Lexus LS400 - What is the equivalent on other brands?

Basically, I want I car I can park next to my dad's LS400 but I want I don't want another LS400

>Why?
To blow the fuck out of my neighbor for the second time, first being when he saw my dad's LS400, with his bmw i32 whatever the fuck you know what car.

So...
What is the equivalent (or closest) to/of an LS400 on other brands?
For example an Acura Legend would be the equivalent on the Acura line.

Mercedes S-class
BMW 7 series
Audi A8

But those are all worse cars.

infiniti q45
its the ls400 direct competitor. basically the same car.
>For example an Acura Legend would be the equivalent on the Acura line.
umm no

>S-class
>worse

>Any S-class within an LS400-sized budget
>Better than said LS400

In terms of luxury and cachet among common folk, no.
In terms of reliability and maintenance costs, yes.

But OP should specify what metrics they are looking for as far as "equivalency," because if it is reliability then OP is in for a rude awakening if they think any other car compares to the LS in this regard.

some others that haven't been mentioned are Jaguar XJ and VW Phaeton (If you can get them in the US)

Mercedes was so scared of the LS400 they pushed back the W140 a full year

OPa Gangnam style here...
Yes, reliability above all but luxury and comfort comes second. So, is LS400 the most efficient and reliable V8 luxury couches on wheels sedan? What can even compete in terms of price, cost to own, luxury and comfort?

Get an S140 Crown user

It's a good thing LS400's don't have a dick or you would have choked to death by now. They're not immortal they crap out like any other old car and it will probably cost more to fix than the car is worth to repair it when it does, like any other old car. This is why we have parts yards.

How about you go choke on your mother's cock? Nobody said it was immortal. Nonetheless, the LS is as close to perfect as the internal combustion automobile can get. If OP wants to find and purchase one then we should encourage OP to do so.

Buy a GS or an SC

ls would be the best one! If youre looking for others i also considered the
-c43amg and the i6 version
-sc400/300
-q45(before they fucked the headlights)
None are as reliable and nice as the ls besides maybe the sc

Crown Vic/Grand Marquis/Town Car is pretty much the god landboats of the Burgerland. Same reliability as a Toyota, under-powered V8 but can be awoken with a couple of bolt-on mods.

Owned both Lincoln Town Car and LS350. Ended up selling the LS350 and kept the town car and bought a mustang. Was in-love with the Town Car from the start and could easily fall asleep in the back seat.

If your dad's is champagne get a black one. If it's black get a champagne one.

Fucking shit not LS I meant ES.

To be fair, the LS400 looks way better than the German equivalents it was trying to beat

Why would you get a grandpa special LS when you can get a GS?

GS300 is good but I don't like the looks of that car. I would rather get sc300 or is300.

k

Why the fuck would someone get an LS that's smaller than an LS, let alone import it from Japan with the wheel on the wrong side?

Y33 generation Infiniti Q45.

I like.

How are LS400's?
I have a coworker trying to unload his with 200k miles for like 3k
I kinda want it because I've been wanting a V8 engine for my next car but i also kind of want a project so how can I make power from one?

Jaguar XJ6 of the same era, 1995-1997

>bulletproof engine and tranny
>denso climate control and engine management
>gold plated made in Japan lucas electronics (so really not lucas)
>comfy as FUCK
>probably one of the best looking luxury cars of all time

The leather smells superb. Everything is very high quality. I miss mine so fucking much but I drifted it into a curb, I don't deserve that car yet. Btw I spent less maintaining it for 2 years than on my rx7 for 6 months, and I drove it a shit ton. Had 300,000 km on it and ran perfectly.
Women love it, i went through a phase where I would park next to LS400S and ask which is the nicer car and they would ask if I was joking.

Pic related. What a royal feeling car. I think it's leagues ahead of RR and Bentley of the same generation.

>To blow the fuck out of my neighbor
Don't buy anything from gm.

>I don't like the looks of that car
Get your eyes checked out. Also Y34 generation Infiniti M45. Bit smaller than the Q.

It won't be so royal feeling when you see it being towed to the shop for the third time in three months.

I like the 740Li back then, but it's still second place to the ls400

>is LS400 the most [...] reliable V8 luxury couches on wheels sedan?
That would be a Crown Victoria.

My bad, 740iL

I don't like GM and Cadillacs are shit. My friend has a Cadillac and every morning he gets scared when he opens the door or unlocks the car because the car honks like 5 times in under 2 seconds. Piece of shit 99% of GM is.

for those exact reasons

New Cadillac and Buick are actually super nice. Handle great, good quality and have some good motors. The northstar and 2.0t are cuck motors though.

Not same price.

What you need is this beauty. Everyone will turn into jelly when you park it.

That's an easy thing to say about new cars. That's why it's called the test of time.

If they were taken care of with recommended maintenance, they can roll forever
See Fatty Marsh's Million Mile Lexus

acura legend is best car

what year? 98+ are vvti and a bit harder to ad power too but come with more power than the 98- ones. main way to get power outta one is through forced induction, and unlexusing the exhaust.

heres mine before i swapped the wheels

Nice..

Here's mine.
Hey, that's for sale isn't it, I think I saw it on CL before I bought this one.

im not really trying to sell it,
just have it posted for shits n giggles.
only thing id ever want over it is a manual SC300 or possibly a is350. swapping LS's just isnt worth it especially when it comes with a smooth and lovely 5spd auto

the ls400 is definetly the most reliable v8 sofa youre gonna find. the leather is pretty supple as well, way nicer than the leather in my freinds newer lex's. also basically the only maintence you have to do is tires, fluids, and timing belt every 100K to be safe.

