Wheels and Rims

How do you pick wheels?

There are 7 trillion options. I am not someone with an eye for fashion and if left to my own devices I will pick something massively gay and wind up hating it.

Are there material quality considerations? If I find a style I like, and one company makes a wheel for $1700 and another makes one almost the same for $200 is there really a difference?

And when you find a style you like, how do you get the best prices?

Other urls found in this thread:

tirerack.com/wheels/results.jsp?&autoMake=Chevrolet&autoModel=Camaro SS&autoYear=2014&autoModClar=2SS
fikse.com/wheels/classic/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

also, just post wheels.

I just pick from the stock wheels. From a higher trim level from another compatible model. like a 5-lug civic to accord. Aftermarket wheels are cancer. Nothing will make me close your listing faster.

>Are there material quality considerations? If I find a style I like, and one company makes a wheel for $1700 and another makes one almost the same for $200 is there really a difference?
Huge difference. The $200 one will probably weigh a lot more while also being much weaker. You probably don't need to spend $1700 per wheel for a street car though.

>How do you pick wheels?
I have 3 sets of Enkei wheels because they're light and look nice on Hondas.

alright buddy, all the wheels you posted by ""Savini"" are effectively nigger rims.

they're oversized, tacky, & just make your car look unnecessarily gaudy.

to pick quality wheels, find something that is the appropriate size for you car (usually anywhere from 15-19 in), something that matches the "style" of your car, & something that is built with quality materials.

like you said, if one company makes a wheel for $1700 & another makes the same wheel for $200 there will be MASSIVE differences in build quality & weight.

for example, a $900 Volk TE37 is light, strong, & looks good on most cars. you can buy a Rota Grid 2 for less than $200 but the wheel will be extremely heavy, and made with poor quality materials, meaning when you put lots of stress on the wheel, it's way more likely to shatter, crack, or deform.

here are some quality brands for you to check out:
>Work
>HRE
>Enkei
>Volk
>SSR
>BBS
>Gram Lights

pic related is what a solid wheel selection looks like for that particular car. the wheels aren't too big/small, & they have enough tire to give optimal performance.

>>SSR
>>HRE
>quality
>not OZ, SPARCO

What should I put on pic related?

Gonna buy some fresh summer rubber in march and want to have the guys put em on different wheels.

>SSR
>not good

you don't know shit about wheels

I just look up used ones around the local ads and national ads that fit the car, then imagine which one I think would look best on my car

>nigger rims
See? I told you I have no skill for this.

lmao u got memed at
i actually do have no clue about wheels

Twin colored wheels like what you posted look gay and ugly as fuck.
This guy has taste listen to him

>does it look good
>is it in a good diameter
>will the offset and width provide a good fitment

stance is everything

this is what tasteless benchracers think

you should really not listen to them and just do what you want

I typically think about what wheels work with the style of the vehicle.

I like to put wheels on that simply alter the appearance without making it look like I blatantly customized it.

Wheels like the ones you posted are all about attention whoring the fact that you put new wheels on your car and this is only made worse if the rest of the car isn't modified visually to some degree.

Having wheels like you posted on an otherwise stock car is like having a normal house with a bunch of crazy windows and doors.

>anything but factory

Steel wheels are the real deal

Whos got the best selection? Easiest to use website for order?

Tirerack's selection sucks for my size, rears anyway (275).

how bad is pic related?

mustang/12

tirerack.com/wheels/results.jsp?&autoMake=Chevrolet&autoModel=Camaro SS&autoYear=2014&autoModClar=2SS

god dammit someone make me look cool

if you're buying your wheels from tire rack you're doing it wrong. go on google images, find pictures of your model and color, then use wheels you see there to find a look you like. then get them custom manufactured by a proper shop.

You can never go wrong with a nice straight 5 spoke.

get a nice forged 5spoke from Fiske. It's classic aftermarket americana.

fikse.com/wheels/classic/

Gram Lights and Volk are both under Rays

There's also WedsSport, Advan, Fikse, OZ, Gemballa and a couple others I forgot

yeah, i know.

was kind of in a rush making the post, so i just listed stuff off the top of my head.

all the brands you listed make good quality wheels as well, & are worth checking out.

It's fairly easy to narrow shit down. You figure out what size wheel based off well size, determine material, determine weight, then determine color and style.

It wasn't hard to settle on Welds for my Challenger. They're the best option for the price.

I agree with you on most points except for the Rotas. People like to shit on them because they had a bad reputation a few years ago, nowadays though they really are decent wheels if you're looking for less upmarket.

Most of their wheels are JWL certified and, imo, are light and strong enough for something you're gonna use on the road, and sometimes on a track, that probably doesn't have as much power.

Conversely, I wouldn't throw rotas on an FD, or a GT-R because if it's a more powerful car that simply costs more, I wouldn't mind getting some BBS LMs or some Te37s.

The myth that budget wheel brands like Rota, and Konig are terrible and should never be used though needs to die at this point. What you really need to be careful with are wheels sold without any certs. If it's not JWL, TUV, or SAE-J2530 rated, that's when you should be scared for your life. Finally, all else being equal,lighter wheels are always better.