Stock vs Aftermarket Wheels

Why do people feel like they need to spend a bunch of money on aftermarket wheels? Stock wheels are going to be better and stronger in most cases.
>inb4 stock wheels are ugly
pic related are my stock WRX wheels, which imo are some of the most attractive wheels out there.

Other urls found in this thread:

thelingenfeltercollection.com/2008-lamborghini-gallardo-superleggera/
autotrader.ca/a/Lamborghini/Gallardo/Kirkland/Quebec/5_26974368_20130704094816219/?showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=2_15_8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Stock wheels are going to be better and stronger in most cases.
You're retarded. Stop posting.

From the looks of it you can't drive for shit
>Kys

while i respect your trips and welcome your opinion, I'm afraid I will have to ask you to cite your sources

Why do people feel like they need to spend a bunch of money on a factory fascia? Tape is going to be better and stronger in most cases.

I don't think anyone has found a lighter wheel for the FiST than the factory alloy yet....

Quality aftermarket wheels are much lighter.
And people get aftermarket wheels mostly to fit bigger tires and/or bigger brakes.

And most OEM wheels look like turds.

For me personally stock wheels are not special, everyone gets them. I like to stand out a little and after market wheels are an easy way to do it.

They can get pricey, definitely looking at $500 / set for cheap ones and $1000 a set for some pretty good ones.

I have a 2015 Camry with the Upgrade Package so I get the 17 inch alloys that only came on the SE (Special Edition) trim, on an LE, so it's very rare to see this combo, but I'm still going to go for an after market set because it's still "OEM" right now.

Probably looking at Niche Wheels.

I'm looking for a look like pic related.

Currently my Camry is in Pre-Dawn Grey Mica, but I want to wrap it a Satin White color, and put some dark grey/black wheels on it. I'm definitely going for 18 inches or 20 inches.

I personally just want to change the look and make it "mine".

Not exactly. In theory, they're meant to be either the strongest, lightest, cheapest, or in between. You can't have it all. Buying aftermarket focuses on one of these categories.

And these are my other option, I like the looks of these two the best.

>For me personally stock wheels are not special, everyone gets them
>drives a camry

>putting anything into a Camry besides gas

If you wanted a flashy camry, why didn't you buy a WRX

>better brake cooling (depends on design of OEM and aftermarket wheel but can often be true
>lighter in some cases (assuming you're buying quality wheels)
>stronger in most cases (assuming you're buying quality wheels)
>different offset and/or width and/or backspacing to fit a wider tire and fill out the arch better
>looks different, usually an improvement over stock in many's opinion

Here you can see the difference between stock and aftermarket and how drastically the look changes.

The only good wheels you are getting for 1k are used lol

A new set of authentic good wheels is 3k+ easily

if you have to caveat your points, they probably aren't very good points.

"Aftermarket" is a broad term. There are shitty wheels and good wheels out there.

I like the look of this new Camry a lot, over any other mid size family car actually.

The whole point of changing your car is to make it more unique, every car starts out as looking the same as everything else.

Haha, just put LED's into it.

Camry is more reliable, I daily it 150 kms, around 3500 kms a month

Meh, most people don't spend $3k on wheels, they just buy some Konigs and call it a day for $1k, I am definitely going to spend more

It all depends on the car user.

Good aftermarket wheels will be just as good, just as strong, but also lighter.

OEM wheels are made to a budget, whereas aftermarket wheels have a much less restricted budget, thus you can get a much better product.

and of all the aftermarket wheels you see throughout the day, how many fit your "points"?

>Meh, most people don't spend $35k on a car, they just buy a camry and call it a day for $24k, I am definitely going to spend more

How dumb are you? You have to spend a bunch of money to get good aftermarket wheels, and there are many reasons to buy aftermarket wheels.

>lightness and strength ($$$ forged wheels)
>tire choice (especially with old cars!)
>mods requiring bigger wheels such as big brakes, more power
>

Hell, even
>muh aesthetics
is a justifiable reason if your car has ugly wheels or you just don't like them.