The leather is amazing. My dad had a 1999 LS400 with Coach interior. It was supposed to be my car when I turned 16 but he sold it.
>tfw no comfy V8 vaporwavemobile with Coach leather

didnt even know the 98+ came with coach leather, I have a plat edition, basically the standard leather.

I'd be mad at my dad.

^
could probably keep it running forever with decent maintenence

I think it was a 99, I may be wrong, its been a while.
It was a depressing day.
I ended up with a 01 MDX with a tranny that shat the bed at 180,000 miles. Oh well, free car, I wasn't doing any complaining.

Get a job.

did it have the rectangular headlights or the "parralelogram" headlights

if rectangular(still hot af) its a 97

had to "trap hard" for a good year or 2 for my LS :)

It was not rectangular, I remember that much.

Got it. The guy who I bought this one from also had a '97 SC300 manual with 14k miles, but wanted way too much at 14k. He was the original owner of the ls400 and sc400, and garaged and barely drove them until his family finally got him to sell them off.
Fairly certain coach edition was 1997 only.

thats pure fucking goals,
at 14K miles manual thats a gem, but not a good purchase, as there will be lots of maintenence to come.
in an ideal world, id own a sc300,ls400,gs300,es300,rx+land cruiser all in black.
in reality, i will probably end up with a black sc400/300(auto), my LS, and a rx or land cruiser, because my semi disposable income is not that big and the majority of it goes to classes and textbooks

also would not consider that family a family :)

Okay it was 97 then, I guess, because I'm positive it was Coach. He may have bought it in 99 and that's where I'm getting that number from.

That sc300 was ridiculously showroom condition, kinda glad he was asking so much so I wasn't tempted. It was on CL for a few months, too, but not anymore so I guess someone must have nabbed it. I wanted a black LS the most, yours is sexy while mine is a bit "old man", but I couldn't pass up how nice it was at a a pretty good price.

And I would definitely not consider them a family, but it worked out for me

the one thing about black though is it highlights(not sure if this is the best word) dirt/pollen/imperfections

regardless, i still love my v8 sofa

That's a BS meme mate. I had two XJ's from the 90's and they were both extremely reliable. Fantastic and very opulent cars.

Probably the best looking sedan ever made. The X350 didn't measure up. The current x351 is just inappropriate blasphemy.

Especially the 90's Town car.

if you are looking, op, for something comparable so far as being a full size luxury car, a 90's Lincoln is a good bet. Just make sure it's one that's in good shape. Nothing screams redneck like a beat up lincoln, much like nothing screams "nigger" like a donked lincoln.

Honestly i'd recommend the lincoln over it's Ford and mercury Siblings because it has the better luxury styling IMO. Crown Vic is generic, and the Grand marquis is good, but is also intentionally the "mid level".

hell, the early 90's Signature edition Town car came with a fucking onboard phone

I spent 1000 dollars maintaining it over 2 years. That money was in shocks, tie rod ends, and a faulty dash light module. It got 26 mpgs and looked amazing, the ls400 looks less than sterile. It looks neutered.

The xj looks like a chintzy toy for people who think they have taste - reminds me of an excalibur. It's trying to modernize while sticking to the old beautiful designs of the 60s, and failing at both. Despite your anecdotal evidence they're also widely known for their reliability problems. The LS isn't magic, but it's a ridiculously smooth, powerful, reliable car with clean design that really has presence.

Get a E55 AMG, well priced ones can be found, that Supercharged v8

>It's trying to modernize while sticking to the old beautiful designs of the 60s,

Like the Porsche 911? The LS is a good car but it's to an XJ what a Lexus ES is to a BMW 3 Series. Funny how the people who know the most about Jaguar's "reliability problems" have never owned one.

>What can even compete in terms of price, cost to own, luxury and comfort?
Absolutely. Fucking. Nothing.

I work for Infiniti, don't get the Q45, they've all fallen apart at the hands of poorfags and this pedophile looking brony fuck who brought his sticker covered shitbox in and actually had the gall to show his face in the shop with literal loli stickers on it

Get the LS, throw an Amistad skirt and some tyte rims on it for DAT VIP STYLE and BTFO both your neighbor and your dad

I didn't say no one could emulate old cars. A lot of companies do it well. Jaguar didn't.

>BTFO my dad
Kek

tfw was going to inherit my dad's ls400
tfw it caught on fire from ignition one day.

>1997 ls400
>90,000 miles
>$4500 usd

Sounds like a great deal, wut do i look for. Ie problematic issues. I feel like any shitbox 2007+ would have the same ride quality, if not better. Wut do

>I feel like any shitbox 2007+ would have the same ride quality, if not better.
well you'd be dead fucking wrong
ls400 has better ride quality than most cars made today, and miles ahead of any other car you can buy for the same price

Plz respond

Pretty good. In my area the best is for $4200 but had 140k miles.

Panther-body Mercury Marauder

except not really because the Marauder is better looking and ten times more fun to drive if *slightly* less low-maintenence.

make sure the timing belt and power steering pump are good, that's about it

Even though I can't help with the trouble areas I can tell you the LS is an extremely quiet and refined car. There is a reason their slogan used to be "The Relentless Pursuit of Perfection."

If you want to stick with Japanese brand then the late 90's Infiniti Q45 would be a good choice as well.