steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War News
Total War: WARHAMMER - Behind The Wood Elves
youtube.com/watch?v=f8_Z2Bm0CjE

Time Commanders is back and it's pretty good
youtube.com/watch?v=F0tOb_bFj70
[YouTube] Time Commanders Season 3 Ep 1 Preview

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
Recent DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Hastily Baked Bread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MpscgdjDmM4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Oops, some Beastmen herds just spawned in your territory :)
>Oops, they spawned in Estalia, where you can't build any garrisons :)
>Oops, they went to war with you and are going to raze all of your territory :)
>Oops, you're losing money :)
>Oops, you got negative amber :)

My other campaigns did not prepare me for this, seeing as how Beastmen always seemed to spawn outside of territory I owned. Fucking hell.

When?

Day 209
Warhammer is still shit.

well, the campaign blows dick in every total war

>elfs in charge of not getting mounted

> Tomb Kings still not announced

Don't call Durthu an elf ever again, you piece of shit.

>he's never played medieval

Shoot them in the back

Why would I care what some angry firewood thinks?

Day 209
Poorfag who has never purchased the game still shitposts about it's quality.

Skarsnik > Grimgor

Mork > Gork

>it's quality
>calling anyone a poorfag with that public school education

Gotrek > Gork & Mork

do any TW games or mods take into account the demographics aspect of war? That too much war would eventually exhaust your population and at a certain point you wouldn't be able to recruit more soldiers.

if anyone here remembers Seven Kingdoms II, that game's mechanics made it economically impossible to engage in more than maybe two wars over the course of a full game. the way it worked was that you recruited your soldiers from your cities and each soldier trained meant a peasant lost. and peasants were responsible for gathering food, serving as workers in mines and factories and getting you money from trade and to a lesser extent, taxes. and one city, linked to one or two facilites that require workers produced approximately enough food to supply one garrison (SK's equivalent to stacks, I guess) with a bit leftover.

past a certain number of conflicts, it would have been impossible to recover your losses AND support your economy. this meant that you had to do your best to stay out of war, until you could enter at the decisive time to win a game, or remove an enemy with few losses. or if you do get dragged into war, just defend your own territory without going on the offensive since that would lead to more casualties.

can something similar be found in any TW games?

Age of Charlemagne for Attila

is this an old screenshot? how did that situation turn out? if it's current, ur fucked m80

I beat them back to Georgia and Syria and they're currently overtaking Russia. I can't play on that resolution all the time because it's too small to read on my CRT

just googled it. are you talking about the war weariness thing? seems really simplified, like some arbitrary hit to public order. am i wrong?

That's it really. In RTW recruiting units takes a chunk out of your population and I'm pretty sure you can't recruit any more if it hits zero.

>being this new

how did you beat them back, you barely have any armies? or do you mean you just beat those two stacks in armenia and then they left you alone

define total war

So, spearmen without shields are useless or am I using them wrong?

One frontal charge with empire knights while they were fully braced killed 70% of them and the rest routed.

Are the ones with shields any better or should I just be using halberdiers?

youtube.com/watch?v=MpscgdjDmM4

I recruited a bunch of mercs. The Italians are attacking again though.

yeah, i do remember noticing that years ago but i was never sure if it had actually happened since it was so long ago and i never encountered it again. iirc one of the yugoslavian provinces had its pop drained by the AI player controlling it (somehow) before me and it had like 1000 people left and i couldn't recruit militia. but i have never seen any town's pop drop that low ever again, not even close

>tfw no good mods

>Gobbo Archers

seems like it might be close to what i'm looking for. thanks!