I bought aftermarket wheels because my stockers were 14x6" and it's impossible to get a decent tire that will put the power I'm making down, plus the sidewall flex of the big donuts softens the handling considerably and my car is quite modified. So I, bought some nice 16s and run RE71s, they're great.

He's right though you fucking chimpanzee. Most OEM wheels are FAR better than they typical chinese BBS clones faggots here put on their cars, or giant polished/chrome monstrosities that lowlifes put on their cars. A decent OEM wheel is definitely better than something from Rota or XXR. In MOST CASES, the OEM wheel is going to be objectively better than your new wheel, unless you've gone and spent $200/wheel and up on something that is good.

>modifying a camry
kill yourself. life is too short to drive boring cars. it's better to stand out because of the car, not because you're one of those fags that put aftermarket wheels on their shitbox.

Senpai, in a few years I will own a 2008 Lamborghini Supereleggera Coupe in Orange, my dream car, 1/172 in the world, literally going to stand out.

thelingenfeltercollection.com/2008-lamborghini-gallardo-superleggera/

Have had a model of it for the last 3 years on my desk, literally love it. It's my favorite gen of Lambo.

In most cases an OEM wheel is going to be heavy as fuck.

Oem Mustang wheels, 29lbs
18×9.5 Rota Grid 22 lbs

>just doing some sick mods to my Camry to hold me over for my Lambo in a few years
Some things you just can't make up

>muh lightness
>rota grid
>stronger
kek
>buying rotas ever
kek

No, you won't.

ya I will.

Going to put 50% down and finance the rest at long term financing for around 2% - 3%.

Insurance is going to be cheap as well, about $350 a month if I keep my driving record spotless as it is now.

Financing $90k at 3% with tax of 13% included brings the monthly to only $1400.

The car will be cheaper than $180k at that time however, so the monthly will be less, my target is around $1300 / month.

For reference: autotrader.ca/a/Lamborghini/Gallardo/Kirkland/Quebec/5_26974368_20130704094816219/?showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=2_15_8

I hope you have a house in a good neighborhood, with a garage. As well as knowledge of common problems for the car, and knowledge of the cost of maintenance at the local lambo dealership. Oh and about $2500+ for some tires every 6 months, more if you're dd'ing. Also, a second car when that ones at the dealership for any service since it requires an engine out service 80% of the time. Also, I seriously doubt you'll get a $350 insurance figure unless you meet all the requirements like the garage, and house in a good neighborhood, as well as additional shit like adding a tracker to the car, plus you'll most likely have limited miles. You're obviously going to want full insurance, not just liability on the car. How's the depreciation curve on that car, about how much will you be losing in that+ maintenance?

Depreciation on Lamborghini's, especially the Gallardo now is pretty much done, it will retain it's value at these prices for a while.

Regular Gallardo's have been sitting at about $130k - $150k since the last 4-5 years.

Superleggeras and regular 09+ Gallardos have been at about $170k - $210k for the same time.

I have a house in a good neighbourhood ($1M house, every house in neighbourhood is near or more than $1M).

Garage, with heat and heated floors.

Will have 4 cars at home before the purchase, SUV's and sedan's.

I will learn about the car, I learned a bit from Vehicle Virgins and Stradman, plus some other Tubers, also doing my own research, but I know a pretty good bit about it. It's my dream car after all, have had a poster of it since the 3rd grade.

>in the third grade in 2010
>owns million dollar house
>current big plans: modifying a Camry

>takes pictures of every car he can't afford and bad mouths it
>can't stand the idea that somebody on a dutch east indie ham radio operator board can afford nicer things
it all adds up

Where did you get that I was in the third grade in 2010?

What?

I've had a poster of the Lamborghini Gallardo since the third grade.

I've had a model of the Superleggera since about 3 years ago.

