Do people seriously not realize you need to keep your car level while changing the oil?

Do people seriously not realize you need to keep your car level while changing the oil?

like are they too stupid to realize that they're not completely draining all of the old oil, or have they just gotten to the point in their life where they don't care if they waste their time putting clean oil in because it just gets mixed in with the reminaning old oil anyways?

yeah fuckhead i drain it on flat ground then jack it up from the front to get the last drops

Most of the time the drain plug is on the back of the oil pan, so if anything putting the car on ramps like shown in the OP should rain MORE oil.

>i can fit under my car without having to jack it up

get the fuck out of here. This is an auto ENTHUSIAST board, not some place for some grimy faggot who has some stock piece of shit.

>inb4 it's a fucking truck
please just kill yourself already.

>the engineers designed the oil to drain to the pan while tilting backwards because that's what they had in mind while a brand new car is getting the oil changed on a lift.

ho boy here's one of those retards.

actually cunt i'm a skeleton

unless your arm is less than 2" in diameter, get the fuck out of here with that shit

get outta here jew i have nothing to gain from being a bullshit artist

>skeleton
>car is high enough to reach under without jacking it up
just leave.

If you get most it's fine

What do you do, flush your engine with new oil until it runs clear?

sorry that you cant manage to undo an oil sump bolt because your fat keeps hitting the bottom of your door

yes actually i do. i buy 6qts when i only need 4.6, and use the extra to flush out the old shit. it's a shame so many fucking idiots think you don't need to bother with this and waste their time/money changing their own oil and just mixing the old shit in because they're too fucking stupid to know otherwise.

>not having a lift on your car

Enjoy those shit approach and departure angles

>b-b-but uh aero
your shitbox can't go fast enough for it to make a difference

sorry that your parents can't afford to feed you. also i'm 6'2 170lbs but keep going with this and proving how stupid you are.

You know you could get the same unnoticeable effect by changing the oil filter a second or third time, right?

You do know what the oil filter does, right?

You do know that cars surpass 300k miles without anything but factory spec maintenance with old oil left over after each change, right?

You do know that the presence of the filter and the factory specified oil change intervals account for that, right?

>approach and departure angles
found the faggot.

>uh aero
i'm sorry you're too poor to afford a decent car and have to project on everyone else
>inb4 he's some 18 year old who gets his car """information""" from forza.

stay mad

When you're worrying about shit this small I ask you to do some deep introspection of your own life.

if you are seriously implying i was talking about changing the oil without changing the filter than you are a collossal fucking idiot.

>regular maintenance intervals
great to know you drive some shitbox at the speed limit and don't actually give a shit about driving or engineering.

why the fuck are you even here?

I just fucking Kek'd at this mierda

when you're this much of a fucking idiot i recommend you educate yourself on engineering, but maybe just learn how to not be so stupid first.

Why do you even need to drain the oil?

Just get a car with self draining technology!

> beats me why they stopped making them past the mid 80's

don't tell me you drive a truck. If you do, just close the tab, and never return to this website ever again. or if you do, just stay in lgbt where you truck cucks belong

This has nothing to do with engineering you fucking nimrod knuckllehead

HURRDURR UR SO FUNNY user

god i bet your mother wishes she aborted you.

GTFO faggot just reading your post already made want to LMAO and shutdown this shitty computer and go to sleep

right.right.right.

Right.
RIGHT.

not even race teams do oil flushes. the amount of sediment left in the pan is MINUTE. the amount of gunk left in the engine is MINUTE.

it doesn't fucking matter. you use the same amount of oil changing it more often.

If you race you'll rebuild the top end before you notice any where from the MINUTE amounts of gunk left over after an oil change, which is mostly to remove degraded oil that no longer functions as a lubricant

>oil journals are ENGINEERED to be able to drain properly while the car is level, all of the extra oil not used to lubricate the parts on startup is supposed to drain to the oil pan. by tilting the car, the oil is not being drained completely.

how fucking stupid do you have to be to not understand this?

>MINUTE
just like your IQ.

if you don't give a fuck about your car then just fucking leave.

TRUCK KEKS BTFO

faggots.all of you.

What if I told you that I am perfectly fine that some of the old oil will mix.

Let me tell you some horror stories of mine:
I was missing a bottle of synthetic oil for an oil change and you know what I used, just some off-broad different temperature rated oil

I rebuilt an engine and I did not replace every o-ring as per the manual recommendations.

I don't follow the maintenance chart, I just oil change and add other fluids as needed.

I bet all these things will get u real heated.

I AM ABSOLUTELY SEETHING FUCK YOU KYS!!!!!!

There's always adjectives for 'engineering' you fucking dingbat

>avoiding the argument.
good for you.

your problem when a 50 cent o ring shits the bed on your "freshly" rebuilt shitbox engine. not like it even fucking matters, your fatass has probably never seen anything related to motorsports asides from a drag strip.

also i change my oil at 3k intervals or before every track day because i'm not some fucking cucked retard who is on an auto board and doesn't race their car.

mixing regular and synthetic oil doesn't do anything harmful

Racing costs too much fucking money

I can't even do a track day without welding a roll cage in

You realize there is some still left on the walls and trapped in the cylinder heads right?

The amount that you would keep in there from having it tilted would be insignificant at best.

>not removing your pan and inspecting the bottom and cleaning the pickup
>calling yourself an enthusiast
pick one bus rider.

>implying a brand new car is going to have oil to change in the first place.

I think you're the retarded one here teammate

Just ignore him user, he drives a gm..

>Not filling the engine with brakleen to get all of the oil out prior to refilling.

> being this careless with maintenance

>he doesn't run his car with the drain plug off while pouring a few quarts in to get maximum cleaning.

I'm disappointed in all of you

It's impossible to completely drain the old oil on most engines unless you do an actual flush.

So what you retarded autist? Even if your car is level you wont get all the old oil out of your engine and your clean oil always getys mixed with old oil. Fucking hell next time you do an oilchange, drive for a few days and then check your oil again, you might be surprised.

Kek, enjoy your depreciation on your already worthless shitbox

I follow the instructions in the manual. It says nothing about wasting oil by flushing it through the engine to 'clean' the inside.
And besides; last time I cleaned gunk off anything, all the oil leaked out the hole I'd just cleaned the gunk away from.

Newer car has no leaks and holds oil just fine, so I just run the same oil until it's time to change it.

Fuck you, I hammered out the back side of my oil pan, drilled, welded a nut to and put my oil plug in the back side of the oil pan, all the oil pools to the back side when jacked up and drains like a funnel where I hammered it out.

Not him but you sound like a raging autist