/simg/ - Simulation Games General

OPS WHEN edition.

A thread for all vehicle simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

>Extra attention grabbing search terms for example welcome sims
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

>/simg/ TeamSpeak:
ts3.nogf.moe

>Experimental website
nogf.moe/simg/

>/fsg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/flightsimgeneral

>BMS download links
pastebin.com/2CDSgvZq

>Planefag pastebin:
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Tankfag pastebin:
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX

>Boat- and subfag pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Repository of various aviation related material:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>OP pastebin:
pastebin.com/yXeNzrpg

>Example of welcome sims
Falcon BMS, DCS World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Euro truck sim, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Silent Hunter, Dangerous Waters, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, OMSI 2, DiRT: Rally, Ship Simulator

>Example of non-welcome games:
Arm*, Ac* C*mbat, W*r Th*nder, W*rld of _____, The S*ms, S*m C*ty, G*at S*mulat*r

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/epL_RE21o4E
youtube.com/watch?v=62nA2B7Ke_U
tamae.2ch.net/fly/
sites.google.com/site/bigbirdsqn/
reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4k80g4/increase_the_render_resolution_of_the_rift/
reddit.com/r/hoggit/comments/5gnwcy/how_practical_is_everyday_use_with_vr_on_dcs/dau6o4e/
reddit.com/r/hoggit/comments/5h00b9/oculus_dogfight_tips/dawnd3d/
youtube.com/watch?v=zfN9fQq2puY&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/AnonBabble

MERGE?

youtu.be/epL_RE21o4E

never

Questions about the P-51

So do you just keep the prop pitch adjusted to maintain 3000 rpm during combat and then adjust the throttle/manifold pressure to control your speed?

Which do you adjust first, prop pitch or throttle? I know you're supposed to set one before the other but I forget

Prop first, if I recall. The prop, as a constant-speed type, sets RPM and the throttle sets manifold pressure, but you need sufficient manifold pressure to maintain desired RPM. Once it has enough, the prop will increase pitch with manifold pressure to produce more power and get you more airspeed. Don't think of the throttle like the accelerator pedal in a car where more throttle = more rpm, you want your engine running at a mostly constant RPM, but use the throttle to vary the manifold pressure and therefore the power output.

whats teh coolest turboprop military aircraft

There aren't that many that aren't transports, I Super Tucano is super neato. But for cool factor it's probably the Tu-95.

I'm fed up waiting for Viggen, I think I'll set up and learn to BMS when I wake up.

one more for you faggots
youtube.com/watch?v=62nA2B7Ke_U

b e a r

>thread could be a nice lively thread talking about all sorts of military games
>one autists flips his shit everytime someone mentions merge
>thread stays a dead barren wasteland
Thank you one autist for ruining fucking everything.

It's not the one autist user. It's the autists from a3g. I would love an expanded and active general but a3g has such a cancerous community that they didn't die from inactivity, they literally shitposted themselves to death.

>putting all graphics to highest makes FPS stay maxed out

>it was lagging the fuck out on medium

explain pls, even big cities dont faze it now

sorry i broked it

We're not merging. It's not one autist sperging about the merge, it's one autist pushing for it and the sane members of the general saying no

The thread is dead either way. Doesn't matter if we merge or not.

ITT: Post your ideal DCS module.

We need the Bucc as a proper module

Or a Jaguar GR1B

Stop - my erection can only get so big

>Jag GR1B
>Gulf War upgrade package of a 1970s attacker
>Supersonic and aesthetic as fuck
>Naval attack capable
>B upgrade package gives it shitty TILAD TGP to lase GBUs
unf muh dick.

The Bucc also had a shitty TGP upgrade package too that was even shittier than the Jag and early Tornado's TILAD.

>looking across to a wing under VR to watch a Sidewinder leave the rail above the wing

>tfw starting a paint and build of my first model aeroplane

Is that image to tell us you snapped one of the parts?

Not yet!

I also lied, it's my first I intend to paint but not the first I've built.

My first build was an F-86 and I snapped the nosewheel

F18 FUCKING WHEN

>had hundreds of models I'd built from the age of 10 upwards
>move out
>mum bins them all with my flightstick and racing wheel
>it was taking up loft space

>I'll never have my model room now.
FUCK

What a bitch, why bin them?

I always put the prop RPM to 2700 before rolling throttle in, and reduce it first before dropping throttle to land

Cold War ops any time soon?

I hope soon

Sounds autistic but I'd like a photo-reconnaissance aircraft. It would be like pokemon snap with military aircraft.

is there more of this?

If it was something fast and low level like an RF-5, etc, then yeah that could be fun. If you mean like a U-2, not for me.

tamae.2ch.net/fly/
sites.google.com/site/bigbirdsqn/

Are we going to merge with our jap friends?

imagine the bants

>(nervous tone)

Does anyone wanna go fly something?

Why don't we have a website?

>ops
>ever
lmao lets all laugh at this faggot

How good is playing DCS with the Oculus CV1?