Repostan

Just beat my very first succesful very hard campaign of FOTS. Hadn't picked up the game in over a year and I'd forgotten how annoying and frustrating some parts of it were

>your generals getting slaughtered by random foreign veterans
>if you want to counter them with your own agents, every agent action costs you a ridiculous sum of >1000 koku
>enemy clans are basically playing a different game that has no economic portion, since they can still throw three full stacks at you with two provinces left. ditto for murdering your generals and agents
>delusions of grandeur and upstart generals mechanics defacto make leveling up generals undesirable
>alternative is to savescum before every fight to avoid the "hurrr your general has -3 loyalty some of your max leveled troops have defected to the enemy you've been dominating for twenty turns and you now have to fight them :^)"
>ai makes garbage stacks that avoid your armies and prefer to take a random settlement three provinces deep in your territory than defend their own lands
>retreat mechanic means they get an extra move over your own army so they're a bitch to catch
>the fucking bug where your troops WILL NOT AUTOFIRE so they're stuck just standing there while the enemy units close the distance/slaughter them

fucking christ, and i still love the game. total war games are lightning in a bottle

dang that army is random. did you auto-resolve or did you actually fight the battle with these troops?

also show us your king's army. and aren't you afraid of leaving constantinople so exposed?

The trick with wood elves is to not care about any territory other than athel loren.

Don't care about keeping territory.

Rather just keep pressing forward.

It doesn't matter if your enemies burn 2 settlements to the ground.

As long as you take 3.

There should make a mix with this the recruiting system of rome I and medival II.
levie units cost populaition while noble units have a recruiting pool

>le epic poorfag meme
when will you faggots realize that not everyone that has a problem with warhammer didn't buy the game?

I fought all the battles but Mongols are annoying and have lots of heavy cavalry, horse archers, and heavy infantry with bows and shields. I'm not worried about leaving Constantinople exposed because the castle itself has 3 levels and because of my ship network, I can move troops from anywhere around my empire (that has a port) to Greece. I I'll be moving some of my garrisons around to try to attack the Italians before they besiege my castle since when you first attack a province, you only take the province itself and need to take the castle if you want the income and buildings.

so do you think we'll ever be able to create units made-up of different unit types?

forgot my pic

How do you deal with Wood Elves as

>VC
>Greenskins
>Skarsnik
>Beastmen

For some reason, it feels like these are the four factions i'm having the most trouble fighting them with, unless I catch them in the Underway or a Beast Path.

Maybe consider the comment wasn't directed at everyone who has a problem with warhammer, but rather one faggot in particular who shitposts a stale meme?

Gobbo archers and wolf riders with Skarsnik.

I've seen people cry "LMAO POORFAG" at anyone saying anything remotely negative about warhammer

>I've never played it, but I know it's shit and I hate it

sounds like there are some deeper issues here

>Day 209
>Warhammer is still shit.

Isn't exactly the kind of comment that invites much more refined social discourse.

good reading comprehension

>defending marienburg in siege battle
>towers aren't firing
Is this a bug? Happened to anyone else?

lol yeah, i know that stuff dude, you think i would even know my way around the interface if i hadn't played this game to death? if it had a way to put your archers on top of walls and ship combat it'd be my favorite total war game. one thing i do remember about the trade network was that it's really easy to disrupt. if the italians take down even one of your fleets it's all ogre. and i see all your fleets are one ship each, so you better watch that

They burned my only source of income. I went down to -1500 and went to -4 Amber. I think keeping Estalia is pretty important.

The plan was to build more ships before getting attacked feom both sides. If I can make peace with the Italians I plan on building a proper navy.

It really isn't because beastmen like to spawn there.

Like I said Don't think about keeping territory as long as your armies are constantly pushing forward.

Also never spend down to zero amber unless its in units that you can disband if you think you're going to lose ground.

Alternately, go for a full roleplay experience. For every major region you take, deploy a glade lord there and turn the place into a new glade hall.

this

but take the other port faction on the other peninsular, the main city gives you more garrison than usual

What the fuck are some good unit formations?
I keep getting my ass handed to me in open field battles in Attila

actually a glade lord for damage control with a half stack can do wonders.

but it does get expensive and even then you're not protecting each individual region but rather provinces or closely grouped provinces.

