/rlg/ - DCSS/Recursive Angband Fork/Other Roguelike General

>Shared DCSS online account.
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on CXC).
Remember, enter Control+Q when you're done so the game is saved for others.

>New Demon update adds corpses and relic wraiths. Please play this game
demon.ferretdev.org/devblog/

>FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f
What to Play, Really? Ask in the thread. If someone recommends Sil, Infra Arcana or a NetHack fork you're getting memed on.

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/nXBycdgR

>Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

crawl.xtahua.com/crawl/morgue/Leszczynek/morgue-Leszczynek-20161201-194326.txt
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>feral predator spawns while you're crafting
>impales raquel
>everyone runs to her aid
>predator is kill
>raquel is bleeding to death

Fucking predators, man. Shit's spooky if you don't have a couple first aid kits immediately on hand.

We've lost 3 people to a predator gang and a random hulk.

no @.gif last thread. good job anons. make sure to not post it again this thread. that includes tumposting, mention of "mibe"s, worship of chei, and posting screenshots of C:DDA. i'm watching you.

What's your plan for Christmas /rlg/?

What has your strongest crawl character been?

Mine was a DDFi^Makhleb with +11 vampiric executioner axe and riposte gloves, I was literally invincible.

pakbug supercharged vampiric ex axe +81 +81

some sort of gargoyle

i had a GrFi of TSO that I did a greaterascend with. Can't remember details, though. Probably have screenshot or morgue on my drive...

you're lying you shitter

pakellasbug set the enchantment to a max of +72 and only fer certain base types (e.g. clubs)

what is the purpose of jivya
all i ever hear is that he's not very helpful and I shouldn't take him

Which dude is you?

fedhas => jiyva is the patrician version of the oka => tso 15 rune plan

The one dragging a cargo carrier in the center of the screen.

I was near the solar arrays making biscuits and log exploded with NPCs going apeshit on a predator.

He doesn't seem that amazing, since he gives and takes mutations at random and can even give you shit ones apparently. I was reading a
>crawl.xtahua.com/crawl/morgue/Leszczynek/morgue-Leszczynek-20161201-194326.txt

and
> 42919 | Elf:3 | Lost mutation: You expend magic power (3 MP) to strengthen your wands. [Jiyva's power]
42920 | Elf:3 | Lost mutation: You are frail. (-10% HP) [Jiyva's power]
42921 | Elf:3 | i'm literally using my piety to deal with my own god
42921 | Elf:3 | what the fuck
in particular stood out

>reptile kobolds
Actually dog cobolds are canon

random healing, an invo to instant kill aliches and instead of having a bunch of bad muts after you're done with pan you have good ones instead

>Whoa, not so fast, virgin. Can't post in this thread until you've beaten a roguelike.

>Yeah, and DCSS doesn't count, loser!

brogue is pretty easy, i got my first win in a few hours

This
And it also happens to be vegan, which is a giant bonus.

Fedhas is aids desu, all that micromanagement when you can just hero up and kill shit with the same efficiency.

This would kill the thread, most posters only play DCSS, and not even very well.

>bloat => bloat
>patrician

>going into a dungeon and stabbing/poisoning all the wildlife to death just so that you can make a profit by selling off the massively valuable amulet at the bottom
yeah sounds vegan as fuck

oka is good if you want to win the game in 4 hours instead of 9, fedhas is good if you are trying to optimize winrate, b/c while boring, he's just better

okawaru, the god of boring, should be removed from the game (trog is stronger and more interesting anyway)

tso is cool because i can role-play as a crusader and i like to immerse myself in video game

Eh. Depends where you look at. In DnD they never really were dogs, but originally described as "dog-like", which got interpreted in wrong way ( ex. see Japan's kobolds ).
In Angband doggybolds are used, in DCSS they are left vague ( but ugly ). Incursipn seems to use earlier DnD descriptions...

I took fedhas in one of my DrMo games for shits and giggles and he just didn't seem effective. I had like *** piety in orc and was constantly getting rocked, maybe I just can't play him right, since that was my first time taking him, but with any other god I could have easily cleared lair,orc,dungeon and gotten statue form online.

were you abusing the wandering mushrooms as much as possible?

u should be removed from the game bec. ur boring LOL

mushrooms are extremely good. they are better than -0.25 weapon delay/+1 EV/+1 AC

it's been a while but i think you can get oklobs by orc which is very useful for warlords/sorcs/etc

I had quite a few with me at all times and they got completely shredded any time they had to face warlords or knights.

pacifist edains of bread eating are the only vegan roguelikes

Both DCSS and Nethack use dog kobolds

how can you tell which kind nethack has? i don't think it gives lots of monster descriptions, does it?

