RWD in Snow

Is rear-wheel drive still suicide in the winter? I've always wanted a RWD car but living in the North and the horror stories I hear have always kept me locked at FWD or AWD. Any anons of the ice with RWD cars with actual power?

kill
youself

its retards like you who parrot horse shit they hear from their retard friends who ruin this world for everyone else

kill

your
self
now

do you treat everyone who asks for your advice like this? This thread is literally asking for everyone's opinions.

just remember to use winter tires and buy a set of chains just in case adn you'll be ditto friend

RWD with studs/chains/winters > FWD/AWD with all-seasons.

It's about how you drive and knowing your car and its limitations.

People think AWD or 4x4 immediately makes them invincible in snow and ice and use it as an excuse to drive as bad as or worse than they normally do and end up spinning into a snow bank or tree. No matter what your car is or has, you drive according to conditions.

Just make sure you have good tires and don't drive like an ass.

Advising people to kill themselves is a felony which makes it against Veeky Forums rules.

I just moved to an area that gets about 11" of snow per year on average. How do I drive in snow if they haven't finished salting the roads?

northern europe here
me and my gf have been driving rwd vehicles on snow and ice since we got our licenses, no issues at all
but winter tyres is a must have

>DUDE SNOW LMAO

Why does this meme exist. Moved from the Southwest to somewhere it snows and it's literally nothing. Your only concern is ground clearance.

Once they plow it makes no fucking difference.

People have been driving rwd primarily until the 80s, what makes you think its suddenly too dangerous? Git gud, and buy winter tires if you leave in an area that gets actual snow

How bout you kill yourself bud

You can't always rely on the road being plowed, though.

RWD is perfectly fine in snow if you have winter tires and don't drive like a retard.

>with actual power
Well, actual power becomes kind of useless since on snow or ice you can easily skid even on a

RWD
Proper tires
Weight in the boot if needed

It'll do juuuust fine

Plows and even salting don't always compensate for underlying ice, especially in extremely cold locations.

That being said, I do agree that it's entirely about the driver in all but the most extreme cases, and as long as you take all necessary precautions and drive sensibly, the most you have to worry about is others being retards on the road.

That's why you carry a snow shovel and some wood planks in the boot

The only thing stopping you pre-plow is ground clearance, though.
Snow actually provides decent traction. It's ice that fucks you, and if you have snow tires the difference is minimal between fwd and rwd for daily driving.

obviously If i was pretending to be mcrae i'd have fwd or awd, but to get to work fuck it.

Not true. Plowing doesn't remove all of the snow from the road, just the bulk of it. Here in Massachusetts, due to the extended period of extreme cold between Jan-Feb, it's usual for the roads to all be covered in a thin but densely packed layer of snow that stays there until it melts in the spring.

It's not necessarily suicide but RWD is not fun without winter tires and extra weight

I got stuck on a hill for 2hrs in a T-bird a while back. Went into the woods and collected hemlock/pine branches to wrap around the rear tires. Works like a charm.

>not true
what isn't true? that ground clearance is all that matters until they plow. yes it's true.

Hahahaha no. Get winter tires and put a bit of weight in the back.

I've had an M3 and a Camaro SS as daily drivers in Minnesota.

Just buy good winter tires (I like Nokian Hakkapeliittas), and you'll be fine.

A rwd sports car with winter tires will do better than an all wheel drive car with all seasons.

Just be warned that you can use winter tires up in a single season if you hoon like mad, esp on pavement.

I generally get 3 seasons out of mine, and I will tear up the dirt roads after a fresh snowfall.

My current winter tires are 8 years old with 95% of studs still in place, but I'm generally mr.slow and drive maybe 2-3k per season.

Minnesota doesn't let you stud, and I put 7,000+ most winters.

What kind of wrapping did you do? I did something like that once when a buddy thought it would be a good idea to try driving through a snow drift, but he was intent on rocking it, which caused it to toss branches everywhere instead of gettingo ut.

What new cars even come in rwd?

Acura None.
Alpha Romeo. 4C
Aston Martin. DB9, Rapide S Sedan, V8 Vantage, Vanquish
Audi None.
Bentley. Mulsanne
BMW I3, 1 Series, 2 Series, 3 Series, 4 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, X3, X5,X6, Z4
Buick None.
Cadillac CT6, CTS, ATS, Escalade
Chevrolet Camaro, Corvette, SS, Suburban, Tahoe, Colorado, Silverado
Chrysler 300.
Dodge Challenger, Charger, Durango, Viper
Fiat None.
Ford Expedition, Mustang, GT, F150
Honda None.
Hyundai Genesis, Genesis Coupe, Equus
Infiniti Q50, Q60, Q70, QX50, QX70, QX80
Jaguar F-Type, XE, XF, XJ
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Kia K900
Lamborghini Huracan
Lexus GS, IS, RC, LS
Lincoln None.
Lotus Evora
Maserati Ghibli, GranTurismo, Quattroporte
Mazda Miata
McLaren 650S, MP4-12C
Mercedes-Benz C Class, CLS Class, E Class, GLC Class, S Class, SL Class, SLC Class, AMG GT,
Mitsubishi i-MiEV
Nissan 370Z, Armada
Porsche 911 Carrera, Boxster, Cayman, Panamera
Ram Ram?
> Fuck you Sergio, Ram being it's own brand that only sells the Ram is dumb as fuck.
Rolls-Royce
Ghost, Phantom, Wraith, Dawn
SmartFortwo
Subaru BRZ
Suzuki None
Tesla Model S
Toyota 4Runner, Sequoia, FRS
Volkswagon None.
Volvo None.

thank you for posting this.
+1.

>Volvo None.
This is possibly the most depressing thing on the list.

It is pretty sad, yes.

AWD with snowies masterrace

>cops aren't killed by niggers they are killed because they drive rwd in the winter