Million dollar home is not owned by me, it's by my parents, you faggot.

so you want to live at home so you can afford a Lamborghini? lmao get the fuck out of here

>I've had a poster of the Lamborghini Gallardo since the third grade.
god damn dude i graduated high school in 2003 lol

Lmfao, no, live at home so I can save enough to get a down payment together, I'm in college rn, longer program than usual (6.5 yrs) so it's not bad in my situation to stay at home

Anyways, I'm done explaining to you, if you want to know more you can write a full post asking questions and I'll do my best to answer

Dayum senpai, did you have a reunion yet? I can't wait to attend some of my reunions

Hey, honestly if you do actually have all that, good on you. Keep in mind that your parents probably won't appreciate that you blew all that money on a car instead of moving out. Aside from that, keep livin the dream.

A down payment on a Lamborghini, I live at home also as a senior in university but so I can save up to invest and have a comfortable amount in the bank for when I move out around 23.

I just find your reason ridiculous, its not even a nice looking car and you clearly cannot afford.

>Dayum senpai, did you have a reunion yet? I can't wait to attend some of my reunions
There was a reunion, but I didn't fucking go lol

I can afford the car fine. I am not in university for some shitty program like Gender studies. When I begin to work my internship next May I will make $27 / hour, and when I finish school that number will be $43 - $54.

Also, my parents are more than happy to allow me to live at home, they want me to do it.

> Not white kid
> Not going to get kicked out
> hurr durr one kid that has something better than you is ridiculous and buying a horrible looking car and he definitely cant afford it

K buddy

Ah, I want to go to the big milestone ones, like 10 years, 20 years, etc and see who ended up where

Mate I'm in civil engineering, my family have upwards of a million in real estate as well.

I'm just saying its a poor decision financially speaking.

And $43-54 per hour isn't very realistic unless your graduating into CS/SE or similar in the bay area.

I'm not getting kicked out either, hell my sister is nearly 25 and still living with us and she also has a STEM degree. I just wonder why you don't value the independence and being able to do what you want when you want, having girls/friends over etc over having a vehicle you are unlikely to afford even making 110k/year unless your devoting a sizable portion of your income towards it.

What year university are you in and what program?

you are a faggot that wishes to arrive slowly and safely at death if you worry about these things

Nah nigga, I just don't want my nice car to get vandalized the same day I buy it.

all you did was bitch about maintenance and ownership costs like they matter in the slightest

well I guess it would also be nice to drive my car and that's not happening if it's not maintained.

although if he wanted to keep it forever and didn't worry about resale value the guy might get by with doing his own maintenance for more basic stuff

It sounds like something that heartbreaker faggot would post, lying about driving Italian sportscars with no proofs.

Why do people wear jewelry?
Why do people hang paintings on their walls?
Why do people wear different styles of clothing?

Answer: because you're stupid and you ask stupid questions

While in some cases that statement is true, there are plenty of aftermarket performance wheels that can outdo stock ones. The wheels on the WRX STI are really hard to beat though because they essentially ARE aftermarket and not produced by Subaru and are just amazing

>The wheels on the WRX STI are really hard to beat though
i get triggered whenever I see an STI with XXRs

Are they still made by BBS? I know they used to be.

Again there is a problem with that, because for every 1 good wheel there will be a few dozen shitty knockoffs and a few good-ish knockoffs with different lug patterns. Just going by name-brand wheels, they're pretty much all good. It's just the clones that suck.

This. Half of Veeky Forums goes into a 10 yearold wannabestreamer rage at the slightest hint of a normie.

Some people don't know that you actually need to replace the engine oil, not just top it up every year. Some people pay the bare minimum for tyres to pass tests, 2nd hand if need be. They don't care, they see no difference, it's not their thing.

You think they care when you point this out? Why would they? Why would you think they would suddenly see the light?

so then I guess it's safe to say that...
>Stock wheels are going to be better and stronger in most cases.

>implying you will walk out of uni and into a job
good luck mate. Also, buying a $200k+ car when you don't even have a house is a poor decision.

>Muh family has
Who fucking cares, I live on an 80 acre lot worth 2Mil+ with a business run off of it. My parents own it, I live there because I'm going to uni next fall and need to save them Benjamins. But when my parents sell for their retirement funds you know what I'll get? Fucking $0 because I don't own the property nor did I contribute to it. And I have to make my own money to buy my own things like an actual adult. Must be nice to be coddled

>itt: mommy and daddy never loved me
Serously, why do these 200$ apartment dwellers think that everyone's parents want them out of their house?

