Small Trucks

Where did they all go?

Would love to be able to buy something like this new.

3rd world maybe

>tfw gpt to ride in a helix

this not good?

I thought the Ranger wasn't being made anymore.

Basically, it goes something like this:

once you design and build a smaller pickup truck and equip it with everything a modern vehicle needs to have, it doesn't cost much less than a full-size pickup. And the mileage isn't that much better. So there is no longer a point for the small truck, when for the same price, the consumer can just get the bigger truck.

toss in the Chicken Tax, (which prevents automakers from importing small pickups) and union costs, and you have the reason for the death of the small pickup.

In America at least. other countries still have them

Nevada bro here. Used to have a 4x4 Chevy Luv I'd take to little red rock once or twice a year.

South, or they rotted into oblivion. Bought mine for 600 with a shot motor. I love it but holy shit it's impossible to find major replacement parts.

Should I buy it, guys?

Cop that shit boi. Good luck finding parts for it though

If you're willing to update the drive train. The engines they put in these are fucking horrible and impossible to find parts for.

1995 Pathfinder reporting in.
>inb4 not a truck

Did somebody say small trucks?

This makes me miss my hardbody. Picked up a 93 d21 for 700 bucks about a decade ago, was rusty as shit but did everything i needed it to do. Selling it even for a profit was a huge mistake.

im not a truck guy but ill be damned if that isnt rad as fuck.

>Where did they all go?

You can get the same mileage from a modern half ton, all the while being able to carry twice as much and tow three times as much.

Miss my 98 pathfinder. Well not really. Tranny was starting to eat itself up by 110k miles

you could before they made the tacoma as fat as the old tundra.

praise be the based hilux frame. who gave us such wonders as the t-100 and tacoma as well as the truck that wasn't a truck, the 1st and 2nd gen 4runner.

you could buy yourself a brand new landcruiser 70, op

it stopped in the US in 2011ish but is coming back

the sad thing is its all double cab, i want a reg cab with a long bed. they basically made it like the explorer with a 4 foot bed. fucking gay

>double cab
Why the fuck are all car companies making their specialty vehicles absolutely useless?

I used a 91 Ram 50 as a work truck many years ago. That little shit was unkillable. I tried to buy it when my company bought a new truck to use but they wouldn't sell it.

Don't forget CAFE too - larger truck footprint = lower mileage requirements, compact/mid-size truck = higher mileage requirements

have a 94 hardbody with 210k miles i love it.

Ahh fuck those pieces of shit. My buddies used to fuck with those back in my blazer days. I hated working on those plastic pieces of shit that were constantly breaking. Fuck Nissan.

This.
They are massive piles of shit. Nothing ever works right

Cafe regulations. They require less mpgs based on cabin size, its fuckin retarded.

God damn, I hate liberals so much.

Maybe the new jeep truck will be a good smaller-than-full-size truck?

If it comes in 2 doors that is

That 4-door design is absolutely tragic.

>jeep
>good at anything
Kek

>believing the jeep is bad meme
Just try and imagine 2 doors, I'm hoping it's not horrendous

currently have a 1981 Toyota Hilux 4x4 for a smaller truck but i had a 88 Nissan KingCab back in the day. if Nissan released the D21/Navara chassis again with a less notchy 5spd and still 4 banger id be diamonds

>believing the jeep is good meme

Not that guy, but modern Jeep is dogshit. I mean, it's Fiat for fuck's sake.

>implying that guys DIY modding is Jeeps fault
They used to be better sure, but my sister and mother both have newer Grand Cherokees and neither have ever had a problem with theirs. My dad has a 2000 Wrangler that has never had a problem. I had a 2001 Wrangler that never had a problem.
Yeah the newer jeeps may not be as off-road ready as older jeeps they aren't shit cars

Lllloooooolllllllll

Lel

Lal

The YJ was probably the best Wrangler ever made. Still had its simplistic AMC platform. TJ was okay, but anything after is pretty much shit.

>implying that guys DIY modding is Jeeps fault

Was that guy rear ended by a semi?

>implying
Just normal jeep things

Are you saying that you think these would've happened even if they had not been poorly modified by Cleatus

They do it stock too. Those pics are harder to find

Well that's because they don't do it nearly as often. I'd wager that Jeeps are probably the worst treated car in the entire world, so failure is going to happen

Seriously dude. They are shit
>trail rated badge

IN THE MALL PARKING LOT!!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

fucking hate it. if i wanted to tow a family id buy a sedan or minivan. i want a truck damnit. i want room for me, my dog, and a shotgun, with a 6-7 foot bed

If they aren't first gen yes, first gen pathfinders are very good except for having shit exhaust manifolds.