Generators and other useful resources
pastebin.com/aeg28Ktm
[MV] Plugin Releases
mvplugins.com/
yanfly.moe/
[VX/Ace] Master Script List
rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List
Collection of old RPGM games
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bz0L3Pxrc8tqfnB1dFhTZHZwSV91cW1KMW9wcUM2WHhwSFFFMUVJX0pEYVExMndNLWtXbGs&usp=sharing

The /rpgmg/ podcast (On haitus until January):
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyrIVUR5VXKC9XxmtqJh0u0Wcdvu8VQ6A

/rpgmg/ Chain/Collaboration Game!
Currently working:
Bubbles !u696zUYxpM
Version 13B: mediafire.com/download/89tsrb5ka31g36h/rpgmgcollab_v13B.zip

Latest SteelZeroes Demo!
mediafire.com/?7j353lkhfpnnx27

Tomb of friends demo pep.itch.io/tomb-of-friends-demo

Other urls found in this thread:

yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/core-scripts/class-system/
pastebin.com/uxDVn1J7
rpgmakercentral.com/topic/729-msx-scene-menu-mod/
youtube.com/watch?v=4jBDnYE1WjI
youtube.com/watch?v=9GhtZt2HYkM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First post for it's time to post some progress Anons.
What are you working on?

oh finnally. Ive been watching this thread for days

I just had a fresh idea but I'm looking for a neat way to put it all down. I don't want to use a word processor. I'm thinking of learning LaTex and formating all my thoughts that way.

I'm not familiar with that program but what is your idea about?

>a bunch of posts at the end of last thread telling other people to make a new thread
>no one is willing to do it themselves
Fegs.

Okay, basically it revolves around one guy.

Also this is a rough draft so I am still very much in the planning stages.

The main characters starts to get curious about the religion that his people follow. He distrusts something about it. To cure his curiosity, he decides to join the temple of the religion in hopes that it will shed light on his possible ill-conceived impressions.

After joining, he overhears a conversation that startles him from some of the highest members. Then he sneaks into one of their rooms to find more info. What he finds strikes him so deeply that he immediately leaves. He leaves the temple. He leaves the town. He runs away to a mountain that is nearby. He enters a cave near the top of the mountain to think about everything he's learned.

It is here that he hears a voice. His torch goes out and he starts to freak out. The voice continues to speak to him, telling him personal information that only those close to him would know. Then the voice reveals itself as a god. He explains how he has seen what has happened to his people but is not angry or upset. The god explains his design philosophy for his people. He knew that it was one possibility out of many. He also debates with the main character about what he learned at the temple and whether or not it is actually just.

Then he talks to the main character about possibly being the messiah to bring the people back to him.

Main character's choice TBD.

Interesting idea but I wonder what could be so monstrous that the MC immediately loses his faith.
If you are up to it you could make two stories, one in which the MC becomes the Messiah and one where he declines.

I was contemplating making that whole description the game. It would be pretty dialogue heavy though. I'd prefer to make a game with lots of dialogue choices that the player can make.

However, this story is much better told as a linear one with few choices. But I could actually cut down the whole temple part to free up much more time for the main character coming down from the mountain.

Basically the temple is actually not telling the truth. Their religion is not based on a true God, or at least not anymore. It is more of a institution that structures the lives of the people. It helps the people be more moral, live in safety and keep them prosperous. Yet the entire thing is based on a huge lie. Also they purposely fake "miracles" to keep the faith high.

The main character is torn between exposing the temple and creating absolute chaos in his civilization or not saying a word and letting his people stay moral and prosperous but live a lie.

Then meeting a real god complicates things for him even more. I think that would be a good place for the game to actually start taking off for the character.

That is an interesting dilemma. I would like to play a game about this, I'm interested how the MC would fight against the temple. Pretty sure if he would simply scream the truths in the streets he would get branded a heretic and would get captured pretty fast while achieving nothing.
So he needs to be cunning and collect hard evidence, kinda like a detective/spy. And these are the stories I really like.

For a second I had to think about the movie Soylent Green. While it has nothing to do with religion the MC also found the truth about a pretty big lie. But he told others about it as soon as he could.

You're exactly right. How could one person go against a huge power structure and not seem like a crazy fool? Or alternatively, could he break the hearts of his people who believe that there is a god watching over them?

