/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

What depth of lore are we dealing with here edition

Abandoned Dream: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

Other urls found in this thread:

change.org/p/discord-council-ban-chikage-from-bbg-fight-clubs
youtube.com/watch?v=BbaaI5xf4y8
youtube.com/watch?v=wsdy_rct6uo
youtube.com/watch?v=j7uZa0ZKkec
youtube.com/watch?v=a6HRxN468vU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

where the fights at

PURGE FILTH

Isz mane

man ludwig is kicking my ass with this new character

I'm using an underpowered saw spear and I have to be basically flawless just to get past his beast form. I can do about 1300 damage to him when I stun him and use up my whole stamina bar doing transition attacks to his sides. The stomping combo is what usually kills me.

I still have fun even losing like this - especially since the walk from the lantern is so short - but I wish I didn't run out of potions. I should probably just grind in the regular game and come back later, but I need some of the weapons from the DLC

I've found that ludwig is really hard, unless you use beast blood and paper.

If you want a more satisfying challenge, do it without, but if you're mad enough to want to crack him wide use the buffs.

Just grind vials/bullets/echoes from the two Executioners before Ludwig, they can be chain backstabbed to death. There's the little bloody guy who always drops 5 Vials too. Runes that give bullets and extra echoes from viscerals are useful.

how interested are people in a fightclub stream from a drunk blasting vaporwave

When and where is the absolute earliest that I could get a blood gem or weapon that uses arcane?
I was thinking about making a pure arc build, but I don't want to flounder through most of the game because I can't deal damage.

ain't got a fight yet, is 120 too high?

So out of pure autism because I have fucked up my ability to focus on one character I deleted every single one of them.

So now i'm making a new guy and refusing to make another.

What build should I do?
I'm thinking of
Kirkhammer/Beast cutter strength build.
Cleaver/Saif Skill build
Bloodletter / ??? blt str build.

after beating the blood starved beast in old yharnam you can get a waning fire gem

Grab the Saw Spear, use BB Pellets and Fire Paper all the way up to BSB. After that, get the Fire Waning gem near the Brainsucker below the workshop and 2 Hotdog fire Radials after running Pthumeru twice. It'll get you through the game easily as long as you pump Vit and Arc along the way. There's a guide in the OP.

strength think of the gains senpai

50/50 Str/Skl to use almost everything. Or Str/Blt for Bloodletter, Chikage, and Bowblade.

Is there anywhere that has all the exact slider information that NPCs have?
Or are all the NPCs "custom made"?

>There's the little bloody guy who always drops 5 Vials too.

wait you mean the poor dude banging on the gate? I didn't know that. That's extremely helpful, considering I usually die to Ludwig after using about 5 potions and bringing him down to like 52% health

The executioner thing wouldn't really work for me; it takes me like 3 backstab+visceral+jump-attack combos to kill just one of them, and the first one I can kill has the cannon and just gives me quicksilver bullets anyway. For health potions, I just go to the lecture hall and kill all the slime students as they crowd the doorframe, then I blow all the echoes on more vials

I want to beat him fair and square. I feel like I know all his moves and how to counter them for his beast form, but I'm not too sure on the moves for the sword form. I have to completely school his beast form just to even make it to his second form. Lowest I've gotten him is like 10% health

Last three or four FCs have lasted 6 or more hours. Really good fights, glad we have some new lads showing up consistently now.

What is a good weapon to compliment the saw spear? It needs to be big and have physical damage.

change.org/p/discord-council-ban-chikage-from-bbg-fight-clubs
REMEMBER TO SIGN THE OFFICIAL PETITION

Depends on your build. If it's Skill and you have at least 16 Str, Ludwig Blade. Church Pick and Burial Blade work too.

Falseflagging should be a bannable offense. Here's your pity (You).

2nd Executioner drops around 8+ Vials and each kill gives a good amount of echoes. Clawmark Runes to add a bit more damage to viscerals. The 2nd won't notice you if you don't visceral the Cannon one too close. I find them to be preferable over the students.

WHY ISN'T IT MINE?

I found second form easier than first but now I get too distracted by how dope his theme is.

It's just very late

25/25 str/skl for NG, no tinge or arcane.

