awful.

The only remotely useful feature of the Spark is that they're available for every mission, that's it. Their damage is low, they're not a high enough priority for advent to focus fire so they're not even particularly tanky. The resources you have to dump in them are astronomical.

I'm in late october and only just now starting to field powered armor and plasma rifles/shotguns. My spark still doesn't have the max rank abilities he needs to be remotely useful despite my funneling him kills every chance I get.

I even cheated and threw a superior scope on his gun from the get-go and he's still been my most lackluster unit. Their skills can even be detrimental.

>Bulwark removing point-blank shots from your options
>Bulwark making Strike even more dangerous than ranger melee
>Strike having the some problems as ranger melee without bonuses like being able to guarantee the hit or anything
>Hunter protocol drains ammo with low hit chances

Without PCS and weapon mods they're completely useless compared to your normal troops, and even if they had that their health, skills, and investment make them completely non-viable to me.

Honestly the xcom2 ragdolls triggered me a little. In EW I enjoyed seeing Sectoids fly back and reee with the more realistic ragdolls.

Xcom2 goes full lazy and isn't even that consistent. Pectoids regularly just drop straight down dead even when point blank shot

I wonder if there's a way for someone to mod MECs in

It's the Unreal engine, so the sky is the limit. anything can be done, hell, Jake even said you can mod the game to use TUs if you want.

lung werr

SPARKS are such a huge step backwards from MECs I just don't understand how they could be made by the same developers.

Just look at Spark's Strike compared to the KSM

Strike
>Not guaranteed to hit
>missing can give the target Bulwark
>low damage
>no impulse

KSM
>Guaranteed to hit
>High damage
>Fist people through walls and break shit.

First time playing the originals

UFO Defense first Or terror from the deep, and what's open xcom do should i have it or is it like freeware xcom?

Defence first. Get openxcom.

Okay, this has now happened twice and I don't know what the fuck is causing it.

Since it just cost me 2 rookies, still early game.

After the mission begins they randomly appear at the spawn about 6 turns in or so. Too far away and too randomly for me to do anything useful with them.

How do you stop this from happening?

That's from the additional missions type mods, they are reinforcements.

Can you turn them off?

Or predict when they come? Since this has only happened twice and they just show up.

Thank you for pointing me where to look though.

It might be an option if you have that mod config menu mod thing, i'm not sure. That said, it usually happens after you complete the first part of the objective, for example if the objective is rescue a guy and then wait for firebrand, then usually they show up after you rescue the vip.

NOICE!