>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Do Young Dragon and Bellowing Dragon rings stack?

I haven't played in months.

Ah, thanks.

Spent some time on the old weapon tier list template and made this up. I talked with some other people about weapon placement yet I'd like more community consensus for this to refine it. Current placements I'm most unsure on are the Estoc and bows/xbows in general. Feel free to comment.

Goddamn he looks like Hackmon in the thumbnail.

Post THICCC webms

You niggers are STILL doing this?

when is the next pc fuccboi event?

I'm fighting this faggot on SL1 and I'm about to cut my balls off. Lend me your strength /dsg/.

just roll lmao

Roll left.

So, never played Dark Souls before, should I start with the first game or is 3 fine?

play 1 and drop the series

I think I'm going to do it, /dsg/.

What did he mean by this?

How big is Seath's dragon penis?

-1 inches

Seath is a girl

God damn it. Two gankers I run into often keep appearing. One I can't even deal competent damage against the other one is just a faggot with two of his buddies. The one is actually decent whereas the latter is a fucking faggot and will chug all day while his buddies don't do any better. I kite them and knock out 70% of their estus flask uses but they kept having them I'm only +3 estus and 10 uses fuck these idiots I just hate that they aren't very good and can spam R1 to win against me. Thanks From Software.

>INSTAKILLED BY FLAME WHIP FROM THOSE FIRE DEMON THINGS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
MY SOULS

Big enough to fuck Gwynevyre.

Estoc is still top tier. Between quick swings, safety, range, tracking and making full use of leo, it's probably the best defensive weapon in the game.

I hope you're not the type who goes straight to it in PvP user. I swear to god, I'm still learning to parry that thing and when I do it's hilarious.

I stopped using estoc. Free wins are boring.

I can see your points but I'm still hesitant on raising the Estoc up. The current strength of greatswords and even halberds after the most recent patch makes it so its very hard for an Estoc to effectively attack users of those if they are constantly doing staggered R1s. The same is true for Straight Sword/Curved Sword R1s if users of those are apply pressure correctly. Its reach is great but its far worse in dealing with those compared to the Flame Spear or Pole imo. Then again I have slightly less experience with the Estoc compared to either of those so my opinion may be biased which is why I wanted to ask people here as the list is in beta.

I unlocked FPS and did full AF override, and it did an amazing thing: Actually make sif look better and run better... except when he was on top of me. But that's okay, because before it was constantly changing but now it was perfect framerate EXCEPT when I was attacking (underneath him) where it got slow enough that I could deliberately time things in advance. Weird, but works. Beat him first try. Onto the undead dragon.

>Ley

Heh.

Yes

>wahhhh I can't bully everyone I invade
Delicious.

Would it be OP for the Farron greatsword parry to be at least parrying dagger/parry shield tier in terms of the available frames?

Estoc at my level isn't anything at all even late level I found it to be disappointing I don't get why anyone bothers with it at all when there's a bunch more weapons that are good.

Which one is better in Dark Souls II.

Dark-infused Uchigatana

or

Dark-infused washing pole?

I need cheap arena wins to get chaos fireball and fill my cheevos.

I dunno. Maybe? It's fine the way it is.

Nice bait. Kill yourself Redditor.

it is much faster to simply go to NG+++ than it is to get arena rank

regardless, neither, robflynn uninfused longsword, katanas are a joke against experienced players

Nah, that's exactly what it comes down to with you faggots.

You use the most meta set-ups, most underhanded tactics, and laugh all the while while reveling in any foul calls, because "that's just the game bro". Then when someone beats you at your own game it's "fuck you memehackzaki! ;_;"

You fuckers are beyond pathetic.

whats the best parry item to have?

Farron Greatsword.

The thing about Estoc is that it's (almost) unpunishable. It can pierce shields, it's thrust comes out too fast to predict or parry for most players, it has low equip requirements so you can cover any weaknesses, it has balanced scaling so you can pair it with other weapons, and unlike other rapiers it's not limited to purely thrust attacks... AND it has the longest range of those weapons.