Does it feel super real in comparison to not using VR? Is there a big difference in playing 1.5 and 2.0 in terms of immersion cos of the pretty graphics?

Immersion is excellent, better than any other setup I've used. In the DK2, the immersion was great but you couldn't read anything in the HUD. In the CV1 you can read instrumentation, though picking targets at range is difficult.

Turning to look over your shoulder at a bandit, or tracking them visually and letting your hands and feet follow your eyes with the aircraft is remarkably fun.

I haven't tried 2.0 with VR, just 1.5.

reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4k80g4/increase_the_render_resolution_of_the_rift/

Does this trick help with distant targets?

Haven't tried with DCS - I'll report back

DCS already has pixel density option.

Matt Wagner said 6 months ago that this was a very cool tip RE: the reddit thread i linked.

So unless that's been brought in since then it's probably not the same.

Day 2920: eD sTiLL tHiNks tHeSe eXpLoSiOns lOoK SuPeR cOOL

The immersion is great; but after using a 4k display for almost a year the Rift was a huge downgrade in fidelity.
Returned mine after a week; the feeling was amazing but reading text and ID-ing planes at a distance was really tough even with pixel-density settings and AA

I can't wait for a higher resolution HMD, the FOV was fairly limited too so hopefully the next gen will improve that as well.

is that LOMAC?

how useful is that thing anyway?

best mig))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Late 2017. Possibly 2018.

BMS explosions make me hard

It's a good COIN aircraft and trainer, but you're not going to want to fly into thick enemy air defenses with it

That looks awful simple, mechanically speaking

It is

it's a russian plane, what did you expect

did ww2 pilots learn all the details about their aircraft or were they just trained to fly and then shipped off?

What details do you mean?
Aerodynamic quirks - maybe not always.
How to operate it - of course they did.

If you look at modern pilots they need to know the plane inside out. All the parts, what goes where. Doubt that they taught that to pilots at the end of the war.

Planes were a lot simpler back then though, the most complicated part was the engine and a lot of men came from engineering/factory/farming backgrounds who knew a lot about engines anyway I guess

It is the same thing. The pixel density option ingame does what that outdated hack did.

No, increasing the pixel density actually makes things distant planes harder to see in VR because it makes the dots smaller. With a higher pixel density things will look sharper in the cockpit and out, but you sacrifice the visibility of the dots it draws over planes. Set it based on whatever is more important to you.

See
reddit.com/r/hoggit/comments/5gnwcy/how_practical_is_everyday_use_with_vr_on_dcs/dau6o4e/
reddit.com/r/hoggit/comments/5h00b9/oculus_dogfight_tips/dawnd3d/

Viggen Startup video is out

youtube.com/watch?v=zfN9fQq2puY&feature=youtu.be

>chunky switch noises
This is good.

I want to start playing IL2 1946. Anything I need to know or do? Any essential mods or anything like that? I'm brand new to actual flight sims (WTfag), and I have no idea what I'm doing.

You admit to being a WT player and have the nerve to show up here asking for help?
Get out faggot.

>muh sekrit club
Fuck off, reason I came here is because I got sick of WT and want to play something else.

Get the CUP mod with the WaW addon and off yourself.

Fuck off

Everything I know about IL-2 46 is circa 2006ish, so I don't have much to add. I know there's a few people in here two play 46 from time to time, but I think most have moved onto the newer BoS/BoM

Some more use of all that empty space, like for avionics, batteries or hydraulics, I suppose. It looks like it's all control rods and pitch change links, and that's it

If you're coming over from WT, it's probably a good place to start, the sim aspects are fairly simple. Which isn't to say it isn't fun as fuck, though.

BoS/BoM has more active MP, but no Pacific or MTO stuff, so 46 still has life

IL-2 1946 has E L I T E levels of content. Like, basically unheard of number of planes, campaigns, missions, theaters, etc.

In terms of multiplayer though, most everyone has moved on to IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad/Battle of Moscow. FYI buying one of those games allows you to fly your planes on the other map, so multiplayer is unified.

never ever

That looks like the old engine.

How does the Yak-1B compare to the Yak-1?

Is it actually good?

it's an early WIP of the Harrier.

FC3-level jet modules, because I really want more modern jets.

EF-2000 when?

Better engine? dunno much about the reds flying tractors desu

Just better in all ways, but some miss the two 7.7mms.

It uses the same engine but it has improved aerodynamics and prop.

>IL-2 getting the DX11 update tomorrow

woah lad

Think it will be the best Russian fighter even when Kuban comes out?

>Not the A20

Oh man, that would be cool. I had hundreds of hours in old EF2000

oh fuck that's tomorrow?!, fuckin a.

Been playing the fuck outta PWCG these past few days I really hope we get a proper RoF campaign like they promised as well as a better UI/Interface.

>inlines

How do you fly the LA-5? I find it to be garbage at everything.

Speed and ripping apart 109s with those 20mm cannon.

>speed

Is it even close to as fast as any of the 109s???