I'm getting the story down pretty quick but I don't know how many other mechanics I will put in the game. A battle system seems nice but is it worth it to the player? I'll more than likely add inventory to the game(plot items and such). I want to add a journal system that shows the thoughts of the main character and explains quests from his point of view.

Ending and a secret room similar to FF's dev room.
I was wondering which cool things I can put there other than some secret party members and special battles, any ideas?
In post game, there is also a way to immediately reach LV.99 immediately

But it was only just made! How can you have been watching it?

kek. Not this thread, I meant the OTHER thread. Sorry for the vagueness.

I don't think a normal battle system would be best suited for a game like this.
You could have a battle system which would be like a debate, where you try to convince the other party with evidences and truths you found while also countering their arguments. Maybe at the beginning they won't listen to you at all and you need to shake their faith (HP) first before presenting something.
Maybe it would seem a little silly but it would be kinda unique.

That sort of reminds me of the debate system in Phoenix Wright It would be neat to have a system like that. Although that has a judge to determine the outcome of that "battle"

Or perhaps it could be like a mini-game

>Danganronpa.jpg

Good night bump

Trying to get into the art stuff and draw some character sprites even though I have no experience on that, but I'm kinda stuck. Which of these two look better? She's supposed to be a female kobold, but I get the vibe that something is missing.

Man, doing your own art is H A R D

Do you see any particular advantage in using LaTeX for that?
I've used it a bit before, and while it does give you a neat finished product, Word or OpenOffice is better for quickly jotting things down.

Right is better, the bust is more defined. But both work well on their own.

I'd prefer doing my own art for a shit looking game instead of using pre-made material for an ok looking game.
Shit looking looks worse but...it's yours.

I made some shitty sprites and tiles for the main room where the action in my game takes place, but now I can't figure out how to import tiles properly.
I try to import some of the tiles as ground tiles, so I can put them in the bottom layer, but this just isn't working. I tried reading through the help files, but I'm too dumb to understand how to format my stuff correctly.

Since it's around the holidays, and most people should(probably) be a little free around this time, how about a small game jam to liven this place up?

also bump

I'm into it, what did you have in mind?

I haven't thought of a theme yet, maybe have some of the folks here think up a theme people can be satisfied with?

As for a timing, a month might be reasonable for it, right?

How do I use this? Need muslim clothing...

Does anyone have a link to the RPG Maker DS generator parts for Game Character Hub?

How about something where you're ONLY allowed to use the default maps in VX Ace/MV and RTP (or character gen) assets?

Like, you're not allowed to change the maps visually AT ALL except for adding doors and shit. You can of course make NPCs, chests, events, etc though. And so you have to make the most interesting thing possible with that limitation?

>Mudslime headscarves
Yeah no, I'm not gonna help you cover up sexy waifus because your stone age religion hates women.

That's actually pretty interesting. Would save a whole lot of time for people too. I'm game for that.

Agreed on a month for making it then?

Would save a bunch of time, but the default chibi art of MV makes me want to throw up.

Sounds like a good time frame.

Actually, I had proposed this on the RPG Maker forums a while back. Here's the specifics of my original idea (copied from the thread).

You would only be allowed to use:

- Default assets (graphics, music, etc), NOT including any DLC.

- Default maps (the premade ones that you can load), not being allowed to modify the map itself, only being able to place events, with restrictions on event visual elements (I'll explain this more below).

- Only able to use default plugins that come with the program, if any.
The big thing here being the restriction on maps. You can't make your own maps, and you're only allowed to use events for certain purposes, for example:

- General events that have no visual elements and do not affect your ability to move around the map (i.e. an invisible wall) are generally okay and you can use whatever event commands you want in them.

- NPCs can be added anywhere so long as they don't exist to deliberately clutter or make the map layout change (for example, you can't subvert the rule on map layouts by building walls of NPCs).

- Chests follow the same rule as above - you can place them anywhere you like as long as you're not trying to deliberately manipulate the map layout by placing random chests to block off certain areas. You don't have to put items in chests either, you could hide them in objects like pots, barrels, bookcases, etc, too, as long as they aren't new event objects.