Used Ludwig's Blade on a different character, same with burial blade.

>but I'm not too sure on the moves for the sword form
All you really need to know about his second phase is to stay close to him; dodge to 11 o' clock and 1 o' clock and try to stay either at his side or at his back.

He has one really gnarly attack that cuts from his 7 to 11 o' clock and passes right by his side that's incredibly hard to see coming. Besides that, he's quite consistent.

Are you staying at 25/25 or gonna aim for 50 in one/both? If you're going 50 Str/both, any Str weapon. If 50 Skill, Church Pick.

Should I head to isz next week for da fights?

hunter axe is pretty good with saw spear.
it is long range, stuns enemies, and is and super versatile. Jump attack is great, and charged r2 is one of the best

Bored and drunk. Looking to do coop

SRRC or wait for someone here to ask for help.

Depends on the what people shill in the thread before hand

>Actually wasting time learning Ching Chong PING PONG

No thanks

You don't have to speak Japanese to recognize a gem.

how far do you guys usually get into the DLC before you kill Rom? I've hit a road block, so I think I'm just going to do the regular story and come back to the DLC after I've leveled a little more. But my primary weapons I want to use for the main game are only available once you reach the lamp before Orphan

I dont want to cheese or summon against the DLC bosses, though. This is a predicament

If you've already beat the game once without summons, what's the issue summoning a second time around?

>how far do you guys usually get into the DLC before you kill Rom?
No farther than Research Hall unless I'm making a concerted effort to get something in the DLC before I play the rest of the game.

I usually kill Orphan before Shadows. It helps doing dungeons and getting decent gems to carry you. Once you kill Maria you have access to 22.3% Physical droplets which are enough for Orphan and the rest of the game.

>people this retarded actually exist

This
I learned French so I could talk to dirty Quebecois trash on rare occasion in my country.
Why would I be a retard and learn a language that is common within a hobby of mine?

That can't feel balanced. The rest of the game would be a total cakewalk after beating the DLC

If you get 22.3% gems before shadows, you just trivialized the fuck out of the entire game.

>TFW you suck at Bloodborne but you defeat what you were told is a decently difficult boss on THE, FIRST, GO!

youtube.com/watch?v=BbaaI5xf4y8

I feel like a god right now.

>Kill Orphan before Shadows

HUH? I mean it's pretty easy to speedrun to kill Shadows but how in the fuck did you manage to speedrush and kill Orphan of Kos before then?

Even with a +6 weapon and Beast Pellets + Buff AND 30 VIT at least

pretty ballsy to take on Bosses from DLC

I'm aware, I don't really care about having an easy time after Amelia to be honest. The DLC is the toughest part of the game already, so anything else besides FRC dungeons would be a cakewalk regardless of the gems.

What boss?

Maybe the boss is easy and you only heard shitters calling it hard, meaning the fact that you beat it means nothing.

+9 Saw Spear with decent early gems and BB Pellets+Papers. Done it with BL4, so it's not that hard when I'm using a leveled character.

I'm going to do a bloodtinge build and I'm wondering at what level should I go for the bloodletter? I want to get the bloodletter as soon as possible

Every boss is hard for me, don't ruin my moment. Just make an assumption and you'd probably be right.

Depends on how well you can manage the DLC, 65+ is a common recommended range. At least 30 Vit and a +9 weapon should be fine.

As mediocre as most of DaS3's content is, Archdragon Peak really stands out being probably the strongest area. It's as well designed and polished as a Bloodborne area and I really like the enemies here. Unlike most of the enemies that resort to that shitty autistic flailing about, the snekmen here are well designed, look cool, and are genuinely a fair challenge to fight. Other than the occasional bullshit that the Chain Snekman can pull with the ghost chain-axe, they are my favorite group of enemies in DS3.

I like the Peak, but I feel like the dual dagger dragon mobs do just a bit too much damage. Otherwise I tend to agree.

I think the area where Miyazaki's influence shows the most, and is therefore one of the better, is the Archives.

Man I forgot how shitty DS interface looks after all my time with BB.