When you get into high level PvP, punishing mistakes matters way more than an extra 10-20% damage, and when you're using a weapon that punishes well and can't be punished for using it, the margin of error you need to win is really wide.

Estoc looks like shit on paper and is terrible for PvE, but if used right it's one of the best weapons in the game for PvP. This applies to DS1, DS2, AND DS3.

Thank God.

Example:

In one of my DS2 builds I was power stancing LSS and Mirrah Greatsword. I could 2-shot people with my R1s, shield break them if they turtled, dead angle them if they tried to backstab, it was an awesome moveset on paper with both thrust and sweeping attacks, and high damage.

I traded those two weapons for a lowly estoc on the exact same quality build, and I was winning a lot more. Why? Because before I had to work HARD to punish people enough to get those 900+ damage hits in. But wit hteh estoc, I was chipping away 200-300 damage every few seconds. Every time they rolled or missed an attack = 200 health gone. All that time in most matches where it was spent on mindgames and positioning, with neither side taking damage? That was being filed with constant pokes and swipes.

I have no fucking idea what you're talking about. I'm invading at level 25 without any meta shit and killing people on ability alone, and having fun with it at least when I don't get ganked. Are you playing the same game as me fuckwit?
I don't care about meta, I will use underhanded tactics because that's how it goes and I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks about me. I get beaten at my own game all the fucking time. Can you seriously please fucking kill yourself?
I don't do anything you just claimed fuck off idiot. Those phantoms had 7+ estus flasks and 6 or 7 uses but didn't know how to use their weapons, know what HA was nor did they properly parry me whatsoever whereas I punished their parry spams, slapped them when they were exposed and use my crossbow effectively.

Okay. I would say DaS3 it would suffice but once one knows the timings to parry you and the phantom hitboxes don't fuck you over a person who knows what they're doing wont struggle against an estoc hell if you time rolls the phantom hitboxes wont land despite reach and speed.

Uchigatana for low-effort trading (better counter modifier) Washing Pole for range and unlocked play.

Uchigatana will do a lot more damage.It's only 14 less AR but gets a higher counter modifier.

Washing pole's range makes it a better punishment weapon.

But for the GCF, just go into NG++ and buy it from Wellager.

for what purpose

That's true for every weapon in dark souls.

But it takes hours and hours and hours of practice and timing to be able to get perfect parry timing down for a weapon as fast as the estoc, which has almost no windup time. Meanwhile, it only takes a few minutes of using the estoc to figure out how and when to punish people equivalently.

No weapon is ever a 100% dominance over another weapon. But some weapons require less investment to optimize to maximize their performance and potential.

"""fun"""

Basically, a good way to figure out tier lists for Dark souls is to ask "How many hours of practice does it take to completely counter/shut down this weapon and its strategies, compared to how many hours it takes to master them?"

Something like the estoc takes way more time to learn how to counter and stop (assuming you use other weapons) than it does to pick one up and learn how to use/abuse it's benefits.

Niche builds that are locked into a single weapon can be top tier, like MLGS, as long as it still takes lot of effort to counter the strategy. But usually because niche builds necessitate some weaknesses, it's usually easier to exploit the weakness than it optimize the build.

>like MLGS
But MLGS sucks now.

Why aren't you senpai's playing Let It Die™ - All your favorite Souls community streamers like Oroboro, Peeve and Scott Jund are! Remember, it's free to play as well - Start playing today!

>implying

das3 would be a tremendously better game if you could use the weapon art of your offhand

>f2p

Fuck off with your shilling

I'm playing Pokémon™. It's a really good game. You should check it out. It's also free to play, too, if you computer can handle Citra's optimization.

I was referring to DS2's MLGS actually but it was just an example of a build that requires planning all your stats around a single weapon, and how that's not always a good measure of a weapon being 'good' or 'bad'.

Am I really wrong? I love the thing so I'd be glad to be wrong.