- Signs denoting things like Inns, Shops, etc are fine, as long as they don't obstruct the player's path.

- Events to serve as save points are allowed but follow the same rules as NPCs and Chests.

Pic related is an example of what would and would not be allowed.

who's covering sexy waifus? just covering the mudslime women. Game will pretty much make fun of Islam at times

Sounds pretty good. How many people here are interested then?

Well, I'd be interested, seeing as how I'm the one who suggested it.

I have to wonder who your audience is, then.
If you're covering the subject AND making fun of it, you're surely going to please nobody?

That's a lot of work to put into what basically amounts to epic racist shitposting, user.

So, anyone making any progress on that Goblin Slayer Helmet?

Right has more depth, but either way it looks like a green cat. It needs a little more scraggly hair or teeth, or something

What about the right one, but removing the black outline around the belt?

Messing around with MV scripting, looking into making my own alternative to Window_Selectable. I need to be able to offer choices across multiple windows rather than a list of choices within one window. It shouldn't be too hard I think.

Can someone help me with something?

yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/core-scripts/class-system/

Can anyone tell me if there's a way to call the class change scene via a script call? I can't seem to find a way to do that. I want to have an event that you have to speak to in order to change your class, not be able to change class at will from the menu.

some of the npc's will be wearing hijabs

You can simply disable the class menu using a switch and enable it when you talk with this NPC, call the menu via event command and then disable it again

Hm... But that would seem... tacky, no?
Like "Here, I'll open your menu for you so you can change your class!"
I'd much rather be able to open the scene itself by speaking to the event and then closing the scene when you back out of it.

I don't know much Ruby scripting, but I think it's
something like this

SceneManager.call(Scene_Class)

Tested it myself in a new project, it works.
As soon I interact with an event with said script call, pic related shows up

That seems to work! Thanks!

Selection across multiple windows works!

Drawing the highlight under the selected option is still broken though.

bump

Progress!

Now the only thing left to do is figure out how to get the selection to pulse like the rest of the menus do.

Stay with me! Don't leave me again!

That's coming together nicely, user.

Sorry for the late reply.

Well I have been looking for an alternative for writing my stuff down. I use Linux and I like to keep my workflow on this OS. I boot up Windows 7 for playing games and making my RPG maker games. I want something that is pretty compatible for cross platform. Sometimes Word and OpenOffice or LibreOffice will corrupt files or make them formatted weird. I was thinking of saving my stuff as PDF's since they are stable and won't corrupt easily.

I have not yet started using LaTex yet but it looks simple once you learn the tags. I want to be able to get down all of my ideas and not be too worried about formating. At least at the beginning. Since I'm not yet using LaTex I'm using a program called Plume Creator to outline the general story for my game. Also I'm using Centx to plot out the actual dialogue since it lends it self to quickly format and export PDF's with script writing format.

Whoops, I meant Celtx, not Centx.
I don't even know what that is.

Don't underestimate the Power of Plain Text(TM).

pastebin.com/uxDVn1J7

Wow. I like that a lot. It kind of reminds me of Emacs. Especially with the lists thing.

>public static void main(String[] args){

>System.out.println("I love you.");

> }

Oh gosh

Alive

What do you guys think of this interface?
It still needs some adjusting of course, but I mean the general layout.

I prefer vertical lists of options rather than horizontal.

bump

I think it looks alright

How the fuck do I actually write a story

Any chance you could get the top more like this? The varying amounts of squishedness on the options is triggering me.

Don't worry, I'll fix it. Like I said, needs some adjusting.

Oh, cool. That aside, I think it looks good, but "Galt" after the gold is redundant and a bit distracting - I imagine it'd look cleaner if you just remove it or make it Galt: 0.

I'm working on a section of my game where you get sucked into a painting, and as such I'm redrawing a lot of the tilesets and sprites I'm using to give the area a more unique feel.

Drawing your own stuff is hard! But part of me wants to make my whole game like this now... at least then it's MINE, yknow? I'm not using any body elses art.... but I do really like the 16-bit style tilesets I've been using until now.

Argh! Game dev is hard!

maybe it's just me

try this.

made pictures bigger
Moved LV and class around

I will, I will. Like I said, needs adjusting. I literally JUST installed the script when I made the screenshot.