>Go back to DaS3 just to finally finish that ring trophy and get plat
>fucking interface fills up half the screen
There isn't a single aspect of the game that doesn't feel awkward and clunky after BB.

I'll tell you hwat, after playing BB, DaS3 feels very easy.

>all the UI mods on PC are either shitty minimalist crap or DaS1 and DeS UI
>nothing to make it smaller or less hideous
Does the nightmare never end?

DaS is easy. With the exception of maybe two bosses it was far and away the easy Souls game I'd played. Not one took me more than 3 tries, and most only took the first.
Nameless King, Spin Doctors, and LoC, though...

I'll give you nameless king but Lord Of Cinder?
meh

What are Spin Doctors?

>What are Spin Doctors?
Twin Princes
>youtube.com/watch?v=wsdy_rct6uo

Fuck, I meant DaS3 is easy.

What build do you use because I don't think I've ever had a problem with them.
tbqh, none of the bosses are particularly hard, even nameless king isn't too bad

They are actually more annoying if you try to fight them with spells only.

I think a lot of it was that the rest of DaS3 being easy as fuck lulled me into a state of complacency that those bosses just woke me up from. I was using HMLS (we're talking day 1 so before it buffed, of course) and I think I was level 70 when I got to Princes. They pushed my shit in for literally 5 hours before I finally overcame them.

After that, Nameless having two health bars as well just pissed me off, and LoC doing it again almost made me quit the game.

LoC isn't too difficult anymore, and Princes have become pretty easy, but I don't mind to say that I have never solo'd Nameless, and do care to ever try.

>so before it buffed
got buffed*

>and do care to ever try.
Don't* care. Definitely don't care.

I need more coffee.

to be fair, I first beat NK with a fire infused dark sword and rolling so that was basically easy mode.
Right now, i'm using the Lothric Knight Set with Greatshield, both of which have terrible lightning resist, and a claymore. That means fat rolling my man. 2nd phase is basically a hard counter for me because even with a block, I take a lot of damage and I dont have the stamina to take his consecutive blows either.
I've stopped for the night because work in the morning but I'm probably gonna have to resort to lighter gear so i can just roll again.

Is FC still happening? If so, glyph??

So whats the best boom hammer build? I want a strength build and want to use the hammer, but what are the best stats??

Do you mean Arcane scaling on a weapon (EG fire/bolt/arcane) or actual specifically arcane conversion?

The first is easy, right after BSB is chalice dungeons which have easy to obtain fire radials, and church workshop for a guaranteed fire Waning. You can also reach Himtertomb for fire triangles if you need. This convert a weapon's physical damage to fire and switch it's STR/SKL scaling to ARC.

The second option is much harder. There's an Arcane triangle in the woods, and the Ayy's drop them as well. Or the Brainsucker boss on layer 1 of Lower Hintertomb drops a flat arc gem. You could probably farm mob-Brainsuckers in Lower Pthumeru root dungeons for radial flat-arcane gems. Or get a super-rare Arcane % drop in Pthumeru from a Watcher or Knight (don't count on this, it's rarer than an offshape).

50/25 Str/Skl. 1 Heavy Abyssal and 2 27.2% Phys gems, or full 32.6% Blunt gems to get the most out of it. Could also work on a 25/50 Str/Arc build with Nourishings.

Is that a Cold Abyysal? Or a Heavy?

If it's a Cold it's not that impressive, +15 of Fire/Bolt/Arcane isn't too ridiculously rare.

If it's a Heavy though it's a pretty cool perfect offshape, but ultimately useless since nothing you pair with Heavy Abyysals (tempering, or adept) can only be found in Pthumeru, so you arnt really freeing up a spot, like say a 27% Arcane radial would.

> he doesn't have a +10 Burial Blade with 24% gems before Shadows

You havnt played the game properly buddy.

It's red so it's most likely a Heavy. Useful if you don't feel like farming Isz Watchers for a 27.2% Phys Triangle (or 32.6% Adept). Not that amazing either way.

The most impressive gems I've seen are the 32.6% Bloodtinge Triangle dropped by Isz Watchers (notice how I said "the", since I think only one has ever been recorded). Followed by 23.6% Nourishing gems Watchers drop every once in a while (estimated 1/10000).