There's a reason why all of the Souls community have shifted to Let It Die™ senpai. It's the superior game (and free)!

Desperate ads just make people want to not play your game.

MLGS has been good for a while lad. The R2s still suck horribly but it's a single-stat greatsword that will get great damage from 40-60 INT compared to the investment needed for quality greatswords. That allows room for other stats such as vitality for poisetanking. It's also one of the longest greatswords and the 1HR1 greatsword buffs makes it terrific for rollcatching.

>leo ring on a split damage weapon

Doesn't this only boost the physical damage component of the weapon's AR when you land a counter

>All the souls community

You mean a few streamers who make their money streaming video games, and always look for new games to stream?

Are you really going to call Let it Die superior to dark souls, here on a dark souls thread? Really? Is that what your focus groups tell you is what the 'cool kids on Veeky Forums' want? Do you understand how basic marketing or advertising works?

This is just a shitty bait post, and I'm not going to dignify it with more thought than this. Get your paid-by-the-hour intern ass off Veeky Forums and try to learn what your customers actually want instead of being another Me Too marketing scam.

At least post backsteps that work, sonny.
>the hitboxes on this weapon
laughing since march

I was experimenting to see what it would do, and lucky that guy walked right into that exact set-up twice for me.

Leo Ring seemed to make it do 1more point of damage

Fair, I guess, but, it sucks as poisetanking for its class (thanks, Drakeblood), and it's awful against glaives for the same reason. If its R2s were DaS-tier maybe I wouldn't complain, but it just seems like a really shitty weapon this time around.

Bingo. Same reason why Raw LSS and Enchanted MLGS are considered high tier in DS2. You get 95% of the damage with half the stat investment. Also because Enchanted MLGS doubles as a heavy shield, a must-have for melee casters.

F2P, P2W-literally

No thanks.

>Fair, I guess, but, it sucks as poisetanking for its class (thanks, Drakeblood), and it's awful against glaives for the same reason.

Drakeblood is far stubbier then the MLGS so you can outrange it with 1H or 2H R1s when spaced properly. Glaives are also shit on by greatswords unless glaive users space well since the poise changes in the Ariandel patch. It's pretty much impossible for a glaive user to tank a greatsword hit and if you have good poise you can outdamage them with a full combo.

>If its R2s were DaS-tier maybe I wouldn't complain, but it just seems like a really shitty weapon this time around.

Here's the 'problem' with the MLGS and most greatswords in 3. They are very good at poise trading with 2HR1s with 1HR1s used to rollcatch or outspace opponents and nothing else. The only useful greatsword R2s are the thrusting ones like Claymore and Hollowslayer. Now greatswords are terrific at doing things but the playstyle might not be up your alley.

Did Suda51 kill himself after realizing the final product you guys made out of his design? I love Suda51, I can't imagine him greenlighting this development hell pay to win "viral marketing" shit.

Dude just accept it. It's the reality for every videogame from now on. We're in the smartphone era. People BOUGHT PS4 Pros. A ton of people bought PS4 Pros. Abandon all hope.

>A ton of people bought PS4 Pros
How is that a bad thing? Tons of people bought N64 expansion packs or upgrade their PCs too.

>Now greatswords are terrific at doing things but the playstyle might not be up your alley.
No that's the thing though, I loved poisetrading with it. I've never been great at ""rollcatching""(it all just looks like bullshit phantom hits to me, so the menial range difference between MLGS and Drakeblood doesn't mean shit to me: still wind up getting hit inexplicably from half a screen away while my shit misses), though.
Around the time Drakeblood became the greatsword meta I stopped playing to avoid Ariandel spoilers, so if there has been rebalancing I haven't gotten to see it yet..

May I remind you that 80% of the people who bought PS4s don't even know what a 4k TV is. Also how fucking terribly designed the console is in general, that fucking jet noise is atrocious.

And yet, you know that if sony comes up with a PS4 Pro: This time it's good we swear edition in 6 months, the same people would buy it again. The same fucking mentality of the people who buy the new samsung galaxy or new iphone every 3 months.