How would I go about modding Cataclysm: DDA? I want to change the rarity of certain monsters and world encounters.

Best way is to check existing mods and copy what they do.

>world encounters
You mean shit like wrecks and minefields?
That's in regional settings, though that may require you to copy the whole block.

It has an encyclopedia

does it count as a roguelike if it uses hex squares
also i killed a forgoten beast in dwarf fortress adventure mode i am counting that as a win

Does Rogue count as a roguelike? Or is it excluded because it's literally rogue and not a rogue"like"?

did it online this time

congratulations, was it hard pre-statue form or was it an easy run overall?

fug

Rogue is 100% like rogue, I'd say it's a roguelike.

>user, you're so anonlike. It's creepy.
>bitch, I am user.
>ho ho, that's so like you, user.

Sometimes they just dont want you to have fun.

Not so hard because I was spamming Regeneration and got a lucky early tele and HW wands. I didn't find a statueform when I already got 2 runes because I didn't explore just one more tile in Elf:2 to find Roxanne

>troll
>was it hard
user...

Troll midgame is aids until you find dragon armour, for me anyway.

Nonsense, user wouldn't talk to a woman
gf-having nu-"anons" are like realtime games with no permadeath pretending to be roguelikes.

That's anonlite at best.

Anonlites will be first on the day of the rope.

If trolls are so easy then why is the species highscore on the tournament only 32M even with Chei? There's also no one still capable of streaking Trolls for a lifetime even if they have the highest hp and easiest starts (trivializing the """hardest""" part of crawl) in the game.

Not chan-traitor redditors/tumblrites/discordians/stormfags/the right thingers/goons who knew moot but choose to discard his blessings?

highscore has nothing to do with the difficulty of winning and everything to do with turncount speedrunning, user

if only I was playing a better species

is ogre challenge race now?

Bandages stop bleeding. Cotton balls are everywhere in pillow disassembly and stop bleeding. Later on you can make hemostatic power so you aren't playing with your dick all day. Give them decent armor, read to them, turn off autopulp on everyone and haul zombie corpses into a semi-secure house you jacks the roofs out of and use it for a training arena to kill zombies daily to get them better than book skills.

Open my Sil christmas gifts and enjoy crown of dark secrets/ringil runs.

He heals a lot if you drop a jelly mid-fight against equipment users and he doesn't get ganked
slimify shits all over anything vulnerable
Free slime:6 artifacts pre-lair branch finales
Ziggs give you enough loot for the mutations to be and stay great

At least put a door in the wall and bookcase the entrance until you get around to making a "garage door" with a rope pulley so you aren't having to put up with shit just wandering in

>highscore has nothing to do with the difficulty of winning

Maybe according to your MiBrain. Even if Trolls seem very easy in paper, they're not because of their piss poor AC and spell apts. Whether for streaking, speedrunning or casual play, Trolls were never one of the strong races.

>put up a door
Building this much has already taken the better part of a year and burning down all the neighboring houses.

Also, it's more interesting if a hulk wanders in sometimes.

What are some easy combos that play well with chei?

>create a danger room
I don't use them in DF, I'm not going to use them here. The game is already easy, no point making ubermensch followers.

I know how to stop bleeding, as well as all general first aid and how NPC's work. If something is killing us, it's because it's more fun to have surprises.

They trusted you to lead them user. 3 people are dead.

Anything not frail?

And that trust has not been broken yet. They're all well fed and have survived the first year in relative peace.

If they die within the walls of Fort McFaggot, it's on them. I've already given them all solid weapons and armor as well as a well lit court yard to shoot the shit and eat all the biscuits in. The least they can do is defend themselves while I'm making more biscuits.

W-why didn't you explore all of D1?

fug i better grab some books from the library shelves and run

im thinking i should open that window and shoot those all to death it will make the place even more doomed but should give me hopefuly more of a chance to grab as many books as possible

>pastels on medium grey
Sexy.

>pic
that was a fun campaign

No, you should run. Use view items nearby to see if there's something you want to really fight for in a week or so but yeah no it's leave time.

the fug
im standing at the window waiting for them to come in range but they are just standing there

HOGl DrMo

fuck forgot picture
yeah i am thinking i may do that

You can try a shout. Otherwise just throw a book

Anyone know what's causing otherwise identical weapons to refuse to stack in inventory?

>beretta M9
>crossbow
>M249
>remington 870
>ruger 10/22

They all seem to stack fine except for one of them on the stack. I've got 7 870's, and 6 stacked fine.

