Are Lexus cars worth manual swapping? Or if I get one should I accept it's a cruiser?

Are Lexus cars worth manual swapping? Or if I get one should I accept it's a cruiser?

Absolutely
You fix the only problem the car has.
t56 swaps are popular and to my knowledge are pretty well documented

i you have to ask you cant afford it

just buy a post swapped car and dont waste your valuable time fucking around

OP asked if it was worth doing, not if he could afford it
you fucking namefags i swear

depends on the model in question. The IS, GS, and SC are all worth manual swapping. The LS, ES, and all the SUV's though are another story.

Also, the only swapped Lexus I've found was an sc300 for $29k. So it's the fact that I can't afford a pre swapped one

Why not the LS? I like the IS but the LS400 is ultimately what I want

because the LS never came in manual, so its a bit more challenging to get it to work with one

The LS has no appreciable aftermarket support for anything really.
If you want a manual Lexus-LS-like car, may I suggest a Lexus GS400/GS430 in its place? They actually have aftermarket support and manual swaps have been done before.

I guess those are both good reasons why it would. If I can find a gs in my area I probably would but is is realistically what I'll find

manual Lexus GS's weren't offered in the US, but IIRC, the JDM equivalent, the Toyota Aristo was. A conversion is still needed, but you can actually get the required parts for a GS.

are you retarded
he didn't ask how much it was. ignore all namefags

Just buy a manual IS300. I hear this crap from retards all the time.

>"I'll just swap the transmission! It isn't that hard! Hyuk hyuk!"

3 months later, the car is sitting on jack-stands with the transmission out.

6 months later, there is no change

1 year later, they sell the car because they're frustrated with it.

>boyracer-fying a luxobarge
Why would you even?

>buy a turboflamer riceercar for too much
>swap

why tho?

Lexus LS has been V8 only since its introduction 27 years ago. Not even Cadillac have this much dedication.

just found one that came from the factory manual, itll take a while but youll eventually find one

SC300 and ES300 came manual from the factory

This is why I'm not looking for one already manual, all are ridiculously high

>Not even Cadillac have this much dedication.
Show me a factory V6 Eldorado anywhere. Cadillac was more dedicated to V8's than anyone else until 2003 when they released the first CTS and it took off.

>ebay
try craigslist

LS is comfy floaty cruiser, enjoy it for what it is.

Manual swaps are for IS, SC, and GS. Those can already be found in manual, though with a transmission that isn't meant to take more than stock power.

For this reason lots of them get transmissions plucked from a Supra so that 2J can do what it was meant to, eat boost like candy. Or just tune it. I6 tend to really benefit from a tune and the 2J is no exception. Just remember what you're getting into, it's not a GTE.

Only aftermarket the LS has is MUH VIP STYLE

Might as well. It wears it pretty well, but YMMV

>1997 ls400
>90,000 miles
>$4500 usd

Sounds like a great deal, wut do i look for. Ie problematic issues. I feel like any shitbox 2007+ would have the same ride quality, if not better. Am i delusional?

>ebay

thats your problem i found a few 5speed sc300's for sale on craigslist under $5k

>Am i delusional?
yes.

This is basically a new car, user. Non-factory engine, non-factory transmission.

>Am i delusional?

No. They're fantastic cars, assuming it is in good shape, which it should be for 90k, I'd buy it ASAP.

That being said, the 1998-2000 is better overall, but nothing wrong with a 1997.