> I don't already have a nice cushy job with an office set up

> I never had the job waiting since I was born because of nepotism

Sucks to be you user, when my parents retire I'll get a $xM house

I know right, jesus, not everyone is going to follow the same path

Sucks to be you user, you will never be a self made man.

And you will never know what it means to have true, generational wealth. Your name will never carry a legacy.

Jesus fucking christ. This is the level of deluded shitbox driver that inhabits this board.

Get this through your skull:
You. Drive. A. Camry.

I do want to keep it forever.

What do you drive?

Let's see it

Bud I'm comparing myself to help myself to him because he thinks he's somehow exceptionally blessed to have a million dollar house in his family and can afford to buy lamborghinis when he's only upper middle class.

Good on you but fuck off, Im trying kick him off his notion that he doesn't need to make financially wise plans. You did not understand the point of my post at all.

I'm sure whoever gets you that job will be happy to see you pull up on a lamborghini and not feel that they are over paying you at all.

You didn't answer my question, what year university are you in and what major?

Is that fucking blue tape?

You're talking to two different people at this point, I'm just here to call you a poorfag with no pedigree and nothing to inherit because your family line is worthless.

>For me personally stock wheels are not special, everyone gets them. I like to stand out a little and after market wheels are an easy way to do it.

How are the stock wheels on my MS3? I find that they're average for a 2008, but they don't look too boring. Should I change em?

I respect that you understand that the benefit to cost ratio is waaaayyyy off on swapping wheels but in my opinion those wheels like like absolute ass and I would get an urge to change them every time I looked at my car. I mean, you can always get stock wheels from other cars for cheap on craigslist.

Also, pic related, I used to have a winter set of Rotas and Blizzaks for when I lived in Flint, MI to protect my stock BBSs from salt and potential curbage (never curbed them but it was always possible).

Shit, I got 2 full sets of miata wheels with tires and a set of half-used Hoosers for $150 from a guy once. I keep my preciously rare OEM 10.8 pound 14x6" miata wheels in storage now and rock NB 15"s on the street.

if you swap out stock wheels for aftermarket wheels just for looks & """style""" you have autism & should not be allowed to own a car

if you buy aftermarket wheels because you want the benefits of a lighter & stronger wheel that comes in a variety of sizes you are smarter than all of the retards who say:
>B-BUT OEM IS BETTER AMIRITE
>MUH SHITBOX NEEDS STYLE & PERSONALITY TO DISPLAY MY LONG FLOWING NECKBEARD

OEM wheels are alway better than some cheap knockoffs. i hate when anybody buys cheap wheels for car that deserves few grand spent on them

Of course I'm talking to two people what's your point?

>muh lightness
muh lightness is important when it comes to unsprung mass.
Theres numerous benefits that come to handling ,breaking, accelarating.
You want your wheels as light as possible when your car spends a lot of time near the limit.
If you just daily a car it doesn't really matter.
If that shit goes on the track against other cars you want good aftermarket wheels.

>tfw graduated
>tfw instnatly got a dream job that pays shit but makes me happy
>tfw living in a massive house in good part of town
>tfw family has real estate valued in millions and forests
>tfw dream car is a sw20 t-top in white or a tuned up 280z with carbon fibre hood

Because my enkeis are considerably lighter and unsparing weight reduction is king

*unsprung

nigger, I'm practically in the same situation as op, nice house, living with my parents through uni. I just don't plan to buy a lambo since I think my parents deserve to retire without having to have their son in the house all the time

you do you brah, but you could have 3 twingos for the price of a EUR3000 set of vanity wheels

Sparco makes a four spoke set that are lighter iirc

>he doesn't have forged wheels from the factory
LMAOing at your life right now senpai

It is really hard to compare, Most people who get aftermarket wheels get a size up and run low profile tires. This puts alot more stress on the wheels when hitting potholes ect. then someone running OEM wheels and the fat tires that come on them.

Not to mention most OEM wheels are heavy as all fuck which makes them able to take more of a beating.