This is driving me insane.

The game is a poorly coded spaghetti heap. Probably something stemming from unmaintained code when the magazine update went in.

Could be a dot of burn damage, casings (they're wonky as of lately) or rounding in item damage.
Believe or not, it's one of the cleaner rls (in b4 "not a roguelike") out there. *bands tend to have much, much worse code, especially the recursive forks.

>rounding of item damage
My pair of M249's are both ++ and I can't repair them again.

I just want to stack everything neatly.

I also just discovered this is the gun I've been considering firing from the hip. No wonder it suggests having 115 strength to fire in burst.

I'm still going to do it.

If you have proper autism and OCD and not some normie knockoff of them, you could edit the save.
>pick up two of stacking guns and the unstacking one
>drop everything else
>save the game
>find the [garbage].sav file
>edit it in a text editor
>find the inventory and the two guns in it
>edit the one gun that doesn't match to be like the two others
It can probably also be done with the in-game debug menu
>esc->keybindings->debug menu->bind to something
>drop 2 stacking guns and one unstacking gun on one tile with no items
>open debug menu
>'g' (map editor)
>go over the tile
>edit items ('i', I think)
>find the savetest option and figure out how to use it

nigga it's d:7, where the fuck is the temple

That feels like cheating.

I may just inscribe the unstacking ones as 'Of the Damned' or something so it feels less arbitrary.

ok turns out when they say a laser turret you set up will identify you as a friendly they lied
is it because i found it rather then made it

UP
STAIRS

I think I read about something being required to be identified as a friendly. Like you have to use electronic control unit to activate it or something.

I dunno though. I don't fuck with unmanned guns for that very reason. The first one will be your last.

It's an electronics skill check. Int probably helps it. If you need a turret you should just caltrop/nailboard/crossbow trap/spiked pit it to death, ram whatever, or just leave cause it's not worth it.

Ok, never used chei before. I assume the general strategy is to never auto-explore and stairdance the whole level or something?

tthat would explain it
my electronics was only 1

The strat is to take it easy and gib stuff. You end up so thick large massive, most things become trivial with enough skill.

When things get spoopy, use slouch two or three times in a row and clear everything within los.

Tip: set up laser turrets at night

Explore manually in chunks near cover using corridors or disintegration to minimize exposure. When crossing rooms being near a wall reduces how much you can be swarmed. Pay attention to things that makes noise and messages about out of sight monsters. Throw stones and backpedal to get melee away from the edge of explored space for marginally less chance of adds.Ranged generally isn't a problem. Use temporal distortion to shuffle them generally closer anyway if there's a problem. Bend time non-trivial fights. Pay attention to your mp so you can use step from time before it's an emergency to disengage. In general you need to raise your threat assessment as you have more trouble with things that don't give a shit about EV or SH and double/triple moves compounds the threat. Resistances are fairly important for minimizing getting assguttered

In general you just tab around because having a draconian of stats strapped to your draconian makes you pretty absurdly powerful and durable

Did player turrets not get the light and night vision mapped turrets do?

>Did player turrets not get the light and night vision mapped turrets do?
i assume user meant that it cannot shoot you
the turet in question was solar powered

fug, good gear. Now I'll feel guilty if I don't win the run..again.

If you want to regenerate hp, walk instead of pressing 5. You gain more that way.

playing a beholder in PCB after a surprisingly interesting beholder thread on /v/

wish me luck

Holy shit user.
>no one capable of streaking Trolls
I'm almost tempted to prove you wrong, but spending 15-20 hours just to win an argument on an anonymous board would be pretty stupid. Trolls are one of the easiest species to win with.

UC ogre into transmutations is possible, just not very fun in mid game.
No.

Ammo Belt backpacks when?

Power Armor Mounting Harness and Munitions Carryall Frame when?

you don't actually regenerate more hp per aut

the turncount used for speedrun scoring is player actions, so even though one cheimove might be 2.5 aut it'll always count as one "turn" for scoring purposes

just one of many reasons why crawl speedrunning is retarded

You don't regenerate more hp per aut but you regenerate more hp per turn thus gains.

Don't bother because you can't do it anyway. I'd actually believe you if it's Vinestalkers or DDBes because they're actually strong but Trolls? Naaaah. Every single splat you'll have with Trolls even offline just proves my point further.

okay

good luck user

but only in a sense that affects the retarded score system that nobody sane cares about

the piety loss, hunger, chance of an enemy spawning, etc before you regen to full hp is the same