My personal weirdest drop was a Lower Pthumeru Chalice Knight dropping an Arcane gem.

重い = Heavy

Yeah I've seen the vid of the 32.6% Blt Triangle. I found this screenshot before the video so it ain't the only one ever found, ironically both builds had low Blt iirc. Farming for 27.2% Triangles on my new character, only managed to get one after getting a +21 Dirty, a 32.6% Kin, 31.5% Beast, a 31.5% Thrust, and a 32.6% Thrust with decent curses. Not all too rare but it's funny that I haven't gotten another 27.2% after getting those yet.

You have to read the numbers not the text you dum

First time playing BloodBorne.
Hoarding Madman Knowledge like a madman due to past experience with humanity and embers. Is there any reason to hoard Madman Knowledge? Or do I just use them? I have like 23 and currently @ 21 insight having just beat shadow of Yharnam

Use them when you need them.

Don't pop em, cap is 99 and you'll rack up a good amount from bosses and areas alone. Once you kill the last required boss you'll be able to buy Rocks for 60 Insight to +10 weapons.

That is the problem. When do I need them? What is insight for? I never noticed a need for them unless i want to buy shit from the insight messanger

Insight is consumed when you want to summon other players in your world for co-op.
It's also useful for buying stuff from the messengers, mainly blood stones and ritual materials.
Insight also reveals certain secrets in Yharnam early in the game, but even without insight you won't miss them.

>No PS plus
So Co-op is pointless plus who co-ops in a souls game.

So mostly buying stuff and secrets I guess. First blind run so I think I will miss those secrets till my second run.

Is there any penalty in stacking insight vs keeping them as madman knowledge?

Yes, insight greatly reduces your Frenzy resistance.
It will make certain areas a lot harder.

So keep them till I have to pop them. Alright. I will keep that in mind. Great game so far but the bosses have been a little easy. Only boss that took me over 5 tries was Matyr and DarkBeast

Have you tried the DLC? Aside from Chalice Dungeons that's where the hardest bosses are

I just beat the shadow of Yharnam @ forbidden woods. That is where I am currently. Looking forward to the DLC bosses them. I heard a lot about Father G and BSB being hard but I beat them first try. I actually died 1 time to Vicar.

So im thinking of making a ARC/something build (It's a friends character, and she said she wanted to have skill with ARC) But am i wasting points in skill if the weapon is going to have Elemental gems in it? (I made a build what i think looks good but i dunno if it's good or not, please tell me if i've wasted points into something)

I'd lower Skill to 25 and End to 15 and put those 10 points into Arc instead desu.

Trick weapons were a mistake.

Alright, thanks

Actually the opposite of what you said is true.

>16 weapons
>9 are only available before late game
>a lot of them are very similar

>26 weapons
>90% of them are available after Amelia
>only a couple of them are similar to other weapons
>each weapon has two distinct movesets
>they're all viable, none of them is directly outclassed
Sounds good to me.

>kirkhammer and ludwig's are half the same
>threaded cane and beastcutter are almost the same
>saw spear, beasthunter saif, and saw cleaver are mostly the same
>meme weapons like parasite, whirligig, stake driver, and wheel are mostly useless

>whirligig and wheel
>useless

ummm

>threaded cane and beastcutter are almost the same
Not even remotely close.
>saw spear, beasthunter saif, and saw cleaver are mostly the same
Saif looks like the other two but its moveset is entirely different.
>meme weapons like parasite, whirligig, stake driver, and wheel are mostly useless
Whirligig is the most broken weapon in the game, Wheel is amazing, Parasite and Stake Driver are fine.
Am I eating bait? Are you genuinely dumb? Your next post will probably settle this.

>>each weapon has two distinct movesets
Boom Hammer, Tonitrus, etc

You forgot one Bro. Moonlight sword is the same as the holy blade too.

>Boom Hammer
The swings in the tricked form are different.
>Tonitrus
Only weapon with a single moveset.
>etc
No such thing.
>Moonlight sword is the same as the holy blade too
youtube.com/watch?v=j7uZa0ZKkec
youtube.com/watch?v=a6HRxN468vU
Watch these and feel silly.