Rip sweet prince

Rip sweet prince.

Should've brought the TB48DE back into the patrol for the Legend Edition.

carsales.com.au/editorial/videos/2016/nissan/patrol/nissan-bids-farewell-to-trusty-patrol-105046

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-gzdDrelqSI
youtube.com/watch?v=-XgTiuySL_A
youtube.com/watch?v=g9sKn-tKz6c
youtube.com/watch?v=sv2AmnW6nL4
youtube.com/watch?v=Yv_rKqC88Ic
youtube.com/watch?v=lkGOopcjngU
youtube.com/watch?v=rINOCjgASAs
downthunder.com.au/news/article/How-the-Nissan-Patrol-ZD30-Engine-became-Most-Wanted/38
youtube.com/watch?v=FiEv4eSDwW8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

... no

Whats next; the Pajero? LandCruiser?

Best 4x4 finally coming to an end :(

NO
FUN
ALLOWED

judging by videos from they were doing fine

Well, the whole reason it was canned was because it failed to comply with new emissions standards (I think it was Euro 5?) introduced in Australia. And if the ZD wasn't going to be adapted to suit, the antiquated TB sure as hell wouldn't. No real matter, as there's a plethora of petrol and even less desirable, but still adequate RD28 turbo diesel GU Patrols on the market that are near the bottom of the market for the true offroading enthusiasts.
It's actually believed the curtent full size Pajero is nearing the end of its global life cycle, and that there's either not going to be a replacement developed, or that it's going to turn into a full size luxury crossover. In Aus again, Mitsubishi Motors Aus have reintroduced the DPF on MY17 NX Pajeros to meet the previously mentioned Euro emissions standards. At least the 4M41 managed to get away without it for so long. And there's suspicion there'll be no replacement for the J70 Landcruiser either once that goes the way of the dinosaur, because at least the local market trend has moved towards midsize pickups.

>Patrol gone
>Pajero probably gone
>Landcruiser maybe gone

That does it, time to invade Europe and stick their Euro-Emissions in the oven.

Good riddance to the 3 litre diesel.

That thing is fucking gutless. Have one in our SES (emergency services for internationals) unit and it needs to be thrashed to keep it going off-road. You're asking a lot of a car that weighs nearly 3 tonnes with all of our gear with a piddly motor.

The TD42 wasn't much better on paper, but the sheer size of it made it much easier to use lower in the rev range.
Oh well, at least the LC is going to get another go around before they're eventually killed off in favour of Hiluxs.

>2025
>Bushfire season
>Get callout to assist/fight fires/whatever
>Every jumps into the Government issue Great Wall 240 crossover hatch
>Cook the 2L diesel trying to get up a gutter
>Electronic AWD shits the bed on the slightest rut when the wheel lifts
>Damage all the 20" wheels with 15 profile rubber on them driving through the bush
>CVT gearbox overheats
>Finally get to fire and put it out

>20 years later die of asbestosis due to lol asbestos brake shoes

RIP one of the last true off road vehicles

Well, the civilian marketed J200 (itself successor of the J50, 60, 80 and 100 before) will keep soldiering on as Toyota seems to have been able to cut out a niche as a capable yet reliable Range Rover market stealer. And again, if you want to get into the serious factory 4x4 market, news the time. Plenty of bottom dollar GUs about... Unless it's a factory 4.2TDi, those things seem to have their own economy.

the normal patrol is alright
we still have the jimny(which only sells in like 8 countries for some reason)
the land cruiser 70
and the normal pajero(which is really underrated imo)

>People that actually think lower end shit tier patrol engines are superior to the TB48, Gtfo poor fags, best 4x4 I've driven and own.

One of the best engines to tune in terms of reliability and torque.

youtube.com/watch?v=-gzdDrelqSI

youtube.com/watch?v=-XgTiuySL_A

youtube.com/watch?v=g9sKn-tKz6c

youtube.com/watch?v=sv2AmnW6nL4

youtube.com/watch?v=Yv_rKqC88Ic

*faint commie chink sniggering in the distance*

TB48 is a good motor. But it runs on the wrong fuel.

Petrol Patrols are for latte sippers mate. Poof.

It absolutely shits on the 4.2 series and you know it cock head ;) You're just another faggot cunt in his mid 20's living off the dole and driving his slow piece of shit civic thinking his shit don't stink, eat a dick mate.

This.
People should invest in a less desirable 2.8 or early ZD30 pootrol, perform a Duramax/Allison conversion, get a southern cross tatoo and enjoy the best possible Patrol configuration tbqh.

I'm all in favour for this rather than getting a TB48 but when gay cunts actually think that the diesel shit box patrols are better stock, they're absolute mongs that need to be lynched, just look at this shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=lkGOopcjngU

youtube.com/watch?v=rINOCjgASAs

This is the darkest timeline

I'll remember that next time I buy a Patrol to go drag racing. I'll probably head to the /lgbt/ forum at the same time.

If you can even make it to the drag strip in time.

downthunder.com.au/news/article/How-the-Nissan-Patrol-ZD30-Engine-became-Most-Wanted/38

youtube.com/watch?v=FiEv4eSDwW8

Fucking rofl.
But seriously, the later CRDi ZD30 is still an adequate motor and reliable enough if the emissions equipment is chucked in the bin. Once tuned and rid of its EGR it's a hell of a lot less laggy than standard, although that ain't hard. I still wouldn't touch one with a ten foot pole for serious twing duty though, unless I was using that ten foot pole to smash it into an insurance claim to put toward one with a proper engine.

We have a lot of vans here with the ZD30DD.

Slow as fuck but those van drivers have those things screaming at 4,000 rpm in every gear and jabbing the throttle in between gears with clutch dumps hard enough for whiplash tier injuries.

They actually survive this treatment for years upon years.

topkek my sides

Yeah have some news for you on that one.
Just signed a contract for these, theoretical life of 15 years from purchase, expect to be buying these for the next 6-10 years.

Carry 600 litres of water, weigh 4.49 metric tonnes and cost somewhere between 500k - 700k a pop.

If you want to know where your taxes go, it's into these army-trucks with a water tank attached.

N/A ZDs are okay
the turbo ones are shit