Help me /TWG/! I fucked up

Where do I go after I secure Altdorf? It feels fucked up slaughtering humans but that is pretty much all that are on my borders.

There are more than one unique outpost, Couronne should be another, they alla have factionwide bonus

Shielded heavy infantry in the centre, spears on the flanks, missiles behind the main line, cav on the far flanks. Hammer and anvil until you win everything

You go after the eternal Mannlet or the brettonians.

Bretonnians are not humans

Kill the elf worshipping brets!

Excuse me, but we don't worship elves, we worship a human goddess known as the Lady of the Lake!

>mfw it's stabby time

>

dem sum pretty pointy ears m8

Is the warrior priest any good or should I just use the witch hunter?

Marienburg is essential
Every other empire faction is optional, but I would recommend going after Wissenland if possible as it's the best infantry recruitment province.

The Warrior Priest has a pretty cool healing skill, dunno if the Witch Hunter has anything worthwhile.

how did CA get away with releasing a game like rome1? I am talking about the arcani, the egyptians and other retarded elements, the TW fanbase is extremely autistic about historic accuracy to the point where they complain about sandals and roof types, how did they accept roman ninjas and those egyptians?

Ballsarethere Gelded or iKarly?

>tfw you realize the LL powercreep is to prepare you for the OPness of Tyrion and Malekith

Hmm...

can't wait for chaos daemons to fuck over everything in OPness :^)

>bloodthirster as strong as in the fluff
MA 200
MD 80
WS 900
Ward save 90%

sounds good tbqh

So should I build Franz as a fighter, or should I power up my troops?
It seems hard to pass up Honest Steel.

w-what about MP balance?

>MP balance?
pure cancer that kills the game

Well Lord of Change is already in the game and he is a joke compared to lore

>among the most powerful casters in the world, can incernate people with his glare
>giant monster to boot, with inpenetrable energy shield

I don't even need to tell you about that sick lore of metal he has

Build him as a fighter, but drop the two points in red necessary to get your whole army charge defense.

Here goes nothing

What battle wizards do you anons recommend?

Army positioned to take out reinforcements approaching from the rear first

Snipe their leaders as much as you can and you're done.

With Durthu this may be easy.

After taking them out we re position immediately to tackle the main force, but we've lost 1 of the hawk riders to carelessness

fugg didn't think he'd actually do it i guess i overestimated the intimidation factor of balthazar's army

Things get messy fast but the archers slowly tear them apart

Amber, Jade, Grey are the top dogs. Bright and Light aren't as good but are still pretty great. Celestial and Metal are both poop.

>Man I hate beastmen, they slaughter our men, rape and mutilate our women, corrupt our lands and burn our sacred forests: they destroy everything we hold dear and are really the only beings we go out of our way to fight
>Oh look, the humans who never bother us are committing genocide on them all over the world
>Hey I remember Franz, I saved his life way back and gave him a gigantic monster to ride into battle because I felt he would be a good leader for them, glad to see he's doing well
>On second thought, humans are fags lol

It can't be this difficult to get a simple NAP

>G O B L I N S

Wew lads didn't think I was going to win that

Looks like tree hitler has to genocide some gobbos once again. Nothing to be concerned about.

If I just switch swordsmen for free company, am I going to die?
Like, a battle line of 10 free company.

Any hope that they'll get the patch for Wood Elf AI confed and Marienburg siege towers out this month?

free company are ranged troops m8

any cav and you are toast

>take K8P as Belegar
>dwarfs have already taken over a majority of the badlands

Does this mean I go to war with the dwarfs now? Or should I just take over whats left of the other dwarf kingdoms? I think Thorgrim already confederated Zhufbar and Karak Kadrin

Play as the wood elves and don't get sieged at Marienburg.
Rrrrmmmmm.
Ok...
But I was like 50 turns in my other game and I fought like 3 units of cav total.

Wild Riders really are just the best cav in the game right now aren't they

>Kharn WHAT??
>Is this sexual harassment