That's actually a feature of the script. But I'm thinking of ditching the 4 existing characters entirely and making the game have a class swapping system with characters who change costumes when you change classes, so I won't be using the face graphics in that case.

Also I'm surprised you actually took the time to draw that.

I just think vertical menus look better.

how about this?

Well... this script doesn't appear to allow vertical menus...

This is what I'm using.

rpgmakercentral.com/topic/729-msx-scene-menu-mod/

Here's how it looks now. Better?
Also um.... I can't seem to figure out how to get it to remove the Galt line and change Gold: 0 to Galt: 0 (the name of the currency is supposed to be Galt).

Can anyone look at the script and tell me how to fix that?

Dude!!! I've been following your game for a few threads now.

For what it's worth, I think if you adopted the MS-Paint style graphics you could show a lot more character in the world and characters than you could with the 16 bit pixel graphics...
Especially if you want each of the slimes to have unique personalities. Just my initial thoughts.

It certainly gives it a more "classic" look. Though, it should probably be on the left for authenticity.

Try line 410 of the script for the Gold label.

Okay that managed to change Gold to Galt but... I'm not sure how to get rid of that second Galt...

I can't into scripts but maybe try fucking with the currency_unit bit in
> draw_currency_value(value, currency_unit, 4, 0, 120)
?

Yeah I think that's it. I bet if you replaced it with a pair of empty quotes '' it would be left blank.

Nah that just makes the 0 disappear.

can you paste lines 408 to 420 from your code so we can see?

Don't forget to push your work to your remote repository, user-kun! You don't want to lose all your work to a freak hard drive failure.

draw_currency_value(value, currency_unit, 4, 0, 120)
draw_text(4, 0, 120, line_height, "Galt:", 0)
draw_text(195, 0, 120, line_height, "Steps:", 0)
draw_text(390, 0, 120, line_height, "Time:", 0)
change_color(normal_color)
draw_text(195, 0, 120, line_height, $game_party.steps, 2)
@total_sec = Graphics.frame_count / Graphics.frame_rate
ora = @total_sec / 60 / 60
min = @total_sec / 60 % 60
sec = @total_sec % 60
tempo = sprintf("%02d:%02d:%02d", ora, min, sec)
draw_text(390, 0, 120, line_height, tempo, 2)

Oops, at the top above that says "contents.clear" on 408

maybe get rid of line 410
>draw_text(4, 0, 120, line_height, "Galt:", 0)

and see what that does

That line shows the "Galt:" at the beginning. That's what he wants to keep. He wants to get rid of the label after the number. I'm pretty sure that line 409 should do that.

Well he's drawing "Galt" twice.
409 draws what his database says is his currency, which is "Galt". I think that
> (value,
draws the number of that variable
> (currency_unit
will draw the "Galt" he wants

line 410 is drawing "Galt" specifically and puts it at 0.

409 draws "0Galt"
410 draws "Galt: "
Put it together and you get "Galt: 0Galt"
He wants "Galt: 0".

The way to do that is to change line 409, replacing currency_unit with an empty set of quotation marks:

draw_currency_value(value, '', 4, 0, 120)

That one did it! Thanks!
And thanks to everyone else for trying to figure it out too.

>I have to wonder who your audience is, then.
user, you do realize this is "nobody actually releases anything: the general" right? Who cares what he works on for a hobby.

is there anywhere I can find old Veeky Forums RPG maker games? Also which games are the best?

Today's Song of the Day (The Artists Are Fucking Furries Edition):

youtube.com/watch?v=4jBDnYE1WjI

How do you decide on songs anyway? Any reasoning behind it or do you just pick songs at random?

It's whatever strikes my fancy that day. Maybe it's been stuck in my head, or maybe I already played it five or six times that day, it just depends. I try to filter my choices to things that aren't too niche or overplayed on the radio, but there's nothing special to it.

I see.
Well most songs you post are unknown to me so I often hear something new, that is nice.

Glad to hear. That's kinda my goal; I got the idea from some guy who would do "thread theme song" in the Insomnia GoG sales, and I found a bunch of cool songs because of him like

youtube.com/watch?v=9GhtZt2HYkM

Which show has a greater influence on your game?

Bojack Horseman or Jojo's Bizarre Adventure?