Hello Veeky Forums

Hello Veeky Forums,

I'm so happy with my new car, i thought i would share it with you.

interior

You bought a shitty 1 series and are happy with it?
Why not buy an actual BMW?

kanker flick

please don't tell me its a 116i....

Awesome cars.

europoorfag

I had a miata shitbox before this.

explain why it's not an actual BMW

>Actual BMW
This meme again. It depends on the trim; I don't like the 1 series personally but if it's a 135i (or even 128i) that's acceptable. Any trim lower is just being a dick who buys the car for the badge

Miatas are fine, actually they are better and faster than what you got now.
Because it's just an average city econobox, they have tiny engines and no comfort
I'm betting it's a fucking 116d, anyway, the 1 series is BMW's attempt at getting into the VW polo market. BMWs are meant to be comfy sedans or 5 meter long touring cars, not shitboxes

>I'm betting it's a fucking 116d, anyway, the 1 series is BMW's attempt at getting into the VW polo market. BMWs are meant to be comfy sedans or 5 meter long touring cars, not shitboxes
They're ideally meant to be a general mix of luxury and sportiness; the M3/M2/335/M240i etc. encompass those perfectly. Lower tier shitboxes are sold for the badge but they're not bad cars.

If you want to railroad anyone for badgewhoring go after X drivers, somehow BMW made crossovers even worse and charged more for them.

The irony of the 1 series is that it looks like a shitbox but underneath it's basically a 3 series with a hatchback trunk. The suspension components are 1:1 the same. The wheels have a higher offset (ET) so the track is slightly narrower, but otherwise it's a 3 series in the way it drives. And it's even a little lighter.

At least we agree that X-anything is just the new soccer mum car, visibility is also shit, making their driving even worse than the average BMW owner.

The thing is, the 1 series have VW-tier interiors, you might as well buy a Golf which is cheaper and just as comfortable. I guess I just hate badgewhoring
It seems even some of the engine options are the same, but they could have put the interiors on par with the 3 series, then it would be breddy gud

no fwd hatchback drives as good as the 1 series, even with the lower engine displacements
and the sound insulation is great for a econobox hatch

>not enjoying understeer, wheelspin and shitbox noise

It's like you're not even poor

>buying the worst BMW series
Why?

you get wheelspin in any bmw
even a 114i or 116d

It's not the same if you can actually steer the car while the wheels spin, you can't even feel it on your steering wheen

So the 2002 isn't an actual bmw?

02 are mostly Sedans, also old BMWs are wildly different from new ones

BMW has an entire range of cars and always had.

Their very first car was an entry level car. They've always had entry level sedans, hatchbacks / wagons, and roadsters among their luxury offerings since the 50's.

Cheap sedans is their bread and butter.

>mostly