Nothing wrong with a PS4 pro. Let it die, honestly, is probably a fun game.

But this 'use microtransactions to fund viral marketing' trash? No. And in interviews they seem to think that "shortening the grind" is some ingenious way of avoiding pay to win.

It's like there's a good game buried under all the desperate marketing.

So after all these months has anyone here made a remotely/acceptably attractive waifu in dark souls 3?

to add to this post, the expansion pack for n64 gave even more to the console for less than a tenth of the price of the console while ps4pro is a bunch of nothing, and it doesn't seem a bunch of developers will even care to patch their games to the new hardware. BB@60fps is a pipe dream.

I like mine.

>around the time the Drakeblood became the greatsword meta

Drakeblood was never the greatsword meta, it's just a lesser Hollowslayer that can temporarily gain more damage when buffed. The range really does matter to it assuming you don't have shit latency since you will miss hits with it if you're anywhere over a feet away from your target whereas the range of longer greatswords like the MLGS extends that a fair bit.

He's bitching about the PS4s as an aside thing, I think the main point is "most of the money being spent on games is poorly informed"

I think most of the people who buy PS4s know what 4k is. Most of them already know what 1080p is. They know what VR is. But I agree that most of the money behind the gaming industry is poorly informed. That's why publishers are so important in today's age, because low-information buyers are more subject to marketing.

Do I think the vast public is spending their money on the most efficient entertainment? Not really. You can get more fun emulating PS2 era games for free than buying the latest-and-greatest console. But I wouldn't judge anyone for dumping money on a PS4 pro, or upgrading their phone every 2 years.

look no further

Most people will be biased towards their own characters.

is SL28 +3 good for watchdogs? crux woods is my favorite area for pvp

I think maybe I've meant Hollowslayer this whole time.

You know what From did wrong?

Symmetrical faces. Real life faces aren't mirror images and it's uncanny valley when they are. All DS faces are perfect mirrored images.

I haven't seen a single webm here of anyone using Leonhard's sword.

Why are you all so boring.

TAKIN' A SELFIE SILLY HOLLOWS

Why is it that all the waifus posted in this general are resting-bitch-face models?

If you want to make a pretty waifu, make her look like an actual person, not desperately tweaking eyeball width to make sure she looks like an expressionless sex doll.

I'd like to see people do what armored core guys do with their emblems. Print out pictures of an actually beautiful woman and then overlay them on your screen as you make the face match the image.

Ought to be. Just don't go over 35. At least that was the limit when I did mine.

I actually didn't obsessively tweak anything. I used Similar Face to get that. Which is probably why.

So don't buy it. It's not like it has exclusive games or modes or anything.

What is a good stop-gap weapon to use before I get the Ruler's Sword in Dark Souls II?

because real girls are yuck

>favorite Souls streamers
>Oroboro
>Yukas
LOL

As far as Let It Die goes though, I've heard of a friend that it's pretty decent.

>Huge ayy lmao eyes
>Pale, lifeless face almost indistinguishable from a freshly deceased corpse
Pounds of shit-tier makeup caked on her face

It isn't possible to make an attractive face in ANY DaS game

>inb4 more images of ugly ass shitfus being spammed

DaS2 had asymmetrical faces. You couldn't use them without CE tho.

requesting the collage that was done before?

Sun Sword, Mastodon Greatsword (Or Bastard Sword), Lost Sinner's Sword, Mirrah Greatsword (Claymore if you don't want to kill Lucatiel)

All of which are, honestly, better than the Ruler's Sword.

requesting the character collage that has been done before?

it's hard to get a tan when the world is dying

>not desperately tweaking eyeball width to make sure she looks like an expressionless sex doll.
wat

>Print out pictures of an actually beautiful woman and then overlay them on your screen as you make the face match the image.
That's a little too ..."dedicated", even for me, and I did haphazardly model mine after a real chick.

But I thought the Soul bonus made it worth it